• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really appalled you could actually say you care about the game, yet find a patch with a new story event format and so many rewards to get from it "underwhelming"...
People want different things? Like I'm disappointed that you seem to believe that because you're happy everyone else should be too.

While it's nice they're adding a new side story type, the new event is effectively a harem dating sim as far as the patch notes seem to suggest, as a straight woman do you really think I'm THAT excited about that? Truly? Between that and Luna's abhorrent design, is it really that difficult to see why I'd be rather underwhelmed with the patch notes?

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Oh thank god, finally the Luna banner so everyone can move past it.

I'm at an awkward mid-point where I can't afford a full 120 yet (ironically more so 'cause I went for Tamarinne), so I'll try a couple of summons, but will most likely walk away without Luna and keep saving for the next limited. And I'm OK with that, since I already have Kise, Chloe and Karin. Not like my water team is super lacking.

Really surprised by the buffs for Mages. Glad to see it, though, since I do have an undeveloped Tenebria, and Zerato warrants another look after, sure. Tamarinne buff is greatly appreciated. Good stuff overall.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Neat patch! They really buffed Tamarinne, and with the S3 cooldown only resetting at start of battle that makes her really cool =). I have enough Skystones for Luna, but I actually want Tamarinne more and like her kit better. Problem is Luna has a pity rate and Tamarinne doesn't. It would really suck if they overbuffed and had to nerf her later. I think they can touch the numbers but not the resetting of cooldowns.

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
People want different things? Like I'm disappointed that you seem to believe that because you're happy everyone else should be too.

While it's nice they're adding a new side story type, the new event is effectively a harem dating sim as far as the patch notes seem to suggest, as a straight woman do you really think I'm THAT excited about that? Truly? Between that and Luna's abhorrent design, is it really that difficult to see why I'd be rather underwhelmed with the patch notes?
Yeah, really not negative at all. I suppose you don't care one bit about the mage buffs either? Or the very fact that they are at least willing to be buffing crappy heroes?
Once again: it's normal to voice criticisms towards the game's many shortcomings, but maybe realise that initially reducing this whole patch to "Luna is gross I don't care for her, not like I had any expectations we would get something good either way" can hardly be seen as being constructive? Because it really reads like you actively wanted to feel underwhelmed beforehand.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, really not negative at all. I suppose you don't care one bit about the mage buffs either? Or the very fact that they are at least willing to be buffing crappy heroes?
Once again: it's normal to voice criticisms towards the game's many shortcomings, but maybe realise that initially reducing this whole patch to "Luna is gross I don't care for her, not like I had any expectations we would get something good either way" can hardly be seen as being constructive? Because it really reads like you actively wanted to feel underwhelmed beforehand.

I've been saying the last few weeks that this game's community has to be the most demanding and complaining community I've come across yet for a gacha. It's actaully kinda crazy bc I feel this game does so many things right. At this point I'm pretty sure there are always going to be folks who are upset that their particular issue is not addressed. My issues haven't been addressed yet but the game is still just a few months old.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On the negativity, it can feel unnecessarily high. Between the detailed patch notes and apparently regular dev notes I feel like the game provides a fairly solid amount of communication to the player. What it doesn't have is a direct back and forth on the communities most pressing concerns or a direct time line on when features discussed in dev notes can be expected; so players, particularly on the reddit, seem to be on a loop of they're not listening to us but maybe the changes we hope for are on this patch! they aren't!?; which while understandable doesn't feel particularly reasonable.

Hopefully the game soon reaches a point where things like character progression are addressed, because I really do enjoy the core gameplay, but it remains annoying that so many characters in my box are just collection dust because I can't gear them even if I wanted to.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I hid the fact I wasn't really expecting much from the patch. It was always going to be a fairly small patch. So why would I expect the world lol?

What is your problem really? Why do you have such a big problem that people may find something "underwhelming" because lets be real here, it's you who made this into a bigger deal than it should have been. I don't even think calling something underwhelming is that horrifically bad like you seem to. I didn't even bring up my concerns with the new event until you decided to suggest you were appalled that I dared to not find a harem side event that interesting.

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I hid the fact I wasn't really expecting much from the patch. It was always going to be a fairly small patch. So why would I expect the world lol?

