• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I'd go with with the one you can build quickly if it's for pvp.

If it's a project either way Cidd is versatile enough to be great in PvP and PvE. Also nice he has elemental advantage against the typical blue pvp heroes.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Xp boost is finally up. Going to go crazy on the farming. I have the leifs and the irl time.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd go with with the one you can build quickly if it's for pvp.

If it's a project either way Cidd is versatile enough to be great in PvP and PvE. Also nice he has elemental advantage against the typical blue pvp heroes.

Ah cheers, I have ml coli at 37 and think I'm good on green st of a between violet and bai ken so I think ill go for her. Also abs.

Xp boost is finally up. Going to go crazy on the farming. I have the leifs and the irl time.

What are you even farming for xp I've got a few chars stuck in the high 30 low 40 range that I need to get to 50.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Man baiken is so shit, always misses her bleeds and then gets instagibed, even vs all aqua teams.

Meanwhile I just press one button on violet and people just die trying to hit him.

Destina is p baller tho, much better than having rin as my only 'healer'. Slow tho.

Baiken is really needy in terms of stats and molagora investment but is the only one for the job when you start running into shit like uber tanky Ruele who needs to die immediately. Her single target output is amazing, I use her to one-shot Banshee 11 to skip the split phase for example.

Btw on a side note, Sid or ML Coli?

They seem to do the same thing, 1st move turn 1 instagib class agnosti nuke.

To get the 'always effective element' on his first S3 Cidd needs a speed buffer, like Roozid. But his damage is crazy and I've wiped entire teams with him due to the way his extra turns interact with the Rihanna and Luciella artifact. Low hp though, hard to use in higher end PVE content especially since many bosses counter debuffs and high speed. And I can't use him in arena much anymore because Champion is dumb. Still use him all the time in GW though.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here use regular Ara? I've been using friend while farming and she actually hits surprisingly hard. Thinking to build mine up at some point. Wondering if the conventional attack main stat necklace is the best build, or if I should go with crit chance + ddj.
Ah cheers, I have ml coli at 37 and think I'm good on green st of a between violet and bai ken so I think ill go for her. Also abs.

What are you even farming for xp I've got a few chars stuck in the high 30 low 40 range that I need to get to 50.
I'm farming the first node in the side story, hell difficulty. I can do it with Ruele and Bellona (with bloodstone) + 2 fodder if I take a bruiser friend (or someone like Violet. For some reason friend Bellona also works). Figured it was the best place for me to farm right now.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
It's slower, but fine for me. I'm farming final story hell with two dogs and a weak iseria I'm trying to level. Luna and an Angelica friend carry me.

I held off on using all my free stamina last night. Might be a day where I auto battle a bit during work. I also might run some Altar with a fodder.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here use regular Ara? I've been using friend while farming and she actually hits surprisingly hard. Thinking to build mine up at some point. Wondering if the conventional attack main stat necklace is the best build, or if I should go with crit chance + ddj.

I'm farming the first node in the side story, hell difficulty. I can do it with Ruele and Bellona (with bloodstone) + 2 fodder if I take a bruiser friend (or someone like Violet. For some reason friend Bellona also works). Figured it was the best place for me to farm right now.

I use mine for Golem, attack up+unhealable. I also like her design a lot so I wanted to at least try and use her for stuff. Might end up phasing out as my Cermia is done and I should probably build the team around her instead. But she's still on the auto team for now.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
What separates Ravi from other strong fire DPS units like Sol? I'm wondering what to do with my Ravi because I just built Sol and Clorina is my "just smack them" unit.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
What separates Ravi from other strong fire DPS units like Sol? I'm wondering what to do with my Ravi because I just built Sol and Clorina is my "just smack them" unit.

She has some self sustain with build in life steal. Tama is probably the better investment right now she's probably right up there with Dizzy as one of the best PvE units in the game. Super jealous of everyone that pulled a Tama as I have an Iseria to pair with her.

Should also say that similar to Clorina she has very strong damage output without applying buffs/debuffs which makes her ideal for a lot of content. There are a lot of AT100 clears with Ravi because of that.

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
She has some self sustain with build in life steal. Tama is probably the better investment right now she's probably right up there with Dizzy as one of the best PvE units in the game. Super jealous of everyone that pulled a Tama as I have an Iseria to pair with her.

