• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I wish you could ban units you don't want to face in arena, like have them not show up at all in your lists.

Please for the love of god let me ban Ruele and C Armin.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
The Patch Notes are alaivable.
http://page.onstove.com/epicseven/g...n,html_remove&afterBack=true&boardKey=e7en002

That Sol guy is a "free" 5*, looks like we'll get 3 copies of him with the event. His skillset seem... pretty good?

Baiken, an Earth Thief, is a limited banner Hero. She specialize in inflicting bleeds and detonating them. I'm tempted, but I'll wait a bit for others to test her out.

... Well, scratch it, I WILL roll for her. With 100% crit gear, her S2+S3 single-turn combo is bound to murder things in pvp, and her CR boost on S3 is godly. She might be the best counter to those Shadow Rose that ruin my life in arena. And she's a thief, so she's going to have a high base speed.

I haven't seen anything about how to obtain Dizzy yet.

Last edited:

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Dizzy probably is two weeks from now on another limited banner

Bleed is kinda not that great so we have to see the multipliers of the skills , I'm rolling anyways.

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Dizzy will be ice since its Lufe runes and Ice Runes in the shop.

wWcJYEa.gif

Fucking awesome

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure about Baiken. Since Dizzy is in 2 weeks, I may not pull for Baiken until next patch notes are out.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Have fun getting all bleeds resisted. It's already not 100%, they could have made it ignore eff resist. The only thing that could work is her artifact if it ignores eff reisist like song of stars.

I really want her to be good but if she ends up being a flop (may not be due to multipliers), hopefully they reconsider debuff application as a whole. Atm she doesnt really work well in many fights since they're mostly debuff unfriendly (azimanus, some raids, etc..)

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Baiken looks incredibly underwhelming. Bleed is a terrible debuff, probably the worst in the game. Plus stacking 7+ bleeds in quick succession can lead to failed runs because of the 10 debuff cap.

Unless her numbers are insane, I dunno. Seems pretty trash.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Baiken looks incredibly underwhelming. Bleed is a terrible debuff, probably the worst in the game. Plus stacking 7+ bleeds in quick succession can lead to failed runs because of the 10 debuff cap.

Unless her numbers are insane, I dunno. Seems pretty trash.

The debuff cap isn't too bad considering she detonates with s3. And that's new (Surin's s3 said it detonated but it didn't actually do this)

A new battle effect, Detonate, has been added.

Detonate: Inflicts damage by activating any DoT effects inflicted on the enemy. Damage is proportional to the number of turns the debuff has remaining and the number of total debuffs on the opponent.

I don't think it's a numbers issue because it actually seems like good dmg (a bleed is half a burn, the bleeds last for two turns so a two turn bleed is a burn). Detonating if you hit all three bleeds with s2 gives you the extra dmg of three burn procs.

But again, it's dependant on actually landing the bleeds which is an rng fiesta.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Baiken seems kind of cool a mix between karin and surin I guess. The debuff limit kind of sucks for super speedy bleeder but it's otherwise a more granular burn to me.

Sol seems decent the counter silence is interesting and scale with max hp could be good. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more copies of him in the second half of the event.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I'd have preferred Baiken to be ice element but oh well. I want all the GG people.

Sol isn't the straightforward def breaker I expected but he is really interesting for situational PVP and Golem. I still need a red def break though.

I've got no shortage of skystones now thanks to my recent PVP gains. Made it to Challenger III last night. I'll keep going as long as there's ML Aramintha teams for me to fight. I wasn't expecting to even get this high though so I'm fine if the gravy train stops here.

Oct 25, 2017
man this is going to be a boring month...maybe the event is fun at least

hopefully they at least sneak another SC in or something in the patch 2 weeks from now

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I could use a good PVP unit and I have none that are earth besides Fluri so I'll pull. Was going to bring up Cidd anyway but if his multipliers are better and that detonate is powerful could be fun. Basically stack crit and speed, attack with S2 gain extra turn, detonate with S3 and CR push your entire team all before the enemy moves? Seems like a Diene killer. His artifact, while you probably want to use R&L seems to make the bleed reliable.

