• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
fFW5I61.png

4/21/19: Due to asking here is a beginners guide for new players.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EpicSeven/comments/bfruq2/f2p_progression_guide_for_beginners_30_days_to/

One of the few mobages I have been looking forward too. Oh, and Matthew Mercer is voicing one (or more) of the characters in this for those of you who love the guy.

Link to press release

https://www.facebook.com/notes/epicseven/epic-seven-official-press-release/733413296998792/

Link to pre-registration page

https://epic7.smilegatemegaport.com...ciAFfgOepFVpmbmGl1sOZ6NoGZ0n0S9v66EH6s0967eEQ

Discord server

https://discord.gg/CTetAqC

For those of you who love Valkyrie Profile like team formations, beautifully animated sprite work, amazing summons, character collecting mobages, and don't mind one of the worst (best) gachas ever. This game has your name written all over it.

What? The re-roll thing? Yes. Unlike other gacha games where you generally create an account, go through 1-2 tutorial stages and then pull is a little differently here. First of all, re-rolling is not available until you clear chapter 1 (10 stages). This takes about 15-30 minutes depending on play speed. Then, once completed the game gives you THIRTY, yes THIRTY 10-pull attempts (300 pulls total). After every attempt you can choose to keep the pull and end it there, or keep on. Once you find a 10-pull you like you keep it and that's that. If, after 30 pulls you don't get what you want the game data can actually be deleted INSIDE the app itself to allow you to quickly go through the process again.

So why did I say (worst) gacha? Honestly, just because outside the 300 pull start the rates are quite low. However, even 3* and 4* units are amazing in this game. In fact one of the top tier healers is currently a 3* unit that is quite easy to acquire.

Here are a few videos. First one is the global trailer. Second is a gameplay preview.

Re-roll me if this was already posted.

Last edited:

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
fFW5I61.png

One of the few mobages I have been looking forward too. Oh, and Matthew Mercer is voicing one (or more) of the characters in this for those of you who love the guy.

Link to press release

https://www.facebook.com/notes/epicseven/epic-seven-official-press-release/733413296998792/

Link to pre-registration page

https://epic7.smilegatemegaport.com...ciAFfgOepFVpmbmGl1sOZ6NoGZ0n0S9v66EH6s0967eEQ

Discord server

https://discord.gg/CTetAqC

For those of you who love Valkyrie Profile like team formations, beautifully animated sprite work, amazing summons, character collecting mobages, and don't mind one of the worst (best) gachas ever. This game has your name written all over it.

What? The re-roll thing? Yes. Unlike other gacha games where you generally create an account, go through 1-2 tutorial stages and then pull is a little differently here. First of all, re-rolling is not available until you clear chapter 1 (10 stages). This takes about 15-30 minutes depending on play speed. Then, once completed the game gives you THIRTY, yes THIRTY 10-pull attempts (300 pulls total). After every attempt you can choose to keep the pull and end it there, or keep on. Once you find a 10-pull you like you keep it and that's that. If, after 30 pulls you don't get what you want the game data can actually be deleted INSIDE the app itself to allow you to quickly go through the process again.

So why did I say (worst) gacha? Honestly, just because outside the 300 pull start the rates are quite low. However, even 3* and 4* units are amazing in this game. In fact one of the top tier healers is currently a 3* unit that is quite easy to acquire.

Here are a few videos. First one is the global trailer. Second is a gameplay preview.

Re-roll me if this was already posted.

Re-rolling is for cowards!

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some would say so. Given there are so many good units in the game though that is definitely why they probably give you 300 chances.
Even though I never re-roll in these games, I still appreciate that they give people who absolutely must have the highest ranked units the option. I'll probably try this game at least once but no recent gacha game has sticked for me

OP
OP
LordGorchnik

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
I thought so as well until I actually started playing. For me its the 4 man battle formation a la Valkyrie Profile and the high quality animations that pulled me in.

Given that all the characters are good and can be used makes the game easier to play.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
That second video won me over.

LordGorchnik I don't know how to feel about you bringing this to my attention. You're willingess to share information is awesome, but you're putting a third Gacha onto my phone.

OP
OP
LordGorchnik

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
New Update:

Launch has been confirmed to be November 2018. Less than a month to go. Most likely will launch the week of Black Friday to get on that Gacha $$$ hype.

