• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm grinding wrong, seeing so many able to pity Vivian. It took everything I had to pity Summer Bellona, am I not farming the correct things to be able to pity Vivian as well, or as a F2P am I basically going to have "skip" every other banner? I'm not able to rank high in the arena and I haven't been doing any of the guild stuff, so maybe I'm missing out on a bunch of currency/bookmarks that way? I have a little over 100 bookmarks and 4.3k skystones.

As for dailies, I do them all, arena as much as I can (to the best of my ability), and Orbis check-in's whenever it's full (have it at 3/3/3). I also check the tavern and labyrinth vendor daily (the former multiple times) for bookmarks.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Damn pity again , the worst part was I got 3 5* artifacts along the way all 3 off banner, I'm kinda pissed but could be worse without pity lol

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm grinding wrong, seeing so many able to pity Vivian. It took everything I had to pity Summer Bellona, am I not farming the correct things to be able to pity Vivian as well, or as a F2P am I basically going to have "skip" every other banner? I'm not able to rank high in the arena and I haven't been doing any of the guild stuff, so maybe I'm missing out on a bunch of currency/bookmarks that way? I have a little over 100 bookmarks and 4.3k skystones.
Refreshing the secret shop cuts the "cost" of bookmarks by 30-50%. So those 4.3k skystones should net 350ish bookmarks. Plus your 100. Plus the banner runs for two weeks. So 600 should be doable.

But this is a very gold-heavy method. It sacrifices progression for pulls, which isn't something I recommend until you're grinding W11 all day err day. Throw in the bookmarks from things like W11 drops, dailies, events, the events like the banshee event going on right now, etc...and if you get a bit of luck most "end game" players should be able to get 600 bookmarks a month with a bit of luck. But honestly, expecting to get every banner unit in a gacha is a bit unrealistic. Skipping a banner every 2-3 banners should let most players have enough bookmarks to get to pity on 75% of the banners.

Get to at least Gold in arena, then push for Masters. The amount of skystones you get from arena is absolutely astounding. Plus once you get there you rarely have to participate. I've fought 2 opponents in PVP in over 2 months, total.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Refreshing the secret shop cuts the "cost" of bookmarks by 30-50%. So those 4.3k skystones should net 350ish bookmarks. Plus your 100. Plus the banner runs for two weeks. So 600 should be doable.

But this is a very gold-heavy method. It sacrifices progression for pulls, which isn't something I recommend until you're grinding W11 all day err day. Throw in the bookmarks from things like W11 drops, dailies, etc...and if you get a bit of luck most "end game" players should be able to get 600 bookmarks a month with a bit of luck. But honestly, expecting to get every banner unit in a gacha is a bit unrealistic. Skipping a banner every 2-3 banners should let most players have enough bookmarks to get to pity on 75% of the banners.

Get to at least Gold in arena, then push for Masters. The amount of skystones you get from arena is absolutely astounding. Plus once you get there you rarely have to participate. I've fought 2 opponents in PVP in over 2 months, total.
Yeah, not sure I have enough gold to do the shop refresh method currently, and I'm still trying to level up and such for W11. :(

Thanks for the insight, I just wasn't sure I was missing another source of income or not. I'll keep at arena and press forward as much as I can. I still have a bit of the story to run through, so there's that at least. I doubt I'll be able to make Vivian pity, but at least I know what to work towards. I've heard shop refreshes are the way to go, I have to worry about my luck that way though. :/

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
17 pulls in no Vivian :(

First 3 pulls all sparked.... got her artifact second pull, ended up getting a Cidd which is pretty good since I want too SSS him and Watcher Schuri for speed imprints.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not sure I have enough gold to do the shop refresh method currently, and I'm still trying to level up and such for W11. :(

