• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
We know anything about these two new units?

inception_leosquint.png

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Did some pulls and got Tenebria, well not rolling anymore for Krau , it's a huge gamble that I don't want to take.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Saving Bms for the collab. Pulling on this bait banner is unwise!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Might have pulled on a solo Krau banner but the rate up is fairly insignificant.

So now that I can semi-regularly auto W11 (I should just bite the bullet and 6* Crozet or Karin) I'm looking at putting together a team for Golem 11. As it turns out I've actually ended up with quite a few fire heroes (except the OP ones ;) ). But I haven't invested in the majority. So here's relevant units I have:

Amarintha - 6* - Some skill ups (the only unit listed here with any skill investment)
Mascot Hazel - 6*
Baal & Sezan - 5*
Charlotte - 5*
Tenebria - 5*
Schuri - 5*
Achates - 5*
Surin - 5*
Carmainerose - 5*

So I'm thinking of going with Mascot Hazel w/Waters Origin to tank, Amarintha (for unhealable and dps), Schuri (for CR pushing) and Baal&Sezan (for debuffs) or maybe Carmainerose for DPS/utility. I'm wondering would that do the job or are there some obvious synergies I'm overlooking?

Last edited:

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Might have pulled on a solo Krau banner but the rate up is fairly insignificant.

So now that I can semi-regularly auto W11 (I should just bite the bullet and 6* Crozet or Karin) I'm looking at putting together a team for Golem 11. As it turns out I've actually ended up with quite a few fire heroes (except the OP ones ;) ). But I haven't invested in the majority. So here's relevant units I have:

Amarintha - 6* - Some skill ups (the only unit listed here with any skill investment)
Mascot Hazel - 6*
Baal & Sezan - 5*
Charlotte - 5*
Tenebria - 5*
Schuri - 5*
Achates - 5*
Surin - 5*
Carmainerose - 5*

So I'm thinking of going with Mascot Hazel w/Waters Origin to tank, Amarintha (for unhealable and dps), Schuri (for CR pushing) and Baal&Sezan (for debuffs) or maybe Carmainerose for DPS/utility. I'm wondering would that do the job or are there some obvious synergies I'm overlooking?

Does Baal and Sez do unbuffable? I know that the tree heals before dispelling Golem's buffs but idk if it also applies the buffs before dispelling.
You don't really need to tank, but Hazel is still good for unhealable and greater attack.

Ara is alright but again, her burns can be dispelled. Probably better to go Hazel, Baal, Schuri and Carmaine.
The only issue would be survivability against one or two hits from him with/without def break if you don't have enough dmg to kill him fast. G11 has lower health than G10 iirc. It's just that he's more dangerous cause crystal applies team def break. If you can't burn through it fast, maybe replace baal with achates for consistent clears. Carm can strip Golem's buffs easy.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I spent around 300 bookmarks and did not even get any of the banner units. I think I got more epic artifacts than actual units.

okita

Oct 25, 2017

Mascot Hazel - 6*
Baal & Sezan - 5*
Charlotte - 5*
Tenebria - 5*
Schuri - 5*
Achates - 5*
Surin - 5*
Carmainerose - 5*

I did Golem 11 manually recently and I was expecting something worse and the team was the same I was using previously (angelica which will never work on an auto team because of the stun effect in water units but you can keep her safe manually , Iseria for dispel /Cannot buff and armor break, Kiris in this case being less useful because of the cleanse still she takes a chunk of his hp if it isn't cleansed before he attacks and Cermia which is the mvp). This is not my final team for it of course, it was just to see what I'm dealing with ...

