• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Got Charlotte and dupe amaranth.
Spirit breath and R&L

Happy about R&L

But I echo the sentiments about getting new cards I would rather they have given us free unequip week, lots of gold, and like a month worth of resources.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Lidica is one of those characters that can single handedly make certain things way fucking easier

I can't champion Lidica enough. Her S3 and S1 make her able to lap bosses all while getting your DPS more whacks at a boss. Her S2 makes huge damage dealing blows miss (exploding mushrooms). Her base speed is absurd too so you can build her with simple sets like Abyss Gear and have her still be really really good.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the fun in this game comes from trying out different unit combinations and builds.

The problem is that those things are blocked by walls of crappy busy work every step of the way.

Going "I wonder what this character could do on my team?" should be something that's encouraged, but yet in E7 any such decision is a weeks-long commitment.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys,

Lapsed player here sorta making a return, mostly as a secondary game to dick around in but there's still somewhat quality time to put in here. Pretty much in the newbie stage so any recommendations would go a long way.

My units (Level if applicable):

5* - Ravi (57), Ludwig, Chloe (44), Ken, Haste (45), Baal&Sezan(44)
4* - Fighter Maya, BB Karin (29), Karin, Surin, Dominiel (40), Crozet, Purrgis, Coli, Maya, Lots (40), Zerato, Mercedes, Silk
3* - A bunch, not sure if there's anything noteworthy

Ludwig and Ken came in the tickets today so there's that. Looking for any team comp suggestions and/or progression roadmap with this or if it's generally a trash heap that I have here. My healers are typically Lots, Hazel or Aither because my gacha luck is practically third world type stuff.

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys,

Lapsed player here sorta making a return, mostly as a secondary game to dick around in but there's still somewhat quality time to put in here. Pretty much in the newbie stage so any recommendations would go a long way.

4* - Fighter Maya, BB Karin (29), Karin, Surin, Dominiel (40), Crozet, Purrgis, Coli, Maya, Lots (40), Zerato, Mercedes, Silk

Ludwig and Ken came in the tickets today so there's that. Looking for any team comp suggestions and/or progression roadmap with this or if it's generally a trash heap that I have here. My healers are typically Lots, Hazel or Aither because my gacha luck is practically third world type stuff.

Lots was my main healer when I started it out up until beating 10-10. And he's even better now so I'd suggest using him. Didnt need to 60 him either.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys,

Do you have a 3* Montmo? She just got a specialty change and is a very good healer for the long haul. Lots is good in the meantime. Kluri is the another 3* worth mentioning, her S3 is really useful and she's very strong after her specialty change. Lastly Lorina connection quest is very powerful after her specialty change as a damage dealer, but given you have Ken, Ravi, and Chloe I don't think she's necessary.

Ken and Ravi are very good end-game units so worth investing in. Chloe is a really good boss killer for Abyss, Raid, and Wyvern. Ludwig is more PvP oriented and B&S is meh. Ken is great for his defense break and Ravi is very powerful. Haste is a jack of all trades but master of none. He may help you sustain healing with his vampirism until you can pull a better healer. I'd probably focus on a Ken/Ravi/Healer/Flex. For now Flex could be Chloe if you need burst or ice damage or Haste if you need a little more sustain.

Ultimately Ravi/Chloe could be flipped around but focusing on Ken is a good idea to start.

You have really good units, you'll be fine for quite a while. If you are running into difficulty spikes you might just need to upgrade some gear and do some more leveling.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lots was my main healer when I started it out up until beating 10-10. And he's even better now so I'd suggest using him. Didnt need to 60 him either.

Lots is very good. He's currently my main healer unless type advantage makes him a severe liability. Just wondering if he's the one I should invest in vs whatever else.

Do you have a 3* Montmo? She just got a specialty change and is a very good healer for the long haul. Lots is good in the meantime.

Ken and Ravi are very good end-game units so worth investing in. Chloe is a really good boss killer for Abyss and Raid. Ludwig is more PvP oriented and B&S is meh. Ken is great for his defense break and Ravi is very powerful. Haste is a jack of all trades but master of none. He may help you sustain healing with his vampirism until you can pull a better healer. I'd probably focus on a Ken/Ravi/Healer/Flex. For now Flex could be Chloe if you need burst or ice damage or Haste if you need a little more sustain.

Ultimately Ravi/Chloe could be flipped around but focusing on Ken is a good idea.

I do have Mont, is she the one to invest in? Online advice ends up being generally confusing between Mont/Hazel/something or other being the F2P healer of choice.

