• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
And today's free draw is Angelica. Who I had tried to get for a long, long, frustratingly long time. God exist!

Montmonrancy, sorry, you won't get 6*ed after all.

Pass some of that luck my way please. I think she is the only healer I'm missing now (not counting the banner ones).

I've been refusing to 6* my Destina just cause I've been using her since the beginning and I'm bored of her. Just waiting for that Angelica summon but nothing yet.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
My guild has won a few times in a row and now we've got a stacked opponent, I'm not sure I'll be able to win a single match.

So what is the purpose of fighting 3 times even if you know you'll lose. Like when my all-stars get wiped by some nat-5 level 60 team and I have to throw trash at another nat-5 level 60 team what purpose does that serve?

I just don't have enough good units fitted with gear to go multiple matches.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
need opinions on that ludwig buff, I have him, but hes been rotting in my roster since.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
My guild has won a few times in a row and now we've got a stacked opponent, I'm not sure I'll be able to win a single match.

So what is the purpose of fighting 3 times even if you know you'll lose. Like when my all-stars get wiped by some nat-5 level 60 team and I have to throw trash at another nat-5 level 60 team what purpose does that serve?

I just don't have enough good units fitted with gear to go multiple matches.

It's important for the guild to communicate and leave the opponent's weak targets for your own guild's lower-level members. If your strongest players wake up at reset and burn their 3 charges on level 40s for free wins, they're screwing their own guild over. The matchmaking has been fairly lopsided for us a few times but there were always some towers our weakest people could at least score a draw on (and vice versa).

Unless we have no chance of losing (like today) I try to put in my attacks later in the day and let everyone else go first. There's a bit more pressure but that's fine. I've yet to lose a battle so I'm obligated to take on the heavier burden. I still try to pick 'safe' targets as my first battle so I don't lose someone important early on, but I usually don't have a lot of choices by then.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Cleared Abyss 79 & 80. Did some ML summons. Otillie, dupe Axe God, and my first ML 5*.

5lca60.png

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
So does Angelica just flat out replace Destina? lol

For most content, yes. Destina is still better for some debuff-heavy pve, and is a better "tank" against blue, but that's about it. Angelica tank better anything not green,

Destina:
7% target max HP heal on S1
30% caster max HP heal on S2, 3 turns CD
35% caster max HP heal on S3 all target + cleanse, 6 turns CD

Angelica:
20% caster max HP on S2 on two targets on S2, 2 turns CD
20% target max HP heal + 15% max HP shield + 2 turns Immune on all allies on S3, 5 turns CD.

I think you can get Angelica's S2 to heal one target for 40% caster HP (so basically a 6-7k heal on a battle-ready Angelica) if you target the ally with the lowest health. And being able to do that every other turn is quite potent.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
For most content, yes. Destina is still better for some debuff-heavy pve, and is a better "tank" against blue, but that's about it. Angelica tank better anything not green,

Destina:
7% target max HP heal on S1
30% caster max HP heal on S2, 3 turns CD
35% caster max HP heal on S3 all target + cleanse, 6 turns CD

Angelica:
20% caster max HP on S2 on two targets on S2, 2 turns CD
20% target max HP heal + 15% max HP shield + 2 turns Immune on all allies on S3, 5 turns CD.

I think you can get Angelica's S2 to heal one target for 40% caster HP (so basically a 6-7k heal on a battle-ready Angelica) if you target the ally with the lowest health. And being able to do that every other turn is quite potent.

Only thing I'll add (as a new player) is that Destina seems like a much better PvP unit in cleansing/healing an initial onslaught from an opponent. If you can survive and get to her S3 you'll likely win.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You left out Destina's sizeable Combat Readiness buffs. I find Destina is better in PvP and on harder Raid content. Angelica is almost certainly better for Abyss but honestly I think you can probably just go with whichever you invested in first.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

Also is Ludwig any better with the new buffs?

They do things differently. Destina's heal output is insane when burning souls on her S1. She also has some combat readiness manipulation on her S2 and S3.

Angelica is valuable on fights that spam debuffs constantly, which is...a lot of fights. She can burn her S3 to extend its duration and make your entire party almost permanently immune to debuffs, bar dispels. She can't directly cure debuffs, aside from Wondrous Potion Vial. I kinda phased her out in the raid because of all the enemy dispellers and I like having a rez + single target debuff cures instead of immunity. But there's some fights that are incredibly frustrating without immunity (banshee 11, some abyss levels).

I finally took my Angelica to 6* last night, to tank wyvern 11 and I assume she'll be good to have in future content. But I've never thought of Destina/Angelica as freely interchangeable, at least not like Destina/Achates are. And I've had a lot of success simply bringing both of them.

okita

Oct 25, 2017

Also is Ludwig any better with the new buffs?