Mascot Hazel would only tank the first wave because golem is just AoE attacks, I think potion would be a better artifact for her to help with the armor break cleanse and of course the unhealable two turns and her buffs are great. I would consider bring a dispeller to remove his buffs Carmine can do it every three turns and she can do some heavy hitting too

Achates is a good choice too because of her cleanse and attack down on s1 which helps keeping you alive. Baal poison S1 is good because he can keep applying even if it is dispelled , but his s3 while good have a long cd and his S2 benefits from heavy debuffing which is not happening because of the cleanse on golem. Surin the same as baal you won't be able to stack debuffs

I think you only need to find a decent Armor breaker to help dishing out more damage (don't use a water one unless you can keep immunity up all the time), Baal have it but you won't be able to keep it up consistently because CD. Some people use Rin with counter set and Celestine , she can armor break , dispel, Heal and buff lol

Last edited:

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Some people use Rin with counter set and Celestine , she can armor break , dispel, Heal and buff lol
Man I've been neglecting Rin since forever. She was one of my early game healers and only def breaker. But since Ken, Fluri and Luna I haven't touched Rin.
I have Angelica, Hazel, Achates, Rin and Aither. I'm currently working on Angelica to 6* for my w11 team but to be honest I'm finding the heals on all my healers somewhat weak. It really isn't strong enough to keep everyone topped up in stronger fights. I think I need better def and HP across the board for my team :(

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Man I've been neglecting Rin since forever. She was one of my early game healers and only def breaker. But since Ken, Fluri and Luna I haven't touched Rin.
I have Angelica, Hazel, Achates, Rin and Aither. I'm currently working on Angelica to 6* for my w11 team but to be honest I'm finding the heals on all my healers somewhat weak. It really isn't strong enough to keep everyone topped up in stronger fights. I think I need better def and HP across the board for my team :(

I think the problem with most healers excluding Achates , Destina, Angelica and Tamarinne, is that they struggle to deal with debuffs which is quite heavy in the end game or if they are capable they lack healing potential , if you use double healers it's okay to use one of the others , but most often than not you need someone who deals with debuffs and can do some good amount of healing and in this case the choices are very few. Other option is pair a healer with C. Armin for Immunity every three turns (of course being an ML character she isn't easy to get)

People use Rod of amaryllis to help with healing , if you have it give it a try. You can bring a defense buffer too , it helps a lot. I used Doris in some floors of the abyss to keep up with the damage and keep the team alive

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I think the problem with most healers excluding Achates , Destina, Angelica and Tamarinne, is that they struggle to deal with debuffs which is quite heavy in the end game or if they are capable they lack healing potential , if you use double healers it's okay to use one of the others , but most often than not you need someone who deals with debuffs and can do some good amount of healing and in this case the choices are very few. Other option is pair a healer with C. Armin for Immunity every three turns (of course being an ML character she isn't easy to get)

People use Rod of amaryllis to help with healing , if you have it give it a try. You can bring a defense buffer too , it helps a lot. I used Doris in some floors of the abyss to keep up with the damage and keep the team alive

That is definitely another issue. I look at each healer's kits and realise they are all quite good at various situations but when the content is actually hard and they even struggle in their optimal tasks it really comes back to gearing having the right teams. Having the right artefacts go a long way too. I was only able to beat one of the raid bosses because I had potion vial for example, before using it I simply stood no chance because if my healer was stunned then I'm instantly put into a position where I'll be playing catch up. I don't have Rod either. The best healer artefacts I have are potions, tome and the cool down on hit one.

My heroes are also mostly single DPS. Good for bosses until they have tanky mobs which seems to be more and more regularly. :(

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Burnt through my 130 marks. Dunno why I just had a feeling. On my very last pull I got Krau. Still have enough stones pretty much for pity too. Pretty happy since his design is dope.

Got a Coli, and an extra Clarissa on the way too. Only notable Artifact was Kaladra.

I was getting ready to 6* my Crozet for W11. Would Krau be better?

okita

Oct 25, 2017
That is definitely another issue. I look at each healer's kits and realise they are all quite good at various situations but when the content is actually hard and they even struggle in their optimal tasks it really comes back to gearing having the right teams. Having the right artefacts go a long way too. I was only able to beat one of the raid bosses because I had potion vial for example, before using it I simply stood no chance because if my healer was stunned then I'm instantly put into a position where I'll be playing catch up. I don't have Rod either. The best healer artefacts I have are potions, tome and the cool down on hit one.

