• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I only missed him the first time because i did not know it was not rng.

Have not missed him since, i make sure i am comfortable and track him with my finger.

I was listening to the latest Warbait video he swears Green Armin/Dizzy is legit in guild war especially against ML Ken/Vildred Revive comps, anybody uses this set up?

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The pet system is so overly complicated it's laughable that is what came out of "we want auto-battle."

Good thing they put the artifact in the shop because it is damn good and would go great on my J. Kise to help her survive SSB and F.Ceci counterattacks. Wouldn't have pulled for it if it was in the banner only.

I missed Arky once, I got distracted.

Just upgraded Spez, I think I'm going Rage set. I need a few more key pieces though since I think I want to give him Rage/Speed boots. If you use R&L on Spez and he kills with his S3 and then it procs can you use S3 again?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I've missed Arky once because I got distracted. Those pauses between every message in that mini game are so long that I didn't want to do the event every day.

As for Armin+Dizzy, does that person mean it's legit because of Armin's shields and heals? If so, then it sounds like it could work. I often run Dizzy with Fluri and sometimes Fluri's S2 is enough healing to keep everyone up.

Dizzy + tanks and heals is a very legit comp in GW because there's no lightning to punish you for prolonged fights. It's okay to slowly wear down teams over time. I'm pretty sure I've done that against Avild comps before, but it would be risky against ML Ken because Dizzy only having AoEs triggers Ken's counterattack a lot.

I dunno about other revive comps, though. Ruele puts a DPS check on you that Dizzy + healing tank can't beat alone. You'd need to bring some strong DPS in your third slot for it to work.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
around 26-27 minute mark

i listened to it again i think he is saying Green Armin and her s1 EE allows you to stun lock. He promises to showcase in a future video if there is enough interest.The only thing i can think of is to debuff them and stun them with Armin. I guess with an abyssal crown dizzy you can keep them stun through out the whole match.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how to take on that D. Corvus, Carmin, Dizzy team if D.Corvus has 30k hp and timeless anchor. I assume you can't stun-lock or apply unhealable if he's slow and the debuffs just get removed. I don't have a great light tank. Was thinking of taking in Dizzy, Seallona, and Lilias. Lilias to clean the debuffs from Dizzy, Dizzy to reduce damage, and then Seallona to prevent Carmin's immunity. A bit risky if it doesn't land on D. Corvus.

Did anyone know his effect resistance?

I feel like I can't go full on DPS without him wiping out some of my team and healing back up because I'll have to kill Dizzy and Carmin first before trying to chip him down.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how to take on that D. Corvus, Carmin, Dizzy team if D.Corvus has 30k hp and timeless anchor. I assume you can't stun-lock or apply unhealable if he's slow and the debuffs just get removed. I don't have a great light tank. Was thinking of taking in Dizzy, Seallona, and Lilias. Lilias to clean the debuffs from Dizzy, Dizzy to reduce damage, and then Seallona to prevent Carmin's immunity. A bit risky if it doesn't land on D. Corvus.

I feel like I can't go full on DPS without him wiping out some of my team and healing back up because I'll have to kill Dizzy and Carmin first before trying to chip him down.
I replied in the game chat, but imo he has a decent amount of resistance. I didn't land many SSB defense breaks on him. I had to soulburn S3 to get unhealable on him.

I don't have solid advice, but I can recap how my fight went with that guy from what I can remember.

I brought Ssb + Kitty + Angie. Enemy Dizzy moved first, then Kitty (I s3ed to cleanse), then Carmin S3ed. I removed the immunity with Kitty and eventually focused Dizzy and then Carmin down.

By this point, Dcorvus got his first S3 off and it beat Kitty to an inch of her life. For reference, she has 15k hp and 1.6k defense. I put a heal on her but she died the next turn to another s3, since by now Corvus was soloing me and I often had no choice but to hit him. I don't think I got def break on him much, plus he was self healing a ton with each s3.

I eventually was able to soulburn ssb S3 him to apply unhealable. Corvus s3ed Angie several times and she survived with decent health left over, but she was out of heals by the time ssb s2 def break landed, and that plus the unhealable from the s3 lasted long enough for me to chip him down. It was close though, because I think Corvus would have killed Angie in another one or two S3s if he got them off.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Probably gonna delete my current account in a few days - it's been linked to a fake Facebook account and since it's not possible to delink, the thought of playing for years only to lose my progress seems crazy.

