• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
EGS now supports China, along with reasonable regional pricing and two most common payment methods in China.

This is kinda big, and epic actually gave a shitty none excuse as to why they wouldn't support China.

TheGift

Oct 28, 2017
Central California
So not only do that add regional pricing, they refund everyone that paid too much before they added it, and they also support more locations than steam. Good work Epic.

Oct 27, 2017
If I buy a game from the EGS in a certain country, can I continue to use it in an other country ? I'm asking as someone who's staying a lot between two countries. Thanks !

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
So not only do that add regional pricing, they refund everyone that paid too much before they added it, and they also support more locations than steam. Good work Epic.

You can't compare Epic regional support with Steam one. Epic only lowers the price but it is in US dollars. Steam does whole package (currency, adjusted price, payment methods).

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
You can't compare Epic regional support with Steam one. Epic only lowers the price but it is in US dollars. Steam does whole package (currency, adjusted price, payment methods).
Actually I can compare both regional support as one recognizes my region and the other doesn't. Vtm:b2 on Egs is $30 and $60 on steam. There is no way in hell steam will ever recognize JMD as a currency so that "whole package" stuff for me is just an excuse as to why they ignore us.

Oct 25, 2017

Actually I can compare both regional support as one recognizes my region and the other doesn't. Vtm:b2 on Egs is $30 and $60 on steam. There is no way in hell steam will ever recognize JMD as a currency so that "whole package" stuff for me is just an excuse as to why they ignore us.

Same for me too , a reduced price in dollars is better than $60

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Well, in my case a reduced price is better since our currency is the USD. I think that is why Valve refuses to add regional pricing to Panama, despite our income is way lower compared to the US.

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Well this Epic Games Sale is certainly interesting:

World War Z - $8.99
Control pre-purchase - $13.99
Metro Exodus - $9.99

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Still no regional pricing in Norway. The euro is fucking high.
Indeed. Should use local currency and new games should cost 499 NOK. The 60 Eur now is the equivalent of ~585 NOK.

That way they'd be consistently cheaper than Steam, which sell games at 499, 549 and 599 NOK depending on publisher.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
$ 35 here for Metro Exodus, in a country with three times lower average salary than Germany. So where the hell do you guys live? Mars?

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
I'm really confused, I didn't think there were 230 countries in existence. I didn't think that there were even 200.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
Motherfucking Ashen dropped in price yo.

Waiting to get paid... I already got Control.
What's left is borderlands 3 Ashen and Hades.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
lol, Darksiders 3 and Metro: Exodus no longer have regional pricing for me. 60$ and 58$ respectively now.

I wonder if this is just for the duration of the sale? Either way, it costs more with the discount than it used to without it.

EDIT: Ashen's now 40$ too, it used to be 20-something.

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
lol, Darksiders 3 and Metro: Exodus no longer have regional pricing for me. 60$ and 58$ respectively now.

I wonder if this is just for the duration of the sale? Either way, it costs more with the discount than it used to without it.

EDIT: Ashen's now 40$ too, it used to be 20-something.
That's bullshit honestly. Tweet to galyonkin about it.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to implement a lock in price changes during sales to preven that illegal behaviour.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
You're welcome, I fixed it myself

You now owe me 300 dollars
qnk5KEw.png

Oct 27, 2017
So the Epic Games Store doesn't want my money (Morocco):
- I try to buy a game with my first local credit card, refused. Fair enough I've never tried buying anything with it on the internet.
- I try it with another card, doesn't work (it works with every other internet retailer).
- I try it with my Revolut card, money is taken and I get a "whoops there was a problem don't worry we'll refund you quick".

This is bullshit.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
So the Epic Games Store doesn't want my money (Morocco):
- I try to buy a game with my first local credit card, refused. Fair enough I've never tried buying anything with it on the internet.
- I try it with another card, doesn't work (it works with every other internet retailer).
- I try it with my Revolut card, money is taken and I get a "whoops there was a problem don't worry we'll refund you quick".

This is bullshit.

Does EGS even support Moroccan dirham?