Thanks for the insight, I just wasn't sure I was missing another source of income or not. I'll keep at arena and press forward as much as I can. I still have a bit of the story to run through, so there's that at least. I doubt I'll be able to make Vivian pity, but at least I know what to work towards. I've heard shop refreshes are the way to go, I have to worry about my luck that way though. :/
Not sure if your f2p I know your account is new and you have your reasons to want Vivian but be aware that the 1 year anniversary is near and maybe think about saving. This banner and event was probably designed to get us to use our resources before the anniversary event.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if your f2p I know your account is new and you have your reasons to want Vivian but be aware that the 1 year anniversary is near and maybe think about saving. This banner and event was probably designed to get us to use our resources before the anniversary event.
Yeah, good point. I don't know if I would classify myself as being full-on "F2P", as I did buy the Monthly Pack as well as a handful of the beginner bundles and Rank Up one to get enough currency to get Summer Bellona, but beyond that I won't be spending more (outside of more monthly packs, as it seems to have a nice value for being relatively cheap).

You're correct about the anniversary though, and there's always the possibility that something might get datamined closer to it that might encourage me to pass on pulling for Vivian. I'll need to wait anyway, so it could work in my favor. Here's hoping!

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, good point. I don't know if I would classify myself as being full-on "F2P", as I did buy the Monthly Pack as well as a handful of the beginner bundles and Rank Up one to get enough currency to get Summer Bellona, but beyond that I won't be spending more (outside of more monthly packs, as it seems to have a nice value for being relatively cheap).

You're correct about the anniversary though, and there's always the possibility that something might get datamined closer to it that might encourage me to pass on pulling for Vivian. I'll need to wait anyway, so it could work in my favor. Here's hoping!

You're like me since I started playing. Bought the first two rank up packs and the exp monthly every month since I started. It helps to calculate on paper your weekly crystal income and determine how long it takes until you reach the necessary amount to pity summon. Check reddit to see impressions on newly released characters it can help make a decision on whether to pull or not.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
i just spent all my new account skystones and stuff to get ss bell, dunno if i want to risk my meager leftovers trying for vivian

Elfstruck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

As for dailies, I do them all, arena as much as I can (to the best of my ability), and Orbis check-in's whenever it's full (have it at 3/3/3). I also check the tavern and labyrinth vendor daily (the former multiple times) for bookmarks.
I don't have much time playing the game, but I still manage to grab most of the banner units w/out hitting pity. The key is not to overspend on certain banner, unless it's a limited one. Save all your resources and don't pull immediately when new unit releases. I usually wait for the multipliers and see how the unit pans out before dumping my BM. Set limit on how much you want to invest for that particular banner, because you will never be able to get every banner unit.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You're like me since I started playing. Bought the first two rank up packs and the exp monthly every month since I started. It helps to calculate on paper your weekly crystal income and determine how long it takes until you reach the necessary amount to pity summon. Check reddit to see impressions on newly released characters it can help make a decision on whether to pull or not.
Yeah, I really should calculate my estimated daily income, would definitely help plan things a bit. I'm already checking Reddit and such every time a new character is released, so no worries there!

i just spent all my new account skystones and stuff to get ss bell, dunno if i want to risk my meager leftovers trying for vivian
You're around where I am. I'm going to continue saving as much as I can to see how close I can get to the pity, as well as if anniversary news hits before the Vivian banner ends. Who knows? We might get some early anniversary login bonuses to help towards Vivian.

I don't have much time playing the game, but I still manage to grab most of the banner units w/out hitting pity. The key is not to overspend on certain banner, unless it's a limited one. Save all your resources and don't pull immediately when new unit releases. I usually wait for the multipliers and see how the unit pans out before dumping my BM. Set limit on how much you want to invest for that particular banner, because you will never be able to get every banner unit.
Unfortunately, given my random luck, I refuse to start pulling unless I'm sure I'll be able to hit the pity rate. I'd hate to go 6-70 summons into a banner with nothing to show for it. :(

