• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Finally got around to doing 10 - 10, and my ML summon was Challenger Dominiel, who is apparently pretty good, which is neat. Seems like she'll be good with Alexa in Wyvern since I'm building her for Crit.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently game wants me to focus on Golem.

Screenshot_20190605-100304.png

I noticed that getting in to good guild adds much to enjoyment of gameplay and the fact that starting from new server worked for me, enjoying much more than hopping in to mature server.
Getting closer to that moment where I can make Tera Phantasma to 5* (2nd last adventure mission, last is to get character to 6*) without using max level Phantasmas. After that its to focus getting B&S to 6*.

Nice roll, welcome to the world of E7.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
I have NO need for her, I have NO gear to spare even among the units I have now, and still I want to summon. Gachas I swear.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well here I am thinking I'm gonna win my first guild war battle and I'm stuck with this bitch ass Angelica that Clarissa and Dizzy can't land and single fucking debuff on. Had to yeild after 10 minutes of not being able to out dps her

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
When you guys are farming Hell difficulty in side stories how many fodder units are you able to take in your team? And what is your guys' core farming team?

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
When you guys are farming Hell difficulty in side stories how many fodder units are you able to take in your team? And what is your guys' core farming team?

Definitely depends on the stage and how much of a struggle it is. For example in the Guilty Gear event Kayron was solo-able with Ravi for me. Zeno, despite being an easier boss was full of water units in the first two fights making Ravi a struggle as she needs some time to warm up so despite having an easier boss here I either had to adjust for a different farmer or bring an extra hero.

This current event I can technically solo with Ravi but the chance of her spending days attacking mobs because of provoke is fairly high making some runs take forever. I bring three heroes just to breeze through it.

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Usually i bring 2 lvl 60 + 2 fodders.

If the boss is water/earth i use vildred and baiken/luna

If the boss is fire i use luna and tamarine

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a boring patch but I assume they're saving up everything for episode 2. I've got around 200 loose bookmarks I can waste without touching my 10-11k skystones, don't want her badly but I like rolling. It's nice how fast skystones pile up, I went totally broke going to double pity on Dizzy (which was dumb but resulted in Maid Chloe and ML Ken so NO RAGRETS).

depends, throughout the guilty gear event I was able to easily bring 2 fodder + Baiken/Dizzy/Sol while I was leveling them to 60 along with my carry unit. Arbiter Vildred is core to my grind squads because he clears waves so fast and is pretty durable with his revive. The best thing is when he one shots the first two waves due to his S3's reset-on-kill mechanic and the fact that it has no animation until he's full focus. Before him I used a lifesteal Bellona a lot. I have some +15 ML Ken supports and the like but I try not to rely on them too much.

If there's no bonus units involved i'll often only bring 1 fodder. Maybe not the most efficient, but I have like 27 6* heroes already, who gives a shit at this point. I'd rather it go faster.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if I roll for this, with the 2nd chapter we will probably get some new characters on the pool, maybe is better to save and pull after the release, hmmm decisions decisions ...

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if I roll for this, with the 2nd chapter we will probably get some new characters on the pool, maybe is better to save and pull after the release, hmmm decisions decisions ...

We might get more info on the new chapter before the banner ends so you could always wait too. I'm sitting on 10k skystones and 1k bookmarks and I'm still going to wait.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it takes so much time and effort to build a unit that unless you really, really want someone right now, it's better to pass and focus on your existing roster.

New unit looks like another utility mage that's somewhat similar to Dizzy. I think I'll pass on her. Don't like her enough to justify the effort.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont have a use for Luluca, but love her design and really want her. However since I dont get shit in this game, I'm ready to just hit 0 skystones and bookmarks with nothing to show for it.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it takes so much time and effort to build a unit that unless you really, really want someone right now, it's better to pass and focus on your existing roster.

New unit looks like another utility mage that's somewhat similar to Dizzy. I think I'll pass on her. Don't like her enough to justify the effort.

Yup, I'm still trying to build Mont which is another ice character. I really don't need another on my roster and I have Luna and TG for ice Defense Break if I really need it.

Might be a good PvP unit though if her speed is right and she can open with an AoE Def Break. Better option than Tenebria because of the red typing and has better artifacts than Tywin. But I'm not about to optimize an new speed set for the level of PvP I'm in, my best speed set already gets constantly outsped.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, I'm still trying to build Mont which is another ice character. I really don't need another on my roster and I have Luna and TG for ice Defense Break if I really need it.