Hey, Heirs! We've got some very exciting news for you all today! Epic Seven will be launching globally NEXT MONTH! That's right, you'll be able to see all your favorite characters in English and Traditional Chinese very soon! Make sure you pre-register before it's too late! Everyone who pre-registers will receive some great rewards once the game is released. Pre-register now! https://goo.gl/HzSvyJ

Official website: https://goo.gl/kS2ALW

https://www.facebook.com/5838353252...l-todayepic-seven-will-be-la/734419410231514/

OP
OP
LordGorchnik

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Pre registered a few days ago. Besides Sdorica Sunset I'm looking for a new gacha and this sounds cool. Super excited.

Sdorica is looking good as well. I am super excited for this one as the team looks like they are going to match/ramp up our client to go alongside the original KR version which is definitely good to see.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
This game looks absolutely incredible...but it's a Korean auto-battle gacha game. I just can't get excited because they all devolve into the same game. I hope to be proven wrong, but looking at impressions, gameplay videos, and so on...I'm not holding out hope.

OP
OP
LordGorchnik

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
This game looks absolutely incredible...but it's a Korean auto-battle gacha game. I just can't get excited because they all devolve into the same game. I hope to be proven wrong, but looking at impressions, gameplay videos, and so on...I'm not holding out hope.

If you like character collectors you will enjoy this. There are 4 additional game modes as well to do along with story, PvP, Maze, Battle Tower, and one other that escapes me. You are not wrong though at the end of the day everything comes down to "Can you party beat X?" Never hurts to try but if you hate it, no time lost. Game is very friendly to those starting out.

aSqueakyLime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England
Sdorica is looking good as well. I am super excited for this one as the team looks like they are going to match/ramp up our client to go alongside the original KR version which is definitely good to see.

Yeah for sure. FGO being 2 years behind always soured me on it back when I played, so it's nice to see other games actually try to close the gap.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
I have heard really good things about this so I'm very excited for the global release

OP
OP
LordGorchnik

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
New update:

They are looking for people interested in Community Management. Rewards include $50 of in-game currency and more. You can apply on their facebook site.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Is this also launching in Europe? I know it says "globally", but I learned that this doesn't necessarily include Europe, coming from an Asian publisher.

OP
OP
LordGorchnik

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
OP
OP
LordGorchnik

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Standard "auto-battle, korean gacha games with PVP" concerns. Hey if they can keep the insane power creep under control, by all means, I'm in.

Nothing is generally considered OP in the KR version. PvP in gacha games will always be favored by whales. Given that they are controlled by AI though you can work that somewhat to your advantage. However, all the PvE content can be played and cleared easily without paying. While auto-battle is a thing if you do not pay attention you will miss random chests, power-ups, portals to other worlds to get powerful items, etc. There are also 4 other non-story related modes to keep you entertained.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'll definitely check it out as it looks amazing but I doubt it will manage to pull me away from Dragalia Lost! :P Did anyone else get Vanillaware vibes?

OP
OP
LordGorchnik

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Friendly reminder that the game is so gorgeous it turns off HD mode by default so be sure to enable it if you decide to start playing.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
It's got my attention.

Time will tell if it manages to hold it for more than a few weeks.

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just so people know you can only pull at most one 5 star per 10 pull. This could be an artefact or a character so don't try rerolling for 2 5 stars

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Did some research, and I think I found the genki character I'm rolling for, but I also learned about a limited character that I really want. Don't know if I should start this weak, or wait and reroll later

OP
OP
LordGorchnik

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
For battery-life reasons?

Yeah it starts in battery saver mode by default but its not a huge save. If youre charging or at home definitely keep HD mode on. Saver mode already looks great but HD mode is glorious.

Where can I see the characters I can reroll for

Why hello there Yari finally burn out on GBF? :)

https://pigheadgaming.com/all-heroes/

Its not ALL as it doesnt have the most recent two. Sez, Destina, and Ravi are the top 3 people go for.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I know Sez is supposedly the best re-roll choice, but he's a guy so...Ravi it is!

I go with my heart. Always.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it starts in battery saver mode by default but its not a huge save. If youre charging or at home definitely keep HD mode on. Saver mode already looks great but HD mode is glorious.

