• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
It's far more than your basic info. If you get their launcher on your PC they'll be able to siphon away any data they want at any time. Sure Valve could do that too theoretically but Valve isn't protected by the chinese government. They would get crushed with legal issues.
This is ridiculous fear mongering, you're just hopping from one "but what about" to the next as each is discredited, in some bizarre crusade to shit on the Epic Store and dissuade people from it.

Give some evidence of the tool being malicious before you go spouting such things and putting out rumours purely because you're upset that a new online store doesn't have feature parity with Steam. Pathetic conduct.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of data security. Don't forget to check the conspicuously hidden box to not share your info with a third party (the developer fwiw).

Untitled.png

Last edited:

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Free if you agree to give your info over to Tencent. Nothing is ever truly free.

Your so woke, can I have your autograph!

Literally almost every fucking company has info on us, unless you are literally off the grid and live in a cave, someone or some entity has your info

Not a big fucking deal

Fuck I'll let Tencent dredge my entire search history if I could get free games out of it, fuck it if they wanna sell my info, if rather get a free something out of it

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
They're in bed with the chinese government who also funds hacking groups. What could a hacking group do with access to information....
It's far more than your basic info. If you get their launcher on your PC they'll be able to siphon away any data they want at any time. Sure Valve could do that too theoretically but Valve isn't protected by the chinese government. They would get crushed with legal issues.
Ugh. Conspiracy theories, really? Let's see your evidence that installing the Epic launcher means the Chinese govt is getting all your data. Go on, let's see it.

League of Legends has been one of the biggest games in the world for years. Tencent has had a majority stake since 2011 and full ownership since 2015. I guess the Chinese govt has had all the personal data of those players for years and they're waiting for the right time to strike, to do... whatever you think is going on. Tencent has a minority stake in Epic, Activision-Blizzard, Ubisoft, Snapchat plus ownership in a lot of mobile gaming and other areas. I guess you think the Chinese govt has the personal data of everyone who has ever signed up with any of those companies too.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
What nonsense am I reading in this thread? Epic moneyhatting 3rd party devs to keep their games away from competing storefronts is a disgusting practice. But there's really, REALLY nothing wrong with Epic offering free games to promote their store.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Jeez man Epic is really going for the gusto hunh? If anything it will only encourage Steam to be even better than it already is which is good. Personally i'm going to find it pretty hard to go over to epic with my current library with steam already, but i'll at least download it and see how it compares.