• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, I think I heard something about that. Do they just ask players to go to an outside website to make purchases? Seems like a bad idea to try and skip the google store.
Purchases are inside the game, with support of Epic payment methods. Players in Android need to download the apk and install it (which has some safety problems attached).
I think it might be in other stores like Samsung Store? but I know noone that uses that.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Not for Canada lol.... still no CAD currency, it's pathetic.

So far I have yet to have a single reason to spend a single dollar on that store. I grab the free games, but I only even played two; one didn't work with my DS4, and the other one I didn't finish.

I do the same thing, there are so many games coming out and i also have a backlog anyway, that there just is no reason for me to buy an EGS exclusive.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017

Found out the answer to my question by actually reading some of the write-up about that: promo codes do count as sales. Anyone that bought AMD hardware in the last 4 months quite likely got Borderlands 3, perhaps even two copies for both gpu and CPU.

I dunno how Red Dead 2 didn't make Epic's most popular infographic, considering it supposedly sold more than some of those estimates by playtracker.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Found out the answer to my question by actually reading some of the write-up about that: promo codes do count as sales. Anyone that bought AMD hardware in the last 4 months quite likely got Borderlands 3, perhaps even two copies for both gpu and CPU.

I dunno how Red Dead 2 didn't make Epic's most popular infographic, considering it supposedly sold more than some of those estimates by playtracker.
RDR2 and uPlay games are not on that infograph because the method he uses to collect data for estimates would give the total info from all stores. His estimations for The Division 2 was 1.8million in total with both stores irc.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
RDR2 and uPlay games are not on that infograph because the method he uses to collect data for estimates would give the total info from all stores. His estimations for The Division 2 was 1.8million in total with both stores irc.

Oh I meant on Epic's own image where they listed most popular games.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Lol if you joke about shopping carts to Tim Sweeney on twitter he adds you to this list

m55EA63.png
Unbelievable that there is still no shopping cart. ITS 2020!!!!!!!!!!

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Do we have any data to suggest what the spilt would be for Ubisoft games and RDR2?

My guess is that there's very little reason for anyone to buy those on EGS.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any data to suggest what the spilt would be for Ubisoft games and RDR2?

My guess is that there's very little reason for anyone to buy those
We know their mtx cut is effectively 0% for them (as they will just use their monetization methods not Epics). Otherwise not really, tho rumors about Ubisoft whete a bit lower than 12%.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Purchases are inside the game, with support of Epic payment methods. Players in Android need to download the apk and install it (which has some safety problems attached).
I think it might be in other stores like Samsung Store? but I know noone that uses that.

Wow that is kinda crazy, not sure what their plan with that is.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that is kinda crazy, not sure what their plan with that is.
Not pay the Google "tax" as Tim calls it. Reminder that their intention with EGS is also launching on Android (the fortnite android launcher was renamed to EGS and also contains their other gacha game).

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

My guess is that there's very little reason for anyone to buy those on EGS.
If we assume all of PlayTracker's estimates are accurate and assume that Epic was correct in stating Red Dead Redemption 2 was not among the top 9 most popular games on the Epic Game Store, that would indicate that it sold fewer copies than Untitled Goose Game on EGS. PlayTracker subsequently estimated Goose Game selling 151k units. Previously, PlayTracker gave an estimate of 3 million total RDR2 PC sales. Napkin math results in EGS making up at most 5% of RDR2 PC sales (vs 10% Steam and Rockstar laughing all the way to the bank to cash all of their direct sales). Again: for the purposes of this argument I'm assuming that PlayTracker is accurate.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
This still makes me laugh. Lyin' Timmy was desperate to have Fortnite in Google Play Store without paying the 30% cut, and when Google said no, he started yelling it was some illegal shit what Google was doing.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
If we assume all of PlayTracker's estimates are accurate and assume that Epic was correct in stating Red Dead Redemption 2 was not among the top 9 most popular games on the Epic Game Store, that would indicate that it sold fewer copies than Untitled Goose Game on EGS. PlayTracker subsequently estimated Goose Game selling 151k units. Previously, PlayTracker gave an estimate of 3 million total RDR2 PC sales. Napkin math results in EGS making up at most 5% of RDR2 PC sales (vs 10% Steam and Rockstar laughing all the way to the bank to cash all of their direct sales). Again: for the purposes of this argument I'm assuming that PlayTracker is accurate.

Making even more assumptions on the graphs, if Untitled Goose Game edged out something like Hades, I would guess that probably sold less then. And play tracker estimates Hades at ~200k on Steam, which would be more copies sold in 1 month than on EGS in 1 year.

Walnut

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Austin, TX
Cool sounds like 2021 is when I can stop caring about their launcher again except using it for Unreal Engine

The way it should be.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017

Control came with nvidia cards, which is how I tested Control on EGS

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just dont know whats the issue. Every little web store has a chopping cart. People are complaining about it, why is this so hard to fix?

Gifting too. Where is gifting? How have we gone two holiday seasons without gifting? It feels like the biggest thing EGS is missing at the moment and it's nowhere in sight.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

SteamSpy has RDR2 listed as Between 1-2m on Steam. Obviously SteamSpy isn't the most accurate but its safe to assume more than 10% of RDR2 PC owners are on Steam. Bet that percentage growing as time goes on.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Gifting too. Where is gifting? How have we gone two holiday seasons without gifting? It feels like the biggest thing EGS is missing at the moment and it's nowhere in sight.

Fun fact you actually can't gift Anno 1800, The Division 2 and Breakpoint at all because Ubisoft Store doesn't have option to gift those games either and they removed those games from 3rd party key sellers.

Oct 29, 2017
37% of pc gamers* installed steam is a very, very different number than 90% of pc games sold on steam -- these numbers are like, barely related, aside from both having to do with the storefront business. You guys have crazy reading comprehension when it comes to stupid things tim sweeny says.

I can never tell if they're being sarcastic (unlikely) or really do have serious problems reading and thinking about words (very likely).

Suicide King

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, sideloading apps is not that hard on Android nowadays. Back in the old days, you actually had to use an Apk installing app. Now, if you download an .apk via the browser, it prompts you to install it.
And considering how Samsung does stuff, I can see them making a deal to put Fortnite preinstalled in a specific phone. Not the S20 or Note 20, but maybe something focused on gaming or battery life? 30% for Google sure sounds very steep, all things considered.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
100 million users... Damn. Between this and GamePass devs selling games for license fees could see a big boost.