• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017

The report says they received that by June 30th and Control hadn't been released by then.

Control is also listed separately, so those 9.49M€ are completely for it.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

I said damn.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
That's less than I expected, honestly, but it's a good chunk of the total production budget. Good deal for Digital Bros (a company I had never heard of before) and 505.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OK... to be honest i would alos go with this kind of deal when they throw almost half of my budget at me.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Accounting for the cut storefronts get and such, that easily makes the loss of 200-300k copies sold "okay", as this sum covers just for that.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that includes sales from the first x number of units sold.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Well it looks like the game did not sell so great so Remedy were smart to take this offer.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Damn, how much did they pay for BL3 then? Hell, imagine if RDR2 ends up being exclusive.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, how much did they pay for BL3 then? Hell, imagine if RDR2 ends up being exclusive.

The sales expectations for Borderlands 3 had to be at least 5 times the numbers envisioned for Remedy's game. Of course different publisher so different deals in place, but it wouldn't be surprising to see a magnitude of 30-50m (or more) towards Borderlands, considering that's also a social game with long-term player interaction and pretty big streaming presence.

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess this is a dumb question but.. does this exclusivity prevent it from showing up on Microsofts gamepass(PC)? It should right? But The Outer Worlds has also been announced as an Epic Store-exclusive and that i know is heading to gamepass...

Jachaos

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that's a chunk that significantly reduces the risk, when 50% of your budget is given to you instantly in a lump sum..

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I wonder if that includes sales from the first x number of units sold.

Supposedly, these deals are a sales advances, meaning that remedy won't get any money from sold copies now until copies worth those 10 millions were sold on the platform.

The Epic Games Store as described by Sergey Galyonkin (SteamSpy Creator, Currently At Epic) (Update: Sergey Clarifying Points on Twitter)

Update: see threadmarks for details on Galyonkin's response or jump to post #507. I recently found out about a really interesting Russian-spoken podcast that Sergey Galyonkin co-hosts called "Как Делают Игры," or in English: "How Games Are Made." Galyonkin is currently the Director of...

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I guess this is a dumb question but.. does this exclusivity prevent it from showing up on Microsofts gamepass(PC)? It should right? But The Outer Worlds has also been announced as an Epic Store-exclusive and that i know is heading to gamepass...
different situations, MS acquired obsidian so they renegotiated with epic to also release the game on the windows store.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Control does well for Remedy. I finished it yesterday and it has one of the coolest sequences I've played in a game all year, if not this generation.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
How much Remedy put into game out of its budget and how much did 505?

People post like Remedy got 50% of their investment back with this ~4M from the deal, do we really know?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I hope this bodes well for Control. I really want to see that go on for a long time.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Any idea how many copies of the game were "given" out my Nvidia? Because that's how I got my copy.