• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
California
https://kotaku.com/epic-games-says-fortnites-new-breast-physics-were-unin-1829367900

Streamer FaZe Agony shared a short video of it on Twitter, which got passed around on social media as other fans noticed the change. Calamity's breasts don't budge during the default boogie dance; this one emote appears to be the only outlier.

An Epic Games spokesperson for Epic Games called the new breast physics were a mistake. "This is unintended, embarrassing, and it was careless for us to let this ship," they said. "We are working now to fix this as soon as possible."

When asked how something this seemingly elaborate gets unintentionally programmed into a massive update for the most popular game in the world, the spokesperson did not elaborate further.
Jiggle me to death if old.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
something tells me one of the animators was fucking around and forgot to remove it

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
This is like the tamest boob jiggling I've ever seen, but they probably want to get ahead of any potential negative story. Still, the self flagellation is a bit much.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is like the tamest boob jiggling I've ever seen, but they probably want to get ahead of any potential negative story. Still, the self flagellation is a bit much.

Given how popular the game is with children and how pearl-clutching western society still is about sexuality, they probably would have seen an outrage about it.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was going to be Team Ninja physics or something. Looks okay? It's actually almost accurate if she wasn't wearing a bra.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
Is it better to have jiggling boobs or boobs that are just bolted on and locked into place??

I guess the cartoon aesthetic lends itself to the stationary boobs.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Please patch out these jiggle physics so that my child can get back to murdering their friends with assault rifles and chugging unknown substances to stay alive.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Dick physics are the true next gen graphical advancement we need.

"Mount Your Friends" is truly ahead of its time.

Xl4TZ2B.gif

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean good on them for trying to fight against over sexualization I guess?

Honestly the way they're beating themselves over it is just as embarrassing than if they were to defend it. Just say whoops something screwed up and made this goofy side effect happen and we'll patch it. There you can address it and not act like over dramatic twats over accidentally having boob physics.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I mean it looks plausible when she's prancing about.... Probably wouldn't have the same amount of movement after she stops moving, but yes make them static objects for the kids.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Please patch out these jiggle physics so that my child can get back to murdering their friends with assault rifles and chugging unknown substances to stay alive.

The way they're beating themselves up about it is ridiculous. It's actually somewhat realistic and doesn't seem like it was put in there for shock value.

I really don't think it would have been a problem if they kept it in.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It looks kinda broken in a way that doesn't seem like it was intentionally put in. But maybe I'm wrong.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
God forbid a breast from bouncing. Now make them look like bags of sand and add a new headshot animation to compensate. Muricaaaaaa!

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
For what it's worth, as fucking dumb of an oversight as that is, I'd say it's a relatively realistic boob jiggle for a woman not wearing a bra. It's atleast not DOA bad or anything.

That said... yeah, that's pretty woefully unnecessary and should probably get patched out

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Almost as breasts obey laws of physics and do jiggle if you bounce... almost.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Unless her boobs are in a metal bra, i don't see how they wouldn't bounce a little when she's performing that emote.

Oct 26, 2017
Fortnite is the biggest game ever made, they don't want to rock the boat at all, guys.

Fortnite is a very corporate game... And that's fine.

Deleted member 6733

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This.

There's nothing wrong with this jiggle. But it's their game I guess. If the don't want jiggle, no jiggle.

The pedant in me thinks this was probably a publicity stunt. Maybe.

Orio

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have much of a problem with boob physics in general (so long as they're not flapping in the wind), and I don't think this is something they have to apologize for, but it would be weird if they added them in at this late date. I wouldn't have complaints about it if they did, would just think it's strange to go out of their way to add in a game that's over a year old. Would prefer better hair physics to be honest.

Iadien

Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand how anyone can be against boobs in a game where you're also killing shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.