• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think so but kinda irrelevant to the discussion. They can only do so much and if they are working on that, which was more important to the players than the pets, then they aren't working on pets.

It's fine, I just have a different perspective coming from product development and sustainment myself. You can't do everything and the nice to haves quickly take a backseat to growing and retaining your install base.

I don't think it's irrelevant to point out that one of the bare handful of QOL changes people are championing only got made due to fan outrage over their initial implementation of it. The change to weapons was nice, but its only "better" not "good", weapon RNG is still terrible. The AP shop and the very minor change to guild buffs are the only two quality of life changes they've made in the last six months. This is exacerbated by them saying certain stuff was "Coming soon!". All this in the context of the game being extremely profitable. I mean it doesn't particularly bother me because it's a gacha game and I don't so much have low as I have no expectations of them doing anything that doesnt directly make money.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Forgot about the maintenance and im pretty sure that im at full stamina ...welp.

Same, especially since they started earlier than usual.
Didn't even do my Guild War attacks yet. Guess I'll have to get up early tomorrow to play my phone game?

I wonder if EU server will have different maintenance time?
I'm not keen on starting over, but I was pondering if it's worth it to maybe get Diene once they run her banner there. :/

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Same, especially since they started earlier than usual.
Didn't even do my Guild War attacks yet. Guess I'll have to get up early tomorrow to play my phone game?

I wonder if EU server will have different maintenance time?
I'm not keen on starting over, but I was pondering if it's worth it to maybe get Diene once they run her banner there. :/
Oh...they are planning to add additional EU servers ? I thought they would just treat US+EU as one global entity as most gacha titles.

NGL...might be tempting to jump in on that launch as a EU player lol.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, a whole new server:

http://m-page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/main/view/3235807
(Sorry, I'm on mobile and can't find the non-mobile link.)

"We are pleased to announce that we will be launching a new server as well as additional language support. [...] The new server will be better tailored in regards to certain time-related contents as well as offering better server stability for players in the European region."

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, a whole new server:

http://m-page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/main/view/3235807
(Sorry, I'm on mobile and can't find the non-mobile link.)

"We are pleased to announce that we will be launching a new server as well as additional language support. [...] The new server will be better tailored in regards to certain time-related contents as well as offering better server stability for players in the European region."

Hah - thats cool....thanks for the heads up.
Also german, french, spanisch and Portugiese text ? Other devs could learn from them.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
They usually enhance the S3 of SC units, but I don't think they can make Montmo's S3 AOE because she would be like better than Angelica if they did that.

I am certain she will have Water only synergy like Mascot Hazel. But I hope the datamine reveals something.

We really haven't had real changes in this game in months.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it doesnt save currency from the last run of the event, or I surprisingly managed to zero out and forgot about it.

Wow the update is almost 1.4 GB lol

Dataminers rejoice

Was just going to post that. That's a hell of a meaty download size for basically nothing. Unless it's backend optimisation that requires lots of redownloaded files.

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Spent my Mystics trying for Bellona. Dont even want the ML units. Got Cid and Iron Fan.

Was 3 covenants away from a ML so went ahead and did it.

h9kumyN.jpg

I'm perfectly fine not getting Bellona now.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Edit: Grats JROD of course!

I beat the artifact challenge on hard (it's not that hard) and got a gold transmit stone - enough for one ML pull, and I got: Gunther.
Well, I'm probably cursed for the next 20 ML pulls or so since I got Shadow Rose and ML Ken already, so I'm not too fuzzed.
It's not like I can build a new unit anyway.

Concerning Mystic summons, next week will have Clarissa in the 4* pool, who I'm aiming for. It's a pity that Charlotte will be the 5*, since I already have her, which will of course mean I might pull her.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Your cleanser doesn't need to be 200+ speed he just needs to be the quickest on your team for obvious reasons.

No point having your cleanser go in between ML Baal and ML Ara......

And building a Dingo that is your fastest as well as having 150% effect resist is a lot easier than winning a speed war.

112 base speed after awakenings
main stat level 85 boots, lets say resist.
speed set without any additional speed on them

He's rocking 180 speed already.

Kitty Clarissa and Dingo have Strak Gauntlet for easy mode resist....

