• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Something like Control would have a whole week dedicated to itself, making it worth the publisher's time as they rack up sales from people downloading it free at Epics expense, like GTA, and Borderlands Handsome Jack Collection.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
So hold on, they gave me a (all prices in Canadian dollars) $14 coupon for free, and any time I buy a game that's $20.99 or more BEFORE the coupon it will give me another coupon? Unlimited times?

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So hold on, they gave me a (all prices in Canadian dollars) $14 coupon for free, and any time I buy a game that's $20.99 or more BEFORE the coupon it will give me another coupon? Unlimited times?

Yes. It's actually kind of crazy. Basically any game that is over $14.99 US / $20.99 CAD is effectively $10 US / $14 CAD cheaper.

Nov 1, 2017
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2 at 1440p ultrawide is incredible. Love the game so much that I could see myself buying it again when it finally releases on Steam. I just wish I had never touched the "HD" best-of game that released in 2012.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
So is there any chance bigger games like DS might be one of the free ones? Unsure if I should just wait on some of these until the end of the sale.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't think you are quite getting how the sale works.

you buy anything, including the free game you get a coupon.
the coupon works for a discount off games, but only if they are above a certain price. So in your case it seems to be $15 off games over $22.

You buy a game the coupon works on you get another.
you buy a game the coupon doesn't work on you still have the coupon.
Wait I've been reading it wrong??! I swear it said in the T&C's that you'd only get a renewed coupon if your purchase is $22 or higher after discounts/coupons. Is that not true?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Was just about to buy night in the woods so will hold off for now - assume the sale prices are stable until the end of the sale?

that and tropico which I've often wanted to try but never quite enough to jump in - would be great for me

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Only game that's sticking out to me is Star Wars: Squadrons. Do I need to be an elite pilot to have fun online? I haven't played a fighter pilot-esque game in quite a while. I know the game has bot matches and some single player missions, I might buy it anyways for those

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Got SWJFO. Not the biggest Star Wars fan but hopefully i won't regret my purchase. It was only 14€ anyway.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome!
For those not familiar, you could have grabbed games like GTA V, Civilization VI, Borderlands 1 & 2, Hitman, Watch Dogs 2, Troy or Football Manager 2020 through the weekly free games!
What the hell? I'm not a PC gamer but you never know, I'm creating an amount now lmao

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Wait I've been reading it wrong??! I swear it said in the T&C's that you'd only get a renewed coupon if your purchase is $22 or higher after discounts/coupons. Is that not true?
from my page (US)
Click on the 'GET MY EPIC COUPON' button. If you don't click on the 'GET MY EPIC COUPON' button, you will automatically receive your first $10 Epic Coupon when you download a free game or make your first purchase during the promotional period. If you already have a $10 Epic Coupon from the Holiday Sale, that coupon will be applied to your next purchase of any eligible game $14.99 or more,, and you'll receive an additional $10 Epic Coupon.

If you use a coupon you get a new one, if you don't have one to start with snag a free game or hit the get the coupon button. There isn't any price limitations aside from what the coupon can be used on and that is games that are a certain amount or more.

Unlike previous sales the coupon will be gone as soon as the sale is done, and it also won't work on preorders or dlc, but aside from that for the next two weeks or so you can go absolutely wild.

The best part about the coupons is Epic pays for them out of pocket (unless this changed but I would assume we would see developer rage if it changed). So the developers still get money based off the price you see before coupon.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I forgot MeatBoy Forever is coming out. I wonder if it will be any good. It comes out during the sale so the coupon should be usable on it.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Darn, just noticed that the voucher expires before hitman 3 comes out, so much for that idea :(

Anyone play the Last Campfire? Looks cute

Yeah i played it on iPad; really good and charming as heck.

I forgot MeatBoy Forever is coming out. I wonder if it will be any good. It comes out during the sale so the coupon should be usable on it.
Yeah I thought this too, although I'm still thinking of waiting until reviews drop, something about SMBF is just making me wary.

I heard some great impressions about The Pathless. I am also interested in it but i am not sure about the price. I wish it was at least 15-20% off + voucher, would be a nice deal.
Yeah, kinda what I was thinking, I mean I can play it on Apple Arcade for £5 so this still seems pricey to me

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, Metro Exodus with all DLC for $12, AC Odyssey Gold for $15... there are some deals here man.

Already grabbed Desperados III and DLC ($20) and Star Wars Squadrons ($14), but these coupons are killing me here!

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
from my page (US)

If you use a coupon you get a new one, if you don't have one to start with snag a free game or hit the get the coupon button. There isn't any price limitations aside from what the coupon can be used on and that is games that are a certain amount or more.

Unlike previous sales the coupon will be gone as soon as the sale is done, and it also won't work on preorders or dlc, but aside from that for the next two weeks or so you can go absolutely wild.

The best part about the coupons is Epic pays for them out of pocket (unless this changed but I would assume we would see developer rage if it changed). So the developers still get money based off the price you see before coupon.
Yeah see it's that wording of $14.99/$22.99AUD purchase price to get an additional coupon that I was talking about. In the FAQ it states that it has to be the required price after any discounts, so any game that dips below $22.99 won't get me the voucher.

That was my first world problem I notd earlier.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Those deals are crazy. Absolutely puts steam to shame.

Impulse bought ghostrunner soon as the sale went up. That price is a no brainer. Super tempted to get metro exodus gold edition but I have a save from the windows version I'd like to continue (started playing right before it was taken off game pass rip).

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Todays Game: (The long dark)
EGS_HolidaySale2020_DoG_TheLongDark_1920x1080_Teaser-R-1920x1080-9bc0d1fcc6ece76d83e6c55337217edf.jpg

Guess that leak from Yesterday was indeed correct.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Sweet, just purchased control ultimate edition that comes with expansions for 18.99 total canadian after my free 14 coupon...and they gave me another one.

Is there no tax on the storefront as well?

Mr. Gold

Jul 1, 2019
I'm really tempted to buy DS Elysum for $12.50 CAD for my lap top. I know this is going to be $50 bucks including tax on my Switch. Decisions, decisions

Drakhyrr

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Do you guys have to log in to Epic again every single day to get the games, whether you check to remember or not?

It's getting on my nerves.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
How is Crysis Remastered right now?

I have a 2060, and I know they are adding DLSS soon, but it is supposedly a mess right now right?

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought Immortals Fenix Rising for $30.19 with the coupon, crazy price for a game that came out 1 month ago.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Immortals Fenix Rising for $30.19 with the coupon, crazy price for a game that came out 1 month ago.
Yeah, I'm seriously considering that one myself.

I did go ahead and bite on Star Wars: Squadrons for $13.99 (coupon), especially now they've added TrackIR support. Time to hook up my HOTAS again.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm seriously considering that one myself.

I did go ahead and bite on Star Wars: Squadrons for $13.99 (coupon), especially now they've added TrackIR support. Time to hook up my HOTAS again.
I wish i could play those type of games, motion sickness prevents me from it. I might give it a go and see how i fair.

Jul 26, 2018
Just bought the Mafia Trilogy for $34 with coupon applied. Never played the series so i'm excited to finally start it in next gen upgrade.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
FYI, Carrion is down to $14.99, which still qualifies it for the coupon, so it's only $4.99. Pretty sweet deal.