• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Just a heads up for folks not keeping up with coupon codes: if you're on android, you can redeem the codes Golem, Legend, Arkasus, and Stigma for energy and other rewards. There's a coupon button on the top right of the Event's tab which lets you input them. If you're on iOS, you need to use an emulator.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh not having luck on Abyss 90. Can get to Specter Tenebria and get her down to half health but my Luna has trouble surviving a double attack. Its easier to get there with Sira Ren on Dizzy otherwise I struggle on the Phantom phase keeping Aither silenced, stunned, asleep, etc. But if I use Sira Ren I risk debuffing Specter Tenebria and that just causes her to heal. I can basically survive infinitely with Angelica, Dizzy, and Mont but can't do enough damage if Luna dies.

Eh, tried a few more times, Luna is just getting melted in that second Tenebria stage. I wonder if I should use Dizzy's S3 and try and fight through the healing since I have a Rage set on Luna. Might keep her alive longer. I just can't keep immunity up as much as I was hoping since the Souls get burned and Mont only applies immunity to a single target.

I could resort to Kiris cheese I suppose, we'll see if they nerf it though when they release new floors. Lidica is probably far better for that last floor too but I'm not sure if I used her instead of Dizzy that I'd survive to get there.

Last edited:

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I was not planning on farming tree fragments and buying out Luluca's shop, but looks like I will want to now.

I used my free summon and did a courtesy summon on the limited banner and got artifacts. For some reason i just hate my last summon being an artifact, proceeded to get 4 more artifacts switched to pulling the limited banner and got more artifacts, now I pissed and raged summoned some more and Luluca fell into my roster only cost me 50 bookmarks.

not sure what to do with her, probably her and Angelica looks like they can keep my team alive longer if i time spaming shield/health/defense buffs but that seems like over kill.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've been using the Spirit Alters as my method of grinding during the fire hours.

I'm gonna be super close to maxing out Helga once her SC drops.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Abyss 90 complete! Monty ended up being better than my Angi for keeping debuffs cleared. Dizzy couldn't survive sub 50% so I had to stop being stubborn and swap up her gear bit trading out her crit% neck and attack% ring for hp%. Apparently going from 7k to 11k hp does a lot for living, who knew?
xdJCJHz.jpg

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Abyss 90 is absurd, I don't see how to stay alive. It's so easy to get to Specter Tenebria to half health but she just goes ballistic. Have Wondrous Potion Vial on Mont and Prophetic on Angelica to keep the healing up. Mont's healing isn't great
Abyss 90 complete! Monty ended up being better than my Angi for keeping debuffs cleared. Dizzy couldn't survive sub 50% so I had to stop being stubborn and swap up her gear bit trading out her crit% neck and attack% ring for hp%. Apparently going from 7k to 11k hp does a lot for living, who knew?

Ugh I'm trying basically the same team all day and coming up short. What is the other healer you are using? Did you use Dizzy S3 or just S1 under 50%? My dizzy doesn't have a problem staying alive burn my Luna is getting wrecked. Maybe I need to beef her with some HP% gear too.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I am stuck on abyss 82. I don't have any AoErs whatsoever, and that really bites me in the ass on that stage.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Abyss 90 is absurd, I don't see how to stay alive. It's so easy to get to Specter Tenebria to half health but she just goes ballistic. Have Wondrous Potion Vial on Mont and Prophetic on Angelica to keep the healing up. Mont's healing isn't great

Ugh I'm trying basically the same team all day and coming up short. What is the other healer you are using? Did you use Dizzy S3 or just S1 under 50%? My dizzy doesn't have a problem staying alive burn my Luna is getting wrecked. Maybe I need to beef her with some HP% gear too.
The other healer I'm using is Tamarinne with a Rod of Amaryllis, she's a pretty strong healer with a lot of utility. Dizzy only used her s1 and s2. My Luna is somewhat stocky at 834 defense and 9.8k health.

Yeah, Mont's healing wasn't great; but I could generally soulburn her s3 once between spectre ults which helped a bit. She had potion vial and mostly existed to resist and cleanse people

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The other healer I'm using is Tamarinne with a Rod of Amaryllis, she's a pretty strong healer with a lot of utility. Dizzy only used her s1 and s2. My Luna is somewhat stocky at 834 defense and 9.8k health.

Yeah, Mont's healing wasn't great; but I could generally soulburn her s3 once between spectre ults which helped a bit. She had potion vial and mostly existed to resist and cleanse people

Ah I thought it was Tama. I just traded some Luna attack for some HP, see if that helps keep her alive. Might slow things down but might help. I might try and get Angie speedier at the trade for some health (right now she has 19k hp for wyvern) and give her Vial as well instead of Prophetic. Might help cut down on the debuff RNG.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
how to beat light spirit altar 10? Its the only one I cant beat.