Thanks for the team suggestion, I'm currently building Ravi to farm exp/goods right now and then I'll work to build the rest of the team from there.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Lots is very good. He's currently my main healer unless type advantage makes him a severe liability. Just wondering if he's the one I should invest in vs whatever else.

I do have Mont, is she the one to invest in? Online advice ends up being generally confusing between Mont/Hazel/something or other being the F2P healer of choice.

Thanks for the team suggestion, I'm currently building Ravi to farm exp/goods right now and then I'll work to build the rest of the team from there.

Both have their strengths. Hazel is used as a healer but also to really buff up fire units attacks with the greater attack buff. A team of Ken/Ravi/Haste/Hazel will melt Golem. Montmo is strictly a healer and cleanser, meaning she'll remove debuffs placed on your team which is very important in late game (Abyss, Raid) and PvP. Montmo can provide immunity which prevents debuffs from even landing, while not as good as the 4* Angelica, she is a very suitable replacement with the added ability to cleanse. The issue with both Hazel and Montmo is they require big investment to reach their full potential in the form of the Specialty Changes.

Montmo will generally be better across more content.

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
My new offense pvp team is rdy.

They're obviously still too slow as I get blown up by faster dizzies at master 3. But I'm getting there...

Last edited:

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Just remove unequip costs and that already adds a billion more enjoyment to the game and also fixes a lot of things (except for their short-term bottom line).

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Some basic fixes that are super easy to implement and will make the game 100x more fun

Remove flat rolls or make flat apply before percentage
Hunt 11 no longer drops lvl 70 gear
Altar 10 drops minimum of 3 triangles
Increase Hell difficulty side story XP gain by at least 3x
Unlimited black dogs in guild shop

None of these fixes will destroy the game economy. You will still be limited by gold, molagora, rng to drop gear with the right set and substats for your character, ancient coins to upgrade accesories, charms, and fodder. The game will still involve tons of grinding to get perfect gear for those who want it. Only now with those changes you can more easily get a character to 80%+ strength so you can properly evaluate and experiment becuase 90% of gear you get wont be immediately completely worthless.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Just remove unequip costs and that already adds a billion more enjoyment to the game and also fixes a lot of things (except for their short-term bottom line).

Once you get past a certain point, this become irrelevant. I currently have 24 millions gold and I never really tried to farm for it. This is the result of hunting becoming the main end-game stamina dump for veterans accounts.

The real fun-ruining cancer is Flat Stats being so useless. That's what makes hunting such a grind, and crafting a source of frustration.

I got Lidica, Krau, Rod of Amarillys and Uberius's tooth with the aology tickets. Quite a good haul, except they were all dupes. Which gave me a moment of introspection about being maybe too invested in that game.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Some basic fixes that are super easy to implement and will make the game 100x more fun

Remove flat rolls or make flat apply before percentage
Hunt 11 no longer drops lvl 70 gear
Altar 10 drops minimum of 3 triangles
Increase Hell difficulty side story XP gain by at least 3x
Unlimited black dogs in guild shop

None of these fixes will destroy the game economy. You will still be limited by gold, molagora, rng to drop gear with the right set and substats for your character, ancient coins to upgrade accesories, charms, and fodder. The game will still involve tons of grinding to get perfect gear for those who want it. Only now with those changes you can more easily get a character to 80%+ strength so you can properly evaluate and experiment becuase 90% of gear you get wont be immediately completely worthless.

But lessening worthless gear, increasing altar drops and XP means less grinding needed, which means less Leif packs and stamina refreshes bought. They don't destroy the game economy, but they lessen the bottom line, which is a no-go.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Once you get past a certain point, this become irrelevant. I currently have 24 millions gold and I never really tried to farm for it. This is the result of hunting becoming the main end-game stamina dump for veterans accounts.

The real fun-ruining cancer is Flat Stats being so useless. That's what makes hunting such a grind, and crafting a source of frustration.

I got Lidica, Krau, Rod of Amarillys and Uberius's tooth with the aology tickets. Quite a good haul, except they were all dupes. Which gave me a moment of introspection about being maybe too invested in that game.
Just because you don't use your gold doesn't mean it's not a problem. Come on.

Last edited:

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
But lessening worthless gear, increasing altar drops and XP means less grinding needed, which means less Leif packs and stamina refreshes bought. They don't destroy the game economy, but they lessen the bottom line, which is a no-go.

That's a very cynical approach to possible changes, as it'd mean nothing substantial will be done. Which I think is about realistic.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
That's a very cynical approach to possible changes, as it'd mean nothing substantial will be done. Which I think is about realistic.