No, there are situations that Destina is better than angelica , for example if your team is much faster than Angelica, sometimes the debuff protection is not even worth to bother and in a specific case you have C Armin (not easy to get) , does the debuff protection better IMO plus some extra defense and party wide immunity every 3 turns and invincibility for one turn (which is weak to enemies with dispel but you will bring another healer that is not angelica with her, so you will be covered ), it depends on what you have on your disposition, for any fire content Angelica is the best option of course

Last edited:

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I use my Angelica for everything. Abyss, hell raid, etc. Green, ice, fire, etc. everything!

Oct 25, 2017
Those mystic summon packs are pretty crazy... If the mystic summon actually gets some really good moonlight characters whales are gonna go nuts

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
Finished abyss 81. Timing is key, to kill the 2 Schuri just after the ML Schuri uses the skill that revives them, so you can have time to focus on him before he revives both.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I wanted Ludwig before the buffs, now I want him even more.... I do have Crimson Armin so I could replicate the YBCD Ludwig cleave if I got gear that good.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Those mystic summon packs are pretty crazy... If the mystic summon actually gets some really good moonlight characters whales are gonna go nuts
Eh it's not that great. Remember that it costs 50 Mystic Bookmarks for 1 summon, so you're only getting 15 Mystic Summons with the pack, and the chance of getting the 5* ML is only 0.625%. It's still better than trying to collect 6 Gold Transmit Stones, but it's definitely not great, and you could easily buy out all of the mystic summon packs and not get the 5*.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
That ring from the event is a decent one for Fluri for me right now. I don't have a full speed set so making her more bulky and having an epic ring on her helps but I don't have much to enhance it right now. The weapon for Luna has been ridiculous, she does sooo much damage now. I'm one-shotting a lot more opponents in arena now. My stat rolls almost all went to Attack and it's attack sub-stat is at 22% at level 15. Wyze make sure to grab the weapon.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
That ring from the event is a decent one for Fluri for me right now. I don't have a full speed set so making her more bulky and having an epic ring on her helps but I don't have much to enhance it right now. The weapon for Luna has been ridiculous, she does sooo much damage now. I'm one-shotting a lot more opponents in arena now. My stat rolls almost all went to Attack and it's attack sub-stat is at 22% at level 15. Wyze make sure to grab the weapon.

Congrats, but most people won't be so lucky. Haha.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have much context for epic weapons, is that a super lucky roll for attack% on the sub stats? Cost me half my gold and all my greater weapon charms haha.

Substat rolls are randomized, so none of it could have gone into attack whatsoever if RNG was so inclined. For all of it to is incredibly lucky.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I've been really damn lucky with my ml summons, I think I've only gotten 2 3-star characters, from a handful of my pulls. Unfortunately no 5s, I actually want Phyllis or a healer. Yesterday before bed I pulled that guy who was basically made to delete ML ken. Not sure if he's worth investing in for PvP though, not THAT into it, not enough to get so high that I'd run into ML kens spooky enough to justify him, though I guess he could help in GW.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Well. The game broke me. I'm done. Was a fun ride, but the shitty rates and RNG are just too much.

2655 bookmarks and no banner units.

That's 50455 skystones and 98.84% chance to get a banner unit.

What poop. Have fun.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Just swapped out Tenebria and Destina for Lidica and Angelica. My damage output went down a little but Lidica can absolutely put Abyss bosses on lock. She can get two 20% combat reductions in before the enemy can move and then an S3 to entirely reset the enemy readiness and slow them to get more S1 20% reductions in. It's kinda silly but really fun. I miss Destina's S3 cleanse and soul burn but Angelica just has more utility with the 4 turn debuff immunity.

Pairing Lidica with two other fast units like Luna and Fluri that are also debuffers is working really well. Using Sword of Judgment on Lidica and while it's RNG heavy it's amazing when it lands.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
Well. The game broke me. I'm done. Was a fun ride, but the shitty rates and RNG are just too much.

What poop. Have fun.

Is this spread across multiple banners or one banner? Anyways yeah it's demoralizing af, I never pulled an on banner unit till Tammarine.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

What poop. Have fun.
Yeah, unfortunately, that's just how gacha games are. For every person who pulls the banner character on the first pull, there's someone who doesn't pull the character after thousands of pulls. Really sucks when you're that one.

Got a treasure chest from the guild. It was 100 Stigma. Are they always bad?
You can get Skystones from it. It's just random.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
Just completed Wyvern 10 with Luna, Karin, F. Kluri, and Doris. Took a few tries for the RNG of the initial dragon breath but it worked. I was initially planning on trying it with Bask and Aither but I just don't like them and didn't want to gear them up lol. I may not have a choice for Wyvern 11 though...

