• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone want to answer a few team building questions for me? I'm trying to utilize my resources best as I'm a new player and have an abundance of them but don't want to forfeit long term plan for short term gains.

I can look up what each character prefers as far as Attack/Crit Chance/Speed etcetera but wondering if there was any other advice.
  1. Is Attack+ preferred or Attack%+ preferred? Do you want a balance of both or generally more %? Same goes with all the other stats.
  2. Speed the most preferred stat across the board it seems?
  3. Any stats or skills (counterattack/lifesteal/effect resist) to generally avoid that just aren't great or aren't end game meta?
  4. So if I were to build up Luna, I've been focusing on Crit Chance sets and optimally gear that also has Crit Damage. Should I be focusing on Attack+ and Attack% for the other two rolls or focusing on speed?

For MolaGora seeds, I've been growing the ones I've had but haven't used any. I know they are in short supply and people typically buy those first as their weekly purchases. Should I keep hoarding or throw a few into Luna?

My long term team is trending towards Luna/Fluri/Angelica/Tenebria but I expecet Tenebria to be a flex spot depending on the level. I'm working on Kiris, Alexa, Carmainerose, Requiemroar, Lorina in the background in dispatch and when I'm farming EXP for phantasmas.

For grinding EXP, are events preferred so you can buy stuff from the event stores? Or just the highest world difficulty a supporter can carry?

Thanks!

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
  1. Is Attack+ preferred or Attack%+ preferred? Do you want a balance of both or generally more %? Same goes with all the other stats.
  2. Speed the most preferred stat across the board it seems?
  3. Any stats or skills (counterattack/lifesteal/effect resist) to generally avoid that just aren't great or aren't end game meta?
  4. So if I were to build up Luna, I've been focusing on Crit Chance sets and optimally gear that also has Crit Damage. Should I be focusing on Attack+ and Attack% for the other two rolls or focusing on speed?

For MolaGora seeds, I've been growing the ones I've had but haven't used any. I know they are in short supply and people typically buy those first as their weekly purchases. Should I keep hoarding or throw a few into Luna?

For grinding EXP, are events preferred so you can buy stuff from the event stores? Or just the highest world difficulty a supporter can carry?

1. % is preferred once you have units with level 50 or above. The %-increase at that point should mostly be above the flat stat increase always. Generally you will always go for % over flat stat, with the exception of Speed, where gear will only give you flat stat increases anyway.
2. Speed is what decides PVP, so on the high level this is what people invest in. When it comes to PVE lately lots of people invest in crit and crit damage (Luna for example is mostly built for increased crit damage).
3. I think no one really recommends effect resistance or Hit as sets. You will get lots of it from substats, whether you want it or not, and there is a certain point at which those are useless, since boss enemies have a specific set effect resistance and effect hit chance that is not affected by your stats.
I don't see counter attack used much either, but Lifesteal has some specific uses, especially on tanks or some times to further emphasize lifesteal already on the character (Blood Blade Karin).
4. Most people focus on crit damage for Luna, since her passive already boosts her crit chance well. I would prefer ATK over speed, but I will mostly use her in PVE anyway, so maybe that's what you want to consider when deciding between these two.

MolaGora: Don't hoard too many of them, they're no good to you in your inventory. If you plan to use Luna, you might as well skill her up accordingly. You can't wait for the next great unit forever.

Grinding: Events have the triple advantage of:
- easy to run with nothing but fodder and a friend unit that cleans up enemies
- higher catalyst drop chance
- earns you event currency to buy stuff from the event shop

Once your event shop is cleaned out, all missions are done and you don't need the catalysts there, farming world difficulty will absolutely net you more XP. Some people also build hunt teams with 1 fodder to maximize their grind even more. So it's a bit of a compromise either way.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

Great! Thank you for the detailed response. Seems like I'm on the right path with this then. I did the SingStar event real quick last night, didn't get to grind it out, but at least collected the quest rewards. The new one is confusing to me, I've only seen one battle mission this first week, but it's probably since I'm not paying attention to the story.

So that Lifesteal Abyss set I'm currently collecting should just sit on the shelf for now...bummer its some of the higher rated armor I have so far.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any suggestions on which skills I should prioritize boosting for Luna and Angelica with Molagoras?