Before I delete the account I would suggest my Epic Era Guild mates to ask for needed Catalyst and I'll make sure to gift as much as possible the next days.

Probably gonna start a "legit" account on the EU server..maybe when Luna drops.

PS. That pet system sound very complicated lol - thought this was about to streamline the farming process...

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.

He did 19k damage to my 23k hp Krau (survived). If you've got a hefty Tank then take out Dizzy & C.Armin and then Balance HP so he focuses on your tank.

The ER didn't seem that high to me, I was able to push him back, land provokes and bleeds.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Now that I have teams built that can auto Wyvern and Golem 11, my next goal is to avoid being total dead weight in guild wars. What team should I be building with what I have? These are my nat 5* and notable ML units:

RGB Nat 5*
SS Bellona
Ken
Tywin
Charles
Lilias
Tamarinne
Charlotte
Vivian
Bellona
Tenebria
Sez
Yuna
Yufine
Baal & Sezan
Vildred
Cecilia
Luna (I'll have her tomorrow)

ML
J. Kise
W. Silk
Mirsa
F. Cecilia
A. Vildred
C. Dominiel
C. Lorina
RW Leo
Kitty Clarissa
A. Cartuja
Hurado
I have all the RGB 4*s at my disposal and every 3* besides the 5 newbies in the latest update.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Probably gonna delete my current account in a few days - it's been linked to a fake Facebook account and since it's not possible to delink, the thought of playing for years only to lose my progress seems crazy.

Before I delete the account I would suggest my Epic Era Guild mates to ask for needed Catalyst and I'll make sure to gift as much as possible the next days.

Probably gonna start a "legit" account on the EU server..maybe when Luna drops.

PS. That pet system sound very complicated lol - thought this was about to streamline the farming process...
Oh god that really sucks. Sorry to see you go, and it sucks that you're basically being forced off like this too.

I'm guessing support isn't doing anything?

I'll try to ask for catalysts. I'm pretty starved for them.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god that really sucks. Sorry to see you go, and it sucks that you're basically being forced off like this too.

I'm guessing support isn't doing anything?

I'll try to ask for catalysts. I'm pretty starved for them.
Yeah it's a bummer but my own fault in the end - I just wanted to get fast back into the game and used this old account I had since Diene was on it.

Lately I've been thinking though that I'm spending all the time in this acc, that I wouldn't be able to redeem if Facebook ever bans my fake account lol.

Anyway it's not as big of a deal...I would rather limit the loss than getting extremely trolled a couple years from now.

PS. Yeah make sure to ask for Catalysts the next days.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's a bummer but my own fault in the end - I just wanted to get fast back into the game and used this old account I had since Diene was on it.

Lately I've been thinking though that I'm spending all the time in this acc, that I wouldn't be able to redeem if Facebook ever bans my fake account lol.

Anyway it's not as big of a deal...I would rather limit the loss than getting extremely trolled a couple years from now.

PS. Yeah make sure to ask for Catalysts the next days.

Why would Facebook delete your account? I have an alt on Puzzle and Dragons that I have linked to a fake Facebook account.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I have teams built that can auto Wyvern and Golem 11, my next goal is to avoid being total dead weight in guild wars. What team should I be building with what I have? These are my nat 5* and notable ML units:

I have all the RGB 4*s at my disposal and every 3* besides the 5 newbies in the latest update.
im still wrapping my head around guild war myself but this is what I see with your roster assuming you are max mola and have immunity sets

Defense you want to try to discourage/beat Dizzy, SS Bellona, kluri, momo teams
SS Bellona, F. Cecilia, and Charles or A Vildred, seems to trip people up or annoy them
Ken (counter), Yufine, Angelica,

offense
your best cleanser, Charles, or yufine, if you see Dizzy/SS bellona or blue units
Ken to take out green units like Violet/Kluri
soul burn speed cleave C.Dom with Tagehel AND Vildread or J kise if you think your fighting a squishy team
Dizzy/SSBellona and DPS/bait unit can work on teams that have no elemental advantage and cleanse

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017

Which units do you like and/or have built right now? It's best to not stretch yourself too thin on gear. A few very good units is better than a larger stable of mediocre units. You have quite a stable of good units there, so it's more about picking what you like and then figuring out what to do with them.

