• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Hades
Operecia
Control
The Sinking City

Those are what I've got, also I really wanted Afterparty and John Wick but both of those are 14$ smh ...

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
These sales seem really good, its a shame that i can't buy games from here due to the company's antics, the barebone-ness of the EGS right now and my huge lack of trust in this company to preserve my digital game licenses well... seems like some really good prices up in there. Hope Steam looks at this as proper competition and drop their prices on sales..

Oct 25, 2017
In my region:

Metro Exodus = 4$
Metro Redux = 2.24$
BL3 : 50$
Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines : 39$ in Epic 22$ in Steam for me
Heavy Rain: 10$
Beyond: Two Souls: 10$
Detroit: Become Human: 10$
Ashen: 14.24$
Control = $17
World War Z = $9
Darksiders III = $16
The Sinking City = $18
Walking Dead Final Season = $6

If u dont mind , I want to ask Which region are those prices from ? I have the exact same prices but the only difference is Vampire is the usual $60 on steam cause I dont have regional pricing on Steam

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Guess it's time to go big on Epic. I mean, I still HATE the exclusivity, but when some of the games I wanted are now so cheap it's like... well...

I'm a hypocrite. I still don't want them to buy exclusives but at the same time I want these games and they are cheap now and you just know when they are allowed to be on Steam it will be at their full price.

Fuck. This was a good move by Epic. I hate it and fuck them but also fuck me.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
Considering giving Dangerous Driving a shot for €15. I mean I even like The Crew 2 that most reviewers seemed to hate.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The lower and closer the original price was to €14.99, the higher the discount will be since it's always €10.
Afterparty and John Wick Hex were €15.99 €5.19-€5.99
62.5-67.5% off. A pre-order. Beyond silly.

€59.99 games only get about 17% off.
Which in my case makes them still more expensive than on GMG, since they charge me in GBP and that somehow lowers the price through currency magic.
Negative share to Epic on all of these though.

I deleted my Epic account in like February. I had Shadow Complex on there, I think.
I might create a new one for this and pick up some games that match of exceed the discount I'd get from GMG.
My main issue with EGS has been that it makes games cost me more. Now with some games the opposite is currently true.

But I'd add to the numbers Epic will use for their business purposes. And a sale like this might never happen again.
So good in the short term, but in the long term I might be screwing myself.
...I'll probably do it.

LocoRoco

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
can anyone explain to me why all this hatred towards EGS ? just cause timed exclusivities ?

didnt blizzard set a deal with activision to have exclusivity on BO3 and Destiny 2 ? i dont remember seeing this level o hate back then and those games are not timed exclusivities.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Is the mobile site just garbage or do they really only have so few games and no organization?

Can't speak to the mobile store but yeah, they don't have many games and nope they aren't organized. Their store needs a lot of work but these discounts are solid. Might be in for Hades.

can anyone explain to me why all this hatred towards EGS bacause timed exclusivities games ?

didnt blizzard set a deal with activision to have exclusivity on BO3 and Destiny 2 ? i dont remember seeing this level o hate back then and those games are not timed exclusivities.

Because those are Activision-Blizzard games and they're launching on their own platform. Epic is buying exclusivity rights to games to sell on their store, some games that had already taken pre-orders and advertised as being on Steam.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
can anyone explain to me why all this hatred towards EGS bacause timed exclusivities games ?

That's diff.
Blizzard and Activision are the same company.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Guess it's time to go big on Epic. I mean, I still HATE the exclusivity, but when some of the games I wanted are now so cheap it's like... well...

I'm a hypocrite. I still don't want them to buy exclusives but at the same time I want these games and they are cheap now and you just know when they are allowed to be on Steam it will be at their full price.

Fuck. This was a good move by Epic. I hate it and fuck them but also fuck me.
Sorry wrong reply

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Those are solid discounts. Epic really wants the sales.

Time for me to dive in outside of all the free games I've been getting lol

Borderlands 3 here we go

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

Activision and Blizzard are the same company, they didn't buy third party games to make them exclusive, they made games themselves. Just like nobody is complaining that Fortnite is exclusive.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do they still not have release dates on pre-order games (for ones that have dates at least)?

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Observation for a third of its price on PSN is wild. I'd be willing to buy Hades, if only to support Supergiant. I wish they would announce new platforms for the game already.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018

Activision and Vivendi (Blizzard's parent company) merged. So all Activision Blizzard games are open to appear on the battle.net launcher

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Excellent move.

Some great deals in there and this is exactly what I said they should have done, pass savings onto consumers in order to drive adoption rather than rely on forcing users to adopt their store with very anti-consumer exclusivity deals. Generosity goes a long way.

This is a step in the right direction. I'll definitely be picking some of these games up because there's some very very generous deals in there. If they stop purchasing the exclusivity rights to third-party titles and instead start pricing themselves cheaper than Steam, that'll be the thing that would make me adopt the EGS as a more primary launcher along with the likes of Steam and Origin which I regularly use. So I hope this is the start of more good things coming out of them, rather than just a lone moment.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
can anyone explain to me why all this hatred towards EGS ? just cause timed exclusivities ?

There is plenty of explanation on other threads, but just to address this specific question: BO3 and D2 were financed and published by Activision, who also owns Blizzard. Blizzard's store is effectively Activision version of Uplay or EA Origin. Epic bought exclusivity on games they had nothing to do with, some about to release on Steam or with Steam store pages with forums and betas, that yanking of carpet right under your feet via moneybag is what pissed people off, with good reason, because on the PC market it has never been done before.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Ah they fixed the Hades price for the UK.

Bouuuughhhttt.

So todays got me to buy my first game there..... I am now thinking about getting Satisfactory too. I guess their tactic is working eh.

Good on them, keep it up.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
A nice move all things considered, but I still not going to bite for reasons below.

Epic's client did god knows what with my steam data without my permission, and I have no reason to believe it was just for their hacky and privacy violating friends import feature before they used the official APIs. Also, Epic is looking to more or less strangle out anyone else with margins so thin it just keeps up the store then increase their margins when nobody can fight against it

also Destiny 2 and BO3 thing is more like origin or uplay with a company putting games on their own client (like fortnite on epic's launcher)

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still seeing USD when I add anything to the cart. I'm holding off on buying anything until that changes. Have they said when the sale is going to end?

adinsx

Oct 30, 2017
This is some aggressive marketing, they are losing money just to put people on the store.

I mean, we win ofc (for now at least), but for how many time they will continue to do this?

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what they're cooking up to keep people spending, though. Sure, I'll take free games, sure, I'll (try to) take Control for $18, but they're basically training the audience to act exactly like what they criticized Steam did, if not more so.

And I don't mean this as a "gotcha", I don't care about them being hypocrites, changing their mind is good, I'm just not sure how sustainable that is, they're losing money in some of these sales from what others have said, Steam never loses money, at most they don't make any like with third party key sellers.
The thought process is probably that getting people used to spending money in their ecosystem, even at a discount, will ultimately make them more willing to spend money in general. As far as the training for sales thing, I think that's the norm now regardless, and they can probably mitigate the issue somewhat by making their sales more random rather than clockwork sales on Steam.

VatticWave

Mar 2, 2018
This is tremendously surprising. I liked the store just for the free games, and now they're giving one free game per week until June... Holly Molly

Also, Subnautica: Below Zero for 6€, my gosh.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I still don't agree with Epic's exclusivity practices or regional pricing mess, but partially refunding people who bought games full price two weeks before the sale is a nice move. I hate it when I but a game right before it goes on sale. Hades is looking pretty sweet at $10 off...