• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I highly recommend hades for $10 (after coupon). One of the best games I've played this year. It's still in "early access" but it feels like a complete game.

I picked up griftlands for $5 (after coupon).

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Even though I really dislike Epic's practices overall, this is the type of sale I can get behind. Might grab 2 or 3 indie titles (can't really blame them for taking the EGS cash grab), although I still refuse to buy any AAA game on the EGS.

Edit: Got Untitled Goose Game and Afterparty so far. Not sure what else I will get if anything. Might save a $10 coupon for Outer Wilds if it ever goes on sale before the coupon expires.

Last edited:

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
I'll throw down my vote and recommend for Operencia. It's a fantastic first person dungeon crawling RPG, lasted me nearly 30 hours. It also qualifies for the $10 off, so you can pick it up for $5 USD. Well worth the money.
Thanks for the recommendation. Haven't played a Wizardry like title in a while and I wasn't aware of this one at all. At that price I'll give it a try.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Look up "orange man bad"

Yup, clearly using the word bad is trying to use an alt right meme. No one has ever used bad apart from the alt right and it's not like EGS has been getting tons of hate.

Keep looking and see if you can spot the other hundred alt right subliminal messages users are hiding in this thread.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
If i buy Heavy Rain or Beyond: TS, which are around 8€ each with the coupon will i get another 10€ coupon?

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Yup, clearly using the word bad is trying to use an alt right meme. No one has ever used bad apart from the alt right and it's not like EGS has been getting tons of hate.

Keep looking and see if you can spot the other hundred alt right subliminal messages users are hiding in this thread.

"Thing bad" is indeed an alt-right meme originating with "Orange man bad". It's a way of writing which is meant to frame criticism of Trump as people just following a baseless dogmatic belief that the president and everything he does is bad. It suggests the person saying disparaging remarks about the president would have a negative opinion no matter what and regardless of content. So any argument they make can be boiled down to this vague, child-like, grammatically incorrect statement. If you see somebody say something disparaging about the president no matter how obviously backed up by reality it is, you may see chuds respond "Orange man bad" as a signal that they believe the person they are responding to is irrationally negative. It's slightly obfuscated gas lighting.

This of course extends to other uses as well. So if you have somebody who has thought about what the phrase means beyond just a repeatable meme, the statement in the OP could be seen as a dismissal of people's grievances using the same mechanism popular with the alt-right. I think it's fair to say most people don't think too deeply about every word they type, so the OP is almost certainly just using a popular meme instead of actively attempting to load the thread with the baggage it entails. However, denying that it's a popular right wing tool kind of falls into the same wing as folks who still deny that the "Ok" gesture can be used as a hate symbol. But like that symbol, careful application of context is necessary to understand how a person is using the statement. This fact is of course the entire point.

Edit: For the reason of adding non-drama related content to the thread as well, Manifold Garden for under 10 dollars with the coupon is definitely the most tempting product on sale at the moment.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
If i buy Heavy Rain or Beyond: TS, which are around 8€ each with the coupon will i get another 10€ coupon?

Anything that qualifies for the coupon means you get another coupon. If the game doesn't qualify on its own it won't qualify for another

It's only the pre-coupon price that matters

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, their reply to me was totally innocent and not snide at all, guess it's just a coincidence.

You accused them of being alt right and trying to sneak in alt right messages into their posts here. And you accused them of that based on nothing. Now you're doubling down again based on nothing.

Their reply to you was far nicer than you deserved.

OP
OP
Burt

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, their reply to me was totally innocent and not snide at all, guess it's just a coincidence.
I'm sorry

giphy.gif

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
coupons are a good idea, I assume this is basically the $10 off sale from before except in a way which doesnt fuck up the devs' pricing? might buy my first egs game.

(also wow never saw that that mod ended up requesting ban and leaving, the way this forum handles (and moderates!) egs discussion is the worst)

Success

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question if anybody can help.

