• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Epic Games Store changes its refund policy to match Steam's, adds local pricing (on some countries)

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Trolling and baiting other users
guess there's no more reason to complain now ? good job done here

Oct 25, 2017
guess there's no more reason to complain now ? good job done here
There's still plenty of reasons to complain about Epic's lack of features. This is just a step in the right direction instead of paying off developers NOT to put their games on other marketplaces besides theirs.

NoblesseOblige

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Except it does?
Or am i completely misunderstanding what self-service means in this context?
Last time I refunded a game (in November) I had to file a ticket and wait for their slow ass support to get to it. If there is a self-service refund then I am ignorant to it.

Oct 28, 2017
Last time I refunded a game (in November) I had to file a ticket and wait for their slow ass support to get to it. If there is a self-service refund then I am ignorant to it.
You did it wrong, unless by filling a ticket, you mean using the refund process, and by slow ass you mean less than 1 hour.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure they did say they were going to add new features/improvements in 2019, so they started sooner than expected.
Not entirely sure why people expected a store to be as good as it was ever going to be right at launch, but it's nice they implemented fan suggested features quickly. Imagine they'll keep at it as they keep pushing the storefront

Oct 25, 2017
Stop the exclusivity moneyhatting and you're actually going in the right direction of what competition should be Epic.

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if people will keep accusing Epic of moneyhatting whenever a developer opts to release their title on their store instead of Steam...

Hektor

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Then you're doing it wrong.
You need to go to https://help.steampowered.com/ click on a recent purchase and simply push the buttons for "i want to request a refund", then you get a confirmation within 2 to 3 hours.

I wonder if people will keep accusing Epic of moneyhatting whenever a developer opts to release their title on their store instead of Steam...
It's not an accusation if it's a fact.

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Didn't expect that so soon. I'm a little surprised, almost a bit impressed, to be honest. Good effort.
Yeah.. but does each game have its own unmoderated Forum?
I really do like Steam, but I think that's not a major aspect of Steam, especially with so many forums (and reddit) out there.

NoblesseOblige

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You did it wrong, unless by filling a ticket, you mean using the refund process, and by slow ass you mean less than 1 hour.
definitely not an hour

(I requested refund immediately after purchase because the store had advertised an inaccurate price)

Oct 25, 2017
Well that is enough for me to consider purchasing on the Epic Games Store. I still won’t purchase any exclusives on the platform. I doubt it will have any affect on whether they will continue to do pay for exclusives or not but I just can’t support that practice on the PC platform.