• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels fairly classic Epic 7 to introduce seaside skins at the same time as seaside versions of existing characters.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
The issue is more that there's both costumes and alts now.
What if they bring out an Easter Bunny costume for Bellona next year?
Can you then put it on Seaside Bellona as well?
What about MLs? I can't put the Karin costume on BBK, can I?
If I see a swimsuit Karin in PvP I have to remember that it's just old Karin.

I mean, I'm going to believe they'll use this sparcely, but if they don't, it could get pretty confusing eventually.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Really great patch, much much bigger than I was expecting considering we just had a side story start last week. The new equipment screen is a godsend for re-gearing units and seeing all the effects at once.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably pull for seaside Bellona because of the limited pity thing, but it's not like I'm hurting for blue units.

Though if she's good at AoE, then I could definitely use her.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably pull for seaside Bellona because of the limited pity thing, but it's not like I'm hurting for blue units.

Though if she's good at AoE, then I could definitely use her.

Yeah, I have 22,700 skystones and 826 bookmarks. I'll pull for any new unit at this point because I'm generating faster than new units are being released.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
ab29a5a1878a430b9e69e6d1546942ca_1563963643.gif

Actually good stuff. Was surprised that the summer event starts now, considering they did very little to tease it immediately before. AT nerf is MUCH-needed and I will celebrate by rolling all 40 of my galaxy bookmarks once I clear floor 100. (Watch me get eight 3-stars in a row. You know it'll happen. I know it'll happen. We all know.)

I actually laughed at ML Ravi getting pre-emptively nerfed (her S3 going from 50 fighting spirit on use to 30). Makes sense, of course, since every ML 5-star is going to be seeing nerfs as well. Still funny to see since we can't roll on her banner for two whole weeks.

Butcher dude certainly looks interesting enough. I don't think I'll bother with him until they implement the 3* molagora-free change, though. I just have too many units to invest in already. Water Bellona, on the other hand...
Did I imagine it, or were they going to touch on ML5 re-balancing today as well?
Balancing was always scheduled for the 25th, i.e. tomorrow. (Yes, I know it's technically already tomorrow in Korea. I wouldn't expect anything until the afternoon, maybe the late evening.)

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's the case for every Gacha game....Summer, Halloween, Christmas etc. variants of gacha units...would be weird of E7 didn't have them.

Looking forward to them.

Seasonal units are indeed a standard thing. But most games either go with season costumes or seasonal units. They dont tend to mix them and they dont tend to mix them the same time both are announced. I mean its not a complaint just emblematic of the vaguely awkward way they introduce more or less everything.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Seasonal units are indeed a standard thing. But most games either go with season costumes or seasonal units. They dont tend to mix them and they dont tend to mix them the same time both are announced. I mean its not a complaint just emblematic of the vaguely awkward way they introduce more or less everything.
I think it's good that they are giving us all the options from start. As you said the seasonal limited units are a standard for Gachas to make money, but not everyone will get them via pulls ...introducing the the costume system makes sure that everyone, especially f2p get at least something out of the event.

I mean I don't have Karin and it looks like we are getting her from free including her new Summer skin - so I can't really complain.

Feels real weird to start an event without a event specific banner.
We should be happy that there is a a warning of at least a week...they could have dropped the Sigret banner now, only to surprise us with Bellona next week.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I mean I don't have Karin and it looks like we are getting her from free including her new Summer skin - so I can't really complain.

We're getting Karin free from just completing the quests, but the skin is part of the pass. The pass can technically also be gotten F2P since it only costs skystones instead of money (and we get enough skystones as F2Ps to afford it), but I wouldn't necessarily call it free.

I do like the setup though. Actual gameplay-affecting content (getting Karin if you don't own her) is free while the cosmetic can be bought F2P with skystones if you save up. It's a good system that I hope they continue to use.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have 22,700 skystones and 826 bookmarks. I'll pull for any new unit at this point because I'm generating faster than new units are being released.
I got a lot more okay with burning skystones for stamina once I realized I was getting skystone-bought bookmarks way faster than I use them. Between the rarity of units and the amount of grind/money needed to kit out anyone, stamina is really the limiting factor to getting a liked unit ready to be fielded.

So I saved up and bought about 1.8k bookmarks so that I could do a few limited pulls even if they came in succession, then started using the rest of my skystones for stamina. I blew about a thousand skystones on stamina over the weekend event and it was probably well spent. Even though I don't think I got any BiS gear, I did get a bunch of usable gear for a few new units. They just need that gear upgraded now.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
During Valentines they started with Luna and did Lidica the next week but Lidica was the event unit. Luna they just put out because everyone wanted her.

Is that the Roses event? That was when I first got the game I remember being weirded out that it wasn't balona's banner after the event felt like it was basically all about her and that one priest loli girl.

That event is still the peak of the game for me.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got a lot more okay with burning skystones for stamina once I realized I was getting skystone-bought bookmarks way faster than I use them. Between the rarity of units and the amount of grind/money needed to kit out anyone, stamina is really the limiting factor to getting a liked unit ready to be fielded.

So I saved up and bought about 1.8k bookmarks so that I could do a few limited pulls even if they came in succession, then started using the rest of my skystones for stamina. I blew about a thousand skystones on stamina over the weekend event and it was probably well spent. Even though I don't think I got any BiS gear, I did get a bunch of usable gear for a few new units. They just need that gear upgraded now.