What is your problem really? Why do you have such a big problem that people may find something "underwhelming" because lets be real here, it's you who made this into a bigger deal than it should have been. I don't even think calling something underwhelming is that horrifically bad like you seem to. I didn't even bring up my concerns with the new event until you decided to suggest you were appalled that I dared to not find a harem side event that interesting.
I only started addressing your previous post because you somehow felt the need to defend the insane criticism thrown at the game by saying it was all quite normal, rejecting the fault on the devs for not fixing things.
When all I ever said was that I found the community to be needlessly negative each and every week.

My issues haven't been addressed yet but the game is still just a few months old.
That's where I'm standing as well. I can see some criticisms being completely justified, but most of the points have been addressed by the devs in their latest dev notes, so I'm just waiting to see what they will do about those in the coming months.
And if at one point I feel like it's not heading in the direction I would wish for I will just start playing something else, I suppose. ^^

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I only started addressing your previous post because you somehow felt the need to defend the insane criticism thrown at the game by saying it was all quite normal, rejecting the fault on the devs for not fixing things.
When all I ever said was that I found the community to be needlessly negative each and every week.
I was trying to explain why the criticism might seem heated. You seemed to disregard that because apparently you were "appalled" that I didn't care for a harem side story.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I've been saying the last few weeks that this game's community has to be the most demanding and complaining community I've come across yet for a gacha. It's actaully kinda crazy bc I feel this game does so many things right. At this point I'm pretty sure there are always going to be folks who are upset that their particular issue is not addressed. My issues haven't been addressed yet but the game is still just a few months old.
I dont think thats true - like always their is a vocal minority that loves to complain in these games....but plenty of people are quite happy with the state of the game and dont understand all the bitching.

I complain also from time to time but at the end of the day its still a rather young title and the devs have adressed alot of issues already.
Got my first 6* yesterday: Sigret. Put that Abyss Gear on her with life leech. Her CP went down a few thousand points, I hope life leech is worth it. But the set isn't completed yet and I still have to do some upgrades. Now I "only" have to level her to 60 and 6*-awaken her.

Will now work on getting Rozid and Taranor Guard (I think it's him, or one of the other guards, not sure) to 5* to unlock their special quests. I will also spent most of my crystals for Fan-Lady pulls tonight. I am not interested in that idol-character, but Fan-Lady seems pretty strong. And you never know what you get out of bigger pulls, so more opportunities to work on my teams ^^
Congrats on your first 6*.
Do you mean Axe God ? Because Taranor Guard doesnt have a Speciality Change quest.

You mean Bella ? You just missed her banner i dont think she will be featured in the new one. She just plays a big part in the new side story.

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
I was trying to explain why the criticism might seem heated. You seemed to disregard that because apparently you were "appalled" that I didn't care for a harem side story.
No, I was (and still am) appalled that you would not mention this big part of the update in your first opinion. Like it just didn't exist and this patch was just bringing Luna.
We get it: you're not fond of this event already. Doesn't change the fact that it exists and is quite a big chunk of content update.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to not be salty.

You have gear, which makes and breaks characters. Playing for 6+ hours a day since day one and not having a single character above 50k will make anyone salty. The layers of RNG in this system are bonkers. First, the piece. Then the main stat. Then the substats. Then the enhancement of the substat. Then the range the substat will increase. That's two layers of crap too much.
You have status effects, which for some reason has a 15% always-resist mechanic. I've failed floor 73 of abyss dozens of times because whoops my two stacks of poison got resisted at 15%! So sorry!
You have the gacha, which is standard salt. I spent 1550 bookmarks and didn't get the banner unit. That's a 95% chance to get the banner unit, and I did not. Yes, it's salt.
You have molagora, which make early decisions in the game extremely important and irreversible. Having 30+ molagora on characters I literally never use and no way to get them back? Yeah. I'm salty.
You have the equipment swapping cost. You want to try a new character in a team? Pay 200k+ just to try them out. That's a salt load of gold.

So while I think the community complains about weird stuff sometimes, this game is an RNG-filled mess. Someone can play for 20 hours and literally be as strong as someone who has played for 200 hours all because of the systems of the game. And not because of natural powercreep. People that start later should catch up. But when all of your team power is based on RNG garbage, that is not right, and it's incredibly frustrating.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to this new side story, looks fun and I love Bellona.

