• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
https://www.gameinformer.com/the-ga...als-first-slate-of-games-including-new-titles

• Ashen by A44 and Annapurna Interactive (now available)
  • Darksiders III by Gunfire Games and THQ Nordic (available Dec. 14)
  • Hades by Supergiant Games (now available)
  • Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek by tinyBuild (now available)
  • Genesis Alpha One by Radiation Blue and Team17 (coming soon)
  • Journey by thatgamecompany and Annapurna Interactive (coming soon)
  • Maneater by Tripwire Interactive (coming soon)
  • Outer Wilds by Mobius Digital and Annapurna Interactive (coming soon)
  • Pathless by Giant Squid Studios (coming soon)
  • Rebel Galaxy Outlaw by Double Damage Games (coming soon)
  • Satisfactory by Coffee Stain Studios (coming soon)
  • Subnautica by Unknown Worlds (available for free from Dec. 14 - Dec. 27)
  • Super Meat Boy by Team Meat (available for free from Dec. 28 - Jan. 10)
  • Super Meat Boy Forever by Team Meat (coming soon)
  • World War Z by Saber Interactive (coming soon)
Ashen, Satisfactory, Hades, Journey, The Pathless and Maneater are Epic exclusives (not available on other PC storefronts), couldn't find information about the others so don't know if exclusive or not for others. I didn't see a thread with the full lineup. Lock if old.

EDIT: Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is confirmed exclusive by the devs. It can eventually come to other platforms "but not for some time."

Last edited:

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Ashen, Satisfactory, Hades, Journey and Maneater are Epic exclusives (not available on other PC storefronts),

That's the best competition, locking indie titles on your platform fucking lol

I'm open for competition but not with locking content, i can understand games owned by Epic, but moneyhatting indie titles? Yikes.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Where have you seen Maneater is Epic Exclusive ? Because it has a Steam storepage (for now... Right Satisfactory ?)

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
Now, that after all these years I can finally play so many games on Linux thanks to Valve, this happens...GO TO HELL WITH THIS EXCLUSIVITY THINGS

And probably this wont stop with all the money Fortnite has to be giving them....

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Epic going the console route with exclusives. That sucks.

That's not competition. Not good one at least. The consumer is the one who gets the short end of the stick.

Oct 25, 2017
Can we get a "PC indie exlusives are fucking stupid" thread going?
We can, but we'll get some console gamers who never play on PC rushing in to tell us how 'competition is good' and how entitled we are to want a game on a platform that offers more features to us consumers.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the PC community rejects Epic's bullshit attempt to buy store presence.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'll just copy paste this here in case some people are thinking of drive-by posting.

"Gamestop just paid exclusivity rights to sell the PS4 on Amazon. It can't be sold anymore at Best Buy, Walmart and Amazon. Price is now 499 instead of 399 dollars. How's that anti-consumer ? You just need to literally browse a different website !"

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this'll kick steam in the butt so that they do more for their customers.

Deleted member 48991

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Kind of lacks interesting multiplayer games... I guess Epic already felt they had that covered with Fortnite.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If steam was as good as some of you think it was to Indies maybe they wouldn't be jumping to the first real competitor that came around.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I'll just copy paste this here in case some people are thinking of drive-by posting.

"Gamestop just paid exclusivity rights to sell the PS4 on Amazon. It can't be sold anymore at Best Buy, Walmart and Amazon. Price is now 499 instead of 399 dollars. How's that anti-consumer ? You just need to literally browse a different website !"
Wait so GameStop paid exclusive rights to sell on Amazon instead of GameStop

No wonder they bankrupt

Flash

Oct 27, 2017
Super glad indie games are exclusively partnering with Epic and their launcher. That 88% rev split and only parting ways with 12% for Unreal Engine, Distribution platform (sales, refunds and updates), specific marketing and overall upkeep is too much to pass up. Remember that using Unreal Engine is 5% of sales but if you also use the Epic launcher it's included in the 12%.

Once that rev split gets in the single digits IDK why any indie game would choose another platform to release on. Basically throwing money down the drain releasing it on Steam.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

Has this been the case for a game in above list? The price adjustment that is.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Super glad indie games are exclusively partnering with Epic and their launcher. That 88% rev split and only parting ways with 12% for Unreal Engine, Distribution platform (sales, refunds and updates), specific marketing and overall upkeep is too much to pass up. Remember that using Unreal Engine is 5% of sales but if you also use the Epic launcher it's included in the 12%.

Once that rev split gets in the single digits IDK why any indie game would choose another platform to release on. Basically throwing money down the drain releasing it on Steam.
Same reason they will release a game on PlayStation despite it having a worse rev split than Steam: number of users on the service.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I was somewhat interested in Ashen. I probably wasn't gonna play it, in all honesty, but when I heard it was coming out soon I was interested in at least trying it through Game Pass and Play Anywhere. Now I can't because Epic moneyhatted them, preventing the damn game from being Play Anywhere.

