• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Well I had no intention of trying to pull for Destina. Then I got her in my daily covenant summon. Huh.

That sort of makes up for the billion bookmarks I spent for Dizzy.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Does any Era crew have a free slot? Was in a top 50-100 one, but they wanted to fuse with another one to aim for top 10, and that would be too much pressure and estress (and money to swap equipment), so i want something more relaxed.

We can find a spot in EpicReset for you. We won our last four gw and are above rank 350 now but I'm waiting for the ceiling.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I saw someone call Destina butterfly sniffer and now I pulled her every time I use her 3rd skill I think of it and it makes me laugh

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the story. I enjoyed it for the most part. I would like to see more depth in Episode 2, but otherwise I thought it was ok.

Did my first 3 ML pulls. Got Elson, Aux Lots, and Guider Aither. Very pleased to have got Lots. Is Aither any good/what content is he viable in?

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the story. I enjoyed it for the most part. I would like to see more depth in Episode 2, but otherwise I thought it was ok.

Did my first 3 ML pulls. Got Elson, Aux Lots, and Guider Aither. Very pleased to have got Lots. Is Aither any good/what content is he viable in?

I think Guider Aither is pretty decent in Cleave teams. That's some good draws for your first 3. Congrats.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I finally reached rank 50 and max secret shop, is the goal to only buy 70+ normal ring/boots/necklaces with decent stats, stuff like swords/chest/helmet I ignore.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

The story in World Difficulty is different and a continuation of the normal difficulty story.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Cool tip if anyone is on Abyss 88: Use sol and a def breaker like luna.

If you trigger his 70% threshold with an att and def break him, he'll do his Last Requiem and summon the Liches, and Sol will Viper two times in a row. Looks like the skill doesn't go on cooldown after one trigger and the amount of triggers depends on how many things the boss does before the turn ends. Did almost 120k dmg

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I managed to get a 5* from Mystic Summons!!!!

It was Iron Fan...............................................................................

Close to dropping the game, since I just don't have the time to keep up with the grind treadmill. If anyone would like a fairly decent account and knows how to unbind a Google account let me know.

Notable Chars

Warrior: Luna, C Lorina, Yufine, Sol, Sigret, Axe God(non SC)
Knight: F Kluri, Bask, Shadow Rose
Thief: Sez, Cidd, Kayron, BB Karin, Baiken
Ranger: Yuna
Mage: Tenebria, Celestial Mercedes, Dizzy
Soul Weavers: Tamarinne, Diene, Angelica, Destina, Ruele of Light, Achates, Rin, Lots, Requiemroar

My rangers are weak (just keep whiffing on Iseria and Bellona), but the Soul Weaver slot is stacked.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing to keep up with, if you don't care about PVP. Every piece of story content can be cleared fairly easily, and events are purposefully built to not require a powerful team. Abyss isn't time limited so you can do it whenever you want at your leisure, and every time they open new floors they nerf the previous floors. Raid is also fairly easy, and hard mode is just for those who enjoy RNG or torturing themselves. It's a lot like an MMO.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I am glad I am still behind on what is offered. I don't think I will clear some of the 11 hunts anytime soon. I haven't really touched raid, and still have 10 stages left to clear in the abyss. I've caught up a good bit thanks do Dizzy, but still don't feel that I have exhausted the content that is there. I hope season 2 can bring something to the table to reinvigorate the interest of some of ya'll lapsed players. Sometimes being ahead of the curve isn't all that.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday was a good day

- finally reached Rank 50 so i can start shopping lvl 85 rings/necklace
- pulled Wind Rider (Artifact) and Destina (Héro) back to back .....sweet.
- unlocked the Raid Labyrinth

Now I need to figure out what units to best invest in for Wyvern farming. Lack of gear and 6* units means this will take a while though xD

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The Wyvern grind is kind of soul sucking. I'm stupidly trying to win via speed in Arena and my 222 Dizzy is constantly outsped but almost all gear has 7 speed or better. Getting the right gear to drop AND have it roll properly is insane. I really enjoy Arena but without spending any in game currency to refresh I'm capping out at Challenger III with a 20% defensive win rate but only a 70% offensive win rate.