To paraphrase my thoughts on any potential E7 changes for the better:

The impression I got from the QnA was that the devs aren't completely sure how everything is going to shake out or what can be done, and that's because they don't have control on what kinda content and QoL updates they can release. They obviously HAVE the ability to make free unequips permanent, but they can never say they'll do that unless SmileGate lets them, which is unlikely because that directly contributes to their bottom line as a gold sink. And you can apply that to literally everything with the game, even balancing because it can come down to "we want you to release an ML unit that guarantees mystic pack purchases."

The devs could literally have a roadmap that fixes every single issue this game has, but then it gets cut down to a fourth because 3/4's of it mess with the bottom line too substantially to get the okay from SmileGate. I'm going to be more interested on when any announced changes are actually implemented and more importantly HOW they're implemented compared to the announcements themselves, since there's already been a history of changes/content being delayed and/or disappointing on release.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking about making Baiken my next 6* but I'm not sure. I hate that there's so much investment to making a 6* that you don't want to do it unless you're completely sure. But the attack difference between 5* and 6* is pretty substantial that any testing I do isn't really a true indication of her damage output. Does anyone here use her purely as a damage dealer?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking about making Baiken my next 6* but I'm not sure. I hate that there's so much investment to making a 6* that you don't want to do it unless you're completely sure. But the attack difference between 5* and 6* is pretty substantial that any testing I do isn't really a true indication of her damage output. Does anyone here use her purely as a damage dealer?

I do she's my single target nuke in PvP. Absolute unit. I have her at 3k attack near 100% cc, 225% cd, 198 speed. Not great effectiveness but it's hard to build for it all. I use her as a secondary CR pusher as well.

IMO the more viable they make building more units the more people will pull on every banner and then buy more bookmarks. As it is now I'll never buy a bookmark because I have so many because I don't bother pulling on half the banners. Had it been easier to build units I probably would have pulled on Charles, Cermia, and Krau.

I think there's a balance somewhere and maybe it's not free stamina but at least making some avenues of building a unit easier. People that were spending money one stamina likely won't stop as they are usually doing it to hunt for gear with absurd rolls. Keep that RNG if you want but at least cut out the bullshit with altars, catalysts, etc.

Last edited:

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's extremely good when invested in. If she can land bleeds, she can 1 shot a lot of units. Not counting the CR buff. She's used at every level of the game PVE and PvP.

Also in regards to gold, I'm perpetually gold broke in the game. Hovering between 200k and 2million at any given time. If they slashed unequip costs by like 3/4 and crafting costs by like 1/4-1/2, it'd feel way less oppressive. 90k Gold to craft a necklace is ruff.

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
decided to give the game another shot with the free units. Got Lidica and Kise. Is Destina still the best pick in the beginning? (from the selective summon thing i mean)

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's hard to get excited over new characters in this game due to the time and resource commitment it requires to get them up to speed.
I play 6 gacha games right now at various levels of intensity. They are all significantly easier to get new characters ready to be slotted into parties.
Dragalia Lost I can have enough resources built up between 5* pulls that I am able to max new ones almost immediately and have them ready to go.
Bang Dream I can have a new pull maxed immediately.
Revue Starlight I can have a new unit maxed in less than a week if I focus only on upgrading them.
Dissidia Opera Omnia is quite generous with upgrading stuff as long as you grind, but it's a much more reasonable grind. You can get a new character to a usable level immediately then depending on resources available you'll be able to get them to their maximum strength smoothly over time.
Another Eden requires a lot of grinding to max a character but there's content they're still handy for in the meantime and all content is permanent and single player anyway so there's no time pressure involved.

While I've been quite lucky with my E7 pulls recently I am only currently using 2 of my 6 five star characters and both are maybe at half of their CP potential. There's just such an intense time and device commitment required that I can't justify playing this game at anything more than a casual level. I enjoy it, but it could ideally do with a little easing up.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Baiken just got obliterated by a 235+ speed Baiken S3 that did 14k damage to my Luna and the CR boosted their team past me. Now I know what it feels like.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Remember guys that Baiken is bad and seriously needed to be buffed....

I never take 1st impressions in this game seriously.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dude I got the exact same 4 pulls. What are the odds??
Hah, that's pretty crazy.
decided to give the game another shot with the free units. Got Lidica and Kise. Is Destina still the best pick in the beginning? (from the selective summon thing i mean)
Congrats on Lidica/Kise!

I think a lot of people still aim for Angelica(4*) in the starter summon, possibly with a 5*, her AOE status immunity buff can be great. That said Destina was my selective summon and she carried me a long way. Not to mention Montmorancy's(3*) SC is also strong for dealing with debuffs so Angelica isn't really necessary.