PvP teams usually use one of these strategies:
1) outspeed to kill/cripple the team on the first turn. This usually means a very fast CR pusher and supporting damage units.
2) be beefy (a combination of tankiness and healing/ressing) and win a prolonged slugfest. Damage can be lower here, more bursty, or reliant on debuffs to kill.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

For "meta" PvP units, specifically for Guild Wars you have Charles, SSB, and A Vildred. Those will take you very far and also be a pretty stout defense as well. They'll double as great regular Arena units. SSB is also a key unit for me in Banshee 11 and Azimanuk 11 if you are looking for dual purpose. F. Ceci is a phenomenal Arena unit but I see her less in GW.

I've grown very fond of Lilias with an immunity set and she's a pretty meta normal Arena defender. At around 200 speed she can cleanse a Dizzy S3 and then hold Aurius to soak up damage from weaker units. Pair her with an attack heavy A. Vildred and her S3 will do a ton of damage as well. J.Kise is probably your best cleaver in normal Arena but weaker in GW because she requires a lot of set up. Tywin is the best AoE defense break you have as soul burnt he can ignore effect resistance and set someone up like A. Vildred or J.Kise to cleave.

For 3 star, Fluri, Montmo, and Roozid are all very solid units to fully flesh out their specialty changes and make useful in PvP modes.

Assassin Cartuja is a popular unit for defense because he adds a lot of RNG to fights.

As Chopchop said, focus on a core team. I'd personally start with SSB since she is so valuable in PvE as well and then Charles. You have so many good units after that you'll learn what gives you trouble and then just promote th at unit. I.e if you struggle with damage go for someone like A Vildred or J Kise but if you struggle with cleansing go Lilias, Kitty Clarissa or Montmo.

Last edited:

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I usually don't talk about my pulls but I pulled 4 Border Coins and 2 Ludwigs from mystic summons in about 30 pulls. Unreal luck both good and bad. I've pulled the off banner 5* so many times on mystics. I think it's 8 or 9 now.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I usually don't talk about my pulls but I pulled 4 Border Coins and 2 Ludwigs from mystic summons in about 30 pulls. Unreal luck both good and bad. I've pulled the off banner 5* so many times on mystics. I think it's 8 or 9 now.

So pulling for ML Chloe then? Thoughts on her in Champion with Spez getting the buff? I was going to skip and I don't particularly care for the 5/4* in this rotation or the next.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So pulling for ML Chloe then? Thoughts on her in Champion with Spez getting the buff? I was going to skip and I don't particularly care for the 5/4* in this rotation or the next.

not sure how she will perform in this new Spez world. If anything, she can still do work on offense, and in gvg, you can split up your revivers. I also like pulling and wouldn't mind the new ml 4*. :)

Mio

Oct 16, 2018

150 pulls, 7500 mystics.

No ML Chloe, but 3 border coins.

Also no ML Crozet.

Sad

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Since the game is on maint:

Does anyone else think they overload characters a bit too much, additionally ER and Effectiveness are borked?

Take Basar, if I run into a Lilias on Def, all I have to do is make my Basar slower, add immunity so Lilias doesn't push him back and they're screwed. If there's a Basar on defence the only sure fire way to win is to out speed (or fire units, lol). Which some might say is "easy" since you can run imprint on offence, which is cool, I suppose.

Does he really need a 30% CR reduction added on to his S3 when most teams are screwed once they're stripped and hit with unable to buff? They're open to Dizzy, AoE stuns, SSB, etc.

Why not just strip + push back? There's almost no recovering from strip, unable to be buffed and a CR reduction.

Same goes for SSB, with her damage output, why are the debuffs on her S3 at 100% and not like 75% being as detrimental as they are? This is more to do with the fact that Iela & Basar are pretty rampant atm.

You can't even get your healers high ER without shattering their speed, since ideally what you want for them is health, speed and then ER.

ER is too hard to come by without severely gimping your units. You need 150% to be completely immune to a debuff from a unit with 50% effectiveness.

It just feels like a dead stat. It basically has no value unless you're pushing 170%+ and most units can't attain that while still doing their job. Momo can achieve it and even then we've all experienced still being hit debuffs with 140%+ ER Momo's.

