• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
How big is a 'region'?. Our average monthly salary is like 700€ and since we're in the EU we're considered on par with everyone in it.

EDIT: I guess I'm fucked since there seem to be laws for price discrimination which is bullshit.

Last edited:

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep as I said. Competition works both ways; for epic to be viable they'll need to
improve. This right here is competition in action. Need to keep on this track Epic.

Jan 15, 2018
wtf. here's how it is:
Huzm7tR.jpg

Man, it's 31.99 in Argentina, what a bummer.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Steam, for providing healthy competition to the Epic Store.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Will just get better and better. Epic continuing to drink that milkshake. lol. Competition is a good thing.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
All right looks like they're going for it. Steam's refund system is one of the best things about it, to me. And we know that's for people in some regions, the regional pricing is the most important thing. So the priorities are in line.

Lol at trying to act like the job is done, though. Steam still offers a slew of other benefits.

Like I have no idea this is joking or not vvv
guess there's no more reason to complain now ? good job done here

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Epic Store is 1 step closer to being as good as Steam.

Eventually, maybe games will exist on that platform on its own merits instead of being moneyhatted for exclusivity. That'll be the day.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Was sure it was going to happen, we should give them a bit of time before judging the store.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so you're saying they're actually going to update the store and its policies and it won't permanently be in its day one state?

dPcZQU4.png

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Was sure it was going to happen, we should give them a bit of time before judging the store.

No, we should always judge on what it is today, not what it might be. They're not a small company with resources or experience.

If it's good for the developers, and the store front keeps improving to be as good for the consumers, then I don't seem too much of an issue.

Moneyhatting is not good for the customer, which is our role.

Micael

Oct 28, 2017
definitely not an hour

04stOfq.png

(I requested refund immediately after purchase because the store had advertised an inaccurate price)

Then you did it wrong, you likely filled a ticket asking for a refund instead of going through the refund system, in which case yeah it is going to take longer since it needs to go to the support staff to manually handle the process, in about 50 refunds I don't remember that ever happening to me, or anyone that I have known https://imgur.com/kuohZbq as you can see you get the refund basically the same day that you ask for it, gmail doesn't show the hours without opening but it is pretty fast, although will admit haven't bought anything without using steam wallet funds for years now, so a visa purchase might be slower on the actual refund process, but never on its approval.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
This is good. I still don't like the exclusive deals they are making and won't buy any of those games on Epic's store. I hope they can continue to improve and actually compete with Valve instead of just throwing money at the problem.

Oct 25, 2017
Moneyhatting is not good for the customer, which is our role.
I am a customer not a developer, moneyhatting is not good for me and the store right now offers nothing.
I said that it's good for the developer.
Once the store adds a few more features, all the customer needs to do is spend a few minutes installing a new launcher. It's not like they need to spend money to buy new hardware.

Oct 31, 2017
Good on then. So what are people's complaints going to be with Epic store next?
Oh, right. I know how this game works.

They will SLOWLY add features over time that will barely make the client look half competent in comparison to some alternatives, but people will get so used to the status quo that even that will be enough to be showered in praises and we will be asked to lower our standards, settle for that and like the store for no particular reason.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
If it's good for the developers, and the store front keeps improving to be as good for the consumers, then I don't seem too much of an issue.

Good for the developers AND consumers will be to have their games available wherever they can publish: Steam, Epic, GOG, Discord, Origin, etc. Let the people decide where they want to buy their games and if people decide to buy on Epic (or Discord better since it offers 90% profit) more than anywhere else then it'll be because the market dictate it as so.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
well i'm glad steam is around to be the *competition* in this instance

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand the complaints about Epic Game Store exclusivity, Valve doesn't release their games on other storefronts.

Oct 25, 2017
Good for the developers AND consumers will be to have their games available wherever they can publish: Steam, Epic, GOG, Discord, Origin, etc. Let the people decide where they want to buy their games and if people decide to buy on Epic (or Discord better since it offers 90% profit) more than anywhere else than that's a good thing.
The developers aren't forced to take these deals. They want to.
An industry that's better for developers will eventually be better for consumers as well
Good on Valve for forcing this move on them through competition.
It only took them 5 years as well. At this rate it should be feature complete next millennium.
The storefront is a month and a week old.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
The only good thing about epic game store is that it'll make steam better

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand the complaints about Epic Game Store exclusivity, Valve doesn't release their games on other storefronts.
These aren't Epic games. They are indie games which WERE coming to Steam and now aren't for another year because (at least some of them) were paid for by Epic.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Good for the developers AND consumers will be to have their games available wherever they can publish: Steam, Epic, GOG, Discord, Origin, etc. Let the people decide where they want to buy their games and if people decide to buy on Epic (or Discord better since it offers 90% profit) more than anywhere else then it'll be because the market dictate it as so.

Or the developers decide since it is their product and they know more about their market?

Iadien

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I'm glad they implemented these changes so quickly. I don't see how Epic can compete with Steam without paying for exclusives though. Many of us have been using Steam for a decade at this point, or even longer.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

This is not only factually incorrect, valve has no history of moneyhatting developers, which is the issue people are having. Nobody complains about Fortnite being Epic exclusive.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018

But they did.

To clarify, Half Life, Portal and L4D were all available at one point on Uplay, Origin and GMG, they were also released on Xbox and PS3.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I said that it's good for the developer.
Once the store adds a few more features, all the customer needs to do is spend a few minutes installing a new launcher. It's not like they need to spend money to buy new hardware.

"All the customer needs to do is spend a few minutes installing a new launcher"
perspectivesv6e5w.png

unknown.png

Please, you're not a user. You're not affected. So don't come telling us how it is.

Deleted member 300

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The developers aren't forced to take these deals. They want to.
An industry that's better for developers will eventually be better for consumers as well

The storefront is a month and a week old.

an industry better for developers is things like not having a crunch time.

locking your game to a application thats barely up and running with basic features and the publisher just throwing wads of cash at them isnt better for any industry. its why exclusive deals on content for games etc or pre order exclusives people absolutely detest, because its by far and wide anti consumer. and especially indie devs who surely want their games experienced by as many as possible not as a few as possible

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I always appreciate regional pricing.

Not really the thread to discuss whether having more storefronts is better or not, but I kind of see them as bookmarks. I like my old PC games through the GOG client, my Ubi stuff from Uplay, the free stuff I've accumulated from EA through Origin (I've yet to spend any money on there), and everything else on Steam. Ideally I'd buy everything from GOG, though :x

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Nice, I'm glad they implemented these changes so quickly. I don't see how Epic can compete with Steam without paying for exclusives though.

What about offering better prices, services and features to consumers than Steam does ? So far they aren't doing any of this. On the contrary, it is thanks to Steam that Epic improved their refunds.