• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
My account has been blessed with Soul Weavers! I just got Ruele of Light from ML Summon, so now I have:

Nat 5: Destina, Diene, Tamarinne, Ruele
Nat 4: Angelica, Achates, Lots (3), Rin (2)
Nat 3: the usual suspects, Elson (3), Requiemroar

I've been using Destina, Diene and Angelica in most things. I guess Tamarinne can replace Diene for some PVE content, and Ruele for PVP? Or maybe I should just work on my DPSes?

I kind of want to try Ruele + Diene + Commander Lorina + Luna in raid, since it gives a whopping 35 morale, no immunity and inconsistent def break might be a problem though.

Also thinking about Shadow Rose + Tamarine + Ruele/Angelica + Luna, which has lots of CR push to make sure Luna hits often and hard

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.facebook.com/notes/epic...ews/821737768166344/?fref=mentions&__tn__=K-R

Takeaway:

They're bringing back free unequip events, seemingly very soon.
They're implementing pets, one of which will be able to auto-loot chests.
They have QoL features planned for auto-mode (this may be auto repeat, fast forward, etc) for this first half 2019.
They're considering expanding the goblin content for gold.
They're adding new 4* heroes.
The collab will drop in mid-April.
They're reworking the catalyst system a bit, noting specifically that they're shuffling what needs epic catalysts.
They're implementing real-time co-op content, like guild PVE raids and world bosses.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
They're implementing real-time co-op content, like guild PVE raids and world bosses.

They better not tie up unique rewards to that system and leave it purely optional.

In Honkai Impact 3, some rewards are co-op only, and as a result, with the community spread over 6-8 mission nodes and 3 difficulty modes, I'd often end up launching a mission, and wait 15 minutes in vain for 2 players to join, before giving up and do something else.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They better not tie up unique rewards to that system and leave it purely optional.

In Honkai Impact 3, some rewards are co-op only, and as a result, with the community spread over 6-8 mission nodes and 3 difficulty modes, I'd often end up launching a mission, and wait 15 minutes in vain for 2 players to join, before giving up and do something else.
It won't be real time in that sense. It'll be like other turn based games. Guild Wars is considered real time, for a frame of reference.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017

This part I'm not sure about. The response was to a question about real-time co-op content, but the answer doesn't really fit in with that:

We're preparing a few things, like an enormous monster that everyone must combine their strength to take down within a set time period as well as other types of non-collaborative PvP.

"Within a set time period" and "as well as other types of non-collaborative PvP" makes me think this is not actually real time co-op content. I think they are describing a traditional world boss system like King's Raid

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
I just started this game and im not sure im doing it right, im on chapter 5 now and my team consists of Ras, ludwig, Destina and Romann. I had a generic Taranor knight developed a bit for a tank like unit but i pulled a Rose who seems like a non generic tank so might develop her. I was around while the Luna banner was up but only ever did single pulls cuz i wasnt sure how to do a 10 pull summon or if this game even has an equivalent of that kind of multi summon.

i have about 1k skystones now and idk if i should continue hoarding or spend them. I also have Dingo as my only notable Warrior available and Nemunas as my only ranger but i do have infinity basket artifact so Im kind of hoping to get a notable ranger at some point. i have two theives of note Roozid and Surin. I figure I should just continue with the story to unlock stuff and do things like Labyrinths and explorations and chapter sidequests, but is there anything i'm neglecting or any good advice or tips im simply unaware of?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and even if all y'all can do is point me to some game resources it'd be greatly appreciated. ^^b

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
i have about 1k skystones now and idk if i should continue hoarding or spend them. I also have Dingo as my only notable Warrior available and Nemunas as my only ranger but i do have infinity basket artifact so Im kind of hoping to get a notable ranger at some point. i have two theives of note Roozid and Surin. I figure I should just continue with the story to unlock stuff and do things like Labyrinths and explorations and chapter sidequests, but is there anything i'm neglecting or any good advice or tips im simply unaware of?

I'd advise saving your skystones for a limited banner that you really want. On your ranger deficiency, I recommend doing the connection quest for Silk. That's a free unit and one of the best rangers in the game. She's good with Infinity Basket too because she's pretty fast. (click the table on the left in the bar to get a list of all the connection quests you can do)

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I just started this game and im not sure im doing it right, im on chapter 5 now and my team consists of Ras, ludwig, Destina and Romann. I had a generic Taranor knight developed a bit for a tank like unit but i pulled a Rose who seems like a non generic tank so might develop her. I was around while the Luna banner was up but only ever did single pulls cuz i wasnt sure how to do a 10 pull summon or if this game even has an equivalent of that kind of multi summon.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and even if all y'all can do is point me to some game resources it'd be greatly appreciated. ^^b

I recommend continuing the story and doing Labyrinth and Abyss on the side (they all use different resources).

