• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
"Not everyone has Basar"

Until Wednesday that is.

80% of defense comps in Legend run Basar too, that's about to get so much worse in Champion and Challenger. He's nasty as a defensive opener with Sira Ren/Abyssal Crown there's just no way to defend against that except playing the game of chicken with speed, hope he misses, or bring an entire team of effect resistance but at that point the SSB's and ML Kens will torch you since you've dumped so many stats into ER. And if you don't kill him he then applies Attack Down/Hit Down the next turn.

People thought there was a problem with Dizzy, he's far far worse. On defense you now have to assume you'll be buff stripped, unbuffable applied, and pushed back.

I honestly hope it ushers in a red meta. Lilias is the main viable counter right now as she can cleanse, is the opposite color, and can CR push back the other way. But you'll still get run over if she's slow. I'm considering changing mine to be speedier, probably above 225 (only 194 now).

Last edited:

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't someone just bait Coli with Maya or whatever? I wonder how much damage Coli would do w/o soul burn.
I mean sure, you can bait Coli with Maya... but how do you plan to win? Charles is just gonna go ham on supports (if they're blue), you can't bring AOE cuz Charles, can't really bring ALots unless you're 260+ spd, it's not specifically a hard comp, but you just need very specific units and well geared ones to deal with it. Ruele is tanky as hell, with valor, 1.5k def 19k HP and 150 eff res, so focusing her means Charles and ML Coli teeing off on your team while you try to bring her down. She also has like 3 lives, since if she gets focused she will just boost herself up.

So you have ML Maya, a support that can't be blue or light, so Destina, and then 1 dps to deal with the rest of the team... and they can't get countered by Charles or they're dead.

I would bait with immunity G Purrgis but I'm not quite sure how I'd deal with Ruele because I wouldn't be able to bring Spez or J Kise. Probably bring Lilias and Cermia and try and nuke Ruele and then Charles.

First team I'd Basar strip, Baiken delete SSB, and if I were using Cermia for the second team I'd probably try and bring Lidica to CR manipulate Violet until Baiken could get in there to finish off.

Granted I'd probably lose both matches because Pelicano gear is so much better than mine.
Yeah, that's not a bad strategy for team 2. You won't kill Ruele on your first s3, so you'll have to be able to take a few attacks, but if you manage to stun Charles and Coli, you definitely have a chance.

Team 1 could definitely also work, just basically depends on if Violet dodges Basar s3. If he does you're kinda in trouble since he's 208 speed. Nobody in that comp can take a hit. It's a solid idea though.

also I don't mind basar since I have his hard counter aka ML Basar.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
also I don't mind basar since I have his hard counter aka ML Basar.

What's your plan for him? I have one. He could still be stunned/slept/silenced by a Sira Ren Basar which I see a lot now.

I'd basically have to get him sped back up so he acts first before my own Basar and right now Basar is my fastest unit.

I guess that would all work better on a bruiser comp and not a comp where you are trying to use your own Basar to set up a cleave.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean sure, you can bait Coli with Maya... but how do you plan to win? Charles is just gonna go ham on supports (if they're blue), you can't bring AOE cuz Charles, can't really bring ALots unless you're 260+ spd, it's not specifically a hard comp, but you just need very specific units and well geared ones to deal with it. Ruele is tanky as hell, with valor, 1.5k def 19k HP and 150 eff res, so focusing her means Charles and ML Coli teeing off on your team while you try to bring her down. She also has like 3 lives, since if she gets focused she will just boost herself up.

So you have ML Maya, a support that can't be blue or light, so Destina, and then 1 dps to deal with the rest of the team... and they can't get countered by Charles or they're dead.

Oh, I don't use Maya. I'd just use Ruele, A lots and Lilibet. Your Coli hits my Ruele, I lots into Lilibet, who s3 soul burns your Charles. Even though I LOVE Spez, Lilibet's s3 is still a bit better for the initial Lots fueled extinction kill.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's your plan for him? I have one. He could still be stunned/slept/silenced by a Sira Ren Basar which I see a lot now.

I'd basically have to get him sped back up so he acts first before my own Basar and right now Basar is my fastest unit.

I guess that would all work better on a bruiser comp and not a comp where you are trying to use your own Basar to set up a cleave.
I have him built. 150 eff res ML Basar to the rescue. Around 200 speed. Let the enemy basar go first always then you s3. As long as he doesn't get silenced or stunned, you basically win, since you invalidated an entire hero.

commish yeah I lose to that. can't defend against everything. Lilibets still aren't super prevalent so I'll take that L. I'm main castle for my guild now, so you better hope your Maya makes it to me and that everyone has that comp!