I am *not* happy.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

The hot take.
It's like Amazon having the right to sell Gravity Rush Remastered physical.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
No, because they are not. We should handle another app on our PC if indie devs want to make more money which they often deserve.
Well they won't make any money from me, at least not before Epic Game Store implements forums, a refund system and a million other Steam features.
Oh and when Epic stops sending me security emails about changing my password (which I didn't request) every day.

Yes they deserve money. No, making your product exclusive to one store is still fucking stupid.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Has this been the case for a game in above list? The price adjustment that is.
Yes, the fact that Epic Store doesn't support currencies and regional pricing for many regions unlike Steam means that most people will have to pay US$ to buy the games from there. That would make the games ~50% more pricey than it would on Steam.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope that Rebel Galaxy and Outer Wilds are not exclusives. I would be dissapointed if they were tied to a worse client then what I have today.

Edit: This sucks.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Nothing on there is enough to get me on another platform. And hopefully it stays that way.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Holyshit. The entire list screams quality. If Epic wants to foster an aura of smartly picking games that would be a big improvement over Steam but we'll have to see what they do for an entire year (personally I'm fine with 6 months) to see if they are smart about what they sell on their platform.

Nothing on there is enough to get me on another platform. And hopefully it stays that way.
You didn't sit through any presentations at E3 besides the console press conferences?

It's pretty sad if you come to this forum and don't know half the teams on that list.

Oct 31, 2017
Super glad indie games are exclusively partnering with Epic and their launcher.
Yay?

That 88% rev split and only parting ways with 12%
Remember that using Unreal Engine is 5% of sales but if you also use the Epic launcher it's included in the 12%.
Isn't it ironic that if Valve was going to be the first lowering their cut to this level, that would perceived as an unfair attempt to leverage a dominant position to undercut the competition and possibly put them in troubles with a lot of governments?

For the same reason they don't sell Coca-Cola only on the stores offering a better deal but try to put it on shelves every-fucking-where they can on the planet?

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

Tons of games seem to release exclusively on Steam. Many publishers don't even say 'releasing on PC' anymore...just 'releasing on Steam'. This exclusivity, borne out of Valve's near stranglehold on the PC gaming platform, has never really drawn the ire of forum users before.

Epic doesn't have the clout Steam has, so they really have no choice but to resort to this if they want to draw users to their platform. I can understand this.

Isn't it ironic that if Valve was going to be the first lowering their cut to this level, that would perceived as an unfair attempt to leverage a dominant position to undercut the competition and possibly put them in troubles with a lot of governments?

No, because they wouldn't be undercutting the competition since profits can still be had at a 12% split. The competition would have to follow suit.
There would be far less incentive for devs to consider moving to Epic Store if Valve's newly announced split cuts had focused on helping out indies vs massive AAA publishers.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Really hope that Rebel Galaxy and Outer Wilds are not exclusives. I would be disappointed if they were tied to a worse client then what I have today.

Edit: This sucks.

We are going to get it to as many people's hands as possible.
Currently, we're planning to release Outer Wilds on PC, Mac, and Linux through Steam next year. But our dream is to bring it to new platforms in as many languages as possible, and we need everyone's help to make that happen!

From Outer Wilds Fig crowdfunding page. Could be trouble if they try to back out.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Hm, I pay EURO in the store?
Exactly. Epic Store is US and EU oriented. Most other customers outside of both regions are basically fucked.

Tons of games seem to release exclusively on Steam. Many publishers don't even say 'releasing on PC' anymore...just 'releasing on Steam'. This exclusivity, borne out of Valve's near stranglehold on the PC gaming platform, has never really drawn the ire of forum users before.

Epic doesn't have the clout Steam has, so they really have no choice but to resort to this if they want to draw users to their platform. I can understand this.
I'm not 100% against Epic Store exclusivity. I only hope that they'd at least give the same support as Steam. If they offer currency of my region and ease of purchase, I'll gladly buy the games there. But that's not the case here.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Paid exclusivity is completely antithetical to the open nature of PC gaming and its culture of providing consumers with choices and options. Epic is going about establishing its presence in the PC digital download space in the absolute worst possible way for the standards and expectations of consumers on this platform.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017

I think this is fascinating from an experimental stand point to see how will a game can sell with epic store exclusivity. Thronebreaker didn't work as a "GOG" exclusive recently. The danger in going with epic store exclusivity is that if it doesn't work out a developer might have lost an audience by the time the game comes to steam.

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
With Fortnite anything's possible. Smart move to try and capitalize on that massive draw.

Oct 31, 2017
No, because they wouldn't be undercutting the competition since profits can still be had at a 12% split. The competition would have to follow suit.
That's what "undercutting" means. Are you mocking me? Acting dense on purpose or what?

If steam was as good as some of you think it was to Indies maybe they wouldn't be jumping to the first real competitor that came around.
If indies wanted to be noticed by being hand-picked for Steam, maybe we can just roll the clock a few years back, before they started bitching for months about how unfair it was that not everyone could enter the store.

I mean, I get why they think it's convenient now to be noticed as the first ones on the new service, but let's not bullshit people. I've been satying this for a while and I'm never going to forget that their current "discoverability problem" is a self-inflicted one.