S3>S1>S2 for Luna, S3>S2>S1 for Angelica. Though resources are limited so unless you're going all in you want to try and get the most "bang for your buck", that usually means hitting the skill cooldowns or in Luna's case hitting Rank 4 on S3 to max the defence down.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Great! Thank you for the detailed response. Seems like I'm on the right path with this then. I did the SingStar event real quick last night, didn't get to grind it out, but at least collected the quest rewards. The new one is confusing to me, I've only seen one battle mission this first week, but it's probably since I'm not paying attention to the story.

So that Lifesteal Abyss set I'm currently collecting should just sit on the shelf for now...bummer its some of the higher rated armor I have so far.

In mid game, sets don't matter too much, the % main stat on your right side gear contributes a lot to your stats. Use and upgrade the Abyss gear, its not end-game end-game gear, but it will let you do the quests that give you the end game gear. Put 4 pieces of it on your best DPS and give him/her a preferably crit set with speed main stat boots and matching left side piece

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to pick up the Unknown Slate this morning, was a bit worried I wouldn't make it after I burned a bunch on charms to get my Angelica ready for wyvern 11. It's not a 100% but I can now auto w11! Taranor Guard can get murdered wave 1, doesn't happen too often but I need to invest a little more into his gear; Angelica can die to the wyvern depending on crits/cooldowns shake out, I'm hoping getting her another awakening level or two can clear that up; and I can fail breaking the shield if the def break isn't up for any of Kise's strikes, I really need to up her crit damage hitting for 13k with a lvl 25 Daydream joker, a defense break, and attack buff feels a bit low.

The abyss lifesteal sets are great, don't hesitate to throw them on your units until you get bettter; two of my strongest DPS(Ravi,GuiderAither) are still using them. Would Guider Aither be a lot stronger if his gear was exactly the same except instead of a lifesteal bonus it was destruction or attack? Sure, but I just don't have comparable gear in other sets atm.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
In mid game, sets don't matter too much, the % main stat on your right side gear contributes a lot to your stats. Use and upgrade the Abyss gear, its not end-game end-game gear, but it will let you do the quests that give you the end game gear. Put 4 pieces of it on your best DPS and give him/her a preferably crit set with speed main stat boots and matching left side piece
The abyss lifesteal sets are great, don't hesitate to throw them on your units until you get bettter; two of my strongest DPS(Ravi,GuiderAither) are still using them. Would Guider Aither be a lot stronger if his gear was exactly the same except instead of a lifesteal bonus it was destruction or attack? Sure, but I just don't have comparable gear in other sets atm.

Thanks, I'll take a look and throw them on Luna probably.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
NOTICE TO ALL PLAYERS

Unknown Slate and the Gladiator gear (S1) will disappear from the shop with tomorrow's update.

It was mentioned with the Bellona patch notes a while ago, but somewhat lost among the small details.
Why are they removing it? Are there new items to buy? Sucks, because I still need one armor piece but I only have 50 points at the moment. So no way to grind it until tomorrow.

Can I waste those Strength of Ilryos on Ras or is there a "better" version of Ras and should I save them like with Mercedes? I have four of those things and with just one more 5* fodder I could take Ras to 6*. I doesn't seem like a very good unit to me, but it's basically a free 6*.

And another question for forming my main team:
Silk, Sigret, Angelica and Lorina
or
Silk, Sigret, Angelica and Charlotte?

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Yes there will definitely be new items to buy, we just don't know what they are yet.

I'm glad I went all in on the Unknown Slate just to be on the safe side. Hopefully those that didn't still have enough stashed away to be able to get it in time.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Why are they removing it? Are there new items to buy? Sucks, because I still need one armor piece but I only have 50 points at the moment. So no way to grind it until tomorrow.

Can I waste those Strength of Ilryos on Ras or is there a "better" version of Ras and should I save them like with Mercedes? I have four of those things and with just one more 5* fodder I could take Ras to 6*. I doesn't seem like a very good unit to me, but it's basically a free 6*.

or

They're removing S1 gear because S2 gear is incoming. I've only really started to play in the last fornight so all I was able to get was the ring, got 600 conquest right now... at least I'll be able to get a s2 piece pretty quickly, or just give it to FKluri's quest.

Not sure on the Unknown Slate, I thought it would just refresh each season but I guess not?

