• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Observation & Outer Wilds are must-buys. They're fantastic adventure games, and impossible to resist at $10 off.

Outer Wilds is my current GOTY. I'm playing it on console because of Game Pass but I wouldn't hesitate to grab it on PC otherwise. It's incredible and a steal at that price.

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EGS giving away Subnautica was a genius move IMO. It was the Killer App - for me anyways, that got me to use the platform. It's easily my favourite game I've played in 2018/19. I've never used Origins - just not as impressed by EA's offerings since Mass Effect 3. I also do not use UPlay - I figure if it's available on Steam I'll just wait for a sale from Steam or one of the major key resellers.

One of the reasons I'm reluctant to move off of Steam is the fact that I've been a user since it was released in 2003 and I've gotten crafty with getting discounts and free games. I usually am able to cop a free game or two just from re-selling cards during one of the major sale events. Aside from Steam and GOG which fills a different niche of old games, I'm not really interested in using other platforms and I haven't noticed a discernible dip in quality of life by not having EA Games in my life.

Epic Games Store successfully roped me in with their free offerings and they've kept me in with their exclusives. I've already bought Subnautica's Sub Zero Expansion, Detroit: Become Human, Ashen, Journey and Outer Wilds from them due to their sales event. I know this probably sounds like a shill, but I've been pretty happy with the store. There's a couple of minor inconveniences with the interface (No shopping cart? Really?) but overall, I can't see why the internet hates it so much.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ended up refunding Control for the time being. Probably going to grab it on PS4 Pro. Quantum Breaks PC Version is a mess and I'm not willing to put up with that.

The sale is nearing the end. Thinking of snagging Outward. Any recommendations?

Sean Mirrsen

Banned
May 9, 2018
EGS giving away Subnautica was a genius move IMO. It was the Killer App - for me anyways, that got me to use the platform. It's easily my favourite game I've played in 2018/19. I've never used Origins - just not as impressed by EA's offerings since Mass Effect 3. I also do not use UPlay - I figure if it's available on Steam I'll just wait for a sale from Steam or one of the major key resellers.

One of the reasons I'm reluctant to move off of Steam is the fact that I've been a user since it was released in 2003 and I've gotten crafty with getting discounts and free games. I usually am able to cop a free game or two just from re-selling cards during one of the major sale events. Aside from Steam and GOG which fills a different niche of old games, I'm not really interested in using other platforms and I haven't noticed a discernible dip in quality of life by not having EA Games in my life.

Epic Games Store successfully roped me in with their free offerings and they've kept me in with their exclusives. I've already bought Subnautica's Sub Zero Expansion, Detroit: Become Human, Ashen, Journey and Outer Wilds from them due to their sales event. I know this probably sounds like a shill, but I've been pretty happy with the store. There's a couple of minor inconveniences with the interface (No shopping cart? Really?) but overall, I can't see why the internet hates it so much.
I got Subnautica for free, then immediately packaged up the client and swore off using it for all time. Nothing but benefit on my end. :P

Honestly, there's so many good games out nowadays that Epic's strategy of exclusives is no longer effective. I can live without every single game they buy for their store, and their store client is such a disgrace that even publishers are pulling games out of it because they have no way to simply opt out of a sale. Steam and GOG combined offer far better value for my money.

The free games are good, but they're hardly a reason to stay around. Freebies and exclusives aren't a reason to prefer Steam or GOG to anything, why would EGS be different? Its only outstanding differences are overwhelmingly negative for us players.

R1CHO

Oct 28, 2017
Did I dream about the games being cheaper?

I was going to buy Metro, and it says it's full price… minus the 10 bucks. But wasn't the other day cheaper?

The web says the sale ends June the 13th.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
Tweeted Sergey a million times, I wish Epic would increase the price of games in certain regions so we could get the 10 USD discount and pay the same as Americans. In my region, TWD games are all $13, and final season is 6.75. Journey is more expensive that the US or EU stores. A lot of others games are similar.

The only real deal is Control for $16 with the discount, and Outer Wilds for $10.99. Everything else, I'd rather have US pricing.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna bite on Anno but I see being able to pick it up for $20 within the next six months. Picked up Observation which is promising so far but kind of gave me a headache.

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought Anno to play with my wife, it took forever to download and now it has to launch through UPlay too, which is stuck saying "Allocating disk space". It's been like this for like half an hour with no progress. What on earth is going on? Anyone have this experience?

Darktalon

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
After the whole debacle of Hades price being raised, and people defending it saying they don't want their product price being devalued, they sent an email out today advertising that it's 50% off to anyone who got transistor for free on EGS.

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
It seems Anno 1800 is 20% off on Uplay - and I THINK you can take another 20% off with Uplay points, so the price should drop to around 38 euros instead of 60, which is the same as EGS.

I would try that and buy it on Uplay, but I'm still on the edge, and waiting for Steam Summer Sale to get Anno 2205 with all DLC for 12.5 euros, which should satiate my Anno hunger. 1800 still looks nice and tempting tho :/

dimus96

Nov 16, 2018
Poland
Watch Dogs 2 available again (now with Ubisoft promo and Epic 10$ off). Price in Poland for this game - 5,92$. Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Far Cry Primal, The Division 2 available to.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It seems Anno 1800 is 20% off on Uplay - and I THINK you can take another 20% off with Uplay points, so the price should drop to around 38 euros instead of 60, which is the same as EGS.