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I have him built. 150 eff res ML Basar to the rescue. Around 200 speed. Let the enemy basar go first always then you s3. As long as he doesn't get silenced or stunned, you basically win, since you invalidated

Immunity set or rely on the high eff res? But yeah the silence/stun is what scares me. Seems there is no escaping the RNG though. I had a relatively easy time getting to 9 last night and today, even against some of the same opponents, I'm getting RNG'd to hell with Dreamblades on A Vilds and and SSB's landing defense breaks with atk and hit down. Dropped from Legend V to Champ 2 mostly because of my own attack losses.

Mio

Oct 16, 2018

Am I the only one that uses with great success regular Fire Achates in Arena/GW?
Since most people think your healer will be blue and put people like Charles in defense, you can deal without issue that comp with something like:

Achates (Fire)
G.Purrgis/Maya/Whatever
ST dps to deal with Ruele/Charles (Lilibet? Cermia?)

Achates with Magahara tome can outheal and outspeed most other healers, plus she's invulnerable every other turn.

Image-from-i-OS-2.jpg

That 183 speed becomes basically 238 speed if you add the Magahara 30% CR bonus, since she will always cycle S2 on herself then S3 and so on.

And I bet you can build stronger Achates than mine.

Note that I basically have all the RGB characters, more than half of the ML ones and Achates is my most used GW/Arena healer due to the current meta.

I have been telling my guild to level/gear her (and I have been telling them to do so with Yuna) since her buff. Only recently some people stopped making fun of me using Yuna and started using her because they saw some high GW videos.

Really, don't sleep on her.

Last edited:

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Immunity set or rely on the high eff res? But yeah the silence/stun is what scares me. Seems there is no escaping the RNG though. I had a relatively easy time getting to 9 last night and today, even against some of the same opponents, I'm getting RNG'd to hell with Dreamblades on A Vilds and and SSB's landing defense breaks with atk and hit down. Dropped from Legend V to Champ 2 mostly because of my own attack losses.
Yeah high eff res only. If I get stunned I get stunned, but it almost never happens in GvG if they're running Basar. Not sure what arti they're running.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one that uses with great success regular Fire Achates in Arena/GW?
Since most people think your healer will be blue and put people like Charles in defense, you can deal without issue that comp with something like:

Achates (Fire)
G.Purrgis/Maya/Whatever
ST dps to deal with Ruele/Charles (Lilibet? Cermia?)

Achates with Magahara tome can outheal and outspeed most other healers, plus she's invulnerable every other turn.

Image-from-i-OS-2.jpg

That 183 speed becomes basically 238 speed if you add the Magahara 30% CR bonus, since she will always cycle S2 on herself then S3 and so on.

And I bet you can build stronger Achates than mine.

Note that I basically have all the RGB characters, more than half of the ML ones and Achates is my most used GW/Arena healer due to the current meta.

I have been telling my guild to level/gear her (and I have been telling them to do so with Yuna) since her buff. Only recently some people stopped making fun of me using Yuna and started using her because they saw some high GW videos.

Really, don't sleep on her.
Hmm, I'm gonna raise her then. I do need more non-blue supports and Hazel sucks for PVP.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Attack enemy team with Lilias using Basar: 99% chance of miss, get wiped because she cleanses the debuff and pushes your team back.
Attack enemy team with Basar using Lilias: Not only does his S3 land on all your fire heroes, at least 3/4 of your team eats an Abyssal Crown stun regardless of miss because fuck you.

really though I don't see a Basar banner changing anything. Lilias is everywhere. And the people with the gear to make him into a truly dominant force a) probably already have him and b) would beat you regardless.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If anyone uses Spez, try him with ML Crozet. Crozet's s1 SB being 100% chance to stun is just amazing and making my Spez fights much more consistent.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I built him Bc of your recommendation and you are very much right. Love him.
Ruele Charles and ML Crozet defending Ruele is a one way ticket to W-Ville. Haven't lost with that comp yet. She can tank everything with def buff + 40% damage reduction. If crozet dies, she just rezzes him and the damage mitigation continues

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
So just had a weird bug where I couldn't select any skills and I could only target the person in the back row. So I had to auto my first GW match, tried Arena and the bug was there too. Restarted fought in arena and it seemed to be fixed, jumped into GW again and the bug happened again.

Just wtf. I did auto my way to three draws lol against an ML Ken comp and a D.Corvus comp using Spez.