Its all single pulls in the game. Hording is up to you and whether you feel lucky. Regular banners have a 1.25% 5* unit rate of which only 0.8% is the featured unit. Limited banner where the unit doesn't join the general pool afterwards have only a 1% rate, but you are guaranteed to get them after 121 pulls.

Gameplay wise, Destina makes a great tank by building HP on her. Dingo is very under-rated, especially if you have someone else on your team to inflict bleed like Surin. I would go with Destina, Dingo, Surin plus someone who can inflict DEF break debuff. Taranor guard is one of those (not to be confused with Taranor Royal Guard), and he's useful but just doesn't look cool.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After getting c. armin to 56 I finally beat Abyss 81. Team was c Armin(tank), Tamarinne, Luna, and Bellona. The team immunity and having the invincibility for s3 was invaluable. Weirdly enough the schuri's still gained team CR when hitting an invincible team; not sure if they're coded different or it's just technically possible to crit on invincible.

Abyss 82 was a little more annoying than the hell version between unable to be buffed lasting the duration of his vulnerable period and the white bugs being able to steal buffs. Traded Luna for Ravi here as she's way more durable.

Abyss 83 was rough, my team ended up being Tama(tank), Fluri, Luna, and Bellona. The semi-perma stun was really annoying. It seemed like when the crystal revived it had varying amounts of health so just killing it with arky didn't seem as reliable as I wanted it to be. Fluri's dispel was great for peeling the crystal when it felt like it revived with too much health(saving orbs in the process) as well as clearing the bubble on the boss.

I'll try abyss 84 in a couple of days probably. I didn't get ML Aramintha but my galaxy marks did get me Dark Corvus; he doesn't seem well rated for PVE, but as someone who still uses Ravi just about everywhere I think I'll invest in him at some point as he seems to fit a similar sort of niche. I don't have a golem 11 team and his s2 is a major investment so it likely won't be anytime soon. Although I haven't tried ithe hunt yet maybe I'll see if I can get him a rage set as that'd increase the damage on his s3?

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Draggyrider : Thanks so much for your input I'll look into fielding that team. I do like the MC a lot but I imagine he's probably under par as in most gacha games.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
lol, someone from my guild gave me the final Special Alarm Loop I needed and then an hour later it dropped for me, rng gonna rng.

Struggling with Dominiel on Nixied Floor 2, I can get to her with +morale but once I kill off both spirits I don't have enough speed on Angelica to keep the healing up or power on Luna to burn her down. Still stuck on Abyss 58 too, that one is a mystery to me right now.

Starting to farm Wyvern to gear up, it's definitely my roadblock now, my team is too slow.

Edit: guild just hooked me up with last Dreamtime circuit I needed too. Just need one ID and a couple more epic runes to fully awaken Luna.

Last edited:

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
They're reworking the catalyst system a bit, noting specifically that they're shuffling what needs epic catalysts.

Also, it doesn't exactly say this. It just says they're going to reduce the supply and demand imbalance. They could do this by reducing the demand, which is what you suggested, or by increasing the supply. Or some combination of the two. There's quite a few different ways they could go about this though, and I expect it won't be a very dramatic change (because they've said on multiple occasions they don't like to make dramatic changes).

If I had to guess, it would be something like the ability to buy 1-2 epic catalysts a week for conquest points or guild points.

If they reduce catalyst requirements then it will screw over all the people who recently awakened a unit to 6* and they'll have to deal with people complaining about that, so it's likely they would instead increase supply, either through very minor increases in drop rates, or through allowing you to get them in some other way besides dropping in adventure as mentioned.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They have refunded molagora spent when they reduced the number of molagora required for skill levels. There's no reason they wouldn't do it with catalysts.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Since I was only one ID away from a fully awoken Luna, decided to keep going for it. Got it in about 200 stamina, performed the final awaken, CP goes from 56k to 57k lol (usesless health boost, the 5th awakening attack boost was worth it)...

Basically I think they understand for how hard to get they are not worth it. I'm not sure they'd put in a store for them, as the side events kind of serve that purpose, but I would like to see guilds be able to trade for epics and/or just make them more worth it, i.e. boost the awakenings moving forward and retroactively. I could also see them being tied to enhancing the character gear sets they mentioned.

