• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, I despise PvP in this game, was looking forward somewhat to the guild PVE stuff, but still nothing. If it didn't look so good to me I probably would have stopped playing by now as some systems are too rng for me.
And what is the next big thing? I usually find mobile games based on what I see on ERA but haven't noticed anything mentioned. There's also teh lottery of whether it will be available in the EU/for my phone, still can't play Dragalia Lost.
Pokémon Masters.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm thinking my next 6* should be one of my moonlight units since I currently have 6* Baiken, Dizzy, Sol and Sigret.

I currently have Celestial Mercedes, Assassin Koli, Assassin Cidd and Bloodblade Karin. all of them are really good in their own right, do you guys have any thoughts?
I'm most invested in Celestial Mercedes since she was my first moonlight summon (and I have her devotion skill at SSS)

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
I'm thinking my next 6* should be one of my moonlight units since I currently have 6* Baiken, Dizzy, Sol and Sigret.

I currently have Celestial Mercedes, Assassin Koli, Assassin Cidd and Bloodblade Karin. all of them are really good in their own right, do you guys have any thoughts?
I'm most invested in Celestial Mercedes since she was my first moonlight summon (and I have her devotion skill at SSS)

I personally 6 starred my BBK because I use her in PvP with Tywin AND she had the added benefit of being able to farm decently as I don't have Sez or Vildred. So for me it was 2 birds with 1 stone.

Not sure how C.Mercs compares on the farming front but she's supposed to be a better cleaver than BBK.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So I've been playing this game since Guilty Gear started. I have never got a Kluri. I've got multiple of every other 3* but not a single Kluri. I've pulled a fair amount too. Just a friendly reminder that nothing is guaranteed in gacha. Nothing.
I get where you're coming from, but if you're going to stick to that view it'd be better to say, "It's just a game" than sound dismissive due to the platform. Because business model aside, it's as much a "real" videogame as things I play on other platforms. People get invested in all kinds of games they spend a lot of time with, especially where competition with others comes into play, so getting heated about E7 is really no different than complaining about game balance in some esports fighting game.
I think you're reading a bit too much into it lol. I understand what you're saying, but Pelicano really didn't mean it like how you've taken it. He was just trying to calm me down (and I thank him for it) because I was pretty agitated about the comments directed towards me. I was legitimately feeling like I shouldn't be posting here because valuing the opinions of others that have validity was seen as disingenuous. Pel was just saying that we're all getting a bit emotional and we shouldn't lose our heads over a game. I see how you've read it but he really wasn't trying to downplay it because it's a mobile game lol.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I personally 6 starred my BBK because I use her in PvP with Tywin AND she had the added benefit of being able to farm decently as I don't have Sez or Vildred. So for me it was 2 birds with 1 stone.

Not sure how C.Mercs compares on the farming front but she's supposed to be a better cleaver than BBK.
Bloodblade Karin is definitely a fun choice, but I just watched a video of a Celestial Mercedes destroying a PVP team landing her S3 to get a 80% combat readiness boost and then use her S2 straight after.
I have the gear on my Lilibet to reach 100% crit rate, so I might move that over once this event is over where she is boosted.
So far I've been using a lifesteal set on C.Mercedes and its strong but not the best

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
General purpose / most use is definitely BBK. Like others said she can farm, she can Arena/PVP very well. C.Merc is good but requires a lot of investment, gear, and team comp to cleave effectively. I dunno if people use her in PVE, but I imagine she farms well, but with a support backing her up.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Laiza I think you are going overboard here, I'm glad you found your justification on Reddit, they too want every unit to be really strong. Some of OUR OPINIONS is that we'd rather have a stable of characters that all fill different roles and content be generated that allows us to use a wide array of characters.

On a another note; they very specifically said in their dev notes that Lilibet was a counter for the revive mechanic in PvP. That is what they delivered. If your expectations were more that's your own fault. If that isn't a need for you skip the banner. If you want to rip apart Luluca because she was supposed to be PvE and just has no place on any team, go ahead. If you want to rip apart their direction in making the ML units the only OP units, go ahead. If you are mad they haven't release a good PvE unit since Dizzy, go ahead.