You need to be fast. Each attack lowers the boss' defense only for it to reset after the boss attacks. Characters with extra turn mechanics, def break, attack+speed buff, assist attacks all help. This is actually the only one I needed to swap my regular team for some other members to get through.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what genius thought it was okay for artifacts to completely ignore effect resistance? Dumb as fuck. Nerf artifacts, thanks.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Ah I thought it was Tama. I just traded some Luna attack for some HP, see if that helps keep her alive. Might slow things down but might help. I might try and get Angie speedier at the trade for some health (right now she has 19k hp for wyvern) and give her Vial as well instead of Prophetic. Might help cut down on the debuff RNG.

Tried that all out and now my Luna DPS is too weak to brute force Aither. Never got back to the final phase. Invested a lot of Molas into Angie and Mont to try and beat this to no avail so far. Had to switch gear back for GW tomorrow.

I'll give it a go again when there is an unequip event. I'm too geared towards PvP and Hunts specifically and shuffling gear around for Abyss 90 is just too expensive.

Such a long battle to just fail at the end over and over while experimenting with gear too. I really dont want to Kiris cheese, I've made it this far without cheesing a single floor.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think it's possible to sustain any kind of team below 50%. Maybe with Crimson Armin, but that won't last forever.

Dizzy's S3 was key for me under 50%. Without it, she'd just one shot my entire team - just had to deal with her CR boosting afterwards. I think a lot of people burst her down with Tamarinne and a super jacked Luna/Lorina. No Tamarinne for me so I used Kiris and don't feel bad about it because that floor is horse shit.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Previously Dizzy dying resulted in less people to spread the hits and no CR down,she had Etica's it procced a decent bit, which led to Luna and then healers biting it.

For my clear it felt relatively safe sub 50% although that was a result of some decent luck with who got hit, when debuffs were applied, having Tama, and probably in the number of hits Luna layed down. There were only two Spectre Ult's which both hit Monty and she always resisted the AOE CR reduction/speed debuff and then cleared them from the team. Sub 50% is the sort of fight that can turn south fairly quickly which is a massive pain for how long it takes to get there. I had several attempts subbing out Dizzy for C.Armin since she'd add a lot more survivability to that last phase but then killing Aither would always be out of reach(50% provoke my ass). Glad to be done with it.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Do gear sets that are only two pieces stack? Like putting 6 pieces of health gear on destina for example

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I had several attempts subbing out Dizzy for C.Armin since she'd add a lot more survivability to that last phase but then killing Aither would always be out of reach(50% provoke my ass). Glad to be done with it.

That's my only issue. I love theory crafting and building new teams and swapping out gear. It's what makes the game fun, but to have to slog through 20 minutes of 3 phases before getting to the final phase makes it just not fun. I don't mind that it's difficult and kinda B.S. since it makes you think creatively and try out new units, but Abyss 90 could easily have cut out the first floor or the phase with the nightmares. If it was just Tene + Phantoms and then Spectre Tene it'd go much faster. Although I do burn two Arky's immediately when getting to the Tene+Phantoms stage, so I get having the ramp up floors, but having two ramp up floors isn't necessary. I can't imagine anyone that is attempting to beat it has trouble with Tene+2 Nightmares, and if they do they are going to get mopped up later.

Do gear sets that are only two pieces stack? Like putting 6 pieces of health gear on destina for example

Yes. Stacking health sets is pretty common practice.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. time to get my golem on

Been working on my Golem team myself, got Cermia built up but need to promote her to 6* before she can replace Baiken. I can't Auto 11 but I can reliably manual it if I feel like paying attention. We both started to late but the S1 Arena gear was all health sets, would have loved some of that right now.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
My ocd to 100% all the labyrinths before starting the raid has really been getting to me. That 2nd floor on nixied's sanctum is really something. I managed to 100% it and still missed one of the objectives.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
Isnt Dark Corvus quite good in PvP?

Never fought one. Heck, I don't think I ever even saw one, Guild Wars included. Always heard he's a big pile of muscle (read HP) and little else. But I suppose it could just be people exaggerating since galaxy bookmarks don't come easily and considering the 5* pool is full of monsters, getting someone that's just good may seem like a disappointment.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Never fought one. Heck, I don't think I ever even saw one, Guild Wars included. Always heard he's a big pile of muscle (read HP) and little else. But I suppose it could just be people exaggerating since galaxy bookmarks don't come easily and considering the 5* pool is full of monsters, getting someone that's just good may seem like a disappointment.
He's my only ml 5 star but my opinion of him turned with ml aram and Baal. His usefulness is making up for not being ml Ken.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
The things I'd do for a Sigret banner. She's not even all that, but I love everything about her.