I'll definitely do research though before I spend anything, at least this early on. When I get more constructed teams it won't be so bad, but since I'm relatively new to the game I have to be careful with who I summon for, and who will be useful in pushing me into the endgame so I can more comfortably/reliably farm the important content.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Did 12 ML pulls because I wanted to get ML Dingo and got Maid Chloe and C. Dom on the way there. Blessed.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got Viv in 12 luckily. Is the artifact worth shooting for? (wish the pity let you select unit or artifact)

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Got Viv in 12 luckily. Is the artifact worth shooting for? (wish the pity let you select unit or artifact)

That artifact is crap: There only two mages with non-attack skills, Vivian and Luluca. Vivian's is on a 5-6 turn CD, while Luluca's is on a 3-4 turn CD, but her S2 already has a barrier effect on it, and I don't think it stacks.
Far too little benefit when you could instead slap on a Joker, Sira-ren for debuffs, or that other artifact that increase damage on bosses.

I was lucky and got Vivian with only 80 or so BM. Maybe, just maybe, she might be better than Yuna for Wyvern hunting.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Really liking the hall of trials and exclusive equipment.
What's the best ability buff to get for Destina and Wanderer Silk?
I've got one for Destina that allows her to cleanse a debuff on her S1 and one for Wanderer Silk with 9 Speed that allows her S2 to hit twice regardless of the enemy being debuffed.
The buff to Destina's S2 sounds pretty good I guess

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
If anyone has Vivian and the Time Matter artifact can you test if her follow up S2s get the attack buff?

Got Vivian. Her in-game sprite isn't bad, but hero portrait elsewhere is just obnoxious.

Her in game sprite (dat mole) and her artifact art are so much better than her hero portrait.... guess I'll rather have this the opposite like with F!Ceci and Butcher Inq.

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, I was like 200k short of SSS the kayron trial...guess I need to change a couple artefacts around to squeeze that last bit off damage out.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Hello friends I'm on EpicEra! Under the name Foxmine lmao. but also rip to Fellow (i hope you come back sometime friend).

And running ras needs to go away.
What's good Fox.
I feel like I'm grinding wrong, seeing so many able to pity Vivian. It took everything I had to pity Summer Bellona, am I not farming the correct things to be able to pity Vivian as well, or as a F2P am I basically going to have "skip" every other banner?
To be able to go to pity on every banner would be something else lol. You can get a lot of resources, but probably not enough to pity multiple banners in a row. Most people just haven't spent in a while and have a number of resources. I myself can pity on 2 banners atm, which is why I'm not spending any on this banner. Anniversary is going to big I feel and I don't really care for this hero. She doesn't really progress my account in any way.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What's good Fox.

To be able to go to pity on every banner would be something else lol. You can get a lot of resources, but probably not enough to pity multiple banners in a row. Most people just haven't spent in a while and have a number of resources. I myself can pity on 2 banners atm, which is why I'm not spending any on this banner. Anniversary is going to big I feel and I don't really care for this hero. She doesn't really progress my account in any way.
Well I did skip the Kayron banner, but considering I just finished pulling SS Bellona at the tailend of her event, it's not too surprising my resources are low, haha.

Honestly, waiting might be the best just in case they have something big for the anniversary that's datamined before the current banner ends. It's the first anniversary so they have the potential to release something truly great.

I'll just continue to grind things out and see how it goes. I'm currently running a Charlotte/Sez/SS Bellona/Tamarine team, and it does okay in PVP and PVE. Not the best, but it should be better when I evolve SS Bellona (which should happen today, just working on my last beast right now).

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
When you're ready to mass pull and get Vivian in 3 pulls.

I'll still build C. Mercedes first.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
30 pulls for Vivian no luck or anything useful - was able to do 2 ML pulls as well...2 useless 3*.

Well...you win some you lose some xD

Gonna check out the new mode later.

PS. Grats to everyone that got lucky enough to pull her !!

