• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
User warned: drive-by posting
Very disappointed at many of the reactions to this. A long history of heinous business practices causing a deliberate fragmentation of the PC market, and yet for some, all is forgiven with a -$10 sale.

Still not putting a cent into this store, but thanks for inadvertently reminding me about Stories Untold. I'll gladly download a free game off Epic's dime, at least.

Don't @ me; this thread's going on ignore in a few seconds.

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
What ever happened to "sales are bad, they teach costumers to not pay full price" or whatever?

Well at least Epic is slinging its money around in a way that actually benefits users for a change.

Unfortunately, I am still not interested in giving them my money.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Cool.

....but imagine doing a store-wide sale with no shopping cart, forcing people interested in making purchases to have to worry about how their CC company will interpret several individual purchases in rapid succession from a vendor not regularly purchased from.

At least people can spread the purchases out since it's a month-long sale.

Hmm BL3 is $49.... Do they charge tax?
put it in the cart and answer your own question.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Got John Wick. I was going to get it day 1 so no point not pre-ordering at £4.39.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
It's admittedly a good pro consumer move so I can't really criticise Epic, especially when (as silly as it is) it goes back on a bad stance i.e. no sales.

Still not buying anything though, I won't support 3rd party PC exclusivity

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That the store has no connection with Uplay, so once the game is redeemed they are unable to unredeem it (as well that all mtx goes through uPlay so they get 0 from them).

Also, all you guys buying games, you know there is a nice PC era thread to discuss about PC ya know?

C'mon. Even the OP of the PC gaming thread is in there now talking about how he's gonna feel free to be condescending and shitty to "people that work against their own interests."

Nobody wants to talk about EGS games in there because it's just gonna inspire rants and arguing.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
C'mon. Even the OP of the PC gaming thread is in there now talking about how he's gonna feel free to be condescending and shitty to "people that work against their own interests."

Nobody wants to talk about EGS games in there because it's just gonna inspire rants and arguing.
I mean, there are discussion about EGS quite calmly as long as you are not an asshole. But sure, continue doing that.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sales are cool but holy shit is that store bad. Like it's mind boggling how a company that develops games and software can't come up with something better.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Very generous of Epic to eat the discounts, but training consumers to expect ~70% discounts on games that aren't even out yet is surely a great move for the longterm health of the platform.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
But was it? If you put an item in your cart, you will see the final price. His own question answered, and faster than he could have typed the question. lol

Sales are cool but holy shit is that store bad. Like it's mind boggling how a company that develops games and software can't come up with something better.
It really is unfortunate that we can't at least put multiple items on a single order. If you wanted to make a few purchases right now, you pretty much have to call your credit card company in advance so that an alert/stoppage isn't triggered.

I'm all for store-wide sales, but this would have been nice if it was announced along with the release of the shopping cart. It's just silly.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
That the store has no connection with Uplay, so once the game is redeemed they are unable to unredeem it (as well that all mtx goes through uPlay so they get 0 from them).

Also, all you guys buying games, you know there is a nice PC era thread to discuss about PC ya know?
I don't think this was an issue that they are looking into. It was most likely already considered while making their deal with ubisoft that they get 0% from the mtx...and probably one of the reasons Ubi went with them.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
put it in the cart and answer your own question.

What cart?

To be more sincere I'll continue on and elaborate on why I think you are being unnecessarily rude here. I was wondering the same thing earlier. Since it's an Ubi game I'm not really sure if I could have completed it anyway, but I was wondering if I'd be taxed on Anno. When I clicked on the purchase link I get taken to Billing form with no price anywhere on the form and a checkout button at the bottom. I was a little worried that clicking the button might complete the order as opposed to taking me to a final "Complete Order" page, but I filled in my PayPal information anyway. Due to store issues, this just hung up and proceeded to go nowhere.

So, I still have no idea if there's sales tax.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Very generous of Epic to eat the discounts, but training consumers to expect ~70% discounts on games that aren't even out yet is surely a great move for the longterm health of the platform.
Shouldn't be a problem at all. Steam has big seasonal sales and people buy games in between those big sales too.

It wasn't rude. I was telling him to put it in the cart because he'd see the final price there. Stop over-complicating the shit.

wellpapp

Aug 21, 2018
Gothenburg
Maybe this'll push Valve to bring back the 75% drops (on equally new games) on Steam. Not giving Epic any money, but I'll gladly grab the freebies.

Coconico

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
These prices are insane . Metro exodus is 5$ and control preorder is 17.99$ in my region.

In the Middle East, Saudi Arabia specifically.

As someone in the US, the only thing on my mind:

529550576e155900442c1cfb5c1c6289.gif

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017

Why would anyone who doesn't mind EGS and/or this sale want to frequent a thread where the OP says things like "Maybe when people stop working against their best interests I'll stop being shitty and condescending about it. Deal?"

No good reason at all.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Did you read the rest of my post? I tried to start the process of purchasing Anno 1800 and I still don't know the answer to this question.
If you dont see it when it's on the checkout page then there is no additional cost.
No one can tell you if there are additional costs or not because it varies on region so you'll have to find that out on your own I'm afraid.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
I'd pre-order Borderlands 3 if I knew that I could play it with steam players once that version came out. Anyone know if there is any chance that this could end up being true?

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Is there no way to add things to a "cart" and then checkout just one time instead of having to each thing one at a time?

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3
I'm in the Middle East and prices are okay, but nothing to write home about. 50$ for Control is nice, but I might as well get it for 35ish on cdkeys or something when it lands.

Bloodlines isn't even available.

Last edited:

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the problem is that they have disabled purchase of all Ubisoft games (as Nooblet said), so you will not be able to end the purchase of Anno 1800.

OK. Yeah. So the issue is just that they have not done a good job here of conveying the issue with Ubi games. Though you can't search for them on the store, you can find them via Google searches. Once there, there is no indication that you can't purchase. You get an error message on the cart-ish page, but it still displays forms to enter payment information and a disabled Checkout button.