Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
So the tech trial of the century is beginning today and here is a thread about it, you can listen in via the information below but it isn't recommended if the audience of children are still chiming.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
89c.gif

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fuck Epic.

Fuck Apple too, but I want Epic to embarrass themselves here.

Zapages

Oct 28, 2017
If Epic wins that will be very different marketplace for the future of all gaming and non-gaming stores out there.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
So is there any chance that Epic could win this?

They have quite a few hurdles to overcome in their case, but anything's possible in court. Slim chance, but still a chance. I imagine it won't stop here either, Epic will appeal this as much as they can, and use any defeats as evidence that a legislative solution is needed.

SunshinePuppies

One Winged Slayer
Nov 14, 2020
Is there supposed to be a decision today or what? I don't really understand the timeline of the case.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd assume Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft are all siding with Apple on this. Siding with Epic literally does not benefit them at all.
Microsoft is backing Epic

www.bbc.com

Fortnite Apple row: Microsoft backs Epic in court filing

The Xbox company has declared support for the Fortnite-maker as it battles Apple's "monopoly".

Sony invested millions in Epic

www.theverge.com

Sony invests another $200 million in Epic Games

Its second major investment in two years.

Morten88

Dec 22, 2019
I dont like either epic or apple, but in this case i cheer for apple to win, since it will be horrible for gaming in the upcoming years if sony, xbox and nintendo should allow 3rd party stores onto their systems

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
The only reason I'd want Epic to "win" is to see the ripple effects of what's going to happen to the console platforms.