But you're sitting here yelling at the salesman that was selling you a knife because he isn't offering you a fork. And then you are telling the people that bought the knife intending to use it as a knife that it is an awful fork...

I get your rant, I really do, it's an understandable position. But to be mad at other players that like Lilibet is overboard.

From the dev notes:

That's it, full stop.
I need to say this again because it's so absurdly facile it warrants a second response:

A stupid reason is still a stupid reason regardless of who it came from. I don't fuckin' care if the devs said Lilibet was going to be an extinction bot, they're FUCKING STUPID for even thinking about it. No one should care what the devs have to say on the matter. They also said that they plan on resolving the obnoxious as fuck PvP meta by releasing ever more powerful counters to the meta, do you even realize how insane that is? It'll kill the game before its second year, much less the 10 years that they wanted to the game to last!

And let's just quote this for emphasis:
Some of OUR OPINIONS is that we'd rather have a stable of characters that all fill different roles and content be generated that allows us to use a wide array of characters.
This is wrong, full-stop. Lilibet covers far too narrow a role to even be considered a full character, let alone a natural 5-star. On top of that, there is an extremely obvious design trend whereby natural 5-stars are intended to be used in all kinds of content. Cases where this doesn't happen are obvious design failures like Ludwig.

Basically, what I'm saying is that this hope for extremely niche characters is actually completely divorced from reality and you are only going to be disappointed when the lackluster characters get another balance pass that makes them over-the-top to keep up with the changing meta. (That's to say nothing of the investment cost required to actually make said characters usable - again, reality and your wishes do not mix.) The worst part is that you're basically advocating for a position that sees newer F2P players getting COMPLETELY FUCKED by characters like Dizzy who would be so absurdly overpowered next to the newer characters that it's like she's from another game entirely.

Dizzy will never be nerfed. Your dream is already dead. As long as Dizzy exists, newer characters MUST be made to reach the new baseline or they're just going to inevitably fall to the wayside eventually (likely when the next OP as fuck limited gets released).

Speaking of Dizzy - wtf do they expect Angelic Montmorancy to fix when effectiveness rolls entirely 1:1 with effect resist??? The mechanics do not support her playstyle! Unless you RADICALLY outgear your opponents you always suffer from a non-trivial chance of her getting stunned when she's your absolute most essential piece on the board. Yet another example of Super Creative's failure in kit design.

It's hard to have any faith at all in this game's future when they keep on making boneheaded decision after boneheaded decision. I wish they'd give me a reason to have faith in them again.

Last edited:

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need to say this again because it's so absurdly facile it warrants a second response:

A stupid reason is still a stupid reason regardless of who it came from. I don't fuckin' care if the devs said Lilibet was going to be an extinction bot, they're FUCKING STUPID for even thinking about it. No one should care what the devs have to say on the matter. They also said that they plan on resolving the obnoxious as fuck PvP meta by releasing ever more powerful counters to the meta, do you even realize how insane that is? It'll kill the game before its second year, much less the 10 years that they wanted to the game to last!

And let's just quote this for emphasis:

This is wrong, full-stop. Lilibet covers far too narrow a role to even be considered a full character, let alone a natural 5-star. On top of that, there is an extremely obvious design trend whereby natural 5-stars are intended to be used in all kinds of content. Cases where this doesn't happen are obvious design failures like Ludwig.

Basically, what I'm saying is that this hope for extremely niche characters is actually completely divorced from reality and you are only going to be disappointed when the lackluster characters get another balance pass that makes them over-the-top to keep up with the changing meta. (That's to say nothing of the investment cost required to actually make said characters usable - again, reality and your wishes do not mix.) The worst part is that you're basically advocating for a position that sees newer F2P players getting COMPLETELY FUCKED by characters like Dizzy who would be so absurdly overpowered next to the newer characters that it's like she's from another game entirely.

Dizzy will never be nerfed. Your dream is already dead. As long as Dizzy exists, newer characters MUST be made to reach the new baseline or they're just going to inevitably fall to the wayside eventually (likely when the next OP as fuck limited gets released).