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017

or

I had 4600 conquest points saved up for the eventual new item set. Glad I saw the warning on Reddit this morning or I'd have missed on the Unknown Slate.

For your team, Lorina is better than Charlotte, but you may want to keep Ras geared if you need to tank something green. Angelica can tank the rest.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
The feedback of Tamarinne post-buff convinced me to empty my stash of BM (480) to try my luck and.. I didn't get her.
Still, I got Luna's sister Yufine, so I'm not disappointed, far from it. I lacked an Earth dps that wasn't an archer, and in pvp, she's a Sez/Kise one-shot-killer.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The feedback of Tamarinne post-buff convinced me to empty my stash of BM (480) to try my luck and.. I didn't get her.
Still, I got Luna's sister Yufine, so I'm not disappointed, far from it. I lacked an Earth dps that wasn't an archer, and in pvp, she's a Sez/Kise one-shot-killer.

I've got enough for about twenty pulls and I'm wondering whether to blow it or save it for Liddica. Either way the chance is super low.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I decided against saving for Lidica because, from her encounter with her as a boss, she doesn't have much in terms of AoE or debuffs, and with Haste and Surin, Aramintha and Tenebria, I'm already well covered for red dps characters.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I've got enough for about twenty pulls and I'm wondering whether to blow it or save it for Liddica. Either way the chance is super low.

Some people think she might be a free hero, we'll find out soon.

Had two pulls for Tam right after reset, both golden, boTh 4 stars

Dupe Coli and a Maya, feels bad

Not that I can build up any character I pull for ages.... will be a long ass time befmore I can get my c dom to 6....

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Twenty pulls and the game didnt even have the decency to disappoint me with a 4*. I wonder will there be anything interesting in tomorrows patch notes (hoping that out of nowhere they add the ability to re-roll one item sub-stat ;) ) Used dupes to SSS six units for another eight pulls. Got a dupe Cidd which is better than nothing I suppose.

Last edited:

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Twenty pulls and the game didnt even have the decency to disappoint me with a 4*. I wonder will there be anything interesting in tomorrows patch notes (hoping that out of nowhere they add the ability to re-roll one item sub-stat ;) )

They need to shave out RNG somewhere, and steer the game more into team building and experimentation. I want to do that so badly but it takes ages. I don't mind the grind, I hate the RNG on top of it and I hate the pressure from the resources being so tight.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They need to shave out RNG somewhere, and steer the game more into team building and experimentation. I want to do that so badly but it takes ages. I don't mind the grind, I hate the RNG on top of it and I hate the pressure from the resources being so tight.

I agree, the resources feel far too tight. It makes assigning gear and skill ups oddly stressful.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Part of the Luna crew; what's the best build for her?

also LOL!! at the 2nd top favorite comment!

Top dps is apparently using the rage set.
More classic is speed/crit to maximize the defense break coverage, or attack/crit.

For Ravi, I'd give priority to upgrading her S1. It's that skill that make her a leech tank, that skill that is really usefull against bosses, and non-boss encounters are generally easy enough that upgrading her S3 doesnt really do anything.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
Lidica's design doesn't really interest me so I'll probably skip her. Need to recover some skystones after pulling for Luna and failing miserably at Tamarinne.

The shop gear does look pretty decent.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
A little light on big QOL improvements... shame (except for Guild Wars matchmaking, because seriously).

On the other hand, two new solid pieces of gear from the side story, and a new S2 set for the arena shop? Sure I'll take that.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That new gear looks nice. Hopefully it gives my squad a bit of a boost. Feels like I havent made any progress in the last few weeks, cant do Golem 9 because I need gear from Wyvern 9, cant do Wyvern 9 because I need gear from Golem 9 and so on.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Need to see base stats before deciding on Lidica. I do think people are sleeping a bit on miss chance though, cat crit if you miss so all that CP spent on crit damage and crit chance becomes completely useless. Depending on her speed she could be a monster in PvP.

In any case I blew a bit trying to get Tamarinne (after her buffs I think she might be completely broken OP) but only got the artifact.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess no dev notes yet, but at least the new gear looks great.

I'd certainly like a Lidica, but after the Tamarinne/Luna banners I think I'll have to pass; hopefully she spooks me later.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
My biggest worry is that after they overbuffed Tamarinne, they have to nerf her in the future, since she seems to be pretty good now.