Will ML Crozet remain on banner or they swapping him out? I want to pull but I don't want ML Chloe.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Time for another choice for a 6 stars, which is a event for me, I spent 4 weeks building my fodders :-D
I already have Luna 6, Ken 5, Angelic Montmorancy 5, Yuna 5.
I hesitate between Ken and Montmo because I haven't finished the unrecorded history and maybe a stronger healer will help. Also, I've been playing with Ken for two months, from the start, and I'm bored and dream about a Vivian or Judge so maybe I'll bench him in the future.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
On the surface, it's just the words of a player indifferent to the struggles and complaints of others, but what if we were to look deeper and glean a hidden truth

Similar to how "The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step" should not be taken literally, consider what means to grind

Similar to how the journey person does not finish their travels after taking a single step, the players' grind should not be seen as an action with discrete beginning and end

Have you truly grinded if you haven't "gotten lucky"?

Maybe the usage of "get lucky" as an action instead of "be lucky" as a state of being is to signify that luck can only be obtained by one's hard effort

And the grind a journey on that path of obtaining the luck we want to achieve

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
On the surface, it's just the words of a player indifferent to the struggles and complaints of others, but what if we were to look deeper and glean a hidden truth

Similar to how "The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step" should not be taken literally, consider what means to grind

Similar to how the journey person does not finish their travels after taking a single step, the players' grind should not be seen as an action with discrete beginning and end

Maybe the usage of "get lucky" as an action instead of "be lucky" as a state of being is to signify that luck can only be obtained by one's hard effort

629453924847583232.png

Scum

Oct 25, 2017

conten.png

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hi all, looking for more tips on progression/levelling/promotions now that my roster is slightly less poverty. My list of characters include:

6* - SS Bellona, A.Ravi, Ravi, BB Karin, Achates
5* - Ludwig, Luna, Chloe, Ken, Lidica, Tywin, Haste, Yuna, Charles, Iseria, Baal&Sezan
4* - Serila, Rose, R. Carrot, A. Mont, Mascot Hazel, Judith, ML Rin, ML Maya, ML Silk, Angelica, Rin, Dominiel, Lots, Leo, Clarissa, Dingo, Schuri, Cidd, Karin, Corvus, Zerato, Armin
3* - Probably almost all of them, I just collect them and try to SSS them and transfer the rest

In terms of progression, I'm roughly around halfway done World difficulty, stuck on Abyss 61, Automaton roughly arond floor 75 usually and I barely cleared Azmakalis Normal last week. Also cobbled together a half-assed cleave team to get arena skystones but I doubt they'll last through anything past Master difficulty as they are. Any suggestions on who to 6* next, and which content I should tackle? It's probably just equipment hunting from hereon in but I don't really know where the best places to get stuff is. Is Azmakalis Hell worth going for or should I be able to clear some of this other stuff before going in? Thanks for whoever decides to help.

Also I dunno if any guilds are open but my guild is optimizing for guild wars and I'm pretty sure I ain't making the cut anytime soon so if a casual Era guild is open I'm willing to hop.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Involution A second healer like A. Mont or Angelica will make your raid runs safer also common to have two healers to tackle wyvern 11. Iseria is a good utility unit in general and could help in automation tower and Abyss.

Vinimaw only 6 star your healer if you plan to use them as a tank, but A mont does make a good tank for wyvern if your ready to go in that direction.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Involution A second healer like A. Mont or Angelica will make your raid runs safer also common to have two healers to tackle wyvern 11. Iseria is a good utility unit in general and could help in automation tower and Abyss.

Vinimaw only 6 star your healer if you plan to use them as a tank, but A mont does make a good tank for wyvern if your ready to go in that direction.
Speaking of A Mont and tanking, I decided to bring mine to a GW since I needed a water healer after Kayron and Lilias annihilated my tank angelica like she was an earth unit. With all the trouble she gives me with her effect resistance, I sure got a wakeup call with how paper thin I kept her defenses.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
When RNG just doesn't work in your favour.

Brought 3 water units vs a Fire Ken. He doesn't miss his first 3 attacks, kills my Luna and then S3s my Krau who I had at low health in order to nuke someone, gotta forfeit before I lose Krau. Lol.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the bugs are an iPhone thing from today's App Store update. Sucks I have to restart the app before I do any type of PvP battle. Already screwed a few GW and Arena matches because of it. Hope they fix that shit soon.

Sometimes I'm unable to select a level in adventure and have also been unable to change artifacts on characters. It's really bizarre.