Speaking of Dizzy - wtf do they expect Angelic Montmorancy to fix when effectiveness rolls entirely 1:1 with effect resist??? The mechanics do not support her playstyle! Unless you RADICALLY outgear your opponents you always suffer from a non-trivial chance of her getting stunned when she's your absolute most essential piece on the board. Yet another example of Super Creative's failure in kit design.

It's hard to have any faith at all in this game's future when they keep on making boneheaded decision after boneheaded decision. I wish they'd give me a reason to have faith in them again.
I mean... if you're gearing a Dizzy for 180+ effectiveness you are going to be losing out on a toooon of stats, including speed, HP and defense, which she needs.

However all Momo needs is Eff Res, HP, and Def, plus she gets a +40 to eff res from her tree, which further lowers the gear requirements. Tagehels Tome makes it so you don't need much speed either.

You are entitled to your opinion about the game design and the direction the game is heading, but a 180+ eff res Momo is a HARD COUNTER to ML Ara, Baal, and Dizzy. Will she still randomly get stunned? Sure, but very low odds and the character on the other end made some stat sacrifices to get there. So you can continue on your rant, but I'll just correct any falsehoods in regards to actual gameplay applications.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
General purpose / most use is definitely BBK. Like others said she can farm, she can Arena/PVP very well. C.Merc is good but requires a lot of investment, gear, and team comp to cleave effectively. I dunno if people use her in PVE, but I imagine she farms well, but with a support backing her up.
Thanks! I think I'll make a C. Mercedes build for PVP and a BBK build for farming

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I need a second opinion guys.

I'm new started 2 weeks ago, my team is:
Ravi, Tywin, Angelica and Lorina

I have nothing else important, so I put ravi as my first 6* for farming.

I'm debating which one I 6* next, and since w11 is the main goal:
Tywin for w11, even though it feels like a waste to use on a tank, maybe he would be enough as 5* for w11? I dont know.
Angelica for w11, but she's a healer and it feels I should prioritize someone else?
Taranor guard for w11, probably a bit too early for him since I am still at w7 and I wouldn't use him outside w11.
Alexa for w11, but I heard she does fine without 6*.

Or just hold into my mobs for when I eventually pull on a limited banner?
Any advice, who would you pick?

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tywin for w11, even though it feels like a waste to use on a tank, maybe he would be enough as 5* for w11? I dont know.
Angelica for w11, but she's a healer and it feels I should prioritize someone else?
Taranor guard for w11, probably a bit too early for him since I am still at w7 and I wouldn't use him outside w11.

Lorina or Angelica

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

Your main goal for now should probably be advancing in Abyss and you need a reliable/strong dps for that - W11 will come sooner or later and will take some more time. So you wanna 6* your main farmer first (as you did with Ravi) and then the reliable single DPS units for bosses/Abyss. So that would be Lorina in your unless you manage to get your hands on an even better DPS, which is unlikely.

Alexa and TG dont need to be 6* to be used in W11. But as said...i wouldnt worry about W11 for now, you are likely gonna have to 6* Angelica for that and depending on your gear at least one more unit.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Ravi is actually good enough to be a front line tank for w11 if Tywin is not a character you want to invest to much in as you progress in the game.

If Angelica is your main healer make her 6*, Lorina is not a bad choice but I imagine she is not specialty changed yet, so I would wait

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Yeah I am already in progress for her Specialty change and Angelica is my main healer yes.
I dont mind using tywin for w11, didnt know ravi could be an option since elemental disadvantage but I know its too early to think about it.
I might consider Lorina, but she still has a long way to finish the specialty. Is she still worthy 6* without the change or go for angelica for now?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Angelic Montmorency is arguably more broken than FKluri at her strongest. Angelica is much less necessary now that she exists.

For PVE.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Angelic Montmorency is arguably more broken than FKluri at her strongest. Angelica is much less necessary now that she exists.