But yeah I'd be bummed if they all the sudden buffed the drop rates. If they buff drop rates it's hard to compensate players, who knows how much stamina people spent to get them, but if they reduce the awakening costs they could always refund the difference.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled a bit and ended up with Schuri and the Song of Stars artifact so now I have a notable Ranger but torn on which artifact to use XD. Also with Surin and Dingo and now Schuri I worry my team leans too much into fire so I'll have to look out for neat water units. I have Ludwig for a earth unit though I get the impression he's only alright.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Been pulling anything above 605 bookmarks to see if I could nab Charles, got Haste instead. I'll take it, needed a thief and something to block healing. Also glad now I farmed all the catalysts in the Charles side story haha. I think a Haste and Lidica team are going to do work on earth types.

Too many projects though, haven't finished Fluri or Axe God either.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Beat abyss 54 and 55 today. Quite happy about that. Was too lazy to do 56, so I purified. Onwards tomorrow!

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Sweet just got a Silk from the summons. Might run double rangers in some scenarios now.

Silk with Infinity Basket and Shcuri with Song of Stars would be pretty good setup I think. Infinity Basket is one of Silk's recommended artefacts and since it increases ally assist attacks it should help with Schuri's Song of Stars.

I would work on adventure, try to 100% each area for the bonus rewards. I save for the 605 bookmarks, then I use the rest as I see fit but I know a lot of people also just roll as they get bookmarks.
Use friend's supports to help clear adventure requirements. A friend support can't check off the requirements but you can bring in weak units then swap to a support.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the tips I'll keep that in mind and hoard 605 bookmarks until there's a limited banner that catches my eye.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
I've been really bad about saving. I've been pulling as I get bookmarks, but I haven't gotten anything good since Luna. I guess I'm gonna save up for whatever this collab event is. I only have 24 bookmarks, 605 is going to take quite awhile.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Thanks for the tips I'll keep that in mind and hoard 605 bookmarks until there's a limited banner that catches my eye.

Yeah, I spent 300~ and got Luna, then I tried Lidica and wasted my remaining 200 + 100 on Charles with pretty much nothing to show for it. Meanwhile my daily pull gets me a Schluri and a Karin this week.
RNG at its best I guess. I'm back up to 400 bookmarks but I'm running low on easy skystones now. Looks like just dailies and weekly arena lump for a while.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I drove myself down to exactly 0 bookmarks and skystones to get Lidica (she came on the very last one I had) on day 1 of her banner. I'm almost back at 121 summons since then, I spent about 15 total on random yolos and finishing off a gold transmit stone. So assuming you get the monthly subscription pack that's 3-4 weeks to save up 605 bookmarks. Less with reputation achievements and story stuff of course, but I didn't get any of that since then.

As for my current progress, I finally beat Hell Karkanis last night. I used Lidica, Luna, Ruele (potion vial) and Angelica (frontline w/candlestick). I had the fight completely 100% under control at first and it was a great run in terms of RNG - I only missed out on a few rounds with Luna due to debuffs and I actually took some risks with Lidica attacking with a debuff on. But by the time he was around 10% hp he was so fast and hitting so hard it was just a scramble to stay alive long enough to get enough souls for one final Arky blast. He could lap Angelica on the turn meter and do enough AOE damage to damn near kill Lidica outright (mine is around 10k hp and survived with a pixel). The best part? He dropped literally nothing. The only drop I got from the run was from a trash elite. All that struggle for nothing but a raid token (need 10 for a piece of gear). I thought they said they fixed this shit.

I also beat Azimanak 11 a few times after some experimentation. In this case double healer and Yufine/Bellona got it done. Yufine was only 55 too.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Abyss HP remains a joke. Do I really have to afk half an hour fighting Cecilia? Couldn't they just have halved her HP? Quartered it? I can't believe Reddit threw a fit when one of us here wrote in-depth about why abyss feels like a waste of time.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Abyss HP remains a joke. Do I really have to afk half an hour fighting Cecilia? Couldn't they just have halved her HP? Quartered it? I can't believe Reddit threw a fit when one of us here wrote in-depth about why abyss feels like a waste of time.

Are you using Joker on your DPS? After a certain HP threshold its the way to go , the HP of the bosses are huge to the point the 3* artifact becomes BiS

okita

Oct 25, 2017
My main DPS is C.Dom using a Kaladra. Should I swap? I have heard a lot about joker, but never bothered upgrading it.