Might be a good PvP unit though if her speed is right and she can open with an AoE Def Break. Better option than Tenebria because of the red typing and has better artifacts than Tywin. But I'm not about to optimize an new speed set for the level of PvP I'm in, my best speed set already gets constantly outsped.
How do I even get good gear sets anyway? Grinding wyvern? Using the forge thing to make stuff? Or both?

My best gear sets are the reward sets I got from the recent adventurer quest line.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like thanks to Wyvern, most people have an abundance of Ice. From building for wyvern and then building Ice you like.

My 6 stars are
Ice:
Kise
Luna
Montmont
Angelica
Sigret

Earth:
Bellona
Rin
Silk

Fire:
Serila
Achates
Cermia
Hazel

Dark/Light:
Wanda

And if I Pull Luluca, thats another ice I'll 6*, when I dont even have a full earth team yet (and 0 knights). Thanks to gear limits and molas as well, only my Ice units are really built up.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Discussed this in the Discord, but Luluca seems quite subpar, especially in her element. Ice is so loaded at the moment.

They really needed to make her S1 scale much harder on low health targets, even if the base multiplier was something like 0.6. We know world bosses are coming, and those bosses usually have insane health pools where you take them down with a bunch of other players asynchronously. Imagine going into a world boss with 10% health with a Luluca who did 300% damage to enemies at 1% health. She now has instant usage and a powerful niche.

As it stands...she's a defense buffer that kinda scales as the battle goes on? Defense up is great, and rare, but outside of that she doesn't really excite me. And not having 100% defense down on S3 is really disappointing.

Will save.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
How do I even get good gear sets anyway? Grinding wyvern? Using the forge thing to make stuff? Or both?

My best gear sets are the reward sets I got from the recent adventurer quest line.

Arena gear. The S2 arena gear isn't that great because of the attack set, the S1 gear was probably better (health set), but it is still Tier 88 Epic gear with great sub-stats so you can put it on a bruiser. I put S2's on Sol and that was enough or him to take out Golem 11.

Abyss gear. My Chaos Sect Axe still rocks the Abyss 85 set and my Lidica the Abyss 71 set. You can get to decent speeds with those sets, maybe in the ~175 range. But you'll need a speed set to start cracking 200. I use Chaos Sect Axe in farming and Challenger Arena. I use Lidica in Hell Raid and she was a mainstay on my Abyss team all the way to 90.

The game also gives out some good Tier 71 freebies now and then. The Roses May Bloom side-story gave away 3 that I still have equipped, they did one around Christmas, and for one of their download celebrations they gave a great necklace out.

But yeah, running Wyvern with the chance at drops and then crafting (usually boots since they are hardest to come by) are the main source. If you get really into the game the optimal way to play is; Farm Wyvern, use stones to refresh shop, buy any covenant bookmarks and buy good gear. Buying covenant bookmarks from the shop will net you more than trading stones for bookmarks and at the same time you can search for good gear. The gold you get from farming Wyvern should cover the bookmarks and any gear you find. But that is a massively boring way to play to me. I'm not into farming hunts and really just do the daily hunt and move on.

I should say my Luna has a rage set that used a freebie and drops from the Normal Raid boss encounters. The drop rates there aren't good but it's possible to slowly build up sets through there as well.

Last edited:

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably throw some pulls at Luluca, I could go for someone with defense buff and offensive capabilities; if I already had Krau that'd be a different story. That said I don't really see myself throwing all that much at the banner with season 2 coming soon, hoping for new 3*/4*s in the general pool.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest

There is also the raid lab when you're ready for it. While the gear there is only 67 (88 for hard) they are still quite strong and at least make decent fodder. The stuff you can buy from the raid shop is expensive but aren't bad either, the rolls could also be extremely favourable as you level it. I'm still using quite a few 67 red pieces from the raid.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. I'm saving crests since I can't afford the full arena set yet, plus I figure I might as well wait to see what the S3 set is.

I haven't cleared any raid yet but I could try to go again. Last time I stepped in, I lost before getting to the first boss, but my team is quite a bit better now and might make it.