While there are certainly better heroes to get out of the selective summon, Lidica and Kise are both quite strong and would be a good start on their own.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
One QoL I'd kill for us the ability to sell or lock items from the mission reward screen. I'd also like to tag items in different categories, even if they just give you a number or coloring system.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the thoughts on Baiken. Guess I'll take the chance and make her my next 6* for the today's Guild War.

Is there going to be maintenance today? I remember the notes saying there will be free unequips post maintenance going forward. Will need to hijack Bellona's gear for a bit.
IMO the more viable they make building more units the more people will pull on every banner and then buy more bookmarks. As it is now I'll never buy a bookmark because I have so many because I don't bother pulling on half the banners. Had it been easier to build units I probably would have pulled on Charles, Cermia, and Krau.

I think there's a balance somewhere and maybe it's not free stamina but at least making some avenues of building a unit easier. People that were spending money one stamina likely won't stop as they are usually doing it to hunt for gear with absurd rolls. Keep that RNG if you want but at least cut out the bullshit with altars, catalysts, etc.
I agree with this. I have Lilibet and Luluca but neither of them will get off the bench for many months. Any new hero is just another one to add to the bench.

I think keeping the altars and catalysts as they are is fine though, as all it is is another grind that's easy to do. I think the two biggest issues are the amount of work it takes to make a hero 6*, and having the amount of skills you can upgrade limited by molagoras. If they were done just on catalysts you would just need to grind, and AP shop really helps with that. But the fact you can only do maybe 1 skill per week is kind of ridiculous. I don't know if other games function like that but I have personally not played a game that deliberately stops hero progression in such a way. It makes the idea of new heroes more daunting than anything when you're not at the end game.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
If you are starting right now with the free 5*units and artifacts the best combo would probably be.

Tamarinne + Bellona
and Rod of Ama and/or Idol Cheer as an artifact.

Then you would go for Iseria (future proof unit that makes Tama OP, unique skill) , Ken(beast on its own) or Vildred(top tier farmer and great PVP) from the Select Summon pool. Anyone of these would be good, don't press your luck since it feels like the Selective summon rate has kinda been gimped and you don't get as many 5* pulls like back in the days.

Angelica is a nice to have units but with SC Mont being relarively easy to obtain and starting with Tama she really isn't essential.

Having said that - rerolling for the essential Tama/Bellona combo might take a while ...so if you can get Tama with another unit I mentioned and up with something like Tama/Ken/Vildred that would be great to. Bellona is a special mention because it never was easier to reroll for her and she isn't part of the Selective Summoning.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Man screw this game....can't login again because I'm getting this weird " your device isn't supported/rooted" message.

I never rooted my device or used any shady software yet this message shows up every couple weeks/months on my Motorola Android.

I get that they are going hard in cheaters and hackers but this is the only app with these kind of messages on legit phones.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Man screw this game....can't login again because I'm getting this weird " your device isn't supported/rooted" message.

I never rooted my device or used any shady software yet this message shows up every couple weeks/months on my Motorola Android.

I get that they are going hard in cheaters and hackers but this is the only app with these kind of messages on legit phones.

Are you using stove for your login?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Nah, Gmail and Facebook.

I just logged in on my iPhone.
And it worked.....as in ...for some reason my account got banned lol.

This is ridiculous. "Falsifying Applications".

I wanna know what they are smoking over there.

Apparently this is an issue they're trying to resolve. Seems like they mistook your account/IP and your account got banned, but they say they're going through one by one and unbanning the false positives. You can contact them to hopefully speed up the process for your account potentially.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Patch notes for whoever didn't track it down

Looks like just a Charlotte sidestory. If it's fun Charlotte I might end up prioritizing Charlotte a bit.

Nah, Gmail and Facebook.

What a pain, hopefully your account issues get resolved soon.

Edit:
looks like there's also a buff event but instead of weird 2 hour blocks it rotates by day.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I know I come here every week to demand they finally release Kawerik, but between a lucky daily pull of Charles and double Tywin all the way from their "please like us again" bribe compensation, I'm okay with waiting another week to get him and try to catch up some units I want to build for sure.

Who asked for Charlotte though?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Edit:
looks like there's also a buff event but instead of weird 2 hour blocks it rotates by day.

Wow they listened! Excited for the EXP and Gold buffs since those are the two days that I usually grind the Side Story hard with all the stamina I have saved up from the daily gifts.

