• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Hmm, 8€ for Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is pretty nice ... But it looks very different from the original? Gonna have to mull it over for a bit.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
What's with the mispriced games? Outer Wilds claimed to be 11 bucks, then I clicked to buy and it was 25 minus the 10 coupon so 15. Same stuff with Phoenix Point. They store page is 10 to 20 below the price when you try to buy them. And I just somehow bought Thimbleweed Park for $10 despite it saying it's $5.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
What's with the mispriced games? Outer Wilds claimed to be 11 bucks, then I clicked to buy and it was 25 minus the 10 coupon so 15. Same stuff with Phoenix Point. They store page is 10 to 20 below the price when you try to buy them. And I just somehow bought Thimbleweed Park for $10 despite it saying it's $5.

At least using the mobile site. Those two games show as $24.99 (no pre-discount) for Outer Wilds and $39.99 (no pre-discount) for Phoenix Point. Meaning $14.99 and $29.99 for those with coupon. Also Thimbleweed Park shows as $10 (with pre-discount) meaning the coupon isn't valid.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
At least using the mobile site. Those two games show as $25 (no pre-discount) for Outer Wilds and $39.99 (no pre-discount) for Phoenix Point. Also Thiumbleweed Park shows as $10 (with discount) meaning the coupon isn't valid

Ha, looks like the running standalone app didn't update itself. At least I can see all the price differences pre-coupon as a point of comparison.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Played John Wick Hex for 3.5 hours last night. It's a bit rough around the edges but really fun, definitely recommend especially this cheap.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Tetris Effect for $19.99? Fuck yes.

If I use the 50% off code from the John Wick blu-ray towards Hex, would that apply along with the $10 coupon, or replace it?

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is vampyr any good?

went and got world war z for 5 bucks and crossplay is coming to it early next year.

OP
OP
Burt

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Is vampyr any good?

went and got world war z for 5 bucks and crossplay is coming to it early next year.
You can get it on Origin Premier for $5 if you're up with that, along with Fallen Order, Darksiders 3, PvZ Neighborville, BF5, and so on and so forth. Point being, if it's not your cup of tea, you'll at least have a bunch of other stuff to fall back on

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
How's Ancestors? Kind of curious for $10.

Bought that too. I played it a buddy's place and it's different. Huge learning curve with little payoff but it's fun if you can make it fun. Definitely something to experience though and it's made by Patrice Desilets (Prince of Persia (2003), Assassin's Creed, AC2, AC Brotherhood)

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Picked up Tetris Effect for the third time. They started officially charging tax with this sale, too, huh?

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I know this thread is already full of "Is _________ any good?" posts, but.... Is Metro Exodus any good? Seems like it reviewed well at release then kinda fell off the map a bit.

Jun 2, 2019
Didn't expect to buy anything this Xmas sales, but AssCreed Odyssey for 14 € is too good to ignore.

Now, what do i do with the second coupon?

May 30, 2018
what happens if they give away a game we bought with a coupon? can we get a refund? or are they only giving away new games? didn't even think about that before buying wattam, division 2, manifold garden, and superliminal.

Woodbeam

May 6, 2019
User warned: off-topic derailing over a series of posts
Hint: it's also because OP was dickish about an issue so contentious that it drove a large portion of a particular community into creating a splinter forum. That they did it using an alt right meme was just the cherry on top. That's the last I'll say.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
guys, can I launch Epic games through Steam? I may get Tetris Effect if Steam Link is an option...

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I have game pass, but I think I'm gonna double dip and get Outer Wilds on PC, since I don't know if the Bone version is too hot

rouken

Oct 27, 2017
Philippines
Screenshot-20191220-063453-01.jpg

should i bite?

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Is Control better with a pad or mouse/keyboard?
Control rewards precision, so if you're comfortable with KBAM, I'd suggest sticking with that. Otherwise I'm sure it's perfectly serviceable as a TPS using a gamepad

What's it like without all those spiffy RT effects though? I don't think my "ordinary" 1070 would do it justice.
While I'm sure it looks EVEN BETTER with RT On, The game is great looking in its own right just with the normal graphical effects. Assuming you're running at 1080p, that 1070 should run Control no problem with Medium/High settings. And it will still look stellar.

Deleted member 62100

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 12, 2019
I know this thread is already full of "Is _________ any good?" posts, but.... Is Metro Exodus any good? Seems like it reviewed well at release then kinda fell off the map a bit.

I played it on console, it's alright. Just don't stress too much about hoarding items and crafting materials. IIRC the game is split up into seasons and has this asinine, barely explained mechanic in where at the start of a season your train either "uses up" most of your items or resets your inventory to a set amount (I'm not sure exactly which is the case). Meaning there's almost no point to scavenging the open-world (outside of weapon parts, but they're honestly everywhere) or being conservative with items unless you're playing the game very poorly. And it's not a hard game. I would even say the open-world aspect was clearly tacked on and the game probably would've been better without it.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I double dipped on Tetris Effect now that I have a Rift-S. Now I can play the game without spending 20min hooking up PSVR shit.

Dec 14, 2019
Epic is really trying with this store. It's just so sad that they can't get basic features up and running. The entire store client feels terrible to use.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Funny enough, i was actually planning on buying it today and just happened to get it during the sale. And yeah, game's super fun! Came out just when I had started to dip my toes into Battletech lore.

If you want, they also released a free novella series to accompany the game: https://mw5mercs.com/novellas

If you just want to be introduced to the basics of the lore, then this is also a good primer: https://bg.battletech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/BattleTechPrimer_Final.pdf

And check out the Battletech game if you're into turnbased games like X-Com as well: https://store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BATTLETECH/ - the Mercenary pack is excellent

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Holding off on anything not a brand new AAA game in case there's some crazy giveaway on Christmas or something.

Oct 25, 2017
New York
This is a pretty good sale. Picking up Journey ($5), Tetris Effect ($20), Rebel Galaxy Outlaw ($12.50) & Beyond Two Souls ($8). [prices after coupon in NA]

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
If you want, they also released a free novella series to accompany the game: https://mw5mercs.com/novellas

If you just want to be introduced to the basics of the lore, then this is also a good primer: https://bg.battletech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/BattleTechPrimer_Final.pdf

And check out the Battletech game if you're into turnbased games like X-Com as well: https://store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BATTLETECH/ - the Mercenary pack is excellent

I actually just got BattleTech too. And I've been watching the BlackPantsLegion lore videos. Currently they have up a two parter on the rise and fall of star league, and the next big subject will be the first Succession War.

I will check out those novellas!