In this specific case I don't think so (don't have her so I can't say for sure) and she hits like a truck with the right setup from what I've seen , Do you only use her as a DPS? I beat up to 65 and usually I go Healer + 3Dps to go faster (or 2 healer in case I need more heals and Defense)

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
In this specific case I don't think so (don't have her so I can't say for sure) and she hits like a truck with the right setup from what I've seen , Do you only use her as a DPS? I beat up to 65 and usually I go Healer + 3Dps to go faster (or 2 healer in case I need more heals and Defense)

My setup is C.Dom, Sez, Phyllis and Tama. The first two bring the hurt, and the latter two keep me alive. Sez is a controversial choice, but his multi-hits buff C.Dom considerably and his heal block has come in handy a good couple times. Maybe I should swap Phyllis out, but she really adds a lot of tankiness to the party, and nothing would be more agitating than losing to a poorly-timed crit at the very end of battle.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
My setup is C.Dom, Sez, Phyllis and Tama. The first two bring the hurt, and the latter two keep me alive. Sez is a controversial choice, but his multi-hits buff C.Dom considerably and his heal block has come in handy a good couple times. Maybe I should swap Phyllis out, but she really adds a lot of tankiness to the party, and nothing would be more agitating than losing to a poorly-timed crit at the very end of battle.

Sez have a good S3 which would hit harder for sure with joker, but if you rely on the S1 + proc combo to buff C. Dom with dust devil or Rhianna, changing it can be disastrous, sincerely I don't think Sez is ideal here (an easy option would be yuna , with AOE on her s1 and S3 but she doesn't have debuff on her kit) , one thing I'm not seeing is an armor breaker in your team which would be the best debuff for C. Dom with Kal'adra to do damage , you should consider bring one and do some tests , kill an enemy fast helps with survival too ...

You probably already know, C.Dom benefits a lot of higher Critical Damage instead of speed and her soulburn is key to do some crazy damage (your team should be much faster than her with high crit chance I believe, to buff her properly too)

Last edited:

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Sez have a good S3 which would hit harder for sure with joker, but if you rely on the S1 + proc combo to buff C. Dom with dust devil or Rhianna, changing it can be disastrous, sincerely I don't think Sez is ideal here (an easy option would be yuna , with AOE on her s1 and S3 but she doesn't have debuff on her kit) , one thing I'm not seeing is an armor breaker in your team which would be the best debuff for C. Dom with Kal'adra to do damage , you should consider bring one and do some tests , kill an enemy fast helps with survival too ...

You probably already know, C.Dom benefits a lot of higher Critical Damage instead of speed and her soulburn is key to do some crazy damage (your team should be much faster than her with high crit chance I believe, to buff her properly too)

Oh yeah. My C.Dom is built for high crit rate and damage. She isn't really the problem in my composition if I have one. For def breakers, I only really have Requiemroar, who I adore, but is very fragile and twice so in the abyss, as well as as Tywin. I am leveling Yuna right now, so I am going to test her versus Sez fairly soon. I want to stress how great Tama has been not just for her healing capabilities, but her aoe attacks as well - a great match for any C.Dom setup.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Couple questions:

How aggressively do you all provide aid to the guilds? Worth doing the 50,000 gold everyday? The catalysts chests seem to be worth it, got a Demon Blood Gem from it today and only need one more for Lidica's final awakening. Do you buy the Tera Phantasma, use the rest for charms, or donate barely just enough to get the catalyst chests?

What does everyone use Ancient Coins for? The accessories seem like a good thing to pull but being limited to level 60, I dunno, is it better to buy charms? Save it for raid entry?

Any reason I should merge my junk 3* artifacts or should I sell them? I've been merging the 1 and 2*'s from Friendship Summons for the silver transmit stone quests.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Couple questions:

How aggressively do you all provide aid to the guilds? Worth doing the 50,000 gold everyday? The catalysts chests seem to be worth it, got a Demon Blood Gem from it today and only need one more for Lidica's final awakening. Do you buy the Tera Phantasma, use the rest for charms, or donate barely just enough to get the catalyst chests?

What does everyone use Ancient Coins for? The accessories seem like a good thing to pull but being limited to level 60, I dunno, is it better to buy charms? Save it for raid entry?

Any reason I should merge my junk 3* artifacts or should I sell them? I've been merging the 1 and 2*'s from Friendship Summons for the silver transmit stone quests.

I absolutely donate the 50,000 gold everyday. That goes into the guild bank from which the guild purchases the shared bonuses that are put up for gold/xp and they aren't cheap (300k combined x however many per day).

I also buy the Tera Phantasma, catalyst chests, lab token, and once-in-a-while-charms.

Ancient Coins go directly into ring/necklace charms and nothing else.

I did the 1/2* artifact merging for silver transmit stones while they allowed it, but I don't believe that works any longer, so I'm a lot more conservative with the stones now (weekly molagora purchase for sure though).

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I did the 1/2* artifact merging for silver transmit stones while they allowed it, but I don't believe that works any longer, so I'm a lot more conservative with the stones now (weekly molagora purchase for sure though).