My heroes are also mostly single DPS. Good for bosses until they have tanky mobs which seems to be more and more regularly. :(

They started design fights with AoE damage dealers in mind (the new hunt as example) , because most of the time a single target DPs would be better , they hit harder and they reduce numbers faster than using AOE heroes , so they were kind of marginalized and considered useless with a few exceptions , the problem is having one in your roster and have invested on them to be usable , I only got a few recently so it's in a need to do note for the future. And check some guides on Raid bosses there are some trick mechanics each one have ...

Burnt through my 130 marks. Dunno why I just had a feeling. On my very last pull I got Krau. Still have enough stones pretty much for pity too. Pretty happy since his design is dope.

Got a Coli, and an extra Clarissa on the way too. Only notable Artifact was Kaladra.

I was getting ready to 6* my Crozet for W11. Would Krau be better?

Yep he is better than Crozet. Congrats !

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
All these units that I have that's I love to 6* to help me out, but I don't have the gear to make any use of them. I need to sit down and start farming/grinding hard for gear.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
I tried a few summons, saw the gold screen and fairy on the right, got excited and....... dupe Bellona.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Started out with a cool 20 pulls, got nothing. Decided i was done since I wasn't super hot on either unit.

Changed my mind an hour later and said I'd do 30 more pulls, and on the exact 30th one i got Tenebria.

At this point i was done for real, because 0.4% Krau? Yea fuck that.

But later I decided to hammer out 2 more gold transmit stones for an ML pull, and... got Krau on 3rd summon. loool

So this time i was *really* done, now it's back to just the free daily summon. But even that one gave me Lidica this morning!

WTF! 3/5 summons were a damn 5*

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was a decent bit above pity so I threw bookmarks at the banner; I ended up getting Tenebria which I'm happy about. However this close to the collab I wonder if I'll be able to 6* her anytime soon.

Also beat Epic Hell Charles. Team was Tamarinne, Fluri, Bellona, and Cermia; it needed a fair bit of luck tbh. First phase I managed to nuke Cermia before Elson's AOE due to double attacks and Bellona not missing; otherwise I'd have to hope to land unhealable for the AOE. The second phase had the potential to go bad with those speedy stunning adds; but I managed to get through the waves without losing anyone. I ended up losing Bellona to Charles by himself as she could only survive the s3 at max health. After that it was fairly stable but felt like it could fall apart.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
I had also collected quite a few extra bms, and now for the first time have enough gems for a single pity break, so thought I'd throw my luck in for a 0.4% Krau (since I already have Tenebria).

I pulled Vildred. Fantastic. Back in the day when I started playing this game, his was the first banner I tried to pull on a few times unsuccessfully. Still plenty of use for that fella.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I think I saw something like this months ago, but if it's true I already regret to use the dupes to unlock the memory imprint of the 3* I got

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
"it's time to draw my sword"
"do I need to draw my sword"
"is it time to draw my sword"

Even if they add japanese, I fear I just don't have it in me to not use the english dub.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
WTF, I can't for the life of me beat Rikoris' trial battle?
I don't find any posts in the internet on this being hard, what am I doing wrong?
Does equipment on my actual Rikoris influence the fight?
Help!

EDIT: Okay, I was just being an idiot focussing on the boss, had to take out the add first, easy.
screenshot_20190405-2dojb2.jpg

The husbando brigade is now complete since I also got Krau.

Now when's this dude?
screenshot_20181214-1udjv6.jpg

Last edited:

draconuszero

Oct 28, 2017
WTF, I can't for the life of me beat Rikoris' trial battle?
I don't find any posts in the internet on this being hard, what am I doing wrong?
Does equipment on my actual Rikoris influence the fight?
Help!

EDIT: Okay, I was just being an idiot focussing on the boss, had to take out the add first, easy.
screenshot_20190405-2dojb2.jpg

The husbando brigade is now complete since I also got Krau.

Now when's this dude?
screenshot_20181214-1udjv6.jpg
Kawerik is giving me the "this hand of mine glows with an awesome power" vibes. He better summon a Gundam as one of his moves.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Beat Abyss 80 on my second try. Another Wanda but finally got something higher than a 3* in Blaze Dingo. How is he? Didn't have enough for a third pull.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Beat Abyss 80 on my second try. Another Wanda but finally got something higher than a 3* in Blaze Dingo. How is he? Didn't have enough for a third pull.