Should also say that similar to Clorina she has very strong damage output without applying buffs/debuffs which makes her ideal for a lot of content. There are a lot of AT100 clears with Ravi because of that.
Ah, okay. So Ravi can go in the queue and will likely be useful later, but other units have more priority first.

If it makes you feel any better, I have no Iseria to go with Tama.

I have enough dogs to 6* someone now, but I'm not sure who to promote yet. Not sure who would give me the most benefit from a promotion.

I'll list candidates in a bit.

Edit: so right now I think my main focus is on finding a way to auto other level 11 hunts besides wyvern, and clear hell raid. Having better units for GW would be nice but I think clearing hunts and raid takes priority because that's where the gear is.

Current list of 6*:
Angie
CLorina
Dizzy
Karin
Silk
Sol

5* I could promote:
AMomo
Tama
Requiemroar
Gloomyrain
Kise
CArmin
A.Coli
Alexa
Fluri

Other units backlogged/benched:
SS Achates
G. Purrgis
Ravi
Luluca
Sigret
Celeste
A.Cidd
Judith

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys ever use gold dogs to promote other LV.40 gold dogs? Or do you always level them to make them into 5*s? I've got way more gold dogs than I can promote atm so thinking to use some for promotions to get another 6* quicker.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do it occasionally, sometimes the dogs build up in inventory a lot faster than the rate I'm going through them.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
What main benefit does Tama get from the promotion? I thought promotions are mostly just to make the unit tanker or do more damage, so I didn't think a healer would need one that badly.

Do you guys ever use gold dogs to promote other LV.40 gold dogs? Or do you always level them to make them into 5*s? I've got way more gold dogs than I can promote atm so thinking to use some for promotions to get another 6* quicker.
I do occasionally, but I don't know if I should. But I figure it's better to spend them suboptimally than sit on them forever while I burn out grinding gray dogs.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
I got Charlotte from the freebie so I guess I was lucky so I can save up my stash; but it she with building?s

Edir: well Dam, guess I'll build up my tama next.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017

I do sometimes... I'm always at the unit limit and have more dogs than I can level so I'll just use them to promote themselves.

Is there any consensus on if Normal or Hard mode in the side story is best for getting exp/currency? I can do either one with 3 fodder so wondering which is the most efficient.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
What main benefit does Tama get from the promotion? I thought promotions are mostly just to make the unit tanker or do more damage, so I didn't think a healer would need one that badly.

Her S2 heal is tied to her HP pool. But in general she's meant for longer fights (minus Golem) so you need her to be able to survive some blows and the 6* provides extra health/defense stats.

I do sometimes... I'm always at the unit limit and have more dogs than I can level so I'll just use them to promote themselves.

Is there any consensus on if Normal or Hard mode in the side story is best for getting exp/currency? I can do either one with 3 fodder so wondering which is the most efficient.

Pretty sure the lower the difficulty the more stamina efficient it is for EXP/Gold. But you have to run it more, so it's a trade off.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just got stomped by A. Vildred in arena. Then my free pull was a dupe Lilibet. Think the game is trying to give me a hint on who to build next :p

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone. Tama will have lots of dogs for lunch then.

I think I heard normal mode is more efficient for exp per stamina, while the harder difficulties are more efficient for side story tokens.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

I probably should. I have like 10 Teras and at this rate I'll never use them.

I usually level Gold dogs to 40 and then use silver ones to promote those to 5*

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
It's a bit silly that they more or less made A.Vildred a "If you don't have Lilibet, BBK, maybe Cidd or a team of bruisers, avoid this team" type of character. lol Luckily I have BBK

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
How long is this XP and free unequip event? I can't find the notes anywhere.

It's weird how they organize their information but if in the lobby you click the notices/events button on the left then notices and then look across the horizontal toolbar in the browser type thing there is an "events" tab that they announce all the events in. That or you can use Epic7x.com as they always update the front-page for all the events.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017

I do occasionally, but I don't know if I should. But I figure it's better to spend them suboptimally than sit on them forever while I burn out grinding gray dogs.
I would ask where you are in the game before telling you to 6 star Tama.

Like you don't seem to have a dog walker like Sez, the Vildred's, or BBKarin.

Tama is high priority when you are dipping your toes in endgame, but without Iseria, she won't help you for guild wars, or hunts, save Golem, or arena, or even like world stages.