For PVE.
Lol Momo is so freaking good, it's crazy, but i think it's not something that should be nerfed. Just makes debuff units have to really focus on effectiveness instead of going full damage with 60 effectiveness and calling it a day.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Laiza probably think all dizzys can have abyssal crown, kal Dara, violin and book at the same time

That's how op she is guys!

Anyway I said I was interested in fire Corvus when the buffs first leaked but damn I didn't expect him to be this good.

If he was an ml unit waifu laiza would be crying about him

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Laiza probably think all dizzys can have abyssal crown, kal Dara, violin and book at the same time

That's how op she is guys!

Anyway I said I was interested in fire Corvus when the buffs first leaked but damn I didn't expect him to be this good.

If he was an ml unit waifu laiza would be crying about him
The fuck did I do to you?

I don't even know you. I don't even know why you're making a dig at me. Dizzy is OP as fuck and everyone with even the slightest bit of critical analysis ability knows it. Why you stanning for this dumb bullshit, huh? What've you got to gain from this?

And yes, Fire Corvus as a ML unit would've been ridiculous. Big difference here: Corvus is an accessible non-ML 4*, whereas a ML version would be the opposite of accessible. Accessibility helps F2P players. I don't know what's hard to understand about this.

Not like you're gonna see Fire Corvus with anywhere near the level of frequency as Dizzy anyway.

And cool it with the "waifu" shit. You say it like me not liking sexist crap is somehow a problem. The fuck, man? What world do you live in? Why you even on Era if that's the attitude you're gonna cop?

For PVE.
Yeah for PvE, since bosses cap out at 75% effectiveness or thereabouts. If only they gave her effectiveness in PvP even the slightest bit of thought.

Then again, they'd have to fundamentally rework how effect resist is calculated. Maybe give everyone some base effect resist instead of 0. I dnno.

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
PvP has its issues but I personally enjoy it. I like Guild Wars more than arena though. I think the 3v3 aspect works better than 4v4, and managing heroes tests your decision making. Plus you have the camaraderie of the Guild. We don't take it super seriously in EpicEra but we definitely try to win, and I've been enjoying conversing in our guild chat of late.

From my perspective I enjoy theorycrafting. Looking at meta's and viable team compositions. Which is why I'm a fan of PvP, and why I'm fan of niche units. Even though there is a large roster of heroes meta's are often defined by a small percentage of them. While there may only be 5 or so revive units in the game, revive units are on 50% of teams if not more. If a hero is built to purely take out those units then they are the literal definition of an anti-meta hero, which imo gives more room for theorycrafting and counterplay.

I guess it ultimately comes down to your experience playing games and your philosophies on design. I've played gacha games for a while now and I personally don't believe that units of the highest rarity need to be viable in all forms of content. Furthermore having played competitive trading card games for a number of years I am of the mindset that a piece's value is not so much determined by its literal power, but its relevance in how the game is played at the highest level in the current time period.
Are you always this intense Laiza or is this a recent thing?
LOL
Oh, I agree with you being harsh on SG for their decisions about balancing the tower. I meant that difficult game design is hard to do right, and that I'd understand if a game dev tried to make something difficult but fell short somehow. But my issue with SG in this case is that they didn't even TRY to do it right. They didn't try to make it difficult in a way that was interesting, but rather went in exactly the wrong direction by making it as cheap and RNG-heavy as possible. So I'm in complete agreement that the last few AT floors are cheap difficult, not good difficult. I also completely agree that layered RNG is crappy game design. It's a cheap crutch.

I think part of what makes AT frustrating is that SG has proven with the raids that they CAN design PvE content in an intelligent way. Each of the four bosses in the raid (disclaimer: only been to normal mode so I dunno if hell is different) have mechanics that require you to bring certain heroes and will lock out certain other ones, but it's tastefully and intelligently designed. You only need to beat two bosses to get to the queen, so if you don't have the heroes that can kill a certain boss, then that's fine because you can skip that boss and still reach the queen by beating the other bosses. The queen herself can be beaten with a decent variety of units, and really only hard locks a handful of units. There are rules, but they are deliberately loose enough to allow each player to find their own way through with the units they've chosen to build, while still encouraging them to build new units.