Same for Abyss. I'm at around floor 50 or so.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. I'm saving crests since I can't afford the full arena set yet, plus I figure I might as well wait to see what the S3 set is.

I haven't cleared any raid yet but I could try to go again. Last time I stepped in, I lost before getting to the first boss, but my team is quite a bit better now and might make it.

Same for Abyss. I'm at around floor 50 or so.

You'll get there. For the S2 gear, even though it is attack set you could still benefit a lot from the ring and necklace. Accessories are so hard to get and their main and sub stats are great. If you were to spend on some, those would be the two to grab before the season ends. Your DPS unit would really appreciate them and you could still build a set around your other gear (i.e. my Baiken uses both of those pieces but a speed set for the rest of the gear). Their main stats and sub stats will outweigh any broken set it causes.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Would the new artifact decrease skill cooldown by one even if the cooldown skill itself is the non-attack skill used? Either way, sounds like a powerful artifact. Luluca is gateway loli bait, and it won't get any better from here on out. Strange times are ahead for all of us.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Would the new artifact decrease skill cooldown by one even if the cooldown skill itself is the non-attack skill used? Either way, sounds like a powerful artifact. Luluca is gateway loli bait, and it won't get any better from here on out. Strange times are ahead for all of us.
I'm assuming so.

To me the artifact feels like a weaker Etica's. Although maybe there are scenarios where it's better.

Edit:
It didn't go down for maintenance. Luluca's banner is up.

After this current week it'll be ML Ceci and still ML Rin? I started saving my mystics after floor 88(?) I'll try and see if there's a week with Lidicia, not keen on Ludwig.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Uh.

Luluca is in. No maintenance today. ML Ceci is also in the journal (but you can't roll for her).

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
200 bookmarks was my limit. I wanted the artifact more than Luluca.

Got 2 artifacts. Mission successful.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Her being up already is a shocker. Got her in under 100 marks.

Pretty much have 5 dogs ready to 6* her but gonna wait until next week in case I get Cecilia.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Was going to go for 50 bm, got her in 20 bm. Oh god why did I even pull her.

That said, no downtime for the banner transition is amazing.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I was thinking about adding Luluca to my wyvern hunting team, but her damage coefficients really aren't appealing. I threw 100 BM at her banner, got her artifact and a couple of 4*, but probably won't do anything more.

Now If I could get Fallen Cecilia, on the other hand... But that's just wishfull thinking...

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure whether to spend the Mystic Summons for a shot at Baal or Violet or wait for Fallen Cecilia.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Got Luluca within 570 bookmarks, so just slightly under what would've been a pity on a lmiited banner. I lucksacked hard this time around, getting spooked with Vildred AND Yufine before Luluca showed up, on top of getting Uberius Tooth before Spirit's Breath. 3 SSR characters and 2 SSR artifacts in 114 rolls. Yep, I'm officially a luckshitter.

Unfortunately, despite all of my investment I simply cannot see Luluca as a worthwhile hero mechanically. She's just subpar all around. Her S3 multiplier, even at max stacks, is lower than Charlotte's, with a max 75% def break chance ruining her utility as a PvP opener and making her completely useless as a Wyvern 11 support (you CANNOT have uncertainty in your def breaks if you want optimal runs). Her S1 scaling is pure garbage and makes no sense when Kayron is right over there with a 30% damage bonus for being at 1 HP (a condition, I might add, that is very easy to satisfy since he has built-in immortality, AND his S1 is AoE when he's buffed). Her S2 is her ONLY good skill, and even then, the barrier element is useless with scaling as low as it is.

She needs a Ken or Tamarinne-style buff to be worth fielding. As it is? I'm using her purely because I'm starved for water units (I didn't pull for Luna, Dizzy, or Kise) and because I kind of like her voice and looks. If she doesn't get buffed she'll pretty quickly get shelved for better units down the line.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
It's good. It's kind of funny to see her maintain 100% uptime on her def buff with it on, since even my Diene doesn't manage to pull that off. I'm sure they'll one day add another utility mage with an S2 buff that will be happy to have it.

I don't really have many mages to call my own, but I was wondering if my C.Dom could make good use of it to become an even more competent CR pusher for certain modes like abyss.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, you're right, yeah. It's good for C. Dom if you wanna use her for pushing and crit rate buff. It's also good for Auxiliary Lots and his crazy S2 for DPS carry shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.