Does anybody know if Assassins Creed Odyssey on the Epic Games store is activated via Uplay? I have my save of the game on Uplay and I am wondering if the game is played via Uplay or not if bought from Epic Games Store.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
This is basically a better implementation of the discount they did earlier this year.
Also it's not applicable on pre orders...so doesn't devalues the game's perceived price before launch.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Is the RDR2 special edition content worth the extra 10 bucks?

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
What's your explanation for the (potentially illegal) pricing shenanigans from the last sale?

The horse shit is that poster's (and the developer's) assertion that they "lose money" participating in this sale (it was a nested quote, you would have had to follow the quote chain for the real context). Their logic is very seriously flawed, bordering on paranoid and delusional. Very, very, very few people will put in the time, effort, and know-how to research all time lows, and even fewer will wait out another all time low. The idea that someone's going to wait until next Christmas to maybe take advantage of another coupon and Christmas sale stack that may or may not even happen is hilariously stupid.

Last edited:

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I'll throw down my vote and recommend for Operencia. It's a fantastic first person dungeon crawling RPG, lasted me nearly 30 hours. It also qualifies for the $10 off, so you can pick it up for $5 USD. Well worth the money.

What the actual fuck!? How have I not seen this yet??

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno what happened, but I went through the check out to get AC Odyssey Gold Edition, the $10 coupon discount was applied at checkout for a final amount of $24.99 USD instead of $34.99 USD. Checked my credit card and my receipt, and I was charged $34.99.

Sent a ticket in for either them to fix the discount or refund my money.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't like it as much, but its still definitely worth $10.

I thought it was ok as well. Nothing ground breaking. I do love Control and Jedi Fallen Order if anyone is on the fence about them.

Any feedback on MW5? Does it have the old school big mech feel of earlier MW titles?

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I answered yes because if anyone asks you if someone is a nazi always say yes and apologize later if they are not.
I apologize.

Anyway sales are good, time exclusivities are not or so i think.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
ok I'm trying to add the ability to pay with my PayPal balance on the EGS but the only option it's giving me is to pay with the CC I have linked. how do I pay with the PP balance?

EDIT: nvm. looks like to they don't accept PP balance

Last edited:

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Grabbed Outer Wilds and Wattam! with those coupons. Might grab a few more things, not sure yet. I like this sale, it's a nice deal.

OP
OP
Burt

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I answered yes because if anyone asks you if someone is a nazi always say yes and apologize later if they are not.
I apologize.

Anyway sales are good, time exclusivities are not or so i think.
giphy.gif

credit to Lashley
Any feedback on MW5? Does it have the old school big mech feel of earlier MW titles?
I've been lurking the thread and watching a lot of streams, people seem extremely enthusiastic about the combat and actual gameplay, and equally meh about all the stuff that isn't combat and the actual gameplay. Not "bad", just "meh". What I've seen more than anything is the notion that a few patches, DLCs, and mods down the line'll make it the definitive Mechwarrior game.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
The horse shit is that poster's (and the developer's) assertion that they "lose money" participating in this sale (it was a nested quote, you would have had to follow the quote chain for the real context). Their logic is very seriously flawed, bordering on paranoid and delusional. Very, very, very few people will put in the time, effort, and know-how to research all time lows, and even fewer will wait out another all time low. The idea that someone's going to wait until next Christmas to maybe take advantage of another coupon and Christmas sale stack that may or may not even happen is hilariously stupid.
A great number of people do indeed track prices of games over time. There's many popular websites and browser extensions and all sorts for doing exactly this.

Also, do you not remember this incident https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...-warning-if-they-did-up-price-reduced.117400/

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Mmm, Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw is calling my name!

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Epic, while I generally dislike your business practices, if you keep getting exclusives in ways that show your value and integrity, such as with Heavy Rain, Tetris Effect, and Detroit: Beyond Human, then I am ok with supporting you. Just made my first three purchases on your store due to your ridiculous deals. P.S. Thanks for buying Quixel, that was amazing.