As for Lidica, her ult looks nasty, especially in PVP, knocking them back to 0 CR with a slow means they are out of the fight unless someone boosts them back in. Not sure if bosses are immune to that

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When's the right time to use her S3? I actually have Luna as well.
Her S3 depletes her fighting spirit, which, if I understand correctly, actually decreases her overall damage with her S1. The only time you would use her S3 is in an emergency situation where you absolutely need the AoE or if you're desperate for a stun in order to survive.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Her S3 depletes her fighting spirit, which, if I understand correctly, actually decreases her overall damage with her S1. The only time you would use her S3 is in an emergency situation where you absolutely need the AoE or if you're desperate for a stun in order to survive.
Whoa! I did not know that! ok I definitely won't do that! Thanks! How about Angelica? What should I focus on?

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Mola is so scarce that I wouldn't even upgrade Ravi unless she is your primary carry through the game (she was for me). But if you need to upgrade her, only upgrade her S1. You should not be using her S3 at all (turn it off during auto).

Ravi has been extremely useful for me in all content except 4v4 arena, she's great in 3v3 guild wars. Zero regrets maxing her S1.

It was clutch for a few Abyss floors where the stun/CR reduction on a boss' allies was the difference between life and death. I use it in the raid on Juleeve and the queen when her bees come out. Also very, very nice on the counterattack and mad elites in there. It's sometimes well worth losing your fighting spirit.

One of its drawbacks is that she normally doesn't lifesteal with it which is one of several reasons I run a lifesteal set on her.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I seem to be banned again. For a charge back I never did.

If they keep this up I will actually do a charge back.

Apologies to Overflow, won't be able to do guild wars today.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ravi has been extremely useful for me in all content except 4v4 arena, she's great in 3v3 guild wars. Zero regrets maxing her S1.

It was clutch for a few Abyss floors where the stun/CR reduction on a boss' allies was the difference between life and death. I use it in the raid on Juleeve and the queen when her bees come out. Also very, very nice on the counterattack and mad elites in there. It's sometimes well worth losing your fighting spirit.

One of its drawbacks is that she normally doesn't lifesteal with it which is one of several reasons I run a lifesteal set on her.
Oh for sure, Ravi was the unit I started the game with. She's been extremely helpful the entire time I've been playing and is one of my most reliable heroes. Her S3 has definitely come in clutch in situations where I would have died if she didn't stun. I have her S1 at +3 and don't regret it.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
I'm struggling with Wyvern 7... I have a ok team... Ravi, Luna, Angelica, and Tenebria. I'd love to replace Tene with Cecelia or Sez lol! but I can't get past Wyvern 7. Thats my main team and only team and I base them on how much I like them not as far as content wise. So I'm trying to build them to complete more of the content.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I'm struggling with Wyvern 7... I have a ok team... Ravi, Luna, Angelica, and Tenebria. I'd love to replace Tene with Cecelia or Sez lol! but I can't get past Wyvern 7. Thats my main team and only team and I base them on how much I like them not as far as content wise. So I'm trying to build them to complete more of the content.

You issue (aside from lack of gear) is probably that you don't have enough debuffs to mitigate the boss dps. You should try a Crauzet (for his attack debuff, and stats competitive with 5* blue tanks for wyvern hunting), Taranor guard (More Defense break), Luna, Angelica team. Crauzet and Taranor guard are fairly easy to get, and don't require much in terms of gear to do their job. That team would probably do fine with W9, and W11, once you have them with decent gear and with a bunch of Molas invested. Maybe not W10.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
I've actually gotten to the point that I can do W10 fairly reliably using Angelica, Luna, Sigret, Mistychain. Skills are:

Luna - 2/2/2
Angelica - 0/2/4
Sigret - 2/2/2
Mistychain - 0/0/0

Mistychain is honestly pretty weak and I don't like her as much as I thought I would, but she has 2 debuffs on S2 which is a real big help. The only time I have to reset now is when the wyvern targets Mistychain on the first attack, as it will immediately kill her, or I get really unlucky and can't land 2 debuffs out of 5.

Once the servers come back up I'm planning to use the Mola pack to skill up Luna's S3 and Sigret's S1/S2 a couple more times to get some additional chance which will hopefully make it even more consistent.

Still can't beat W11 though, Angelica just takes too much damage and the debuffs get resisted too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.