I haven't used him but a lot of people really like him. I'm just not sure where he goes on a team.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't used him but a lot of people really like him. I'm just not sure where he goes on a team.

I think in the situation where I don't need a cleanse he replaces Destina on my team to do a little more damage while healing, since her only role was sustain/cleanse. But yeah I can't see him replacing Lidica/Luna/Angelica and he doesn't seem to fill that PvP unit role I need.

On that note looks like Abyss 81 is on a whole different level than 80, I cant even survive the first round.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think in the situation where I don't need a cleanse he replaces Destina on my team to do a little more damage while healing, since her only role was sustain/cleanse. But yeah I can't see him replacing Lidica/Luna/Angelica and he doesn't seem to fill that PvP unit role I need.

On that note looks like Abyss 81 is on a whole different level than 80, I cant even survive the first round.

Just wait til the later abyss levels. They get so dumb and rng filled.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I got into the mental state where anything but Soulworker for the collab will be a disappointment for me. That's not good!

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Since S2 Arena gear needs the new currency which is only available from weekly league results, I finally made the push to master from my comfy spot in Gold V. I probably could have done it earlier, but its a lot of matches to play to jump one whole league in a week before the changes to the weekly reset. My new re-geared team (thanks to free equip week) only started getting stuck near Gold 1, but I was getting pitted against Master 3-4 teams by then for some reason. Then I started getting easy teams again, match making is weird.

Also beat Hell Charles and kill 2 bosses in normal raid in one go, so overall pretty good progress. Any tips for Queen? I haven't actually tried her yet

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since S2 Arena gear needs the new currency which is only available from weekly league results, I finally made the push to master from my comfy spot in Gold V. I probably could have done it earlier, but its a lot of matches to play to jump one whole league in a week before the changes to the weekly reset. My new re-geared team (thanks to free equip week) only started getting stuck near Gold 1, but I was getting pitted against Master 3-4 teams by then for some reason. Then I started getting easy teams again, match making is weird.

Also beat Hell Charles and kill 2 bosses in normal raid in one go, so overall pretty good progress. Any tips for Queen? I haven't actually tried her yet
I usually tried to beat her first 2 minions before her hp dropped to 50%. After she summoned her last minions, i focused on attacking her.

I usually use destina/tamarine, angie, luna, and kluri on the front, so she can take all the decrease turn atk from the queen.

Also don't forget to use Angie's immunity just before the minnions summoned

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

For my first Raid, I followed this guide. It's great. You definitely need some cleanses, and you should keep your party above 50% HP. The general idea is to kill her two minions first. That will damage her to around 50%, which is when her last two adds hatch. At this point, you can either focus the Queen down with Arky (be careful as the adds will counter when you hit the Queen), or you can go slow and kill the additional adds first.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Finally pulled Angelica.... only 4 star normal units I don't have yet is Rose, Zerato, Achates & Purgis....

Pulled nine nat 5s (one dupe Tenabae) and an ML nat 5 before I got Angelica.....

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Got an Iseria in my daily free summon yesterday. Just finished the 2nd 5* dog for Krau. The fodder grind really is never ending.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
For my first Raid, I followed this guide. It's great. You definitely need some cleanses, and you should keep your party above 50% HP. The general idea is to kill her two minions first. That will damage her to around 50%, which is when her last two adds hatch. At this point, you can either focus the Queen down with Arky (be careful as the adds will counter when you hit the Queen), or you can go slow and kill the additional adds first.

The real deciding factor to whether you'll have a successful run is whether you can get Immunity up before before the second set of eggs hatch. I always kill the first set of adds so fast that Angelica's S3 isn't up again yet, so it's really annoying. I've resorted to soulburning her S3 on the trash fight before queen to give her an additional turn to refresh her cooldown.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Was saving my 5* dogs for the collab but I finished Chaos Sect Axe's entire skill tree so I had to 6* him. Also fully awoken.