Glad they finally pressed the Luna switch too. People will move on and focus on other things. I think I have enough to draw her although I'm not sure I'd have the team to make her work. But missing her will end up in regrets so...

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
No, I was (and still am) appalled that you would not mention this big part of the update in your first opinion. Like it just didn't exist and this patch was just bringing Luna.
We get it: you're not fond of this event already. Doesn't change the fact that it exists and is quite a big chunk of content update.
So what you wanted to air my apathy for the new event in my first opinion instead of my later one and wanted me to create more negativity? You're appalled over that?

I would have thought you'd be happy that I kept that one back since you seem to really not like others sharing their "negativity".

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's good to have Luna "out of the way" but I can't see it calming things down. I imagine the more day to day issues will just get highlighted further.

No, it's not. It's another sidestory, it has a slightly different format which is nice. But the side story content so far has been both mediocre in terms of content and extremely anaemic in terms of story content to grind ratio (which I dont find unrealistic given the frequency they come out at but it still is what it is). Nothing in the patch notes suggests this will be markedly different. I am certainly happy that they are trying to innovate in terms of structure. But at the same time I think you are really over-selling how meaningful one sidestory event is. It also doesnt meaningfully affect the state of the game with regards to most peoples main issues i.e. gold acquisition and expenditure, molagora acquisition and expenditure, layered RNG on gear, gear acquisition and upgrades, catalyst acquisition, stamina refresh, etc.

Last edited:

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
User warned: sexist condescension, attempting to shut down criticism of sexism
So what you wanted to air my apathy for the new event in my first opinion instead of my later one and wanted me to create more negativity? You're appalled over that?

I would have thought you'd be happy that I kept that one back since you seem to really not like others sharing their "negativity".
Oh ultimately I would have preferred for you to just not say anything, yes, if that's what you so wish to hear.
"Luna is gross I don't care for her so this whole patch is underwhelming" really adds nothing to the table in the end, and this is certainly not some constructive criticism that will help the devs make a better game. Let's just say that it was really not giving me the example of how it all came from someone loving the game and wishing to make it progress...

You could have been voicing your concerns over an event you feared might lean too much on the dorky side of the anime sphere, with the all too stereotypical and used up harem cliché, and I could actually have been agreeing with you on that point. Arguing that, at least, they were testing some new things and formats instead of relying on the same structure over and over again. And that the rewards seemed good, at least.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
After I stopped trying hard with the game I'm enjoying it more, slowed my pace a lot but the struggles were minimized to the point I don't get pissed with the game anymore. I still don't have luck with hunt and gear , so I hope they address this in the future, at least fix the huge gamble which is the steel workshop to remove some layers of RNG and enable you to aim for specific pieces of gear.

About negativity: people can feel different about the same thing and they have their right to express themselves, criticize how people "feel" about something is pointless. It's like you trying to dictate how others should feel which is silly

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
My girl is hereeeee thank god I didn't build Tara Guard, was hoping for her as the def breaker for my wyvern team.

Tama buffs are great, people still have to recognize that her stats are still ass (still has att % awakenings). Healing in idol might be a bit much though.

You have gear, which makes and breaks characters. Playing for 6+ hours a day since day one and not having a single character above 50k will make anyone salty. The layers of RNG in this system are bonkers. First, the piece. Then the main stat. Then the substats. Then the enhancement of the substat. Then the range the substat will increase. That's two layers of crap too much.
You have status effects, which for some reason has a 15% always-resist mechanic. I've failed floor 73 of abyss dozens of times because whoops my two stacks of poison got resisted at 15%! So sorry!
You have the gacha, which is standard salt. I spent 1550 bookmarks and didn't get the banner unit. That's a 95% chance to get the banner unit, and I did not. Yes, it's salt.
You have molagora, which make early decisions in the game extremely important and irreversible. Having 30+ molagora on characters I literally never use and no way to get them back? Yeah. I'm salty.
You have the equipment swapping cost. You want to try a new character in a team? Pay 200k+ just to try them out. That's a salt load of gold.

So while I think the community complains about weird stuff sometimes, this game is an RNG-filled mess. Someone can play for 20 hours and literally be as strong as someone who has played for 200 hours all because of the systems of the game. And not because of natural powercreep. People that start later should catch up. But when all of your team power is based on RNG garbage, that is not right, and it's incredibly frustrating.