Might just bite the bullet and bring along a Helga for the imprint, not sure I really want to go through Roozids specialty change.

I'm also think of trying out a Turn 2 team with a speedy ML Rin. Even though I'll eventually run into Hurado's.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
The Wyvern grind is kind of soul sucking. I'm stupidly trying to win via speed in Arena and my 222 Dizzy is constantly outsped but almost all gear has 7 speed or better. Getting the right gear to drop AND have it roll properly is insane. I really enjoy Arena but without spending any in game currency to refresh I'm capping out at Challenger III with a 20% defensive win rate but only a 70% offensive win rate.

Might just bite the bullet and bring along a Helga for the imprint, not sure I really want to go through Roozids specialty change.

I'm also think of trying out a Turn 2 team with a speedy ML Rin. Even though I'll eventually run into Hurado's.

At my absolute most, using Cidd/Roozid/SSS Surin speed imprints, I can hit around 250 speed on my fastest character. If I were to move around all my speed gear with no regard for the character's usability, I could maybe get that to 260 with imprints.

I run into people who are 30-40% down the turn meter from my 250 speed character without using imprints at all. I gave up trying to compete because I don't even understand how you can get 270+ speed innately - there's a Vildred/Roozid user I see that I've been told is around 283. On top of that, specializing in a speed team is pointless now with the existence of ML Baal who will just cut in line and shut down everything. He's extremely common in Champion, for a while I was taking screenshots of refreshes where ml baal/aramintha were in all 5 teams but seeing that isn't even novel anymore.

Fortunately I have Ruele who is a solid foundation for a second-turn team. I've been keeping my head above water in the new Dizzy meta by bringing Destina out of cold storage and setting her up for effect resist, but she's just too unreliable. I had a lot of fun fighting ml aramintha/baal teams with my evade+revive shenanigans but my old strats haven't held up since Dizzy.

But yeah, things are gonna change for me soon. I got two galaxy bookmarks from two raid entries last night (saved up from last week) which let me roll ML again. I got Maid Chloe a couple rolls ago and I'm already the omega luckshitter when it comes to ML 5*, but the game wasn't done and dropped ML Ken into my lap. Got a lot of work ahead of me (molas and banshee souls) but he's top priority now.

I so badly need a molagora reset. I've got a lot of highly invested evolutionary dead ends lying around - for a while I relied heavily on Ravi, as she was my only natural 5* for the first month of the game. Cidd and Luna I still use a lot, but I don't rely on them as much as I thought I would. I spent some on SS Achates and Guider Aither thinking I'd use them in a lot of content, but they are sitting around ungeared now. I have some molas in Silk and Yuna as well, from when they were essential to my PVE/PVP as Cidd's activators. So on so forth. I'm just really spread thin. I have a lot of mediocre gear spread around and I can create many viable teams for mid-level content, but even my +10 Luna stood no chance in Abyss 90 so I had to cheese it with Kiris. No Diene/Tamarinne either, it seems absurd that someone with as much ML luck as I do could complain about not having X but it's just silly how much content seems to be created assuming you have them.

Hopefully either the guild raid content lets me use my whole roster, or they free our molagoras and give us more regular free unequip days. Would be nice if they said something tomorrow.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

Congrats on the ML Ken! Still waiting for my first 5* ML unit!

Haha 280+ speed, that's not encouraging. I swear those people must have +15 speed rolls on all their gear, which was the root of my complaint, I've had plenty good drops in Wyvern but after going to roll them I get one or two in speed and the rest in other stats and end up with 7 speed on average, I think my best piece of gear has 10 speed. In the end you really want gear that stacks all in one sub-stat too, in this case speed. It's to the point where my gold supply is so low that I'm not enhancing perfectly good gear because it started with 1 speed instead of 4 or after getting to +6 I abandon it when nothing rolls to speed.

With the PvE content largely exhausted I'm kind of just screwing around with arena but I don't have any of the key members for a tank team (Krau, C. Armin, RoL) so I need to get creative since raw speed isn't cutting it for me. I was thinking ML Rin because I could get her to 250+ speed and have her put up Immunity and target Dizzy teams, but I'd have to sacrifice my Dizzy gear or get a whole new set. I think that would at least get me to Champion.

