• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Sooooo, don't buy too much or say goodbye to your account. 😂

Just going to quote myself from the day this sale went live:

....but imagine doing a store-wide sale with no shopping cart, forcing people interested in making purchases to have to worry about how their CC company will interpret several individual purchases in rapid succession from a vendor not regularly purchased from.

At least people can spread the purchases out since it's a month-long sale.
Turns out, consumers don't have to worry just about their CC company, but Epic themselves too.

And yea, I've been buying one a game because of this.

ITT: why having a shopping cart while holding a store-wide sale is basic, common-fuckin-sense. Imagine going to the grocery store and being forced to swipe your card after every purchase. How many swipes before you get a fraud alert and call from your CC company?

As I've said before, this sale should have coincided with the release of a proper shopping cart and not a moment sooner. The lack of foresight here is startling.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it's real amateur hour stuff to have any kind of online store without a shopping basket. It's asking for people to get flagged by fraud protection.

Adding a shopping cart is on Epic's roadmap as a goal for the long term, by which they mean more than six months away.

Even if Epic tweak their anti-fraud stuff to be less trigger happy, there's still the risk of payment providers flagging these types of purchase as potentially fraudulent. I dunno if Epic just don't have anyone with a background in ecommerce on staff or what...

It's another thing to file under "what do Valve actually do to earn their cut of sales?".

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Just going to quote myself from the day this sale went live:

Turns out, consumers don't have to worry just about their CC company, but Epic themselves too.

And yea, I've been buying one a game because of this.

ITT: why having a shopping cart while holding a store-wide sale is basic, common-fuckin-sense. Imagine going to the grocery store and being forced to swipe your card after every purchase. How many swipes before you get a fraud alert and call from your CC company?

As I've said before, this sale should have coincided with the release of a proper shopping cart and not a moment sooner. The lack of foresight here is startling.

I think you misquote me with that name, lol.

And yeah, it was clearly a benefit's problem with Epic store, not the consumers.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Can somebody slap me with a list of good shit to get under 15 or preferably 10? (US)

Only have euro pricing available to view but in W-Europe they should be more or less the same, so... imo the standout deals below or around 10 are:

Hades
TWD Final Season
Subnautica Below Zero (Early Access, the base game was free on EGS a while ago but is also deeply discounted if you missed it)
John Wick Hex (preorder)
Observation (preorder - but out today).
The Witness (not sure if it's good but discounted from €40 to €8)
Afterparty (preorder)
Outer Wilds (preorder - do not confuse with Outer Worlds from Obsidian)

On that note, does anyone know WHEN today Observation unlocks? Its been May 21st here for almost 12 hours

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Hades
TWD Final Season
Subnautica Below Zero (Early Access, the base game was free on EGS a while ago but is also deeply discounted if you missed it)
John Wick Hex (preorder)
Afterparty (preorder)
'Preciate it.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Hmm still waiting for Observation to unlock despite Devolver being all....

Hope we're not looking at the next EGS mess.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Caved and bought Satisfactory. Only played about an hour but really like it so far. I'm a fan of Factorio but the difference in views adds a lot more immersion in Satisfactory in my opinion.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Damn it. Also bought John Wick as an impulse buy because it's only 5 bucks.

So far bought:

Hades
Afterparty
John Wick
Donut County

Those prices are just too good.

Curious that Steam now gives away the Guacamelee Turbo something edition for free.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Only have euro pricing available to view but in W-Europe they should be more or less the same, so... imo the standout deals below or around 10 are:

Hades
TWD Final Season
John Wick Hex (preorder)
Afterparty (preorder)

On that note, does anyone know WHEN today Observation unlocks? Its been May 21st here for almost 12 hours

The witness is the best puzzle game of all time so yes, it's very, VERY good!

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
[QUOTE="regawdless, post: 21043281, member: 22585"Curious that Steam now gives away the Guacamelee Turbo something edition for free.[/QUOTE]

Nahhh that seems like that was planned by the dev for a while

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just grabbed Observation. That £10 off was just too tempting. Mad to not pick it up at £7.99 on launch day when it's RRP £19.99.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
It launched on the EGS but they had to pull all Ubi games due to Epic's nonexistant uPlay integration allowing people to buy the game, refund it on the EGS and keep it.

Ohhh was that how it went down. Wow. That's just staggeringly incompetent. No wonder Ubisoft were in such a rush to pull everything.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhh was that how it went down. Wow. That's just staggeringly incompetent. No wonder Ubisoft were in such a rush to pull everything.
All the EGS was doing was essentially selling uPlay keys on a really fucking roundabout way. It was not ideal to say the least.

It's been what, almost 3 weeks now since they pulled those games?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda crazy that all these retailers are capable of integrating with uPlay, when Epic store is not
https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/Faqs/000023753/Approved-digital-distributors-of-Ubisoft-games
Different type of integration. EGS is a different launcher so there has to be an integration between both launchers similar to how Steam has it. The other stores just need to have a direct communication once with Ubisoft to activate the key (and for instance you cannot return games on them which is possible in EGS).

They should have had the integration (or a plan for it) before getting Ubisoft games but Epic really likes to put the cart before the horse.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Different type of integration. EGS is a different launcher so there has to be an integration between both launchers similar to how Steam has it. The other stores just need to have a direct communication once with Ubisoft to activate the key (and for instance you cannot return games on them which is possible in EGS).

They should have had the integration (or a plan for it) before getting Ubisoft games but Epic really likes to put the cart before the horse.
Only because Epic decided so.

And then failed to actually implement it.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, Epic just activates it on uplay account and download s installer, launching and updates via Uplay.

Minor side effect is needing double the space unless you manually cleanup.

Nothing like steams integration.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Epic just activates it on uplay account and download s installer, launching and updates via Uplay.

Minor side effect is needing double the space unless you manually cleanup.

Nothing like steams integration.
"has to be an integration" doesnt mean that there is.

Just that it is an obligation to avoid the problems were the game is completely independant of the launcher and all type of information (from mtx, time played to, well, GAME OWNERSHIP) is shared between both services. The other services that LewieP talked about are just stores without a launcher, so the onus of everything is on uPlay (and as I said before, both uPlay and those stores DONOT offer refunds).

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
The witness is the best puzzle game of all time so yes, it's very, VERY good!

I don't know. I enjoyed the witness for a decent while, but Baba is You easily holds that title for me. I'll never complete either though, because I'm a big dumb dumb.

The sale got me to jump on Hades, and I'm enjoying it a lot. The boss of Elysium is working me over real hard though. I'm actually really surprised I got past the second boss in just 8 or so attempts. Was the Hydra really all there was in the game until earlier this month?

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Just saw that City of Brass is the next free game on EGS. That's awesome! Been following the game for a while now, so I'm happy I'll be able to try it for free.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Anno 1800 is back on the store and it's £20 off. £29.99 rather than the £49.99 RRP. Definitely gonna bite.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Observation & Outer Wilds are must-buys. They're fantastic adventure games, and impossible to resist at $10 off.