I feel like they'll address these but slowly. I think they're afraid of knee jerk reactions/changes, evident by the lief energy increase.

I will say I HATE the base 15% chance to resist debuffs. Imo it's the dumbest mechanic in the game. I know people will say "oh but it puts in an element of surprise or has you adapt", you ass I adapted by building my character in a certain way with effectiveness to overcome effect resistance. If they're able to counter with effect resist, fine they built it that way. But automatically losing because you didn't land debuffs (and even stripping buffs is affected by this base chance which is bullshit too) is dumb

Sorry for the mini-rant

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

What is your Kiris' effectiveness at? I went in there with over 100%, got one resist but it worked out ok in the end. I think she's still wearing all the gear I pulled off of 4 different characters and I never used her again so that's awesome. I think some kind of CC on the healer mobs is also necessary.

You got 5* spooks during those 1550 and had crazy luck with banner units before Violet so Ein pls. I spent almost that much for Cecilia and didn't get a 5* period but I had faith it'd even out eventually. And we all know what happened there. Let the salt wash over you. become one with it.

anyways no argument about the RNG and molagora shit...gear RNG is what made me quit every Korean online game I ever played before this one. I do think they are working on solutions for at least molagoras though. For gear, well, we have some welfare stuff coming from the event and season 2 of pvp, it'll have to do. My Cidd everyone thinks is so great is literally wearing almost nothing but the preset Labyrinth shit, I never get ANYTHING from hunts. But the free stuff has taken me pretty damn far.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
What is your Kiris' effectiveness at? I went in there with over 100%, got one resist but it worked out ok in the end. I think she's still wearing all the gear I pulled off of 4 different characters and I never used her again so that's awesome. I think some kind of CC on the healer mobs is also necessary.

You got 5* spooks during those 1550 and had crazy luck with banner units before Violet so Ein pls. I spent almost that much for Cecilia and didn't get a 5* period but I had faith it'd even out eventually. And we all know what happened there. Let the salt wash over you. become one with it.

anyways no argument about the RNG and molagora shit...gear RNG is what made me quit every Korean online game I ever played before this one. I do think they are working on solutions for at least molagoras though. For gear, well, we have some welfare stuff coming from the event and season 2 of pvp, it'll have to do. My Cidd everyone thinks is so great is literally wearing almost nothing but the preset Labyrinth shit, I never get ANYTHING from hunts. But the free stuff has taken me pretty damn far.
BUT I DIDNT WANT THOSE SHITTY UNITS

GIB VIOLET

tenor.gif

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017

I want you to know you are not alone in disliking harem elements creeping into this game. Ridiculously big breasts are something we have to and have learned to deal with in the gacha space, but if this proves successful, who knows where else this will go. I certainly don't want the chance to marry any of my units ever.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I want you to know you are not alone in disliking harem elements creeping into this game. Ridiculously big breasts are something we have to and have learned to deal with in the gacha space, but if this proves successful, who knows where else this will go. I certainly don't want the chance to marry any of my units ever.

You mean you don't want to marry Krau?

1dbd4474-bf0e-4544-98vk71.jpeg

Blasphemy.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

I want them to keep going and never stop until I can marry Yufine Bellona Cidd

draconuszero

Oct 28, 2017
Are there still free slots in any of the Era guilds? My leaving guild cooldown ran out.

And as an aside, it looks like my Idol artifact followed by Tama pulls might work out in my favor. Now to awaken and level her lol

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Oh ultimately I would have preferred for you to just not say anything, yes, if that's what you so wish to hear.
"Luna is gross I don't care for her so this whole patch is underwhelming" really adds nothing to the table in the end, and this is certainly not some constructive criticism that will help the devs make a better game. Let's just say that it was really not giving me the example of how it all came from someone loving the game and wishing to make it progress...

You could have been voicing your concerns over an event you feared might lean too much on the dorky side of the anime sphere, with the all too stereotypical and used up harem cliché, and I could actually have been agreeing with you on that point. Arguing that, at least, they were testing some new things and formats instead of relying on the same structure over and over again. And that the rewards seemed good, at least.
So are you now saying that people have to write up a dissertation on the release of every single patch note to aptly be able to criticise it?