PvE doesn't seem too useful. I was kind of thinking to not make them to OP of their original characters they might do one heavy PvP and one heavy PvE.

Sol looks like a good unit to build up with the dispel and unable to debuff after not having got Ken.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
They don't look too jaw dropping kit wise. Looks more like they are increasing the value on new ML units to milk players on mytics summons, wish they never came out with those packs.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The side story having hidden quests also maybe means some collab exclusive gear which is always welcome even if it is at 71, always some great rolls on those.

Edit: just remember a lot of people were disappointed in units like Lidica and Tama. Lidica ended up being a beast and Tama they buffed before the banner is over. If they don't have people pulling by the fistful for these characters I bet your ass they'll buff em.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Sol is gamechanging. Dispel is an incredibly rare skill, and he has it on a 4 turn CD that could be 3 turn if enhanced (unknown yet), and if you trigger his S2 it could be a TWO TURN COOLDOWN DISPEL THAT DEALS DAMAGE BASED ON THE ENEMY'S MAX HP. And he has a counter.

Absolutely insane kit. Like, people that aren't playing now and don't get him might get mega salty. He's going to be a 9.5/10 character in PVE and really annoying in PVP.

I'm coming around a bit on Baiken because (as was pointed out) her S3 dispels all bleeds, which is desperately needed compared to Surin.

But really, don't sleep on Sol. Dude is legitimately busted for PVE.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sol looks interesting. You probably want to hit 100% crit so you can stack Fighting Spirit as quickly as possible. Surprised none of his attacks have Burn. Though his artifact looks you could probably use it to help enable Burn heavy teams, but at 50% chance when maxed a more straightforward DPS artifact is probably always going to be a more attractive option.

Baiken seems, well, up in the air. Going to depend on the numbers and how good the new Detonate effect is. Probably going to get her anyway, have to represent my old main.

30 bookmarks from the login event and 30 from the Facebook event as well as however many we get in the event will certainly help with getting two back to back limiteds.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I'm guessing Baiken will be just like CDom, except for Bleeds, and CDom does ridiculous amounts of damage in a team built around her.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By a straight reading it looks like Detonate blows up every debuff, could make debuff teams fairly crazy in terms of burst.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
By a straight reading it looks like Detonate blows up every debuff, could make debuff teams fairly crazy in terms of burst.

In baiken's case it's only bleeds.

The Detonate description is like that because there are different types (I think the boss descrip for Azimanus was changed to detonate poisons?)

And yes, within the framework of the current game mechanics I think it's okay to judge heroes before release. Especially if it's concerning unreliable mechanics. Again, it really hinges on her multipliers.

Elfstruck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Come on, guys. You should know better by now than judge units before their release.
Literally happen after every patch note. This is what usually happens.
After reading patch note: ''I'm not pulling this shit...kits look crap''
After banner passed: '' OP as fk, why didn't I pull? ''

Remember this is limited banners, they will be OP either now or in 1 or 2 patches.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Really happy too see that Sol is looking strong as a welfare unit, but I have to agree that Baiken is coming across a bit underwhelming.... skillset aside I find it weird that she's going to have the same stats as Sez, ML Sez and Violet..... just thought she would've been faster.... (Sol will have the same stats as Chloe and if Dizzy is a mage she'll have the same as ML Baal and Zeno aka the two fastest mages in the game).

But it's hilarious too see people on the subreddit complaining that she's weak/trash... especially since they will be crying about Sage Baal being OP in 1-2 weeks time.... And even if she's actually weak in practise she'll either get Tama buffed next week or buffed down the line like Ken was (went from mediocre to one of the best in the game).

I would 100% still pull for her because she's either better than we think she is, she'll get buffed down the line and/or her bleed mechanic will get buffed which will also buff heroes like Sigret and Surin who need to be stronger as well.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If she does turn out to be weak and doesnt get buffed during the collab I'm not sure how much hope there is of her being buffed down the line. SG wouldn't have much incentive to buff a character no-one can get i.e. that no-one can spend money on.