Dude is an absolute unit. Cleared Banshee 10, Golem 10, Az 9, and can now auto Wyvern 10. Also seems to be a pretty decent PvP unit with some self sustainment.

Haven't tried the 11's with him and ultimately not sure he'll replace anyone on my raid team, but auto-ing W10 reliably was worth the investment.

Sorry Haste, you'll have to wait.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Does anyone think that the game's balance would be too out of whack if they removed the 15% base chance to resist debuffs and it solely relied on effect resistance/chance to land?

It just feels like the difference between applying and removing buffs and debuffs is too much. Buffs just "happen" except for the very minor case of having the cannot buff debuff. And cleansing debuffs is "free" too, as in there's no chance of missing it.

Meanwhile, for debuffs you have to go through 1. Chance to land debuff (sometimes not 100%), 2. Chance to resist debuff from effect resist, and 3. Chance to resist debuff (base). It's so many fucking hurdles to get through to land something that can easily be cleansed. And even stripping buffs goes through this same process. The only time it's guaranteed is with stuff like Ken's Def Break with Vigor, or Kluri's Soulburned S3, but again that just feels like it costs too much.

I don't even want to think about facing high-tier arena with crimson armin + 150 effect resist and having hurado strips missing every time cause even if you have 150 effectiveness you still get screwed by 15%. Feels like you deserve to have your debuffs always land at some point of investment.

E: I haven't seen any gachas that don't have this implemented, so if anyone has played one that doesn't and could explain if the meta would be better/worse with/without it, would love to read why.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Was saving my 5* dogs for the collab but I finished Chaos Sect Axe's entire skill tree so I had to 6* him. Also fully awoken.

Dude is an absolute unit. Cleared Banshee 10, Golem 10, Az 9, and can now auto Wyvern 10. Also seems to be a pretty decent PvP unit with some self sustainment.

Haven't tried the 11's with him and ultimately not sure he'll replace anyone on my raid team, but auto-ing W10 reliably was worth the investment.

Sorry Haste, you'll have to wait.

He is not a "pretty decent" PvP unit, he's ridiculous. If you have an AoE opener that goes before him, they can lower the group's HP, you can hit is S2, and he usually gets a free turn.

I have about 95% win rate with S. Rose, Silver Blade Aramintha, Chaos Sect Axe, Lidica.

Lidica goes first (speed 220), and I use S3 against anyone who will go before Aramintha and has the ability to CR Manipulate or stun.
S. Rose goes second, and I S3 to make sure Aramintha goes next.
Aramintha goes next, S3 to stun the shit out of everyone and bring their HP down so they all miss a turn.
Axe God S2 will kill 1-2 people, granting a free turn, then I kill another with S3.

Only time I lose is when someone has a CR pusher with speed > 220 or I just get really unlucky and miss something.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
He is not a "pretty decent" PvP unit, he's ridiculous. If you have an AoE opener that goes before him, they can lower the group's HP, you can hit is S2, and he usually gets a free turn.

I have about 95% win rate with S. Rose, Silver Blade Aramintha, Chaos Sect Axe, Lidica.

Lidica goes first (speed 220), and I use S3 against anyone who will go before Aramintha and has the ability to CR Manipulate or stun.
S. Rose goes second, and I S3 to make sure Aramintha goes next.
Aramintha goes next, S3 to stun the shit out of everyone and bring their HP down so they all miss a turn.
Axe God S2 will kill 1-2 people, granting a free turn, then I kill another with S3.

Only time I lose is when someone has a CR pusher with speed > 220 or I just get really unlucky and miss something.

Hmm thanks for the ideas, I started trying out that strategy last night since I have Lidica. I don't have other great AOE, only thing I can think of is Haste or Tenebria and I could definitely build Haste up for speed but I'm not sure he hits hard enough to put units within Axe's S2 damage range. Maybe a really fast Tenebria because with a DEF break that could allow Axe to have a harder hitting S2.

I'm also curious how he performs on defense since he'll obviously use S3 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.