• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Just claimed the free game to get the free voucher and get Pathless for $6. Will probably get control with the other voucher.

Last edited:

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
My son would agree. He loves that game, but it's worth pointing out that the game is in early access and is not complete yet.
My Girlfriend and I were playing swapping back and forth on it and racked up about 40 hours in the first week. Really wish there was some form of co-op :/

In fairness, It's the good kind of early access, where there's the odd line of text with some errors after around 20+ hours of content and not a 6 foot square map with zero texture.

But I understand if people want to wait till its fully released.

I did redeem the free game for today and get a £10 voucher. So it is £5.99 at the moment (I think)

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got Desperados III Deluxe Edition (base + season pass) for $20.

What a steal!

What should I buy next?

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, vowed never to spend money on EGS, but Fuser on sale with the $10 bucks off is tempting.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Oh didn't know that! Bout to do some more shopping!

That's what it says:

HOW DO I RECEIVE MY FIRST $10 EPIC COUPON DURING HOLIDAY SALE?Click on the 'GET MY EPIC COUPON' button. If you don't click on the 'GET MY EPIC COUPON' button, you will automatically receive your first $10 Epic Coupon when you download a free game or make your first purchase during the promotional period.If you already have a $10 Epic Coupon from the Holiday Sale, that coupon will be applied to your next purchase of any eligible game $14.99 or more,, and you'll receive an additional $10 Epic Coupon.

www.epicgames.com

Get a $10 Epic Coupon | Holiday Sale 2020 - Epic Games Store

Sign in to your Epic Games account, then click the ‘GET MY EPIC COUPON’ button on the Holiday Sale page to claim one $10 Epic Coupon

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got and refunded SW Squadrons via Steam because 120hz was broken on PC (animations were something like 30fps, it was frustrating). They fixed that, right?

Because if they did, I'll give the game another go for $13.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got Control Ultimate Edition (base + expansions) for $13.99

What a steal!

What should I buy next?

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
It's become a game of guessing which games are unlikely to be free Epic giveaway games in the near future. Like, Bugsnax is tempting at £5.29, but that game is pretty much guaranteed to be free / on GamePass next year.

Got Control Ultimate Edition (base + expansions) for $13.99

What a steal!

What should I buy next?
Disco Elysium

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, vowed never to spend money on EGS, but Fuser on sale with the $10 bucks off is tempting.

I always said, why should I buy anything, if they don't offer anything, but now they're actually competing. Those coupons make for some very compelling arguments, as to why I should pick something up in the Epic store, aside from free games.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It looks like this sale will overlap with the Steam sale (google says Dec 22nd start date) so I will wait until the end before I splurge.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Do games that already exist for sale in the store ever get given away? I'm thinking about jumping on Tetris Effect but it's been on EGS so long I'm afraid of it being one of the daily free games.

I've been grabbing the free stuff since the beginning, but I pay so little attention to what's actually for sale on the store that I have no idea what their rules are for free games being new or already on sale.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Do games that already exist for sale in the store ever get given away? I'm thinking about jumping on Tetris Effect but it's been on EGS so long I'm afraid of it being one of the daily free games.

I've been grabbing the free stuff since the beginning, but I pay so little attention to what's actually for sale on the store that I have no idea what their rules are for free games being new or already on sale.
They can, but they tend to be the cheaper ones if that happens. The odds of Tetris Effect being included are really low.
You could always wait, or if you have game pass (and if you don't you can sign up for 3 months for a buck right now) you could also just use that to play the Tetris Effect Connected edition that has extra features.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
They can, but they tend to be the cheaper ones if that happens. The odds of Tetris Effect being included are really low.
You could always wait, or if you have game pass (and if you don't you can sign up for 3 months for a buck right now) you could also just use that to play the Tetris Effect Connected edition that has extra features.
Thanks, that answers my question perfectly. I am dead set on playing on my new VR kit, so EGS is currently the only release I'm interested in until support comes to Connected or the game comes to Steam.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Not a ton of games I'm dying to play (probably a good thing, haha).

I'm defintely thinking about getting Death Stranding for $20, been waiting on that one for a while.
Other than that I MIGHT get Star Wars Fallen Order (I'm actually in the mood for a Souls-like game since I can't play Demon's Souls), and maybe Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning (would prefer a Switch port, but no sign of that happening yet).

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Someone convince me to get disco elysium

i've never liked CRPG's (divinity, diablo)

But I do love a good story! Text heavy is fine if it's enjoyable.

But it looks...weird? Dull? The reviews are 10/10 glowing so...thoughts?

Anshelm

Oct 28, 2017
Anybody got Fuser to work? Keeps kicking me out desktop but game is still running in the background.

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018

Unlike regular CRPG's, this one is not stat-heavy and you don't have to deal with any cumbersome combat to get to the good stuff- the story. It's all speech checks, and the dialogue options you get are astounding even when you fail them.
While it may look a little dull, I assure you the world and story is extremely interesting. Slowly learning about the characters and world in that game was an experience unlike anything I ever played.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Unlike regular CRPG's, this one is not stat-heavy and you don't have to deal with any cumbersome combat to get to the good stuff- the story. It's all speech checks, and the dialogue options you get are astounding even when you fail them.
While it may look a little dull, I assure you the world and story is extremely interesting. Slowly learning about the characters and world in that game was an experience unlike anything I ever played.

sweet thanks :)

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Well, for now I am getting Bugsnax, can't say no for 6€.
I already have control, disco elysium and hades, any other to consider?

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Going to try the Iron Harvest demo to see if that's worth picking up. With the voucher it's £23.

Snowrunner is ~£11 with the voucher. Very tempted. I wanted it on Xbox really, but that price is way cheaper. Even on sale now on Xbox it's £27.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
There are so many stupidly good deals here with the voucher - probably going to spend $100 and get like 8 games I have no time to play. The only expensive thing I am considering is RDR2 - I have the online version but wanted to play the full thing in 4k60 ultra on my new PC - and its only $30 after coupon ...hmm.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

I think Disco is less of a CRPG and more of like an adventure game from what I understand. I haven't played It myself yet, though.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I grabbed Rogue Legacy 2. $8 is an amazing price. Probably not gonna play it until it's more of a complete game though.