But then with AT, they seem to have thrown all that thought out the window and made things way too restrictive to the point where most of the playerbase simply can't beat it because they didn't get lucky with pulls. They basically just programmed the boss to wipe you immediately if you don't bring the right units, which is an awful way of designing a fight. And even if you do bring the right units, it sounds like you just plain need to wipe and retry over and over until the fight RNG plays in your favor, which isn't fun at all.
I don't have anything to add to this, but just wanted to see it was some really good analysis.
Hell I played over 1200 hours of D2, loved the fuck out of that game but...I dont know, so much easier to multitask with a mobile game lol
This is literally my mindset. I have all these consoles games I would like to play, but I have to dedicate my time to playing it. Meanwhile it's super easy to play this, watch a show, and be on ERA at the same time.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Are you always this intense Laiza or is this a recent thing?
Man, if you think I'm intense, you should see some of what my mom can get up to.

I'm only like this on the Internet, and mostly in text. Mom's like this in people's faces.
How is crimson armin? Got her from the ML.
OP as fuck in PvP, still the single most OP unit 4* or 5* purely on the strength of her absurd passive S2 (and Aurius).

Also useful in PvE for making the team as whole more difficult to kill.

You really lucked out on that one.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017

I don't even know you. I don't even know why you're making a dig at me. Dizzy is OP as fuck and everyone with even the slightest bit of critical analysis ability knows it. Why you stanning for this dumb bullshit, huh? What've you got to gain from this?

And yes, Fire Corvus as a ML unit would've been ridiculous. Big difference here: Corvus is an accessible non-ML 4*, whereas a ML version would be the opposite of accessible. Accessibility helps F2P players. I don't know what's hard to understand about this.

Not like you're gonna see Fire Corvus with anywhere near the level of frequency as Dizzy anyway.

And cool it with the "waifu" shit. You say it like me not liking sexist crap is somehow a problem. The fuck, man? What world do you live in? Why you even on Era if that's the attitude you're gonna cop?

Yeah for PvE, since bosses cap out at 75% effectiveness or thereabouts. If only they gave her effectiveness in PvP even the slightest bit of thought.

Then again, they'd have to fundamentally rework how effect resist is calculated. Maybe give everyone some base effect resist instead of 0. I dnno.

It'd be interesting if they boosted the 15% base resist to 25% or so for pvp. May push buffers too much though, but eh would be interesting.

Reason why mont is so good is because she constantly cleanses. Crimson Seed is pretty nice too, and you see timeless anchor on some units from time to time. Most cleansers are one and done until 2+ turns later (Acha with candlestick)

But Dizzy is definitely too much of an imposing debuff threat. There have been counters released, but then you have to keep in mind that you'll ALWAYS need those counters, or the new units they release will have to some how inherently counter her somewhat. Because once dont have a counter for her, she'll always work no matter what.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be interesting if they boosted the 15% base resist to 25% or so for pvp. May push buffers too much though, but eh would be interesting.

Reason why mont is so good is because she constantly cleanses. Crimson Seed is pretty nice too, and you see timeless anchor on some units from time to time. Most cleansers are one and done until 2+ turns later (Acha with candlestick)

But Dizzy is definitely too much of an imposing debuff threat. There have been counters released, but then you have to keep in mind that you'll ALWAYS need those counters, or the new units they release will have to some how inherently counter her somewhat. Because once dont have a counter for her, she'll always work no matter what.
Yeah, I use Montmo right now and she's exceptionally good in lots of PvE content. That constant cleansing basically invalidates Juleeve's poison, for example.

I just wish she wasn't so easily crippled by ML Ara landing her stun, or that she could cleanse Dizzy's debuffs off of more than one character at a time (single stack AoE cleanse is not very good in those situations).
Well thats good to know, never get shit from ML lol How should she be built?
Pretty standard HP+defense mix. You likely want her to be wearing Aurius so she needs at least 12k HP to not die immediately from absorbing everyone else's damage. Whether or not you want speed depends on whether or not you want to make use of her S3. As she is a very slow unit in terms of base speed, I generally don't recommend trying to get her to go first (as nice as that would be). She's still pretty useful if you let her go last to protect the team from the enemy's second turn, but in those cases you either need immunity set or to just avoid teams with ML Baal/Dizzy/ML Ara (which you should be doing anyways, unless you have a Kitty Clarissa with 200+ effect resist or somesuch).