I just still don't really understand what you want me to say honestly. Like I'm sorry I'm underwhelmed by a patch that is overwhelmingly aimed at a audience I'm not a part of. I'm not interested in Luna's horrible sexualised design, as far as I'm concerned it is a massive step back for female designs. No one fights in a leotard like that in real life, and her breasts are so stupidly unrealistic that her back would probably break if she was a real person. If you want to know why I didn't say more about Luna in my original post it's because it's such a tired topic that I can't really be bothered to go into it more. The side event just furthers this idea that they're wanting to target the waifu lovers in this one, and that's not a direction I like.

If I really disliked the game, I'd already be gone. I play many different gacha games, I play many different console/pc games, I'm not dying for games to play. I stick around because I think the game has some really good aspects, and if the issues were finally addressed it would be a fanstastic game. But I can't help but be disappointed when instead of any of my issues being fixed they decide to aim towards the waifu crowd which kind of makes me feel like I'm not welcome since it's in-part demeaning my gender.

Thanks. Yeah I've got tough enough skin to put up with the poor designs if I deem the game to be worth it(though in the recent Langrissr's case that was enough for me to say no straight off - if they don't care enough about my gender to do at least some less pandering designs then I don't care about their game), after all one of my favourite genres is JRPGs and well, that's not a genre known for it's care and grace in that area. That doesn't mean I'm not going to complain about it when it happens though. I'm still a firm believer you can design sexy female characters without making them demeaning, well, like Luna.

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
So are you now saying that people have to write up a dissertation on the release of every single patch note to aptly be able to criticise it?
Do you absolutely have to take every point and ride them aaaaaall the way to the extreme opposite to make yours?
Because I'm sure you're aware there's a whole world of possibilities between a dissertation and a drive-by post that basically reads as "patch sucks, not that I am surprised". And once again, I only referenced your post because you were the one defending constructive criticism in the very first place!

As for your other points, I think that sadly the waifu ship has sailed a loooong time ago. And that's a bit of a shame, I agree: I want nothing more than an Helga SC to bring her back into the spotlight, but I'm really frightened as to how they could change her look now...

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Do you absolutely have to take every point and ride them aaaaaall the way to the extreme opposite to make yours?
Because I'm sure you're aware there's a whole world of possibilities between a dissertation and a drive-by post that basically reads as "patch sucks, not that I am surprised". And once again, I only referenced your post because you were the one defending constructive criticism in the very first place!

As for your other points, I think that sadly the waifu ship has sailed a loooong time ago. And that's a bit of a shame, I agree: I want nothing more than an Helga SC to bring her back into the spotlight, but I'm really frightened as to how they could change her look now...
I mean I do enjoy exaggeration I admit, but you point does read as if people shouldn't make complaints if they can't back it up which seems a rather odd kind of policing.

I'm all for constructive criticism, but sometimes when new news comes out you just want to post your reaction, and I think that's fine? There was a number of other posters who were looking forward to the new patch without really constructively saying why, and that's fine too! I think this thread can shelter all kinds of comments and discussions.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Are there still free slots in any of the Era guilds? My leaving guild cooldown ran out.

And as an aside, it looks like my Idol artifact followed by Tama pulls might work out in my favor. Now to awaken and level her lol

We have some inactives in EpicEra, so you're more than welcome to join, and I'll clean out the trash (sorry) for you.

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I do enjoy exaggeration I admit, but you point does read as if people shouldn't make complaints if they can't back it up which seems a rather odd kind of policing.

I'm all for constructive criticism, but sometimes when new news comes out you just want to post your reaction, and I think that's fine? There was a number of other posters who were looking forward to the new patch without really constructively saying why, and that's fine too! I think this thread can shelter all kinds of comments and discussions.
I guess I'm just a bit frightened to see this place one day become as negative as the subreddit can be, even though I also deeply know reaching the reddit levels of toxicity is probably something that is impossible to achieve anywhere else. ^^
Maybe it's just me being a bit too wary about "meh, don't like" posts, and reading too much into them, then.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
We have some inactives in EpicEra, so you're more than welcome to join, and I'll clean out the trash (sorry) for you.

I wouldn't mind an invite as well, just started up but I'll log in regularly and contribute.

