• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie, I'm starting to feel the affects of the numerous amounts of rng in this game. The covenant summon has rates the same as FGOs, but without the guaranteed 4*. The mystic summon rates are even worse. And the real rng is trying to get usable gear. It's just beginning to feel frustrating. I can't even finish Lorina's SC because I haven't had an urgent missions in over 400 quests...

Maybe I should take a few days off.

Do you have C Armin? Cause if so enjoy those defence wins lol. Either way welcome back :) FGO thread was a bit quieter without you and HA around.
Yeah, there's a lot of RNG involved in the game, I feel like I'd go mad if I tried to force anything. Most of my energy is spent just farming out 6*s since that's a goal with measurable progress; and it's been a while since spammed hunts outside of the GM buffs, even then it's with an eye on hey lots of gold.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
They showed off Arbiter Vildred's changes before and I already mentioned that I think they went overboard. I wonder if this is a hint for how powerful Lilibeth's anti-revive will be, if they're thinking they needed to go this far.
Completely agree with this assessment. My question is how available will she be? Will she be limited so that most of us have a chance to get her?
Thanks for posting. Judge Waifu and Maid changes look really nice.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
My goal right now is to beat Abyss 90 before the new floors drop. I need a bit better gear and probably a unequip event to really take another stab at it. In the mean time I'm just farming side-stories to generate gold and level fodder (I have 15 5* dogs now lol) and then I burn the rest of my stamina on auto W11. Mostly been ignoring the raid, I'd much rather spend my time playing Arena which I find a lot of fun even though I'm stuck in Challenger III.

I don't really have a plan on who I want to 6* next. I have a lot of niche units that I don't think would see everyday use like Iseria, Cermia, and Haste so I might just sit on the dogs for a bit. Sez seems like the next likely candidate but I'm missing the other essential pieces for his cleave comp in PvP.

I've also got over 1,200 bookmarks and 13k skystones just waiting for something interesting enough to dive in. Half of me wants to spend it just to get ML summons since I still don't have a ML 5* and my only 4* are Blingo and ML Rin, but I know that's a fools errand.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, it was pretty demoralizing to spend the 1400 Mystic Medals I saved up for Tamarinne + Fallen Cecilia to get nothing. It was the one rotation where I would have been happy with either of the featured five stars.

I don't know why Violet had to be buffed. He was already really annoying in PvP. Judge Kise buff is appreciated, but I think she'll stay on the bench because I don't have have room for a mage with Tagehel's to enable her. I actually don't even have a max Tagehel's anyway haha.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Assassin Coli didn't really need to be buffed but silencing everyone after a stun instead of kill is fantastic. At some point I'll 6* her and use her.

I still don't see myself using Sigret even after her buff.

I bet some of these buffs won't effect anything and people still won't use Corvus, Cartuja or Purrgis.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Completely agree with this assessment. My question is how available will she be? Will she be limited so that most of us have a chance to get her?

Well, in the dev notes for 'new connection characters' she was in the screenshot. So maybe she'll be available from that, doesn't mean she isn't a 5* either since Yuna was. Her simply being a free unit could be their reasoning behind the buffs to characters with revives.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, for the AColi change, does this mean that she could benefit from some effectiveness? She usually moves first, so that means you can start most fights with an AoE silence.

That sounds borderline broken.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
So I finished 10-10. Kind of just worked my way through gradually. The stuff from adventurer's path made it pretty much a straight shot through. Especially the full attack/crit set you get somewhere in the third tier. Upgraded that set up my main attacker breezed it through for the rest of the story.

Seeing as my account is pretty old when I was finally able to do moonlight summons I had enough for three. All three stars ironically, Wanda, Mirsa and Requiemroar which I hear is pretty good. Then to wrap up I did a few summons to celebrate and managed to get Tywin in 60 bookmarks. Was just looking for a 4 star hero tbh. Pretty baller.