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty standard HP+defense mix. You likely want her to be wearing Aurius so she needs at least 12k HP to not die immediately from absorbing everyone else's damage. Whether or not you want speed depends on whether or not you want to make use of her S3. As she is a very slow unit in terms of base speed, I generally don't recommend trying to get her to go first (as nice as that would be). She's still pretty useful if you let her go last to protect the team from the enemy's second turn, but in those cases you either need immunity set or to just avoid teams with ML Baal/Dizzy/ML Ara (which you should be doing anyways, unless you have a Kitty Clarissa with 200+ effect resist or somesuch).

Awesome thank you! Would you say shes a better tank than Cecilia despite the 4*?

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Yeah, I use Montmo right now and she's exceptionally good in lots of PvE content. That constant cleansing basically invalidates Juleeve's poison, for example.

I just wish she wasn't so easily crippled by ML Ara landing her stun, or that she could cleanse Dizzy's debuffs off of more than one character at a time (single stack AoE cleanse is not very good in those situations).

Would be nice to see another cleanser in a 3/4 star in the upcoming chapters so you can go double and hopefully guarentee a full clear.

Find it hilarious that ML Zerato was touted as the counter to her, and he's actually probably the worst ml 4 atm (i think?)

All cause blinding him doesnt allow him to transfer debuffs unless you get lucky with the hit. Incoming buff that guarentees the transfer and makes it aoe, calling it now

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017

Ah seems you're also a goldfish[/url]
Because that's exactly how you reply to someone you don't even know.
As for Dizzy personally since I have Baiken and Destina, I don't really give a fuck about her. She's more boring than op... but nowhere in my post from above or our previous exchange was I defending her.
So you know tone down the hyperbole a touch and get off your high horse yeah.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
No, really. Stop. You're throwing out personal insults when all I've ever done was attack ideas.

All this shit where you're talking like someone isn't present and being obnoxiously sarcastic and putting words in peoples' mouths, like, I can get that you don't like me but you are crossing a fucking line and need to back the fuck off.

If you're gonna talk to me, address my ideas and not my character. And don't assume things of me when I am VERY PLAINLY stating what I think in easily understandable language.
Would be nice to see another cleanser in a 3/4 star in the upcoming chapters so you can go double and hopefully guarentee a full clear.

Find it hilarious that ML Zerato was touted as the counter to her, and he's actually probably the worst ml 4 atm (i think?)

All cause blinding him doesnt allow him to transfer debuffs unless you get lucky with the hit. Incoming buff that guarentees the transfer and makes it aoe, calling it now
ML Zerato is indeed likely the worst of the ML 4*s right now. Interesting kit that is unfortunately hamstrung by the fact that the mechanics just kind of fuck him over from doing what he's supposed to do.

Oh, and the fact that he's a counter attacker in a class full of squishies. Whoops. Not sure if there's a fix for that one, though - not so long as stats are tied to star signs and not individual characters.

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
No, really. Stop. You're throwing out personal insults when all I've ever done was attack ideas.

"I'm sorry, but you have no clue what you're talking about."
"Your hyperbole is needless"
"Calm down and take a look at the bigger picture, and maybe you can recognize just how bizarrely selfish you're being."

This is the sort of crap I got from yourself for pointing out how ironic it was you keep complaining about Dizzy yet in the same post you just pulled a "meh" Destina.

So can you explain how that was a shining example of you attacking ideas?

All this shit where you're talking like someone isn't present and being obnoxiously sarcastic and putting words in peoples' mouths, like, I can get that you don't like me but you are crossing a fucking line and need to back the fuck off.

You of all people really shouldn't be complaining about people putting words in your mouths considering what you've come up when you go on a rant.

If you're gonna talk to me, address my ideas and not my character. And don't assume things of me when I am VERY PLAINLY stating what I think in easily understandable language.