Its not ALL as it doesnt have the most recent two. Sez, Destina, and Ravi are the top 3 people go for.

Alright, thanks for the clarification! I really hope it wiill be fullscreen on an iPad like Dragalia and unlike FGO, HD mode on that display in fullscreen will be droolworthy. The only better thing I might have seen so far would be Muramasa on my OLED Vita. (I still only have a IPS PC monitor and a Samsung TV from 2012)

And thanks for the link too! How dependent is the game on having the "best" units vs. going for the units you actually like?

Yari

Oct 25, 2017

yes, I hate GBF now. Thanks I like Destina and Ravi

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
And thanks for the link too! How dependent is the game on having the "best" units vs. going for the units you actually like?
From what I've seen, the game has frequent biweekly balance updates, and the difference between characters is not especially game-changing as a result, so rolling for love rather than power won't gimp you so hard (especially since 3*s and 4*s benefit more from being promoted than 5*s do).

That being said, there are some characters that are so completely OP that they're in a tier of their own - but the most notable one is locked behind a special gacha that requires a special currency that you can only get something like one roll a month, so not really worth considering. Just be aware that you most likely will not be competitive in PvP (not that anyone on RE actually cares about gacha PvP).

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Welp I didnt know I needed this till I saw it.

OP
OP
LordGorchnik

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
2 days until launch. As Yu stated the game has over 1 million pre-registrations. We should be getting more info regarding actual time launch and launch incentives soon.

This is the designers philosophy

3-4* units = Great on their own
5* units = Amazing but only in certain setups

You can clear all the story and side SP content with 3-4* alone. Almost every unit in the game is actually good.

If you want to be top in PvP though be prepared to shell out massive amounts of $$$$.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
What seems weird is that there's no multi-pull. Good luck getting your favourite character from a banner doing single pulls.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
From what I've seen, the game has frequent biweekly balance updates, and the difference between characters is not especially game-changing as a result, so rolling for love rather than power won't gimp you so hard (especially since 3*s and 4*s benefit more from being promoted than 5*s do).

That being said, there are some characters that are so completely OP that they're in a tier of their own - but the most notable one is locked behind a special gacha that requires a special currency that you can only get something like one roll a month, so not really worth considering. Just be aware that you most likely will not be competitive in PvP (not that anyone on RE actually cares about gacha PvP).

Okay thanks for the explanation, I'll see what units I want after the game launched and give myself an overview. Generally with new IPs I tend to be happy with the first 5* unit I get unless it's very bad gameplay-wise somehow. Sounds like this game has a few things to look out for but yeah I guess that kind of unit and rolls are mostly just for hardcore players.

That said the PvP sounds like a huge bummer. So there aren't any normalized stats in PvP like in Blade & Soul for example where stats are mostly equalized so it comes down to actual player skill and strategy? If so yeah, that seems like PvP wouldn't be enjoyable for the average player, I actually never played a gatcha game with PvP before.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Okay thanks for the explanation, I'll see what units I want after the game launched and give myself an overview. Generally with new IPs I tend to be happy with the first 5* unit I get unless it's very bad gameplay-wise somehow. Sounds like this game has a few things to look out for but yeah I guess that kind of unit and rolls are mostly just for hardcore players.

That said the PvP sounds like a huge bummer. So there aren't any normalized stats in PvP like in Blade & Soul for example where stats are mostly equalized so it comes down to actual player skill and strategy? If so yeah, that seems like PvP wouldn't be enjoyable for the average player, I actually never played a gatcha game with PvP before.
I think PVP is AI based.

OP
OP
LordGorchnik

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
No countdown as the specific time hasn't been released. I would join the discord linked above for any further updates. They post them as soon as they are seen.

OP
OP
LordGorchnik

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
So, OP what are the best characters to pull?

Join the discord for all the relevant info and guides but as far as 5* go you want: Sez, Destina, or Ravi

You can only pull one 5* from the reroll gacha once completing 1-10 though. Do note that this games 3 and 4* are quite capable of finishing all story content just fine.

Game launches tomorrow!

OP
OP
LordGorchnik

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
We have another official update, game launches on November 8th 0:00 UTC (So about 7.5 hours from now). Will update the front post.

Prepare your rerolling macros.

Status
Not open for further replies.