Still have a lot of resources though, the way to go is to save up for limited heroes, right?

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
So I finished 10-10. Kind of just worked my way through gradually. The stuff from adventurer's path made it pretty much a straight shot through. Especially the full attack/crit set you get somewhere in the third tier. Upgraded that set up my main attacker breezed it through for the rest of the story.

Seeing as my account is pretty old when I was finally able to do moonlight summons I had enough for three. All three stars ironically, Wanda, Mirsa and Requiemroar which I hear is pretty good. Then to wrap up I did a few summons to celebrate and managed to get Tywin in 60 bookmarks. Was just looking for a 4 star hero tbh. Pretty baller.

Still have a lot of resources though, the way to go is to save up for limited heroes, right?

Yup. I do believe we're starting to near the time for another possible limited hero summon, so ideally you'd want to save up for them since they're usually pretty meta defining (for better or for worse).

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Checking into this thread!

I had some rough weeks with work and health, and other gaming and E3, so lots of days I didn't even do my dailies. EpicEra vice-captains really stepping up, thanks guys. So no repeat of the multiple no-show Guild War fiasco from a few months back yet, phew.
Happy about the new chapter finally dropping, trying to catch up with the game again currently.

I still suck in PvP. So bad. And I'm still on Abyss level 53 or something. Haha. I resigned myself to be a middling Epic Seven player at best, and all I pull for is the husbandos - no luck on Tywin so far, and I want to save BMs for Kawerik when they finally release him.
PvP is fun when I encounter a team that hasn't optimized for speed and I can outspeed them with my Bellona, then have Cidd go before someone kills him to chop one of the poor souls down that got DEF broken by Bellona's first attack, then have him go again on someone after that kill, then finish them off with Vildred who is a slowpoke but the kill from Cidd usually pulls his combat readiness into a usable territory.
Destina is on the team for when things go haywire (=80% of the time), but she's not contributing that much. I wonder if Angelic Momo or Angelica with Idol's Cheer or Potion Vial would be better choices.

I have an alternate team to counter Dizzy, with a Luna with immunity set and Krau who just patiently sits there until he's near death enough for his S3 anyway. It's an okay strategy, but it's not good.
I would love to break into a higher Tier in PvP (been Master IV practically forever now), but I seem to lack good team comps and solid builds for this.
Also, fvck Idol's Cheer Angelicas with 13k health with a rusty fork.

Does anyone here have a good advice for ML Ken? I'm not convinced I built mine well, I thought Lifesteal would be great for PvP and Guild War, but it's meh.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Did a couple of pulls on the normal banner because I have Tywin and I got a 5*.

It was a dupe Destina. :|

I swear, it'd be nice to have even one 5* Ranger class...

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
This update coming up is basically an update for Mupod. He's in league with Super Creative and Smilegate.

Mou-watches-II.png

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I am deeply disturbed that Arbiter Vildred has 6 fingers in his artwork

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, for the AColi change, does this mean that she could benefit from some effectiveness? She usually moves first, so that means you can start most fights with an AoE silence.

That sounds borderline broken.

I already don't bother when I see her in a match-up, her base speed is ridiculous, I'll just keep ignoring her haha.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
This update coming up is basically an update for Mupod. He's in league with Super Creative and Smilegate.

Mou-watches-II.png

1 ML 5* for an active player since launch: Average to good luck depending who it is
2 ML 5*: Pretty lucky, even for whales
3 ML 5*: Confirmed smilegate mole to siren people into wasting bookmarks
6 ML 5*: ????