I dove into Iseria last night, gear is weak, but have her at 100% crit chance, 200 speed, and 65% effectiveness targeting hunts. Be nice to get her to Level 60 through this and replenish my dog motel.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently this is an issue they're trying to resolve. Seems like they mistook your account/IP and your account got banned, but they say they're going through one by one and unbanning the false positives. You can contact them to hopefully speed up the process for your account potentially.
What a pain, hopefully your account issues get resolved soon.

Edit:
Thanks - i can login again, seems like my account was also flagged by mistake.
Was quite worried for a bit since i dont even play on a emulator or anything.
You do have like 30 accounts :P

Hope it gets sorted out quickly.

Ha, i know you are joking but they really should use their resources to prevents cheaters from messing the game up - not casuals that just reroll a bit to try out different units lol.

I know I come here every week to demand they finally release Kawerik, but between a lucky daily pull of Charles and double Tywin all the way from their "please like us again" bribe compensation, I'm okay with waiting another week to get him and try to catch up some units I want to build for sure.

Charlotte isnt my favorite - but im looking forward to her Backstory and more importantly the upgrade materials we will be able to get.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I spent an arm moving gear around to Tama and Gloomy yesterday, and while the party seems a lot more stable because I didn't know Tama had such good healing output, damage is a good bit lower because Sol no longer has greater attack buff and Gloomy's gear needs upgrades.

I guess I'll just be grinding money and upgrade fodder for the foreseeable future.

Nah, Gmail and Facebook.

It looks like this was a new hacking protection that they rolled out, and it's been putting up false positives. They're unbanning accounts now and you can contact them if you're not unbanned.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

I don't need Charlotte but I sure as hell need a Leo sidestory right now. It's exactly the amount of resources I need to finish Cermia.

Anyways, looking forward to free unequip. I have some big stuff in the works. Also, last time it ended unexpectedly and I got caught with my pants halfway down, so some of my setups are suboptimal.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow they listened! Excited for the EXP and Gold buffs since those are the two days that I usually grind the Side Story hard with all the stamina I have saved up from the daily gifts.

I dove into Iseria last night, gear is weak, but have her at 100% crit chance, 200 speed, and 65% effectiveness targeting hunts. Be nice to get her to Level 60 through this and replenish my dog motel.
Haha, yeah. It's a nice improvement. Although it looks like the rune buff starts Friday when it's still gold rune day! Double runes should overlap completely with all altars open!
Thanks - i can login again, seems like my account was also flagged by mistake.
Was quite worried for a bit since i dont even play on a emulator or anything.

Ha, i know you are joking but they really should use their resources to prevents cheaters from messing the game up - not casuals that just reroll a bit to try out different units lol.

Charlotte isnt my favorite - but im looking forward to her Backstory and more importantly the upgrade materials we will be able to get.
Good to hear!

Even if I hadn't gotten Charlotte off of the comp ticket I don't think I'd have wanted a Charlotte banner, but the sidestory could always be interesting. Tywin's made me like Romann and Schniel. Now if only the sidestories were a bit longer.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't need Charlotte but I sure as hell need a Leo sidestory right now. It's exactly the amount of resources I need to finish Cermia.

Anyways, looking forward to free unequip. I have some big stuff in the works. Also, last time it ended unexpectedly and I got caught with my pants halfway down, so some of my setups are suboptimal.

They really need to make more varied Signs. There are too many Leos.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Charlotte banner is a big meh for me, even before I pulled her from the free tickets. Her side story could be fun though and clearing out a side story is always a good currency and EXP boost. My good bois have been neglected for too long.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Is Charlotte red? I like mindlessly grinding side story maps because the token stores there always have good stuff, so I don't need to worry about which map to farm.

If the side story shop sells red runes, then that would be great.

Oh, and for whoever is in epicera: the guy I just drew against in GW has a really strong first team. A.Cidd went first, then Roozid, then ML Ara... Then nearly all of them went again for some reason, so I got murdered. I just yielded to save my remaining units when I saw that.

Second team was weak though - hence the draw.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man baiken is so shit, always misses her bleeds and then gets instagibed, even vs all aqua teams.

Meanwhile I just press one button on violet and people just die trying to hit him.

Destina is p baller tho, much better than having rin as my only 'healer'. Slow tho.

Soulez

Oct 27, 2017
I asked a few days ago, about which dps to upgrade to 6* and got some great advice from you guys. It was down to Sol, C. Lorina, and Lidica (more so for her other abilites).

Well I got Ravi as one of my free 5* summons. I'm assuming that she would be better than those other 3? I just got her to lvl 50.

Using Ravi and Lidica has helped with Golem greatly. Nice combo.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.