I could also try replacing my Angelica with Destina (started to build her up last night) and with the same comp be more robust against Dizzy that are faster than me, which is common in Challenger. I found a nice 85 Speed ring with Effect Resistance as a main and Defense%/Health% as sub-stats. She's so slow I worry about getting lapped so I want to go speed set, but I'm not sure whether I want to just put Immunity on her or stack Effect Resist. Not really sure how to build her.

Fortunately I've been super stingy with Mola's. The only dead end units I have are Fluri and Taranor Guard with only about 10 molas sunk, but I would appreciate a recall event and after the collab and all the new units a free unequip event is sorely needed.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
After saving up to get the arena ring I was finally able to pick it up...only for every stat boost to go into effect resistance. Didn't know that could happen. Guess the slate would have been a better investment.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After saving up to get the arena ring I was finally able to pick it up...only for every stat boost to go into effect resistance. Didn't know that could happen. Guess the slate would have been a better investment.

It's probably the worst thing about the game, you finally get a decent piece of high level gear and then all the upgrades go into the worst stat. Multiple layers of RNG are always a pain in the arse.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
Finally cleared abyss 80. With the 2 mystic summons I got Assassin Coli and Blaze Dingo. Pretty happy I didn't have to use Kiris to cheese any of the floors. The funny thing is I just started working on getting my normal Coli to 5* because I have enough dupes to SSS her, then I was thinking maybe I should save them for Assassin Coli if I ever pull her and then today happens!

I'm not sure yet if the 2 summons are any good but I suppose it could be worse with another shitty 3* Elson/Sven/Gunther lol

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Cleared 10-10 on World difficulty, some of the last levels made me realise I need more Light characters. Seeing as the story ended there, they should probably create a timeline of sorts before Episode 2 because with all the substories it's a mess. Are the substories canon or not anyway?

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Cleared 10-10 on World difficulty, some of the last levels made me realise I need more Light characters. Seeing as the story ended there, they should probably create a timeline of sorts before Episode 2 because with all the substories it's a mess. Are the substories canon or not anyway?

Someone posted this unofficial time line a while ago in the discord spoiler channel.
xVCaabE.jpg

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Free unequip is long overdue and I can make a lot of much-needed changes. Of course it happens right after I get through abyss 90 though.

Not expecting to suddenly be able to compete in speed arena, because last time this happened everyone else got faster too. But it's just in time for me to get some of my new acquisitions up and running. I've also got the components of an extremely strong speed/critdmg set strewn about multiple characters that I might move over to Lidica or Bellona.

Oct 25, 2017
last unequip event I wasnt in a position that I could do much with it, now though, definitely. Sharing my Luna set with Cermia should make beating golem 11 a cinch.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So doing World difficult it's about 1 Stamina per AP point right? 8 Stamina per run and you get 8 points?

Nice that it's only gonna cost 3,600 stamina for Mont's SC. That's not ridiculous at all.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the KR post has Conquest Points instead of AP for the SC, and it's 800.

Sooooo, who knows.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pity "Storage", well, isn't. I'd love to be able to "vault" characters I've raised but aren't planning to currently use, or that I'm saving for memory imprints later or whatever.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Pulled Vildred from daily today, the ultimate dog walker has come home

Kind of hyped to get banshee and a11 set up now. Was gonna do it anyways with Bell, cidd, Jecht and Baiken, but might swap one in for vildred.

Also Mont looks really good. At least compared to the last sc (Rik my boy you gotta get buffed). Might swap her in for pvp shenanigans. Easy to get high effect resist on her.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Also Mont looks really good. At least compared to the last sc (Rik my boy you gotta get buffed). Might swap her in for pvp shenanigans. Easy to get high effect resist on her.

Congrats on Vildred, he's a very fun unit and obviously very auto-friendly.
Let me know whether you end up building him for speed or ATK, I'm still not sure which way is best.