As far as PVP goes, I hate/love that it boils down to who has a faster Dizzy and able to get S3/S2 off so the rest of the team can go wild.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
I didn't get her so my PVP game is pretty much try to survive til Destina gets a turn to cleanse all that garbage only to get hit with it again five seconds later because she's too damned fast.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
The things I'd do for a Sigret banner. She's not even all that, but I love everything about her.

As far as PVP goes, I hate/love that it boils down to who has a faster Dizzy and able to get S3/S2 off so the rest of the team can go wild.
My pvp solely revolves around Baiken being faster than their Dizzy and nuking either her or Luna, then use the increased combat effectiveness to let Dizzy debuff the enemy team before they get a turn. If their Dizzy gets a turn in first, I just set the fight to auto or forfeit.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
My pvp solely revolves around Baiken being faster than their Dizzy and nuking either her or Luna, then use the increased combat effectiveness to let Dizzy debuff the enemy team before they get a turn. If their Dizzy gets a turn in first, I just set the fight to auto or forfeit.
I have a similar setup, but Baiken and Dizzy are reversed. Dizzy uses either S2 or S3 (depending on if Baiken is next in the turn order). Baiken usually has enough bleed stacks to nuke Angelicas and bump Aram and Cele Tene to clean up the mess.

But yeah. If their Dizzy gets off S3 first, it's usually a wash. The amount of time and planning it'd require to make a comeback is silly, especially if we get hit with ATK Down.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I have a similar setup, but Baiken and Dizzy are reversed. Dizzy uses either S2 or S3 (depending on if Baiken is next in the turn order). Baiken usually has enough bleed stacks to nuke Angelicas and bump Aram and Cele Tene to clean up the mess.

But yeah. If their Dizzy gets off S3 first, it's usually a wash. The amount of time and planning it'd require to make a comeback is silly, especially if we get hit with ATK Down.

The Angelicas I face usually have immunity or too tanky for me so I generally don't bother checking and save her for last. It does lead to some dumb situations where it's just my Angelica + Sol vs their Angelica, and she can sustain her health faster than I can dish it until either Angelica lands a stun, or Sol lands a crit.

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using luluca intensively in abyss and it got me from beingstuck at 71 to easily beating 80. Only Lots (78?) gave me trouble in which I had to switch out Luna for Kiris. My goto team being tama lulu luna and cdom.

Idk how lulu fares 80+ tho but I'll give her a whirl. Her S2 has been magical so far.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Sounds like a load of bull to me. I know they go through resist checks in PvE, but I certainly don't see that in arena.
They go through resistance checks.

Get high enough effect resistance and you will see it.

I think this was tested on Reddit when this was first thought to be the case months ago.

You are just a victim to RNG.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
They go through resistance checks.

Get high enough effect resistance and you will see it.

I think this was tested on Reddit when this was first thought to be the case months ago.

You are just a victim to RNG.
I'd like to see some actual video evidence of this, because these 100+ matches in champion for the past few weeks are telling me otherwise. While we're at it, artifacts applying even when the character misses is hot garbage.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
He's my only ml 5 star but my opinion of him turned with ml aram and Baal. His usefulness is making up for not being ml Ken.
Look up TKGallant on YouTube or Twitch. He pretty much exclusively uses Dark Corvus in arena and guild wars. Funny dude too.
I've been using luluca intensively in abyss and it got me from beingstuck at 71 to easily beating 80. Only Lots (78?) gave me trouble in which I had to switch out Luna for Kiris. My goto team being tama lulu luna and cdom.

Idk how lulu fares 80+ tho but I'll give her a whirl. Her S2 has been magical so far.
How have you built her?

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
Look up TKGallant on YouTube or Twitch. He pretty much exclusively uses Dark Corvus in arena and guild wars. Funny dude too.

How have you built her?

Speed/crit and with etica's scepter +18 she got 40% chance of reducing cooldown at the beginning of each her turn. Which is better than her own artifact. Gotta keep her S2 available as much as possible.

YTKJiW2

Last edited:

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
So I got back into this the other day. Up to chapter 5 at account level 24 making my way through the story (just hit chapter 5). Had a couple questions though

1. At the beginning I managed to summon Destina, Sez and Haste and I'm not sure about a 4th. Of the three stars who does the job? Not that its a big deal atm since I'm still auto'ing everything. Would like to have a last character to start comfortably gearing up.

2. How should I be using my Breaths for upgrades? The order I mean. I'm not sure what I did with the first one but I have another 2 now to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.