I would try that and buy it on Uplay, but I'm still on the edge, and waiting for Steam Summer Sale to get Anno 2205 with all DLC for 12.5 euros, which should satiate my Anno hunger. 1800 still looks nice and tempting tho :/

1800 is awesome, but you can only use the 20% off coupon for games older than 3 months. 1800 came out in April I think. Epic Store was 37.99 so I ended up doing that and got it on UPlay without having to use the EGS launcher which is nice.

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
1800 is awesome, but you can only use the 20% off coupon for games older than 3 months. 1800 came out in April I think. Epic Store was 37.99 so I ended up doing that and got it on UPlay without having to use the EGS launcher which is nice.
That is good to know - I was wondering is it shackled to EGS, even though the game is running from Uplay. If that's the case, and I decide to bite the bullet, I'll get it on EGS.

...and I'll blame you for spending 38 euros even though I've got plenty of other games to play :P

Darktalon

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
The first day of the EGS sale, Hades was priced $7.99 (Base price was 19.99, and was on sale 10% to 17.99). Then Supergiant raised the price of the game to $24.99 without warning. In fact, that exact same day they had tweeted they would not be raising prices without fair warning in advance.

Not even a few hours later, they secretly raised the base price of the game, and caught a ton of flak for it (also that's illegal to do in Europe), so they quickly decided to lower the price back down to 19.99.

StorzOO

Oct 28, 2017
I was wondering is it shackled to EGS, even though the game is running from Uplay. If that's the case, and I decide to bite the bullet, I'll get it on EGS.
Anno is UBI game, the game will link to your Uplay account after you purchase from EGS, and you don't even need EGS to download or launch the game once it is linked, you only need Uplay to download and launch the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh dammit, Ghost Recon Wildlands is £12.49, putting it just below the threshold for the £10 discount. If they bumped the price up by £1.50, I'd certainly buy it for £3.99.

(Watch Dogs 2 and Far Cry Primal are the same price too...)

Still, Division 2 for £22.49 is a decent price.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Right, with Ubisoft back on the store there are some new bargains around. The Division 2 is down at €30, Wildlands, Watch Dogs 2 and Far Cry Primal are all €5. Anno sits at €37 because the publisher discount is lower than with The Division to begin with, they're both normally overpriced (€60). Omen of Sorrow (not Ubisoft, but new on the store) can be pre-purchased for €5. Metro Exodus seems to have dropped its publisher discount and has gone back up in price to €50, a weird choice given that they are trying to flog non-discounted season passes at €24.

And of course Outer Wilds at €10.99 is still a steal. Gonna have to grab some stuff before the sale ends. Note that it ends on thursday next week! Not sure exactly when (and then there's timezones to account for), so get your deals in on wednesday.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Is it confirmed you don't need to load egs with ubi games? Might pick up far cry primal for 5 dollars if it goes straight to my Uplay account.

erekiddo

Electric
Oct 25, 2017
After the whole debacle of Hades price being raised, and people defending it saying they don't want their product price being devalued, they sent an email out today advertising that it's 50% off to anyone who got transistor for free on EGS.

Is it 50% off on top of the $10 Epic discount? How much is it currently? (I already bought it but will refund if it ends up being lower than $9.99)

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Interesting that Ubisoft is back. I guess avoid most of the sale to push people to Uplay full price purchases and then at the last minute offer it in Epic's sale.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

I got Transistor for free. Hades still shows as $19.99 without the Epic discount.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Question for anyone else who bought Ubisoft games on EGS: is it even possible to install them through EGS? Tried to do it with Wildlands and it was just stuck on "loading" forever. Downloaded it through uPlay instead, thankfully the purchase behaves just like a uplay code even if it sits in your EGS library. No need to launch EGS to play.

One weird thing though: There's a lot of DLC for Wildlands, two story packs in particular (discounted on uplay if anyone is interested). But they're not even for sale on EGS? Like, there's just the base game, no DLC available to buy. Is that on the roadmap too?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Question for anyone else who bought Ubisoft games on EGS: is it even possible to install them through EGS? Tried to do it with Wildlands and it was just stuck on "loading" forever. Downloaded it through uPlay instead, thankfully the purchase behaves just like a uplay code even if it sits in your EGS library. No need to launch EGS to play.

One weird thing though: There's a lot of DLC for Wildlands, two story packs in particular (discounted on uplay if anyone is interested). But they're not even for sale on EGS? Like, there's just the base game, no DLC available to buy. Is that on the roadmap too?
They found more issues with Ubisoft games in EGS so yeah, probably one of those is that loading forever bug

And yeah DLC support is one of the things on the roadmap (or at least was last month).

jayvo

Oct 27, 2017
Well, this sale ends today. I only bought Hades, Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls. Couldn't decide if I wanted Observation and Close To The Sun, so decided against it.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
In the end all I got was Hades. Other stuff looked good, but not good enough to commit to. I've heard good things about Outer Wilds though. I considered TWD Final Season for $5 until I found I had completely missed TWD A New Frontier, and if the latest game reads save games from before (does it?) then those will be on PS4 when I eventually get it (A New Frontier was pulled from Steam).

UPDATE: The Final Season does read saves from New Frontier, or via the cloud where you can use their Story Builder tool, except that's apparently been down since January.

Last edited:

wsbceo

alt account
Banned
Apr 29, 2019
Sale ends today. I grabbed Observation and Outer Wilds. What else should I grab that is new to EGS as of a week or two ago?

h0mebas3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anything PC exclusive you all suggest I get? Don't want to let it go to waste :)

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
Bought Ghost Recons Wildlands.... download was super slow. Finally go boot it up, and now it has to install through Ubisoft too? What the hell was the point then lmao