Made it through 10-6 on story so far without resorting to 5*-ing anyone but the Destina I originally got. The NPC supports are pretty powerful to make it through the content. My strategy has been to just bank souls, apply an attack buff/defense break, and then use the second guardian you get to wipe out boss mobs and then whittle down bosses. I use Nemunas a lot to delay combat readiness on enemies and Azalea to slow their speeds, then I can pick away at mobs that are high power than me while Destina heals. I switch Nemunas out for an NPC on bosses to get the buffs/debuffs going. I got a real nice 5* artifact for Destina that heals the weakest ally for 9% health when she does her basic attack.

My free January 4-5 pull was a 5* Tenebria who doesn't seem to get good ratings. I pulled a Carmainerose who is also a fire mage so I think I'll focus on building her up instead as she has better ratings. Her, Kiris, and Angelica give me a couple projects to work on until I finish the story and start unlocking units via the connections quests. And I guess get a few of those mystic summons or whatever they are. I kind of don't want to invest anything until I've spent my initial summoning resources from the story on a chance at a good damage dealer.

I think I'm around 60 summons on this current banner and all the 4 or 5*'s I've gotten have been mages or soul reavers. I guess I'll just keep pulling until I can find a suitable damage dealer but I want to stop before I hit that 121 number since I don't need another Soul Reaver.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm just a bit frightened to see this place one day become as negative as the subreddit can be, even though I also deeply know reaching the reddit levels of toxicity is probably something that is impossible to achieve anywhere else. ^^
Maybe it's just me being a bit too wary about "meh, don't like" posts, and reading too much into them, then.
I mean I'd like to think the average poster on era is above the levels of most reddit pages. :P

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind an invite as well, just started up but I'll log in regularly and contribute.

Made it through 10-6 on story so far without resorting to 5*-ing anyone but the Destina I originally got. The NPC supports are pretty powerful to make it through the content. My strategy has been to just bank souls, apply an attack buff/defense break, and then use the second guardian you get to wipe out boss mobs and then whittle down bosses. I use Nemunas a lot to delay combat readiness on enemies and Azalea to slow their speeds, then I can pick away at mobs that are high power than me while Destina heals. I switch Nemunas out for an NPC on bosses to get the buffs/debuffs going. I got a real nice 5* artifact for Destina that heals the weakest ally for 9% health when she does her basic attack.

My free January 4-5 pull was a 5* Tenebria who doesn't seem to get good ratings. I pulled a Carmainerose who is also a fire mage so I think I'll focus on building her up instead as she has better ratings. Her, Kiris, and Angelica give me a couple projects to work on until I finish the story and start unlocking units via the connections quests.

I think I'm around 60 summons on this current banner and all the 4 or 5*'s I've gotten have been mages or soul reavers. I guess I'll just keep pulling until I can find a suitable damage dealer but I want to stop before I hit that 121 number since I don't need another Soul Reaver.

Tenebria is receiving a buff on this patch , so it might help you , give it a look. If you have the bms go for Luna she is a good damage dealer

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

My free January 4-5 pull was a 5* Tenebria who doesn't seem to get good ratings. I pulled a Carmainerose who is also a fire mage so I think I'll focus on building her up instead as she has better ratings. Her, Kiris, and Angelica give me a couple projects to work on until I finish the story and start unlocking units via the connections quests. And I guess get a few of those mystic summons or whatever they are. I kind of don't want to invest anything until I've spent my initial summoning resources from the story on a chance at a good damage dealer.

What's your username in Epic Seven? I can try to send you an invite, but the invite function doesn't like my language settings I suspect, I hardly ever find anyone.

Tenebria is a better unit to focus on for you at this point than Carmainerose - you will need invest much more resources into Carmainerose before she gets to the level that Tenebria already is at. In the long run, she's a very good DPS dealer as well, but as long as you're still building basic teams, maybe focus on Tenebria before Carmainerose.
In a similar way, Angelica is a better healer with more utility than Destina, but you'll need to invest in her more heavily at this point. Destina carries you hard through the story though, so don't throw her out until you're done with that.

What are your other DPS options right now? Did you unlock Lorina from the connection quests yet?

There's spots in Overflow as well, and you don't even need to worship Ken to join

Which level is Overflow at right now? EpicEra is level 14 and 15 seems quite far off. I'm seeing some high ranking members decline in activity, so I started to add randoms so we can keep competing in Guild Wars. Maybe it's soon time to think about guild fusion.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which level is Overflow at right now? EpicEra is level 14 and 15 seems quite far off. I'm seeing some high ranking members decline in activity, so I started to add randoms so we can keep competing in Guild Wars. Maybe it's soon time to think about guild fusion.