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
1 ML 5* for an active player since launch: Average to good luck depending who it is
2 ML 5*: Pretty lucky, even for whales
3 ML 5*: Confirmed smilegate mole to siren people into wasting bookmarks
6 ML 5*: ????
Clearly you've discovered which animal sacrifice is most favorable to the RNG gods.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here have a good advice for ML Ken? I'm not convinced I built mine well, I thought Lifesteal would be great for PvP and Guild War, but it's meh.
I'm no ML Ken expert but I think if you wanted to make him dangerous for PvP/guild wars you're supposed to build him around his guaranteed crit counterattack s2. So high crit damage, attack, and defensive stats so he doesn't die. The lifesteal set should still work fairly well depending on how it rolls, but at the very least you'd be looking for a neck with crit damage %.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Apparently running him with someone who has invincibility is highly recommended. I found he was a bit underwhelming until I got Sigurd's Scythe, running Lifesteal+Sigurds Scythe means its fairly hard to one shot him. I'm currently running Lifesteal+Crit w/ Sigurds Scythe. Ideally you'd want Crit Damage on your accessories (I currently have Atk on mine and Defence on my boots, which probably isnt optimal but 4K+ atk is fun). Investing in his S1 and S3 also pays off.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
About to make my fourth 6* I was thingking C.Lorina she is part of my general core team, but I'm stuck at Wyvern 11 and I have the option to 6* Clarissa, Karin, or Taranor Guard.

I'm leaning towards Clarissa I do want to at least beat wyvern 11 and work on an auto team.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
About to make my fourth 6* I was thingking C.Lorina she is part of my general core team, but I'm stuck at Wyvern 11 and I have the option to 6* Clarissa, Karin, or Taranor Guard.

I'm leaning towards Clarissa I do want to at least beat wyvern 11 and work on an auto team.

I use Clarissa but she still 5* , not necessary to make her 6* , she is just an armor breaker on my team. Between them I would 6* Karin (if you have R&L) she is a better Single target DPS than Clarissa ou Taranor, but it depends on what you need, if you already have a main DPS , you don't even need to 6* your armor breaker, just gear them well to no die on the first wave , get the necessary speed and invest the molas necessary to have a good chance to land the debuff with the effectiveness to do so. As my main DPs I use Luna , not an option to obtain anymore

Last edited:

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the reply, I don't have R&L that why I'm not considering doing too much with Karin. Another caveat I am interested in Clarissa she is the only true farming hero I have. I got her recently hoping it will make dog walking more bearable.

Al

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm also planning to 6* Clarissa since dog walking is 70-90% of the game for me. A better dog walker also means faster 6*-ing of everyone else.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the reply, I don't have R&L that why I'm not considering doing too much with Karin. Another caveat I am interested in Clarissa she is the only true farming hero I have. I got her recently hoping it will make dog walking more bearable.

Al

Joker is better for Karin on W11 than R&L (it might be debateable with a maxed out R&L but a maxed Jokers a hell of a lot easier to get)

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Joker is better for Karin on W11 than R&L (it might be debateable with a maxed out R&L but a maxed Jokers a hell of a lot easier to get)

I didn't test but yes you may be right , I use Joker on Luna, completely forgot about it , above a certain amount of HP (80000 or 100000 don't remember exactly) Joker is BiS for DPS , which is the case for Wyvern 11

Last edited:

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Just ran into the cancer that is two soul weavers (Momo and Angelica) both with Idol's Cheer + C. Armin and ML Tenebria.

It's just deflated me. Who thought letting Idols Cheer stack was a good idea.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Hit level 30 and my 5 star ended up being Krau. This is after getting Tywin yesterday. Is it a case of one over the other? I know Tywin has the defense break but Krau has that HP scaled damage and seems even tankier. Mainly thinking Wyvern. I'd imagine Tywin would be nice for arena

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Well by the sounds of it all the epic reset guilds are full, not much we can do about that.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Hit level 30 and my 5 star ended up being Krau. This is after getting Tywin yesterday. Is it a case of one over the other? I know Tywin has the defense break but Krau has that HP scaled damage and seems even tankier. Mainly thinking Wyvern. I'd imagine Tywin would be nice for arena

They can both be used in PvP or PvE.

Tywin is used for Def break then push a cleaver forward and buff them. Krau is great for soaking a lot of damage and then deleting an enemy unit with his S3.

