• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aaronmac

Nov 12, 2017
"But what about their customers!?"

Yes, I know that free games does not excuse the Epic Games' Store's lack of features and apparent developer first storefront, but I like free games, and you should too.

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And here I was being told competing storefronts provide no benefits to the consumer.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Whoever made the thread about free pc games, you were right, next step is, all pc games will be free.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Imagine entering a topic announcing free highly rated games and declaring the consumer is getting nothing. You'd think people would find such constant negativity exhausting.

Wandermust

Alt-Account
Dec 3, 2018
there are people in here complaining about free game?

Are these the same people who complain about morning BJs?

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Try to actually compete in features? Come up with something so good it makes people want to come over?

But no let's just do what every other client does. Withhold games from appearing on Steam or hand out freebies and pray they stay.

Yeah because obviously UE4 and Fortnite aren't going to keep people using the Epic Games launcher! Oh wait... THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT MAKES THE EPIC LAUNCHER UNIQUE.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
that's a LOT of free games, damn. They are going in hard.

So their store is same as the Fortnite launcher right? "So everyone already has it installed".

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah because obviously UE4 and Fortnite aren't going to keep people using the Epic Games launcher! Oh wait... THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT MAKES THE EPIC LAUNCHER UNIQUE.

UE4 won't keep people using the store as UE4 has nothing to do with the store. That obsidian game I added to my steam wishlist tonight is using UE4.

there are people in here complaining about free game?

Are these the same people who complain about morning BJs?

Depends who's giving them. If a homeless crack head broke into my house for that reason I'd be less than pleased with that situation. If it was my girlfriend well ok then.

Wandermust

Alt-Account
Dec 3, 2018
UE4 won't keep people using the store as UE4 has nothing to do with the store. That obsidian game I added to my steam wishlist tonight is using UE4.

Depends who's giving them. If a homeless crack head broke into my house for that reason I'd be less than pleased with that situation. If it was my girlfriend well ok then.

Your gf. morning wake up Bjs.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to sign up for or install this.

But I really want to play Subnautica, and free is one hell of a price.

curb.gif

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Do this store offer any Steam like features at all? Like basic achivements? Controller input?
I was able to use steam controller with Paragon and Fortnite. I can use it for Windows Store games as well. So yeah, pretty much anything can work with Steam Input, it's a bit crazy to get some things to work, even some games I got on steam with how their updates can screw things up, but it's worth it for this amazing feature. The power of PC, do what you want, play what you want. Binary finds a way.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Games are too cheap - Sergei Galyokin
Sales aren't a good thing - Epic Store

So, here's a free game every two weeks.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Man I have 49 friend requests, my account must have been hacked or something.

I know Epic is lurking this forum, especially if people from Paragon moved over to Fortnite. Please bring Paragon back somehow. Pweez!

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

I know Epic is lurking this forum, especially if people from Paragon moved over to Fortnite. Please bring Paragon back somehow. Pweez!

I just logged in and I have 9 requests from people I don't know. What's happening?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I just logged in and I have 9 requests from people I don't know. What's happening?
I think it must be something that put people that you played games with (recently played with list) into a friend request or something. There's a lot of Playstation controllers, so I'm thinking my Paragon play history got sent to requests. That's the only game I played with PS4 players since I couldn't opt out of that crossplay in any way. My account had 2 factor, and it seems secure. The store is totally different now, so wires must have gotten cross in the transition.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Depends when the last time you used your epic account. They've had like two or three massive data breaches in the last few years. Even I got an email and I didn't know I had an epic account, I'm guessing it was for when shadow complex came out in ~2007 though why I made one for that is anyone's guess.

Another reason to be so excited about this client....

Iadien

Oct 25, 2017
How can Epic's game store compete with Steam, GOG, etc. without doing crazy shit like this? All of the other game stores give out free games as well, hell, Twitch has given out dozens of free games over the last year trying to get people to use their client.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be perfect for me. One of the biggest F2P games, and then 28 free games on top of that.

I'm not going to have to spend a dime there.

I'm sure that's what the devs want from that store, customers who spend nothing. :)

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Some of the posts in here remind me that there will always be someone who will find the negative in anything. No matter what it is, there's gotta be something they're just not having.

I'll def sign up and see about this new launcher.
"Awessome free games but I can't use Steam to get them and I have to use their free software to get the free games? What devils!!"

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like I'll finally be trying out Subnautica, have heard so many good things just never got around to buying it! Wonder how long they'll keep this up.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I think it must be something that put people that you played games with (recently played with list) into a friend request or something. There's a lot of Playstation controllers, so I'm thinking my Paragon play history got sent to requests. That's the only game I played with PS4 players since I couldn't opt out of that crossplay in any way. My account had 2 factor, and it seems secure. The store is totally different now, so wires must have gotten cross in the transition.

Yeah could be.