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Well I did skip the Kayron banner, but considering I just finished pulling SS Bellona at the tailend of her event, it's not too surprising my resources are low, haha.

Honestly, waiting might be the best just in case they have something big for the anniversary that's datamined before the current banner ends. It's the first anniversary so they have the potential to release something truly great.

I'll just continue to grind things out and see how it goes. I'm currently running a Charlotte/Sez/SS Bellona/Tamarine team, and it does okay in PVP and PVE. Not the best, but it should be better when I evolve SS Bellona (which should happen today, just working on my last beast right now).
Yeah exactly. Wait to see what's in store first then decide. She doesn't really add anything to you right now, and if the anniversary hero is another limited hero you'll want to get that instead. Viv could always come on a daily too.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
The game was down so late I had to go to bed, one saving grace of having to take the train to work now is being able to get my daily quests and GW done before maintenance. Before I would've just been screwed.

I'm short on skystones and bookmarks due to a combination of energy refreshing (ran out of leafs) and rage pulling (had a bad streak on the refund and fruitlessly went at Covenant for a bit). So I said I'd only roll my loose bookmarks. Well, I had 115, and got no gold flashes until my last few rolls which had my 5th Zerato, second Ice Rose, dupe Noble Oath, and Dingus Orb. I figured it would be foolish to stop on such a streak so I got 50 bookmarks and Vivian popped out on the next roll. Saved the other 45.

Should be in good shape to save up for a pity roll even if they run Tamarinne next. Haven't even had 10 seconds to look at the new challenge content though. Just trying to burn all of my mailbox energy during the extended gold buff, by spamming hell sidestory. Sucks that they extended it only 12 hours. I'm sure there's plenty of us that can only play a lot during the time of day after the buff will expire, and we're the ones that got fucked over by the maintenance in the first place.

It would be crazy to expect to get every character as F2P, yeah. Eventually your luck will run out and you'll have to hit 120 to get someone. But I think you'd be fine if you skipped the 1-week rerun banners of old characters (though when Tamarinne comes back, she's a must-have). The game is quite generous with currency which is probably why they're putting in other sinks now like costumes and this new challenge mode thing.

A few tricks to use if you aren't already:

- Repeatedly SSS devotion every 3* unit - keep one copy at SSS for collection purposes, and lock them. Then lock the next one, and use dupes to raise them to SSS for the achievement before transmitting them. This yields a lot of bookmarks. I finished the achievement though so now I just transmit 3*.
- When you have spare gold it doesn't hurt to refresh the shop a bit for bookmarks, if you're really hurting for them. This burns gold fast but you might find some nice gear and Mystic medals too.
- Not really a 'tip' I guess but the monthly subscription is a good value if you don't mind 5 bucks a month. The daily stones add up and the 10% exp is nice.

There isn't really anything we're farming that's different. Skystones drop from hunts, sure, but it's a pathetic amount and frustrating when you just want gear. Bookmarks from friendship leveling etc don't make up that big of a difference especially later on when you're already finished most of the reputation quests (they often end at 30). It's mostly just a law of averages over time and a lot of us sit on a stack of skystones for something we want in the future. I went the full 120 summons for Dizzy TWICE but it evened out, for example I got Vivian pretty fast. I'd have been fine not getting her at all though, since there's someone I'm saving for.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Did a bunch of pulls. Didn't get the new unit, but got Apocalypse Ravi and Luluca out of it instead. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Hello friends I'm on EpicEra! Under the name Foxmine lmao. but also rip to Fellow (i hope you come back sometime friend).

And running ras needs to go away.
Welcome!

I'm F2P too, and I don't think we should expect to be able to pull to pity on every banner. I've been pulling on maybe one in three or four banners, and I have a pretty decent stock of bookmarks handy in case a banner I really like comes up.

Grinding-wise you're doing the right stuff. Dailies, the passive orbis building, and weekly arena rewards are your main sources of skystones.