This is because many units get an effectiveness awakening, while so few get ER, it's not hard.

For other units, there's no discernible difference between having 0% ER and 60% ER.

I think the innate 15% to resist should be removed in PvP and maybe give all classes a base ER before their awakenings. This way everything is visible and not RNG when things are resisted, additionally people will be able to work with ER a little more.
If someone doesn't put any ER into a single unit, then yes that unit should be royally screwed. But right now there's no discernible difference between having 0% ER Vs 60% ER.

Still, the safest bet is to bring an immunity buffer.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Why would Facebook delete your account? I have an alt on Puzzle and Dragons that I have linked to a fake Facebook account.
I don't know why but I'm was too invested in the game to feel comfortable playing on a account - I wouldn't be able to redeem IF something was about to happen with it. If it was some alt account like with your PaD one it would be something diffrent, but it's my main with a game I play quite alot and not just login. With every day and achievement I pass, I feel less safe - rather cut the loss right now after playing for a couple months and be safe.

Still enjoying the game quite a bit which is the only reason I don't even mind restarting a new acc - using and trying some other Heroes has always been fun.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Facebook is really random with account bans. I had a legit account with them, with my real name, profile picture, phone number, etc., with a secure password. It was banned. Meanwhile a handful of my mule accounts with fake information that was rarely ever used (aside for linking it with games) remain fine.

I know I could have contacted them and supplied them with a bunch of information to restore the legit account, but honestly it's not worth the effort for me. It's why I avoid using Facebook at all, and will use any other linking service (Twitter, Email, Transfer Code, etc.) over them.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
sddefault_live.jpg

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the maintenance keeps getting extended and they gift everyone a free Luna as an apology.
Facebook is really random with account bans. I had a legit account with them, with my real name, profile picture, phone number, etc., with a secure password. It was banned. Meanwhile a handful of my mule accounts with fake information that was rarely ever used (aside for linking it with games) remain fine.

I know I could have contacted them and supplied them with a bunch of information to restore the legit account, but honestly it's not worth the effort for me. It's why I avoid using Facebook at all, and will use any other linking service (Twitter, Email, Transfer Code, etc.) over them.
Yup - everything is better than Facebook imo.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Lol

I set up my alarm to wake up after maintenance, saw it was pushed back, woke up at reset just to see another extension.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Her S3 animation looks kinda cool from the little preview.

She's a fire unit with an S3 that ignores element, hoping I don't reach pity on Luna so I have some reserves to pull for her

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Curse kills you if you don't kill the caster before the timer runs out. Can't be cleansed in PvE, but don't know if that is inherent in the debuff.
She will hard counter mceci and DCorvus stall

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Have a feeling Cursed is something like a doom timer from those liches in Trials.

Or, its like Oblivion and shuts off enemy passives. Would make sense in both cases for them to not affect bosses.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Here I was pretty happy at the change to maintenance times because they used to happen during my train ride home and would often get extended through my entire free time at home. Well, this is still better I guess, they can extend it all they want while I'm at work.

As for the datamines, I went from having no reds to actually being maybe too red-heavy. Still gonna roll because it's been 84 years since the last time I could roll anything but covenants.

The weirdest thing I've seen was maybe that time Sabin got 3 Tamarinnes basically in a row during ML Ceci's banner. At least the timestamps were very close.

I'm sitting at a guaranteed Mystic summon now, and I rolled almost all of mine before the refund (never bought any with real money though). Still never got a normal 5* from them, not sure how many pulls that was total but it's probably past the bad streak I had on regular summons back when the game was new (around 1300-1400 BMs with nothing, not even a spook). I did get ML Ceci in one roll that one time though.

Likewise I got 5 other unique ML 5* from galaxy BMs before a lot of people even had one, but for those I've been in a drought for exactly 5 months plus the big refund. I figure when it turns around you're gonna see some serious shit.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
If curse is like a liches I don't see why it cant effect bosses just make it have to pass a check for instant death, if it fails the check than 1/4 hp damage, or apply a debuff or something.

No need to make her a strictly a pvp hero

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I kind of feel fire characters should be PvE characters at this point given the meta they have created, but eh.

Fire PVP characters are going to be hard countered for the foreseeable future.