Concerning Rikoris: On paper, his specialty chance should make him a great unit to use in the current meta, no? AoE disspell, speed up, more disspell shenanigans, stun... Why don't people try to make him work?
Not that I would know how to use him, my Captain Rikoris is sporting some fashionable level 55 gear at +2 and looks cute on the bench, while I still try to get my 6th 6* in a billion months worth of playtime.

PvP is becoming more and more frustrating, I can't keep up with people with the same playtime because I can't min-max my units right and have choice-paralysis when it comes to changing gear or picking a core team.
Thanks for the free unequip, where I'll stare at that level 41 ring I have maxed and can't bring myself to put on a level 55 over it, because then I'll have to start leveling that one up all over again (and we all know how much Effectiveness stats love me apparently).

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Mont's specialty change is interesting, that full tree is going to be powerful with high effective resist and the ability to reset the cooldown if not debuffed. I'll probably build her and replace Angelica in PvP. Was holding off on Destina to see what kind of ability she got.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Congrats on Vildred, he's a very fun unit and obviously very auto-friendly.
Let me know whether you end up building him for speed or ATK, I'm still not sure which way is best.

Concerning Rikoris: On paper, his specialty chance should make him a great unit to use in the current meta, no? AoE disspell, speed up, more disspell shenanigans, stun... Why don't people try to make him work?
Not that I would know how to use him, my Captain Rikoris is sporting some fashionable level 55 gear at +2 and looks cute on the bench, while I still try to get my 6th 6* in a billion months worth of playtime.

PvP is becoming more and more frustrating, I can't keep up with people with the same playtime because I can't min-max my units right and have choice-paralysis when it comes to changing gear or picking a core team.
Thanks for the free unequip, where I'll stare at that level 41 ring I have maxed and can't bring myself to put on a level 55 over it, because then I'll have to start leveling that one up all over again (and we all know how much Effectiveness stats love me apparently).

Atk/cdmg for cleave arena, spd for general stuff. Think I'll probably do spd set and atk boots like I have on my Cidd. That way he'll be generally good for everything. (Unless I eventually find those mythical 40 spd 40% atk boots with crit/crit dmg)

As for Rik, I think it's a matter of two things.

A) His niche isn't really required/optimal right now. He's basically a support but they tried to give him bruiser stats and thus he kind of sucks as both. Not fast enough to be a reliable support and not tanky enough to be a reliable bruiser. His damage is probably alright due to def break, but this leads to ->

B) The meta right now is entirely not in his favor. It's full light meta atm. C armin, Ruele, ml baal, ara ...
He might be good against axe god, s rose, kitty clarissa and the like but it feels hard to argue to bring him in against one of them.

Also I hate his tree so much. Literally the only interesting thing on there is the party hit chance increase. I have no clue why they didn't buff his s2 with something from the tree.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The QoL updates here are pretty nice, makes the game a lot more newbie friendly. Not what the older players wanted but it's good stuff for the longevity of the game and retaining new players.

The unequip event is great, can shuffle a little gear around but most the characters I want to experiment with are still at 4 and 5*.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
It's probably datamined animations from that girl on the banner you can just about make out on one of the screenshots from today's patch note:
22tmnh7os4131.png

People speculate it's the same girl they "accidentally" had in another screenshot for some arena changes:
bcckf6f9m1v21.jpg

Edit: Alright, just caught up on the datamine spoilers. The animation isn't from Luluca but from
ML Cecilia:
KwX00pz.png

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, well if she's actually dark that means Mystic and then ML, or as I like to think of it "never".

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Fallen CeCe in this current meta is just ridiculous. Expect more dispellers of all elements to be crept in to make things more manageable. Hell, I'm expecting a unit that does increased damage the more buffs the target has on.

Luluca seems cool, but I'm not completely sold because I've got Tywin if I need a AoE Def break from a water unit. I would love her artifact though.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Are you talking about the Adventurers Path and Help tab?

Yes, the adventure tab has a ton of beneficial rewards (entire Epic 55 destruction set!) on top of not so subtlety encouraging players to promote phantasmas, hunt, craft, try the different modes, etc. The game is really dense and not super easy to pick up on, the guidance will be nice for new players all the while boosting them through episode 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.