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
I thought for a moment that I had pulled Lidica on the new banner. I was wrong, it was Destina. I'm certainly not going to complain, since this certainly helps solve my lack of good healers, but it means I'm still looking for Fire units. I badly need anything resembling good Fire units.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
I thought for a moment that I had pulled Lidica on the new banner. I was wrong, it was Destina. I'm certainly not going to complain, since this certainly helps solve my lack of good healers, but it means I'm still looking for Fire units. I badly need anything resembling good Fire units.

That's the case for me with Earth units. I swear the game doles out Water (except Angelica), with a solid sprinkle of AOE Fire units, and nothing for Earth.

(oops, double post)

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to beat 81 by using Judge Kise to delay the Schuris' specials and spam def break on the boss. Before I tried that they would end up taking 3-4 turns to my 1. Meanwhile tier list still keeps trying to say she's not useful in PVE.

I haven't had time to try the next floor but considering I can barely beat Arakahan in the hell raid I don't see how I'm supposed to do this. Yeah I've gotten lots of great characters and I have tons of 6*. But it's not like I'm making any gear progression, nothing ever drops and when it does I get shit rolls. My best damage dealer has been wearing the exact same gear since November (aside from his boots). I finally got an attack set weapon with good substats, thought I'd be able to replace his Uberid weapon, nope it's getting all minimum rolls. I've crafted almost nothing but boots and I've never gotten good speed boots, ever. Not even bad boots with 8 speed.

I can beat Wyvern 11 now, but it's very sketchy. I'm not sure how people are using Angelica to tank it, outside of a Diene off-heal. I get my gear isn't the greatest but I'm long past the point where Water's Origin only goes off when she gets crit. If I go below that she just dies to it in 2 rounds. I suppose I could go heavy tank with her and swap out Yuna for Ice Rose with an Aurius but I'm not sure if her attack up + combat readiness can make up for Yuna's speed up and 15k+ S3 hits. I might bite the bullet on the swap cost and put Bloodstone on Yuna instead, but her single target damage outside of her S3 might not cut it. I also prefer having Rosa Hargana on her in the raid and in pvp. I use Yuna a LOT actually.

Rikoris spec change could be hype. He may have been nerfed but he still has a dispel, a def break and a party cooldown reduction. After a spec change I could definitely see him becoming an essential support like he used to be. I got him the very same day he got nerfed and only ever used him as my level 5 defense team, but I might get a head start on leveling him once I'm done with Edgy Vildred.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I had 8 BM as of this morning. Decided to spend 5 because what the hell, I could still use another 3* artifact for XP or 3* hero fodder. And Lidica arrived.

I'm starting to think the trick is to expect nothing.

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone can tell me what purification does for Abyss? I've done it twice but I didn't notice anything
You get money/stigma in exchange for an abyss entry ticket. Basically if you don't want to use your daily abyss tickets or you can't (completed all of them), then you use the purification three times for a little bonus.

The more of the abyss you have completed, the more you earn with each purification.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
So after gearing up Angelica and Lidica I'm able to compete in Guild Wars a lot better.

My main team of Luna, Fluri, and Destina has no real problems as long as I chose fire/water opponents. Luna instantly wipes any level 50 unit and then Fluri can provoke the healer and then I just chip away.

My other team of Lidica, Tenebria, Angelica is a lot more tricky, have to make sure I'm up against Fire/Earth opponents but I can use Lidica's S3 to stall out the main DPSer and then Tenebria's S2 stalls them even further so I can get Angelica's shield up. I don't have good DPS so it's usually a knock down drag out fight and I usually lose a unit making my second/third matches tougher.

Won all 3 battles today, feels good to be able to contribute after basically going 1 for 11 since I started participating. After I build up the sub pool a bit more I'll want to join an Era guild.

Oct 25, 2017
Whilst clearing out the event shop, I've gathered enough Phantasmas to make another 6-star.

Should I boost one of my Soul Weavers (Diene, Angelica, Tamarinne, Achates) or save for a future unit?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "common wisdom" is to go with a DPS "carry" unit first to help farming. I went with Destina first and didnt regret it. Of the ones listed Diene and Tama are marginally more useful across the games full range of content but Angelica is arguably more useful in the most important gearing content. I'd go with Tama or Angelica, if not them Diene and Achates would be my last choice.

Oct 25, 2017
The "common wisdom" is to go with a DPS "carry" unit first to help farming. I went with Destina first and didnt regret it. Of the ones listed Diene and Tama are marginally more useful across the games full range of content but Angelica is arguably more useful in the most important gearing content. I'd go with Tama or Angelica, if not them Diene and Achates would be my last choice.

Thanks for your input! I'll probably go with Angelica

Status
Not open for further replies.