How much are you playing this game to have no leaves? I feel like I play too much and still have over 70.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
How much are you playing this game to have no leaves? I feel like I play too much and still have over 70.
Once I became able to auto hunts, I started burning through stamina real fast because all you need to do is requeue a hunt a few times before you've burned a whole leaf's worth of stamina.

I start up runs a lot throughout the day before doing regular household stuff, so it adds up to a lot of playtime. For example, when I cook, I put down my phone nearby and start a hunt before I start cooking. Then every now and then, I check back on my phone and get it going on another run before I go do the next step in cooking. I also do something similar when doing the dishes or cleaning up afterwards.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Once I became able to auto hunts, I started burning through stamina real fast because all you need to do is requeue a hunt a few times before you've burned a whole leaf's worth of stamina.

I start up runs a lot throughout the day before doing regular household stuff, so it adds up to a lot of playtime. For example, when I cook, I put down my phone nearby and start a hunt before I start cooking. Then every now and then, I check back on my phone and get it going on another run before I go do the next step in cooking. I also do something similar when doing the dishes or cleaning up afterwards.

This on top of clear time of your auto team determines how fast you use up energy.
Clear time depends on the team, if you're also xp'ing a fodder as well. I think mine gets it at around 2/2.5 minutes per run, usually no barrier phase. But I could still improve the times (just haven't really improved the gear of my luna or tg. Might replace tg or schuri with karin with this update)

With that time, you easily burn around 400/500 energy per hr (given some time per rerun)

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
This on top of clear time of your auto team determines how fast you use up energy.
Clear time depends on the team, if you're also xp'ing a fodder as well. I think mine gets it at around 2/2.5 minutes per run, usually no barrier phase. But I could still improve the times (just haven't really improved the gear of my luna or tg. Might replace tg or schuri with karin with this update)

With that time, you easily burn around 400/500 energy per hr (given some time per rerun)

My problem is I kick off a run and then forget to look back for another 10-15 minutes. At that rate I'm barely using up all my natural stamina + daily gifts in the time I have to play at night. If I am paying attention it's actually so boring to run the same content over and over that I'll fall asleep! Feel asleep running 3 man Golem 11 last night to level up the Butcher and maybe got through 2 leifs and that's with being able to kill Golem in one turn.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
We're getting Karin free from just completing the quests, but the skin is part of the pass. The pass can technically also be gotten F2P since it only costs skystones instead of money (and we get enough skystones as F2Ps to afford it), but I wouldn't necessarily call it free.

I do like the setup though. Actual gameplay-affecting content (getting Karin if you don't own her) is free while the cosmetic can be bought F2P with skystones if you save up. It's a good system that I hope they continue to use.

You are right - its not free "free" but its in reach of every f2p even if you had no resources at the beginning of the event. Def. appreciate having something that shows that you were part of the event even if you didnt pull that shiny limited unit.

animus82

Nov 1, 2017
I guess I'll try to step up and finally tackle Hunts 9-11...but does anyone have a good video or link to start building for one?

Also my units so far:

6*:
Sage Baal & Sezan
Arbiter Vildred
Dizzy
Sol
Cermia
Bellona
Luna
Aramintha
Lidica
Haste
General Purrgis
Sez
Shadow Rose
Angelica
Falconer Kluri

5*(of which one I can 6*)
Destina
Baiken
Tamarinne
Tenebria
Iseria
Ravi
Charlotte
Kise
Cresent Moon Rin
Achates
Silk
Commander Lorina
Montmorancy
Church of llryos Axe

For your hunts you should 6 Star Tama and Kise. You already have Luna and so then you need a water tank. Grab Crozet from the connections.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I am wondering what they are going to do with Summer Sez.

He is already water element. There is no wind element in this game.

I kinda wanted skins, I would have been fine rolling on skins. I mean a water Bellona will be a great unit and retire TG, but still.

Gearing, awakening, and molagoraing a new unit is a hard sell.

If she still has defense break Luluca will be the quickest unit to get outright outclassed ever.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I am wondering what they are going to do with Summer Sez.

He is already water element. There is no wind element in this game.

I kinda wanted skins, I would have been fine rolling on skins. I mean a water Bellona will be a great unit and retire TG, but still.

Gearing, awakening, and molagoraing a new unit is a hard sell.

If she still has defense break Luluca will be the quickest unit to get outright outclassed ever.

Wind would fall under earth I think. And remember this game it's ice not water. We just always think in Pokemon terms.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Wind would fall under earth I think. And remember this game it's ice not water. We just always think in Pokemon terms.
I feel like an earth element Sez would be really good. It may work out. I have always preferred Sez as my dog walker to Vildred.

I still think they need to split earth from wind as 6 elements feel better to me than the 5 we have.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Looks like Sez is a skin, he's going to be in the second part of the summer pass.

Also, auto tower nerfs are real. The stat decrease combined with the weaken -30% makes floor 100 a joke. I literally lapped her 4 times before she took a turn.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
That AT nerf lol, cruised through it with no stigma needed although it was fun. Dupe Rikoris, the drought continues. My 4* rate at this point is laughably below the average.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the datamine thread on reddit, I really want that seaside bellona artifact, even those all my AoE units have fairly low attack stats.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Is the talk bubble not disappearing from the secret shop after clicking it for anybody?

Its triggering me right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.