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
Literally happen after every patch note. This is what usually happens.
After reading patch note: ''I'm not pulling this shit...kits look crap''
After banner passed: '' OP as fk, why didn't I pull? ''

Remember this is limited banners, they will be OP either now or in 1 or 2 patches.

Yup this is what happened to me, I remember when Diene was up, and people were saying how bad she was going to be.... i regret not pulling now

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Sol is fast at 119 speed.

If she does turn out to be weak and doesnt get buffed during the collab I'm not sure how much hope there is of her being buffed down the line. SG wouldn't have much incentive to buff a character no-one can get i.e. that no-one can spend money on.

I think they'll look into the bleed mechanic eventual eventually, Sigret is really underwhelming right now as well.

Last edited:

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I think Surin is getting a buff from the Detonate thing too. Her skill description says it detonates the bleeds but I don't think it currently does that.

Maybe give Sigret detonate on her s3?

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Sol is gamechanging. Dispel is an incredibly rare skill, and he has it on a 4 turn CD that could be 3 turn if enhanced (unknown yet), and if you trigger his S2 it could be a TWO TURN COOLDOWN DISPEL THAT DEALS DAMAGE BASED ON THE ENEMY'S MAX HP. And he has a counter.

Absolutely insane kit. Like, people that aren't playing now and don't get him might get mega salty. He's going to be a 9.5/10 character in PVE and really annoying in PVP.

I'm coming around a bit on Baiken because (as was pointed out) her S3 dispels all bleeds, which is desperately needed compared to Surin.

But really, don't sleep on Sol. Dude is legitimately busted for PVE.

Really curious how much hp% damage he does. Anyone who's used Bellona in Abyss knows how silly that modifier is. Mine has absolute poop for attack and still hits for 20-30k in there.

Right now my only reliable dispel is Yufine so someone that can land those on reds will be nice.

Either way, it's Sol Badguy so of course I'm gonna use him. Did a video with his voice lines (like Baiken's) come out while I'm at work? Was surprised to see they were in Japanese. Are we getting some Jouji Nakata up in here?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Bought an R&L before the shop refreshes in anticipation of using it on Baiken. Although the shop refresh has Uberius' Tooth that looks interesting.

Also patch is loooong, starts in 35 minutes and goes for 6 hours.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm a newish player, should I pull for the GG units? I have something like 95 bookmarks and 2900 crystals saved up right now.

And one set of Galaxy Bookmarks I can't use because I'm still not at 10-10 yet. :|

My DPS lead currently is Sez and I'm using Charlotte and Tywin as tanks and that blonde healer girl from launch whose name I forget (ED: Destina) as my primary healer, with Mercedes and 5* fire axe girl as my rotating fourth slot.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm a newish player, should I pull for the GG units? I have something like 95 bookmarks and 2900 crystals saved up right now.

And one set of Galaxy Bookmarks I can't use because I'm still not at 10-10 yet. :|

My DPS lead currently is Sez and I'm using Charlotte and Tywin as tanks and that blonde healer girl from launch whose name I forget (ED: Destina) as my primary healer, with Mercedes and 5* fire axe girl as my rotating fourth slot.
Baizen is limited, but really seems like she'll need a lot of investment before she's good. As a new player, I would hold off.

Dizzy is in two weeks, and you should have a window of 6-8 hours to pull for Baizen while knowing if Dizzy is any good.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

I would wait until the dust settles on whether Baiken is good and/or they can data mine Dizzy. The banner lasts two weeks, see if you can collect some more bookmarks and get near the pity rate and if she turns out good, pull. Don't rush into it and get dragged in by hype. Even if she is good, you have to consider you don't have enough for a pity for her but you may in 4 weeks time for Dizzy.

Sol will be a good unit for you to build up.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Baizen is limited, but really seems like she'll need a lot of investment before she's good. As a new player, I would hold off.

Dizzy is in two weeks, and you should have a window of 6-8 hours to pull for Baizen while knowing if Dizzy is any good.

