• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mixed feelings about this. Respawn has been putting quality games so a huge talent like that leaving is not good in that. The upside is, hopefully, Epic actually pushing towards making new games, and not just grabbing talent left and right to keep on working on Fortnite only.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm dumb, read it as someone who was in Respawn at the moment.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Mixed feelings about this. Respawn has been putting quality games so a huge talent like that leaving is not good in that. The upside is, hopefully, Epic actually pushing towards making new games, and not just grabbing talent left and right to keep on working on Fortnite only.

He left Respawn years ago.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully we see more games from epic with him there. I was worried they'd turn into the next Valve focusing less on Game development and more on a stupid store.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for Fortnite: Modern Battle Royale. Or maybe Fortnitefall.

Really though, that's cool.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Hopefully it means we get another game out of them sooner rather than later. They seem to have been laser-focused game dev-wise on Fortnite since before it even had a BR mode, so it'll be nice to see them get back to it while still supporting their massive Fortnite fanbase (esp since - for a good as Fortnite is - it isn't anywhere near a showcase of UE4 that Gears was for UE3).

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
So, this guy works FOR Epic and Epic only?!?! Somebody's gotta put a stop to Epic.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
That's cool....but I hope it's not for Fortnite. Epic is a talented studio and to be honest I'll be glad when the Fortnite craze dies so they can move onto to better things

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Their store will need exclusives for years to come, Epic will want to bring their own rather than pay for others.

Epic literally canceld multiple games in development or released to just developer Fortnite and open their store. They are going to back to game development beyond fortnite now?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be cool to see Epic make another game. Hopefully not online focused. Unreal 3 maybe?

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Epic literally canceld multiple games in development or released to just developer Fortnite and open their store. They are going to back to game development beyond fortnite now?

The Fortnite hype won't last forever, they're future proofing themselves. Think of all those kids that don't have Steam, their only real gaming experience on PC is Fortnite/Minecraft, if Epic can use Fortnite to lock them into their store now, then in 10 years they'll be bigger than Steam, that's the logic of it I guess. Fortnite has given them the cash reserves to really brute force their way into a market that was pretty much locked out for any one else.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
The Fortnite hype won't last forever, they're future proofing themselves. Think of all those kids that don't have Steam, their only real gaming experience on PC is Fortnite/Minecraft, if Epic can use Fortnite to lock them into their store now, then in 10 years they'll be bigger than Steam, that's the logic of it I guess. Fortnite has given them the cash reserves to really brute force their way into a market that was pretty much locked out for any one else.

That still doesn't square with the idea that they canceld all their other game projects, its highly doubtful they would now start a new game from scratch, not when they are already dealing with Fortnite, maintaining their engine and running their store.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Had no idea he left Respawn. Interesting and also good for Respawn since they released two great games in recent years without him.

Oct 25, 2017
I play on consoles. I'm assuming an game Epic makes right now would also come to consoles?

So I'm cool with this. More games, the better!

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Had no idea he left Respawn. Interesting and also good for Respawn since they released two great games in recent years without him.
He left a few months before Titanfall 1 was even revealed at E3 2013.

Geoff Keighley's "Final Hours of Titanfall" is the most information we have on how that all unfolded, from his account, it wasn't pretty.

ZZT3? The hell you talking about lol

If I have to Google it and its some super nerdy ass game, Yo Tim guy, Keep it under a rock.
It's the nerdiest.

Frog Fractions 2 was ZZT3, anyway.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
That still doesn't square with the idea that they canceld all their other game projects, its highly doubtful they would now start a new game from scratch, not when they are already dealing with Fortnite, maintaining their engine and running their store.

Or they didn't feel the other games were ever going to be in a state to be profitable and worth investing. It was 2 projects and Paragon went through some big changes the fans weren't happy with if I remember right.

They could have an idea for a game that they feel will be a big hit with Jason for all we know.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Yea hopefully now Epic can start making their own games to entice people to the store instead of signing Exclusivity deals, and deciding who's game is worthy enough to be on EGS.

Zantagor

Jan 29, 2019
Montreal
That just show just how much they lack forward thinking in general, and that's why I don't see myself using their store much as that lack of forward thinking doesn't fill me with much confidence.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bring on a game out just like MW2, that's all people want. Forget about esports and just focus on making something fun