They need to release limited earth characters and like no new Ice characters for a solid 6-8 months if they want to push against it IMO. They don't seem to be doing that though.

Making them ignore element just makes me feel like they should have made them light or dark. But they don't seem to wish to make non moonlight dark or light characters for whatever reason.

Besides Kikirat, I guess.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
If curse is like a liches I don't see why it cant effect bosses just make it have to pass a check for instant death, if it fails the check than 1/4 hp damage, or apply a debuff or something.

No need to make her a strictly a pvp hero

I think I'd like this, have it do alot of % based dmg on bosses at the end instead of instant (like 15%/20%)

I guess the issue comes from playing nice with bosses/elites that deal with debuffs in certain ways. It's most likely undispellble until the caster dies, so coding with bosses like Juvelee might be a nightmare (or not just make her immune to it I guess)

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I also think they need to give stun, silence, provoke, etc and this a secondary effect on elites and bosses.

Units should not be PVP only.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Smug red girl to go with smug blue girl. We're getting a smug green girl in a few months.
Since the game is on maint:

Does anyone else think they overload characters a bit too much, additionally ER and Effectiveness are borked?

Take Basar, if I run into a Lilias on Def, all I have to do is make my Basar slower, add immunity so Lilias doesn't push him back and they're screwed. If there's a Basar on defence the only sure fire way to win is to out speed (or fire units, lol). Which some might say is "easy" since you can run imprint on offence, which is cool, I suppose.

Does he really need a 30% CR reduction added on to his S3 when most teams are screwed once they're stripped and hit with unable to buff? They're open to Dizzy, AoE stuns, SSB, etc.

Why not just strip + push back? There's almost no recovering from strip, unable to be buffed and a CR reduction.

Same goes for SSB, with her damage output, why are the debuffs on her S3 at 100% and not like 75% being as detrimental as they are? This is more to do with the fact that Iela & Basar are pretty rampant atm.

You can't even get your healers high ER without shattering their speed, since ideally what you want for them is health, speed and then ER.

ER is too hard to come by without severely gimping your units. You need 150% to be completely immune to a debuff from a unit with 50% effectiveness.

It just feels like a dead stat. It basically has no value unless you're pushing 170%+ and most units can't attain that while still doing their job. Momo can achieve it and even then we've all experienced still being hit debuffs with 140%+ ER Momo's.

This is because many units get an effectiveness awakening, while so few get ER, it's not hard.

For other units, there's no discernible difference between having 0% ER and 60% ER.

I think the innate 15% to resist should be removed in PvP and maybe give all classes a base ER before their awakenings. This way everything is visible and not RNG when things are resisted, additionally people will be able to work with ER a little more.
If someone doesn't put any ER into a single unit, then yes that unit should be royally screwed. But right now there's no discernible difference between having 0% ER Vs 60% ER.

Still, the safest bet is to bring an immunity buffer.
I do think some units are way overloaded. SSB's kit is clearly busted because she does almost everything by herself. She's her own damage, debuffs, and mitigation. You could pull half her side skills away and she would still be better than a lot of the cast because of her s2. A 3* unit's signature skill is basically a footnote on ssb's list. SG does this on occasion with units like ssb and dizzy when they clearly want to punch you in the bookmarks, but they seem to have toned it down as of late, especially considering how the new ml5s have rather conservative kits.

ER and effectiveness does feel weird, but I feel like it might be the xcom rng effect at work. My Angie only has middling resist, but she does seem to resist her fair share of things despite it. But at the same time, my Fluri doesn't seem to debuff any more consistently even when I took her from 60% eff to 130% eff. And then of course, when I face someone it feels like they land their important stuff on me all the time. I'm actually surprised when Charles doesn't follow up on one of his S1s.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Got Luna in 8 summons, can now save my bookmarks for the vampire girl.

And Guild War gave me enough for a mystic..Maid Chloe.

Very good day.

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Last post here for a while because I'm being overly negative, but blew 5 mil, no S, no only got 1 skill that was usable at A.

And they expect you to fuse and fuse these pets to get two or more random effects at random ranks? Ugh. Oh. And you can fail synthesizing. I just fused two units and it didn't go up a generation.

I would just farm more W11 to get gold, but the pet food system is so backwards.

Just need a break from the game.Thankfully KOF is excellent and doesn't charge for auto repeat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.