Level 14, about 25K xp away from 15. I've just started adding anyone who applies, people were starting to drop off and I felt it was unfair to active members to not kick anyone who hadnt logged in in three to four days so numbers were dropping down. We're at 25/29 at the moment. Actually just turned on auto accept because we ended up missing a few applicants.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I think we have one spot open too (EpicReset , I suppose we are the ken worshippers here? lol), but it seems the other guilds need more than us, so apply there first

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I'm confused, whats this harem thing people are complaining about? Is that the event? I don't understand.

I missed that too, but since the event has "good" and "special endings", that does make it sound a bit like a dating sim, so I understand the concern if that is where it is coming from.
But as mentioned earlier in this thread, as long as this means we'll eventually get to see Krau naked, I'm fine with that. Equal opportunity perving is the key!

Hey all, I tried applying for Epicera but it looks like it is full. My IGN is drac0nus.

Edited out a typo.

Oh, didn't know that you can't apply to full guilds. Need 10min!

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's spots in Overflow as well, and you don't even need to worship Ken to join

Overflow is clearly the best ERA guild. We can all agree to that.

Regarding the other stuff, I have no problem with complaining about the game - I do it all the time. Say whatever you want. But I do admit it's a bit of a drag to always see the same complaints over and over. Like ... we get it. You think it costs too much gold to unequip. It's been talked about for months. Yet with each patch there are folks complaining about gold costs. It's just not contributing anything. Some folks complain so much that I wonder why they still play the game. If I was that upset about a game I'd have left long, long ago. It feels like they are just complaining just to complain. And I'm talking about the Reddit and discord groups.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So what are all the Era guilds and which should I join? The least intensive one preferably.

IGN is OMGitsJrod

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I know I complain a lot, and I know it's annoying.

I need to stop and just step away for an hour, because after the frustration passes I really don't feel so bad.

but srsly fuck smilegate

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So what are all the Era guilds and which should I join? The least intensive one preferably.

IGN is OMGitsJrod

None are intense. There aren't many things you can do anyway. Donate, request, guild wars all benefit you more than the guild anyway :) Overflow has some spots and there are some others posted above.

I know I complain a lot, and I know it's annoying.

I need to stop and just step away for an hour, because after the frustration passes I really don't feel so bad.

but srsly fuck smilegate

You're supposed to rage pull when you get frustrated. Pull! Pull! Pull!

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I'd like to think the average poster on era is above the levels of most reddit pages. :P
I'll try to keep this optimistic yet probably quite realistic thought in mind for the next time. ^^

So, I didn't catch that earlier, but the korean server won't be getting the banner, BUT they will get the limited mechanic retroactively applied to their pulls at the time Luna was available for them? Like, if someone pulled 250 times and failed to get her, they will be credited with 2 Luna's.
That's... quite inventive, I never thought they would go out of their way to reaaaally not make the banner available one more time, all the while making it fair for the people who pulled on her before the guaranteed summon mechanics were introduced.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
For me personally I'm quite OK with the game and I like the updates they provide every week. Somehow the hoarder in me has almost amassed a 20 million gold fortune and 15k+ skystones so I haven't really felt the gold crunch people always complain about. I'm also F2P and haven't spent a dime on the game.

I'm OK with the farming and leveling (6*ing something is a real slog), but would like to see improvements to the Molagora and gear enhancing RNG system. I've got four 6* heroes pretty decently geared with +12 to +15 equipment and artifacts, but I also have 23(!) 5* heroes that I'm struggling to decide which to use and allocate my precious gear to. Finding gear upgrades and enhancing them properly has probably been the toughest for me.

I haven't had the greatest luck either. I started playing when they had the Destina and Cecilia banner, and aside from the two 5*s I started with and despite pulling on every single banner after that the only other natural 5* I managed to get was Bellona. I did get a Yufine and Charlotte (but I don't have the gear to build them) from the summoning tickets that they've given out though.

If I could start over I'd probably just try to concentrate on a core team of 4 characters and maybe 1 or 2 extras to sub in instead of spreading myself so thin. Some kind of Molagora recall system would also be pretty nice. Anyways, I'll probably try to pull Luna and depending on how many bookmarks that takes me I kind of want to get Tam now with the new buffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.