Alright. And Sol is a free unit I should be able to get just from doing the event? I've tried to do event missions before and I always seem to get stuck halfway through before I get any good rewards. Maybe I'm just not understanding how they work.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Alright. And Sol is a free unit I should be able to get just from doing the event? I've tried to do event missions before and I always seem to get stuck halfway through before I get any good rewards. Maybe I'm just not understanding how they work.

There is a level midway that requires you collect "X amount" of the side-story currency (usually 250) before the next level opens up. On low difficulties, this may mean grinding out the level a lot of times, upwards of 20+ if you are just playing on Normal (you want to grind the one with the difficulty options at the highest difficulty you can). I think completing the side-story will get you a Sol, but you can buy copies for 2,500 of the currency, which at lower difficulties will take intense grinding.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They reworked events a couple months after launch to the point now where almost anyone can clear them, even if they haven't done the story. They have difficulty settings.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
There is a level midway that requires you collect "X amount" of the side-story currency (usually 250). On low difficulties, this may mean grinding out the level a lot of times, upwards of 20+ if you are just playing on Normal (you want to grind the one with the difficulty options at the highest difficulty you can).

Cool. I need to find a way to get my Power over 70,000 then. I'm at like 62 or 63k at the moment, not sure what I can do to push it higher outside of just grinding everybody to level 50 (Destina is at 49 and about to hit cap, Sez is closer to 45). It feels really hard to get reliable numbers of useful penguins.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. I need to find a way to get my Power over 70,000 then. I'm at like 62 or 63k at the moment, not sure what I can do to push it higher outside of just grinding everybody to level 50 (Destina is at 49 and about to hit cap, Sez is closer to 45). It feels really hard to get reliable numbers of useful penguins.

That's basically it, awakenings can help too if you haven't done them. But really, gear carries most of your characters stats. Make sure to run the Labyrinths to find the gold chests to get the epic gear and enhance that to either +9 or +12. That helps a lot early on. The labyrinth like levels in the normal story mode have gold chests too with some good gear if you revisit them and explore different paths.

For something like the side-story you can also make friends with some folks here. Some of my units like Axe-God can carry themselves through Hard difficulty which will make the grind easier for you (while earning more exp and gold). My in game name is rarbusto if you want to friend me, I'll make room. The game tends to match you up with people your rank, but if you make friends here they'll plow through content.

But it's also skirting some of the game itself, I personally avoided it for a while to experience the game without being carried through since in Labyrinths, Abyss, Hunts, and Altars you can't use friends anyway. You'll just rush into a wall. For the heavy side story grinding where the end goal is just collecting currency, I'd say go for it :)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's basically it, awakenings can help too if you haven't done them. But really, gear carries most of your characters stats. Make sure to run the Labyrinths to find the gold chests to get the epic gear and enhance that to either +9 or +12. That helps a lot early on. The labyrinth like levels in the normal story mode have gold chests too with some good gear if you revisit them and explore different paths.

For something like the side-story you can also make friends with some folks here. Some of my units like Axe-God can carry themselves through Hard difficulty which will make the grind easier for you (while earning more exp and gold). My in game name is rarbusto if you want to friend me, I'll make room. The game tends to match you up with people your rank, but if you make friends here they'll plow through content.

But it's also skirting some of the game itself, I personally avoided it for a while to experience the game without being carried through since in Labyrinths, Abyss, Hunts, and Altars you can't use friends anyway. You'll just rush into a wall. For the heavy side story grinding where the end goal is just collecting currency, I'd say go for it :)

Thanks. I appreciate all the advice. I just added you - my nick is Archon725, should have Sez as my primary share unit!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh the maintenance started as soon as I got home from work and runs until 1am. Shit

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
I have 15K skystones, might spend 5K on Baiken and then wait to see Dizzy's stats if I dont get her. Don't want to get Diene'd but at the same time this is the same game that thought release Tamarinne made sense.

Edit: Got her in 10 pulls so still have 15K skystones lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.