• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Zero too.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-from-zero

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-to-azure

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-into-reverie

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/the-legend-of-nayuta-boundless-trails

unknown.png

unknown.png

bruh.png

The Azure logo is the same one that was created by the Geofront fan localization team. Did EGS buy it from them?

Last edited:

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
All of them are listed as 2023 so I assume that's a temporary date.

Shame for NISA that this leak but cool to have Crossbell and Nayuta finally coming over. Trails into Reverie is a cool choice for Hajimari as well.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Zero is visible too. (scheduled for next year)

www.epicgames.com

The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero Coming Soon - Epic Games Store

The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero is coming soon to the Epic Games Store. Please check for availability and add to your Wishlist

Makes me wonder if NISA managed to strike a deal with Geofront. If not:
a) Geofront finished their Azure project in the nick of time
b) NISA's committed to a project that has the potential to be a clusterfuck, given the high standards Geofront set up both in localization quality and extra features.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Holy--....I've been meaning to pick up the Japanese versions of Zero and Azure but I'd happily wait a little more and support a localisation. Wouldn't bother me personally, but expecting some serious heat if these are Epic Games Store exclusive though lol

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
yikes leaked 20 hours early

Holy--....I've been meaning to pick up the Japanese versions of Zero and Azure but I'd happily wait a little more and support a localisation. Wouldn't bother me personally, but expecting some serious heat if these are Epic Games Store exclusive though lol

I would permanently boycott Falcom if that happened

doubt it actually will though

Erpy

May 31, 2018
I will laugh if these are EGS exclusives

I personally doubt it. Falcom's games have been available on Steam/GOG pretty consistently and Zero and Azure are not Kingdom Hearts/FF7R-tier projects that Epic would bother spending money to poach and keep as an exclusive deal. Most likely EGS was the only online store that already made the pages public.

double_heist

Nov 19, 2019
Honestly I'll just be getting all except Hajimari no Kiseki. Not a fan of the Cold Steel games, but I do like the older ones.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
These are huge leaks, wow.

Put Adol and Estelle in Fortnite.

I personally doubt it. Falcom's games have been available on Steam/GOG pretty consistently and Zero and Azure are not Kingdom Hearts/FF7R-tier projects that Epic would bother spending money to poach and keep as an exclusive deal. Most likely EGS was the only online store that already made the pages public.
The vast majority of the exclusives on the EGS are smaller titles like indies.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's epic exclusive

The trailers are available. If it was exclusive to EGS I think that would be stated explicitly in them

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, that Hajimari release date is brutal. Amazing news otherwise though! If the Geofront localizations actually got licensed, that would be super cool.

OP
OP
Sun's Resting Place
Oct 25, 2017
There are too many trails games I lost track of which is which and how and if they are connected, lol.
its easy. trails in the sky, trails in the sky SC, trails in the sky the 3rd = games 1, 2 and 3.

trails from zero and trails of azure = games 4 and 5

trails of cold steel 1-4 = games 6, 7, 8 and 9

trails into reverie aka hajimari = game 10

the upcoming kuro no kiseki = game 11

nayuta = spinoff that has nothing to do with kiseki

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017

also NISA went back and added the two Cold Steel games they published to the Epic store at some point post release so would be pretty weird if any new stuff they put out wasn't on there as well

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Hajimari for 2023 is a fucking joke, that's waaaaaaay too far away.

I will be playing the chinese PC version with the english overlay as I originally planned. I was going to wait and see how long the official western release takes and wait for it if it wasn't too far away, but 2023 ain't it.

By the time it comes out I would have already finished playing FF16 and Xenoblade 3

Can't wait for Kuro in 2025, after FF7R part 2 and KH4.

machtia

Oct 29, 2017
2023 for Hajimari? Are they trying to kill all momentum this series has in the west?

Erpy

May 31, 2018
If the Geofront localizations actually got licensed, that would be super cool.

If they got licensed, there'd be no reason to wait until 2022 and 2023. What's possible is that NISA decided to create run-of-the-mill translations of the Crossbell games and hired Geofront's editing staff to localize those, essentially working around the legal hijinks of a fan project with lots of contributors, some of whom are no longer easily contactable.

And yeah, this might be a Crossbell problem thing, with NISA trying to get the Crossbell games out before releasing Reverie, which act as its conclusion.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
If they got licensed, there'd be no reason to wait until 2022 and 2023. What's possible is that NISA decided to create run-of-the-mill translations of the Crossbell games and hired Geofront's editing staff to localize those, essentially working around the legal hijinks of a fan project with lots of contributors, some of whom are no longer easily contactable.

well even if they did presumably they want to release them on consoles as well so there would still be some work to get them working on those

could they get it done faster than that? probably, but maybe not without cutting into the Hajimari timing and pushing that back even further

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Hgnnnnnnnnnnnnn, I wanted to wait for the localisation of Hajimari because my relatively slow Japanese reading speed is accentuated by how long these games are, but this is too much. I'd be like 3 behind again by the time it comes out.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That seems pretty fast for the amount of wordage all these games have combined though isn't it?

It's a devastating stop in momentum for the series. It's always suffered from long localizations, but XSEED and NISA made big pushes to get the Cold Steels out sooner. With CS4's release last year, we were only one game away from being caught up, and now we're looking at a 3 year gap between mainline releases. And the gap is going to widen with the next mainline coming out this year in Japan, and whatever the hell inevitably releases in 2023 (or god forbid 2022). We're going to be so far behind. It's been one thing if Zero and Azure both came out in 2022, but just Zero? Geez.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I'm freaking angry about hajimari being in 2023... My guess is they'll say : "we want people to play zero and ao before playing hajimari"...

which is a bit too late, you released CS3 and CS4 without caring about that... it's great zero ao and nayuta are being released, but hajimari should have been a priority

i'm really fucking annoyed right now for real... i thought it would be 2022 at the latest... we were so close to the japan release and now it's all behind again

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
That seems pretty fast for the amount of wordage all these games have combined though isn't it?

No, it's always been around 2 years between the japanese and western release. Hajimari came out mid 2020 in japan.

The Cold Steel games are larger than Hajimari. 3 years after the japanese release is a joke, I was hoping it would take less time than usual due to Hajimari having less text to localize, but it's actually gonna take one more year than usual lol

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
This is awesome news for the Trails series, good thing we have the Geofront translations of Zero and Azure until these release.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I think it's cool they are releasing oficially the Crossbell games. It's making me want to go ahead and get SC even if I was mild on First Chapter.

But those release dates are indeed brutal. Sorry for the doomposting but I got a bad feeling out of this.