I've addressed your "ideas" multiple times over the course of this thread, you either ignore it or go on rant about how I'm a Dizzy stan or some shit like that.

A lot of people think the 15% base resistance right now is a load of shit, they would riot if it was turned into 25%..... personally I'm fine with it but someone with 200% effectiveness should be rightfully pissed if they got rng'd by someone with f all resistance gear.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why I've only just come to the realisation that some people just want to fight lol.

Laiza I think your view points are interesting. As I said before I thought you reddit post was well written and a good read. I agreed with some parts and disagreed with others. That is the nature of discussion. But your last post just showed me that you don't really see how you post when you're here.

You've continuously attacked people's character in the few months I've been apart of this thread, repeatedly calling them selfish if their view point doesn't align with yours. And as Westlo said, when people respond to your posts to discuss you just ignore them or continue to rant. I've responded to you a number of times, in agreement with some things while detailing the parts where my thought process separates from yours. But the only time you have ever responded was to tell me that I was "disingenuous" and "pushing a point of view that is inherently self-centered and downright egotistical" lol. Like do you not see the issue with that? People, including myself, want to have discussions with you, but you rarely engage. It just feels like all you want to do is go at people.

I dunno what else to tell you, but you've done a lot more than just attacked ideas. For someone who is able to articulate themselves so well (when you're not swearing every two words lmao) I can't really understand why you show no real interest in discussing topics.
This thread right now makes me want to delete the game - lol.
LOL. I actually felt like that yesterday lmfao.

I apologise for my involvement in that though. It's been unnecessarily heated and arguably toxic, and I've had an active part in that. This will be my final post on any of those matters.

I just felt like I couldn't let this go. You've known me for a few years now and know that I don't usually get involved in these kind of discussions, so hopefully you have some idea of how strongly I felt about this to have remained a part of it.

Anyways, I apologise, to you and everyone else in this thread. I'll get back to only talking about the game from here on out.

Last edited:

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
"I'm sorry, but you have no clue what you're talking about."
"Your hyperbole is needless"
"Calm down and take a look at the bigger picture, and maybe you can recognize just how bizarrely selfish you're being."

This is the sort of crap I got from yourself for pointing out how ironic it was you keep complaining about Dizzy yet in the same post you just pulled a "meh" Destina.

So can you explain how that was a shining example of you attacking ideas?

You of all people really shouldn't be complaining about people putting words in your mouths considering what you've come up when you go on a rant.

I've addressed your "ideas" multiple times over the course of this thread, you either ignore it or go on rant about how I'm a Dizzy stan or some shit like that.

A lot of people think the 15% base resistance right now is a load of shit, they would riot if it was turned into 25%..... personally I'm fine with it but someone with 200% effectiveness should be rightfully pissed if they got rng'd by someone with f all resistance gear.

It's why the balance is so tricky in regards to buffs/debuffs. If the base resistance got boosted, you'd see alot more buffers in the meta, especially because stripping would be less reliable. That was the reason Diene was queen for a while until Violin came out and people wised up to Hurado in cleave teams.

For a fair nerf, I honestly think it'd be ok if Dizzy only landed 2/3 debuffs. Either make it a pool of three and choose two at random for each target, or just remove one of them.
Giving a character access to all defensive debuffs that will land no matter what unless they have immunity is too much.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome thank you! Would you say shes a better tank than Cecilia despite the 4*?
ML armin is super good, but I wouldn't bother building her til later in the game. She doesn't do much for PVE and grinding / hunts. Cecilia is way better in that regard. ML Armin is almost strictly PVP with a few exceptions.

Also ML zerato is quite decent, he just needs to be built properly and needs the right team around him. Specifically good in GvG vs Ara/Baal comps.

Also Momo is OP in PVE/PVP. I use her in pretty much all content except for hell raid and I could probably use her there too.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
ML armin is super good, but I wouldn't bother building her til later in the game. She doesn't do much for PVE and grinding / hunts. Cecilia is way better in that regard. ML Armin is almost strictly PVP with a few exceptions.

