• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands 3 is 30$ here for me in Brazil. The price only changes at checkout in my currency (R$), but on the store it already shows the lesser price in dollars.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
No regional pricing for me for BL3 ($60)

All the recent exclusives actually have no regional pricing ,Control, Anno1800, Division 2, they're all full on $60

Indies seem to be doing it (Closer to the Sun is $10)

maty

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Bordelands 3 $45 in Argentina, $15 more expensive than MK11 and $30 more expensive than Bloodlines 2 on Steam if compared to other AAA.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
As someone said in this thread Super shout outs to Indies on the epic store. Steam doesn't offer regional pricing in the Caribbean so it's really nice seeing Indies taking advantage of it on EGS Operencia a brand new title is $9.

Big publishers couldn't care less about us.

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands 3 is $44 for me, about the same as other AAA games like The Division 2, Anno, and Metro.
that's what's so weird, especially when...
All the recent exclusives actually have no regional pricing ,Control, Anno1800, Division 2, they're all full on $60

Indies seem to be doing it (Closer to the Sun is $10)
That's amazing value for a AAA day 1. What country you in?

Metro was $20 USD on release here in the Caribbean. None of the others have come close to that though (Indies aside)

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I should mention this, if you guys want to buy from cheaper region and somehow manage to get hold of a card/payment option from that region then be warned that your Epic account will LOCK to that region after the first purchase. And the only way to change it would be to request a regional change from Epic themselves, which I have no doubts they'll do for you but you won't be able to keep doing it consistently as your account will likely get flagged if you do.

Though there's no reason to change your region anyway if you keep using it for cheaper purchase as you don't really lose out on anything.

It auto detects your location.
You can actually change the region from Epic's own website, don't even need a VPN. So long as you haven't made a purchase yet. Once you do it the region will be locked to whatever region you made your first purchase from.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the regional pricing issue for Control is fixed , it now shows $28 for me

Control.JPG

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I've had some prices actually go UP over time.

Gorgoa was $8, now its $15 (matching the Steam price I had)

a lot of prices seem to have adjusted to either be the same as Steam, or 10% cheaper (initially i was seeing 30-50% differences for my region)

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Yep, Control is now 28$ for me in Pakistan as well. Still not as good as the regional pricing of 505 Games on Steam, but still a hell of a lot better than a flat 60.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
ya control is very cheap, 15 dollars? lol, must be something very wrong with the game...thats the only game i am getting a good price on. 60 bucks for division 2 on sale, stadard edition, while i can get for 30 gold edition on uplay. no other game has a good price or better than steam's regional. oh well, will wait for Bloodborne PC, i know tim can get it for me.

LMFAO, 50 bucks fdor far cry primal! LMFAO

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
It might be that Ubisoft removed regional pricing in regions that are not supported by Uplay? Considering how they are focusing on removing many avenue of "cheaper games", it could fit onto that tactic by Ubisoft.

That is the only thing that would make sense if that is the only game.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
It might be that Ubisoft removed regional pricing in regions that are not supported by Uplay? Considering how they are focusing on removing many avenue of "cheaper games", it could fit onto that tactic by Ubisoft.

That is the only thing that would make sense if that is the only game.

Division 2 is still $60 so i dunno

Waiting for the savings to be passed on Mr. Sweeney

annnnytime now

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I'm done. Just sent a request to delete my Epic account.

I am never going to get behind anything this store does at this point.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
And yet in Australia we are still enjoying that regional pricing but in USD. So good. Thanks Epic, you guys are great competition.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
The Ubisoft randomness continues with Ghost Recon: Breakpoint at $52.99.
Don't think it is all that random tbh. This is the price control that all big publishers are hoping to enact by reducing the available stores you can by games on and slowing squeeze out the practice of excessive discounts or trying to give low income regions better pricing.

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think it is all that random tbh. This is the price control that all big publishers are hoping to enact by reducing the available stores you can by games on and slowing squeeze out the practice of excessive discounts or trying to give low income regions better pricing.

What I mean by random:

The Division 2: $59.99
Anno 1800: $62.35
Ghost Recon: Breakpoint: $52.99

These are 3 new/upcoming '$60' games, all here at different prices with no rhyme or reason.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
What I mean by random:

The Division 2: $59.99
Anno 1800: $62.35
Ghost Recon: Breakpoint: $52.99

These are 3 new/upcoming '$60' games, all here at different prices with no rhyme or reason.
Yeah thats weird. Anno being higher than all the rest when Ubi probably want ppl to buy on their store rather than on Steam when it was still up on there seems strange.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint is now officially most expensive game on EGS in RU region (2999 rubles), crazy.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
some of these prices in here are amazing....Im sitting here with fuckin $60USD staring at me in the face instead.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
I got a £4 refund from Epic today, apparently for a purchase I made on the EGS in December. The only game I bought on EGS was Ashen - has anyone else had something like this happen? I can't figure out what it's for.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
I got a £4 refund from Epic today, apparently for a purchase I made on the EGS in December. The only game I bought on EGS was Ashen - has anyone else had something like this happen? I can't figure out what it's for.
Yes they added regional pricing to their store allowing publishers to price their game's differently for markets at the time were unsupported.
If you paid more than your region should they rebated you.

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft is playing this perfectly , Rather than abandoning any third party store completely and going uplay exclusive directly , They do this in an unofficial way by indirectly making the customers prefer the Uplay version over the EGS one ( even in prices ) plus getting whatever money Epic throws at them as a bonus if there are ones , Dont know how Epic is satisfied by this , but I guess they just want to brag that " We have Ubi games in our stores exclusively outside Uplay "