Thanks! FWIW they didn't disallow it, I think there is just a cap to that mission quest line so it's best not to spend the stones from it flippantly (i.e. on penguins as some guides would have you do for quick leveling). I'm on the 14th and my next reward is 10 more stones, probably gets cut off soon (I've done 258 enhancements).

I completely forgot there are guilds in this game. One more thing on my to do list XD

Definitely join one so you can get the Mystic Summons and don't sleep on requesting aid. If you have an active guild you can fill a lot of catalyst needs through requests.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Couple questions:

50k each day in gold, the gold gets easier to come by once you can do higher level hunts. If people are just requesting/trading high level hunt materials it's pretty easy to get 150-180 guild points from that each day without really losing anything, makes it fairly easy to buy out the guild shop and occasionally burn on artifact charms.

The accessory chest requires a fair bit of luck to get something good and cap out at 60, I stopped buying it after I progressed a bit; so I just buy charms now. The 1200 charm in the coin shop is a ticket for hell raid. You can also get one of those from killing the queen in regular raid; which I think unlocks after 4-9(?) in world adventure. Which is maybe worth buying if you have both Hell Arakhan/Karkanis on farm; as I don't think there's the morale to do both in one go.

I keep a max uncapped of each 3* artifact, I started selling them after that. Well, I used them as upgrade fodder originally but after they opened the dust shop I started selling them.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Since I was only one ID away from a fully awoken Luna, decided to keep going for it. Got it in about 200 stamina, performed the final awaken, CP goes from 56k to 57k lol (usesless health boost, the 5th awakening attack boost was worth it)...

Basically I think they understand for how hard to get they are not worth it. I'm not sure they'd put in a store for them, as the side events kind of serve that purpose, but I would like to see guilds be able to trade for epics and/or just make them more worth it, i.e. boost the awakenings moving forward and retroactively. I could also see them being tied to enhancing the character gear sets they mentioned.

But yeah I'd be bummed if they all the sudden buffed the drop rates. If they buff drop rates it's hard to compensate players, who knows how much stamina people spent to get them, but if they reduce the awakening costs they could always refund the difference.

I don't REALLY think people would care, I mean this happens all the time in games that update content and there may be reimbursement, but you still get stuff through grinding for catalyst, that's typically when you grind for 6 stars. The thing is this would be far less offensive than them nerfing characters that people have invested molas and materials into, which they've done already.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Couple questions:

How aggressively do you all provide aid to the guilds? Worth doing the 50,000 gold everyday?

who wants to know

are you a cop

Nowadays just use coins to buy charms. Early on I did buy a lot of the random ones, and I got a very nice attack set ring. But that was before we could get accessories in hunts and the raid. Finding a good one is still rare but it's a much better situation than it used to be. You could also hoard them for when you get a free one from a sidestory or whatever (or if you haven't finished abyss).

Make sure the 3* artifacts are actually junk and not something you could situationally use. Cursed Compass for example is amazing on my Judge Kise in arena but I could see someone thinking it's trash. Normally in this kind of game I'd keep and merge up at least one copy of each artifact but uncapping them with dupes is actually REALLY expensive. Fuck that. I've been selling them for dust lately, though I keep 1-2 of each.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I don't REALLY think people would care, I mean this happens all the time in games that update content and there may be reimbursement, but you still get stuff through grinding for catalyst, that's typically when you grind for 6 stars. The thing is this would be far less offensive than them nerfing characters that people have invested molas and materials into, which they've done already.

Yeah, I don't care either way, my goal has been to work on a 6* core and farming catalysts is just the way I've been going about it. I play a bunch of Gacha's and they all make currencies irrelevant every 6 months anyway.

Make sure the 3* artifacts are actually junk and not something you could situationally use. Cursed Compass for example is amazing on my Judge Kise in arena but I could see someone thinking it's trash. Normally in this kind of game I'd keep and merge up at least one copy of each artifact but uncapping them with dupes is actually REALLY expensive. Fuck that. I've been selling them for dust lately, though I keep 1-2 of each.

Def keeping at least one copy of each. But like I have like 7 Sword of Mornings, so say I keep 1 or 2, better to sell for that currency or merge into my non-maxed 5* artifacts?

Oct 25, 2017
I have a list of artifacts I just sell on the spot. Some of them have their uses but are basically always outclassed and I'd rather just have the dust and them not taking a space in my inventory

Code:
Labyrinth Cube
Atma's Portal
Goblin's Lamp
Forest Totem
Oath Key
Envoy's Pipe
Timeless Anchor
Egg of Delusion
Butterfly Mandolin
Ascending Axe
Aqua Rose