They have different uses. I don't have Tywin but I love my Krau. He's my favorite man in the game.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is this side story a bit easier? I can do hell with 2 fodders, but last event I couldn't even do it with 1. Nothing has particularly changed on my side of things though.
Checking into this thread!

I had some rough weeks with work and health, and other gaming and E3, so lots of days I didn't even do my dailies. EpicEra vice-captains really stepping up, thanks guys. So no repeat of the multiple no-show Guild War fiasco from a few months back yet, phew.
Good to have you back Captain (and well hopefully).
Just ran into the cancer that is two soul weavers (Momo and Angelica) both with Idol's Cheer + C. Armin and ML Tenebria.

O damn, that sounds like hell tbh. I'm not even sure how I would deal with that.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Did a couple of pulls on the normal banner because I have Tywin and I got a 5*.

It was a dupe Destina. :|

I swear, it'd be nice to have even one 5* Ranger class...

I'd really like a 5* ranger too. I guess I have Schuri who is pretty good if a bit tough to build.

I actually don't think 6* will make a huge difference in wyvern unless she is your primary dps in there. Clarissa for walking needs mola and gear higher than she needs in w11 for Def breaking. That said, I've had some great Clarissa supports that make me super jelly. I don't think you can go wrong with either Clarissa or CLorina as they both have a purpose are qlare pretty good when invested.

Razmos is that you?

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Is it just me or is this side story a bit easier? I can do hell with 2 fodders, but last event I couldn't even do it with 1. Nothing has particularly changed on my side of things though.

Good to have you back Captain (and well hopefully).

O damn, that sounds like hell tbh. I'm not even sure how I would deal with that.

I get a bit stubborn when I run into stuff like that.

After that post, I stripped Baiken to gear BBK so I could use the AoE to wipe out that stealthing S.Tenebria. Then proceeded to take out everybody else.

Still, 2x Idol's Cheer is not something that should stack. If it was a bruiser with like 20k HP instead of Tenebria I don't know what I would've done.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Bah, didn't see that TG only def breaks at like 60% without lots of molas. I swapped him out for Karin in W11, and Karin actually seems to def break more often despite having it on her S2, and does more damage to boot.

I think I have enough dogs to 6* someone now, but I'm actually out of gold from promoting fodder lol.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Having two accounts between Global and EU was too overwhelming for me, even though i only logged in on the Global for the last two weeks. My EU account was much better anyway(Bellona,C.Dom, Luluca, Tammi etc.), so i decided to delete the Global account so i could just fully focus on EU without being tempted to login and keep the other one going as well.

So i was logged in on my Global account - klicked on "Delete Account".....welp....

Turns out this didnt just delete the Global account...but everything including my EU one.

Erm...yeah. Ive been happier.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Having two accounts between Global and EU was too overwhelming for me, even though i only logged in on the Global for the last two weeks. My EU account was much better anyway(Bellona,C.Dom, Luluca, Tammi etc.), so i decided to delete the Global account so i could just fully focus on EU without being tempted to login and keep the other one going as well.

So i was logged in on my Global account - klicked on "Delete Account".....welp....

Turns out this didnt just delete the Global account...but everything including my EU one.

Oh god, sorry to hear about that!
I saw some warning videos about that since that happened to a few people trying to re-roll on EU for a fresh start (losing their progress on global in the process).

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, sorry to hear about that!
I saw some warning videos about that since that happened to a few people trying to re-roll on EU for a fresh start (losing their progress on global in the process).
I blame myself for not looking the process up beforehand or reading whatever prompt you get better - looking back at it it kinda make sense that it would kill your whole account since thats the one tied to google/stove or whatever.

So yeah quite the bummer.
Only good news is that i could still get the free 5* if start a new one before July from the Episode 2 launch login/bonus.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017

Damn. That's awful.

Is there a way to recover your EU account? Does the game's tech support do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.