It's best to not try to get every unit, since you won't be able to gear or promote them in time before the next unit comes up anyway. Probably better to save until a unit you really like comes up.

Last edited:

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I finally unlocked Commander Lorina ! I should have farmed way more dark runes...

Also my SS Bellona is finally 6*, i just need some money to level up her gear now

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017

You get 600 a week for being challenger 5, so for me that is a huge source of stones + monthly pack if you stretch the definition of f2p. You have to remember also you won't have to pity on every banner and some chars won't fit your team. My tactic was to try every banner until I hit ANY 5*, artifact or character. I did that until I saved 12k stones to make sure I could get any limited.

Anyone have any good tips for Kayron trial? I got a B using my Wyvern11 team but I hope I can do better than that.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You get 600 a week for being challenger 5, so for me that is a huge source of stones + monthly pack if you stretch the definition of f2p. You have to remember also you won't have to pity on every banner and some chars won't fit your team. My tactic was to try every banner until I hit ANY 5*, artifact or character. I did that until I saved 12k stones to make sure I could get any limited.

Anyone have any good tips for Kayron trial? I got a B using my Wyvern11 team but I hope I can do better than that.

I used Luluca, Tam, Luna and Dizzy and can get A.

Use AoE to kill the adds. If you have Sealona she gets nerfed damage but she causes unhealable which makes the boss take 50% more damage. Also dont stress too much about it because it's only a few points difference.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got an A on the trial fight using Dizzy(lead), Tama, Sealona, and Luluca; with the clear bonus I was at 2 million points. A combination of 40% effectivness and an unmolaed s3 led to Sealona only landing what felt like 1/2 of her unhealables. With better luck on debuffing during the stun phase I feel like I could get an S but it doesn't seem like it's worth stressing over.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I tried it again using Tama, Sealona, Luna and Luluca and got an S. Its 1 more point than A. It's really not worth worrying about.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I used Luluca, Tam, Luna and Dizzy and can get A.

Use AoE to kill the adds. If you have Sealona she gets nerfed damage but she causes unhealable which makes the boss take 50% more damage. Also dont stress too much about it because it's only a few points difference.
I think ideally you want to be hitting A minimum each time. It means 2 runs gives you a piece of equipment as opposed to 3.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Went in for Vivian and hit pity. I'm still not spending gold, but that was about a 10k hit to my skystone collection. Going to make it hard to buy out ML Leo, I'm down to about 15k skystones.

Her attack up and immunity seemed to useful to pass up.

Also, lol, was so tired last night I though I had just accepted a 60 stamina reward but really hit collect all. I had 800 some odd stamina this morning, luckily they extended the gold/exp buff.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Vivian is so much fun. I'm just doing a dailies/adventure with her, Bellona, and Vildred/Yufine and stacking so much different attacks. I haven't even used her against Dizzy's yet.

I'm currently using Sira-ren on her and getting multiple status effects with S2 stacks. I want to use Abyssal Crown but mine is too low level atm.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
I was around 25 pulls away from six gold stones, so I just set that as my limit. Got her at around 15 or so. Only other non 3* pull was a Zerato, didn't have him yet. ML pull was Mirsa, also new.

Decent haul for my at-least-I'm-building-my-collection minded self. It's kinda sad to realize the only banner characters I actually get before pity are the ones I'm not willing to reach pity for, though. And people say desire sensors aren't real.

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
I got 2,578,109 with cdom, dizzy, S.bell and Angie. S.bell just didn't want to proc anything.

I tried it again using Tama, Sealona, Luna and Luluca and got an S. Its 1 more point than A. It's really not worth worrying about.

That was my exact team and I can't think of anything better. trick is to have Tama's s3 ready before the first stun but it's actually difficult because of how quick kayron and the minion dies first round. Ideally maybe have a bloodstone on sealonna do the healing and replace tama with a 4th dps.

Status
Not open for further replies.