Also ML zerato is quite decent, he just needs to be built properly and needs the right team around him. Specifically good in GvG vs Ara/Baal comps.

Also Momo is OP in PVE/PVP. I use her in pretty much all content except for hell raid and I could probably use her there too.

She is so good in hell raid it's crazy.
Perfect for karkanis, and decent for arakhan too

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
The Dizzy being OP in PvP thing is always funny to me.

Primarily because people want to farm the living hell out of Wyvern and Golem for gear but nobody ever wants to talk about how you can farm an immunity and/or an effectiveness resistance set and make her and ML Ara more or less irrelevant. Baal is a different story since he dispels then sleeps I suppose. But again, not every comp has to start with character that does nothing except CR push, you can use a fast DPS to wipe him out.

I complain about her on impulse but I also understand that.... to an extent, it's my own L because I could go and farm an immunity set, I just can't be bothered. Lol

Baiken was called a bad PvP choice because of immunity sets, yet the same applies to ML Ara. Opinions can be so wishy washy.

This thread right now makes me want to delete the game - lol.
LOL. I actually felt like that yesterday lmfao.

This isn't allowed as you're both in EpicEra o.o

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people on reddit are getting downvoted for saying luluca doesn't need a buff. I agree with those people.

She's my most used unit ever since her release and I absolutely dont see the need for her to get a buff. She provides damage mitigation as well as doing decent damage and while other characters does each of those job better, she only takes one spot and that's how she's great in my eyes.

People are saying "raise the def break chance." These people using luluca solely for that are already using her wrong.

That said smilegate please do buff her anyways. I enjoyed what you did last time with tamarine.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
A lot of people on reddit are getting downvoted for saying luluca doesn't need a buff. I agree with those people.

She's my most used unit ever since her release and I absolutely dont see the need for her to get a buff. She provides damage mitigation as well as doing decent damage and while other characters does each of those job better, she only takes one spot and that's how she's great in my eyes.

People are saying "raise the def break chance." These people using luluca solely for that are already using her wrong.

That said smilegate please do buff her anyways. I enjoyed what you did last time with tamarine.

I feel like I appreciate Luluca a lot due to coming from FFBE. When they introduce harder hitting bosses it's gonna be invaluable having a unit who can keep defence up so consistently while doing a fair amount of damage. She allows you to handle the fight at a decent pace while letting your main DPS push out a lot more damage and also makes life easier for your healer and tank.

Half of Reddit still downplay Tywin after his buff anyways.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
You are entitled to your opinion about the game design and the direction the game is heading, but a 180+ eff res Momo is a HARD COUNTER to ML Ara, Baal, and Dizzy. Will she still randomly get stunned? Sure, but very low odds and the character on the other end made some stat sacrifices to get there. So you can continue on your rant, but I'll just correct any falsehoods in regards to actual gameplay applications.
Can you explain how this works? Opponent uses dizzy, ml ara and nukes your characters. Next your characters attack but because of the debuff they are either stunned or do no damage. Then the enemy continues to clean up your team. Then your 180 res 0 speed montmorancy removes ONE of the debuffs from whoever is alive or cleanses one character. How exactly does that HARD COUNTER? Maybe we have a different definition of what that means or you are leaving out other essential parts of this supposed counter.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I came back to abyss 45 after a few weeks grinding gear and beat the tar outta Ludwig. Then the 500 skystones nets me Lilibett. Today was a good day

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I just unlocked the quests to upgrade Lorina, I wanted to rush it but with the 50 emergency quests i think i shouldn't focus on it... Except if there is a way to get them more often ?

Also i pulled my first 5* outside of the selective summon & the 5* ticket, and it's Lilibet, even if she's kinda underwhelming i'm fine with that.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I just unlocked the quests to upgrade Lorina, I wanted to rush it but with the 50 emergency quests i think i shouldn't focus on it... Except if there is a way to get them more often ?

Also i pulled my first 5* outside of the selective summon & the 5* ticket, and it's Lilibet, even if she's kinda underwhelming i'm fine with that.
Unfortunately there's no way to get them more often other than to run more stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.