I am kinda confused by the outpour for Tama. She can do her job at 5 stars with good gear.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Screenshot_20190717-154710.jpg

Screenshot_20190714-140248.jpg

Screenshot_20190717-132652.jpg

Remember, friends: spin to win.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Bah, struggling with queen again. I think I may have lucked out on last week's clear without realizing it.

Still having trouble surviving after she falls below half health. After I kill the bees, she's built up so many stacks of attack that my healer can't keep up, and if she manages to pick off Lorina then I'm hosed because Karin can't put out enough damage alone.

Edit: swapping Karin for Sol, then putting Sol in front seemed to help a lot. That freed up Carmin to use her s3 if needed, since Sol isn't bothered too much by the queen's cooldown damage.

Last edited:

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Bah, struggling with queen again. I think I may have lucked out on last week's clear without realizing it.

Still having trouble surviving after she falls below half health. After I kill the bees, she's built up so many stacks of attack that my healer can't keep up, and if she manages to pick off Lorina then I'm hosed because Karin can't put out enough damage alone.
How well built is your Sol.

I fight the queen with Diene, Sol, Bellona, and Angelic Momo.

Sol if built for high crit and crit dmg should outperform C Lorina at this boss unless you poured everything into C Lorina. Her AOE triggers Volcanic Viper.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Question about Iseria while on auto mode - is there some kind of rule on which allie she is gonna use Oathkeeper on ?

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Well the grind was definitely real today. Got Baiken to 6* so will see if she provides the boost I'm looking for in Guild Wars tomorrow. Going to get my C Armin to 5* and then call it for today. Annoyingly I merged my dupe Armin when I first started the game, so I need to grind one more 4* fodder.
Question about Iseria while on auto mode - is there some kind of rule on which allie she is gonna use Oathkeeper on ?
Iirc she targets the hero with the longest cooldown at the time of her using it.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Lidica's battle quotes confuse me. Is this where the real fight begins? Or is it time to bring the fight to an end?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Took good advantage of the EXP event, Iseria to 60 at the same time as farming Gold and Silver dogs. Generated 5 5* dogs while I was at it and almost have the shop already cleared so I can focus on hunts for gold farming tomorrow if I'm not busy. Really only started dipping into liefs the last hour or so, there we do many freebies in the past 7 days.

All while playing PAD on my personal phone lol.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

• pitty summon in every banner
  • will nerf broken nat5 ML heros. If your nat5 ML hero gets nerfed, you'll get a chance to choose what other nat5 ML hero you want instead of your nerfed one
  • You can get ML from covenant summon, removing golden transmit stone count in the future

I think they picked the worst possible route in regards to how pulling ML summons will be handled. PVP is gonna be a mess.

Hopefully they massage these ideas a bit more before they get released.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017

I think they picked the worst possible route in regards to how pulling ML summons will be handled. PVP is gonna be a mess.

Hopefully they massage these ideas a bit more before they get released.
This is gonna fuck up PVP but I am hoping some of these recently buffed ML heroes get nerfed.

Like Arbiter Vildred.

Looking forward to a nerfed CArmin. Hope recalls are reasonable.

Hope they start rotating banned zodiac signs, elements, and classes soon.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Should've just given 1 ml5 selecter instead of 5 star tickets, maybe a pity and called it a day.

I wonder if they'll have separate rate up then.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
These ML changes are going to be good. The whole system is going to be good.

Basically:

1. ML units are now included in the normal pool.
2. There is still an separate ML pool, but they're ditching the gold transmute stone system, as now you can get ML in the normal banners.
3. All banners have a pity.

Thank. God. It seems like Mystics are still going to be a thing, BUT I could totally see "Mystics are where you can get the latest units for 6 weeks, then after that they get added to the normal pool" being the future. And you know what? That sounds fine to me.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if those changes are the right direction tbh. Pity on every banner is very nice, but the ML changes seem very questionable at first glance.

Last edited:

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
The ML changes are a net positive if those newly released ML characters get focus banners (and reruns) the way regular covenant summons do.

You'll need more bookmarks relative to how much you need to get non-ML 5*s now, but far, FAR fewer bookmarks than if you tried to collect all the ML units through the absurd gated system we currently have. Plus guaranteed pity, so you can never get truly fucked over, and the super whale type players can just keep rolling to max out their imprints. Win-win.

Overall a massive improvement over the current system. I see no reason to complain, unless you're one of those asshole types that gets off on exclusive access to the right to succeed in arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.