I need 3 more copies to limit break mine... I've pretty sure I dusted 3-4 of them a few months back......
I said 200+ speed specifically because that *is* the speed I would need them to go at to go before my other characters (including Bellona, Lidica, and Diene who are all hovering around 200 speed), or else I would have to intentionally nerf the speed of my entire team just to make this strategy work. Which may be the case... but that'd be a major nerf to their PvE viability, which is one of the biggest reasons I have a dedicated team for PvP that hardly overlaps with my PvE characters (with Clarissa, C. Armin, and Kayron being the front-runners there).

In other words it's an annoying amount of hassle to counter a strategy that is, quite frankly, way too overpowered for how easy it is to setup once you have the characters in question. It should never have gotten to this point, period. They've gone too far and now they can't take it back. We're going to be seeing some absolutely stupid character kits in the future just to counteract this awful meta, and that in turn will only make things worse. Thanks, whoever was in charge of this.

Also there's no need to be so obnoxiously defensive about the game's current state. For a lot of players (myself included) it's basically been a dead two months as we haven't had any major changes since March. The collab was barely even an event, and we've seen no major balance changes and no huge QoL changes since. It's hugely disappointing after the rather breakneck pace they were moving at late last year and early this year.

I can only hope this chapter 2 update is especially substantial to make up for the wait, 'cause damn, man. It honestly feels like we've been in a holding pattern for way too long. This ain't FGO, y'know. There isn't an expectation that the game centers around the events. We need more stuff.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled Crescent Moon Rin, did anybody ever find a use for her or is she just a crappy thief? Seems incredibly niche and I'm not sure I'd take up a PvP slot for her.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Spent my Mystics trying for Bellona. Dont even want the ML units. Got Cid and Iron Fan.

Was 3 covenants away from a ML so went ahead and did it.

h9kumyN.jpg

I'm perfectly fine not getting Bellona now.
Congrats :)
Pulled Crescent Moon Rin, did anybody ever find a use for her or is she just a crappy thief? Seems incredibly niche and I'm not sure I'd take up a PvP slot for her.
On paper she could counter lead Dizzy I guess.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Interesting to hear about the EU server, but I don't think I am willing to start over. Do we know when it releases?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Same here, I just pulled her 2 hours ago and not sure where to use her.

I dunno she has really really high base speed, enough to be an opener. But to what end? She can put up immunity first if you target Dizzy teams and then on the second turn steal any buffs put up by a Diene or Angelica. Seems like you build her for speed to settle into a fight with a tank team. If she's not fast enough to put up immunity then she's just open to being wiped on the first turn before she gets to do anything.

If you run a turn 1 cleave team and already have Hurado I'm not sure she's any better. If you don't have Hurado she's fine to strip an immunity off a team's opener and disrupt them but you'd also need a second speedy unit to take out/debuff that opener.

If there's a free unequip event I'll probably try her out, but for now I don't want to invest great speed gear into her when my other units still need it.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey EpicEra, I'm getting back into this game after a good long break. Any spots open in guilds?

IGN: KobeTyrant

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Razmos Nice boots!

I finally beat wyvern 11 using Tywin, Dizzy, C.Dom and Aither. I was trying so hard to find a water dps instead of just using my ace out of the gate. All mats I got from the achievement rolled into shit, but I don't care. Just happy to have cleared it right now.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
EpicEra is Rank 1.564, an "Honorable Wildcard". I think we made it to the "Glorious Guardian League" before? Maybe that was just a dream though.

Thanks! My guild is at 600 something and in the top reward tier. 12 of our 30 members are below rank 60 too, some in the 40s, and even then a lot of our 60s I see leveling Abyss 85 gear for the first time, so I don't think they are super strong. I don't think we'll get much higher because we're carried by a core of 10 or so players that will always go 3-0 but still have to field a lot of teams that are pushovers for Level 16/17 guilds. Was just curious where other "casual (as in not hardcore about winning, but still dedicated players)" guilds landed since we're kind of in that mold. Our guilds only requirement is that you have a pulse and log-in.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks! My guild is at 600 something and in the top reward tier. 12 of our 30 members are below rank 60 too, some in the 40s, and even then a lot of our 60s I see leveling Abyss 85 gear for the first time, so I don't think they are super strong. I don't think we'll get much higher because we're carried by a core of 10 or so players that will always go 3-0 but still have to field a lot of teams that are pushovers for Level 16/17 guilds. Was just curious where other "casual (as in not hardcore about winning, but still dedicated players)" guilds landed since we're kind of in that mold. Our guilds only requirement is that you have a pulse and log-in.

Now I feel bad, haha. I think we were something like 1.100 two weeks ago, so I think there's quite some movements in the league we're in terms of up and down.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Now I feel bad, haha. I think we were something like 1.100 two weeks ago, so I think there's quite some movements in the league we're in terms of up and down.

Oh don't worry, we're at peak rank right now, we've won 8 of our last 11, including 3 in a row. We're facing a Level 17 guild right now that was one of our 3 losses in that recent run so we're about to get smoked again. I'm curious how big the swing will be (we're actually 670 right now for documentation purposes).

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Is Destina's side story the same as before or a new one? I skipped all the story scenes and only then read the patch notes which said something to the effect the side story settting up Episode 2? IS there a way to re-watch story scenes?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assumed it was a repeat and skipped everything as well so I can't say. Not that I'd honestly have remembered the first one enough to say even if I did watch it.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Is Destina's side story the same as before or a new one? I skipped all the story scenes and only then read the patch notes which said something to the effect the side story settting up Episode 2? IS there a way to re-watch story scenes?

From what I remember is almost the same, the only difference is in the end when Destina says the necessity to search for Ras (previously she doesn't give much specifics about it) , but this time she says she is going for Cidonia to search for Malicus and see what happened there because he wasn't answering her call on the Light spire which probably is the hook for the next chapter, Spirit Lords weakening , Ras and Destina go there to undesrtand what is happning. I don't remember the Ruele stuff exactly to say if something changed ...

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
From what I remember is almost the same, the only difference is in the end when Destina says the necessity to search for Ras (previously she doesn't give much specifics about it) , but this time she says she is going for Cidonia to search for Malicus and see what happened there because he wasn't answering her call on the Light spire which probably is the hook for the next chapter, Spirit Lords weakening , Ras and Destina go there to undesrtand what is happning. I don't remember the Ruele stuff exactly to say if something changed ...
Chapter 2: Ras and destina are trapped in a bubble and need the help of heirs and spirit lords to free them.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 2: Ras and destina are trapped in a bubble and need the help of heirs and spirit lords to free them.

I think the GG collab had a hook too for the next chapter with kayron stealing the power of creation, probably is something will be used as part of the plot.

the big question is will they improve Ras for Chapter 2 and make him worth to use?

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I am very amused, my defense team in Arena is a level 50 Celestial Mercedes with a lifesteal set. Someone attacked her with a full team and lost. I would LOVE to see how that battle went

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Been wanting to give my Luna a rage set. She was already using the weapon from Roses May Bloom and I had a couple good pieces from the raid but finally just got a hood helmet. Made the wholesale switch and was able to maintain almost all my stats but lost a little effectiveness. So since she's paired with Dizzy 100% of the time my Luna now puts out 30% more damage. There is a ton of room for growth still, all the gear but one piece is 70s tier (including one 50s). She's lower CP than Baiken, Lidica, Dizzy and Sol due to her speed and effectiveness being low, but at this point I'm just using her for her S1 to hit like a truck. Need to get her speed back up, but I like how the Rage set works, going to farm some of that up.

This is with a Def Break but no Attack Up, 43k damage (her soulburn S3 does 45).

31ufwu.gif

Sk57X4y.jpg

Unfortunately I speed crept my Dizzy gear to where she now doesn't start the Wyvern round with her S3 so I have to either pull some gear off and not be as fast in PvP or re-tune the rest of my team. Trying out TG now instead of Axe God but haven't invested the mola to get his S1 effectiveness where it needs to be. Regardless I'm still 100% auto but it takes a lot longer since everything is out of sync.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
Does any Era crew have a free slot? Was in a top 50-100 one, but they wanted to fuse with another one to aim for top 10, and that would be too much pressure and estress (and money to swap equipment), so i want something more relaxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.