Also holy shit this Spez comp is just unstoppable in Champion. I'll be back in Legend just naturally playing. Completely relegated J. Kise to the bench. I might completely change her gear to be a speedster.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks ! I saw some advices to promote a "farmer" to 6*, like Lorina (she's 3*). You guys think this a mandatory and really useful strategy ?
I'm mostly PVE.
Lorina farms just as fast as luna so no need to 6* her unless you like her. Check if you have Lena a 3* she can farm very fast and is easy to invest. If not Yuna seems to be your best option for speed farming but needs a lot invested in her.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Vinimaw It's easier and cost less resources and time to level up and skill up a nat 3* farmer like Lena than it is to level up and skill up a nat 5* like Yuna. If you read that doc Yuna you have to skill up her s1 + s3, she needs good gear and a limited artifact for her to fully reach her speed farming potential.

Last edited:

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Righ ! I've got her, but I don't really like her look (still important for me :p). But thanks for the info, I'll think about it, if she can speed the next 6* it might be a good strategy.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got to Abyss floor 90. Died so many times due to Tenebria's debuff and the CR push whenever she's damage, she pushes her allies up and then her target debuff which forces her minions to attack that hero. Don't have Dizzy. I have a Wondrous Potion Vial, but its not mlb. I see a lot of team comps running Angelica, Luna, Tama and Dizzy.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Would making a 6* A. Mont be better than Angelica for healing after skill tree? Or should I go and upgrade Angelica instead? She's more of a new acquisition. (unless making a healer 6* is only recommended for tanking purposes exclusively)

I'll get another fodder set ready for Iseria while I mull over healer options lol

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Would making a 6* A. Mont be better than Angelica for healing after skill tree? Or should I go and upgrade Angelica instead? She's more of a new acquisition. (unless making a healer 6* is only recommended for tanking purposes exclusively)

I'll get another fodder set ready for Iseria while I mull over healer options lol

Angelica has more raw healing power but she fails to cleanse which is extremely important. I run Montmo in all content besides Wyvern 11 where Angelica is my tank because just about every other piece of content debuffs you. Montmo has higher base effect resistance and with her skill tree she can make up for her lack of healing power with more turns.

Both are great, you can't really go wrong, but Montmo is more flexible. You might just have to run a two healer solution for W11 if you go the Montmo route which slows down your progress towards 3-unit teams for W11 but you seem very far away from doing that.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Angelica has more raw healing power but she fails to cleanse which is extremely important. I run Montmo in all content besides Wyvern 11 where Angelica is my tank because just about every other piece of content debuffs you. Montmo has higher base effect resistance and with her skill tree she can make up for her lack of healing power with more turns.

Both are great, you can't really go wrong, but Montmo is more flexible. You might just have to run a two healer solution for W11 if you go the Montmo route which slows down your progress towards 3-unit teams for W11 but you seem very far away from doing that.

So I should invest heavily in both since they're pretty good? I am indeed very far from 3 unit W11 since I've only cleared W10 lol.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
So I should invest heavily in both since they're pretty good? I am indeed very far from 3 unit W11 since I've only cleared W10 lol.

Since you are getting started I would pick one for now since you have other needs as well. Personally I'd go with Montmo. Giver her Speed Boots, an Effect Resist Ring, and Health necklace all Speed Set. Then try and stack as much health, defense, effect resist, and speed in the sub-stats as you can in that order. Ideally, towards end game, she'll end up around 150% Effect Resist after fully awoken and skill treed, with >15k HP, >170 speed, and >1.2k defense. Artifacts can be Rod of Ama, Magaraha's Tome, Shimadra's Staff in that order or Wonderous Potion Vial for something like Banshee where you need extra cleansing.

Oct 25, 2017
Team comp and stats pls

Honestly, none of these are that amazing. They are all pretty slow, Momo took a huge speed hit cuz I gave her boots to Tama.

The worst part of the fight for me was Aither/Meru/Ras. I kept getting stunned (excep momo) and missing turns, and Luna was the only one that could deal damage but shes so slow and he healed for 27k each time. Normally I have Angelica with Idol's cheer getting Luna more turns, but didnt have that option here.

The combination of Momo, Tama, and Lilias made spectral tenebria feel like nothing honestly. Debuffs never stuck around with 3 cleansing options.

And this is what a heart attack looks like
As9kSW6.png

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
It does look simple but it makes way more sense than the teams I have been trying to use. Honestly I have not looked into tenebrias mechanics since i tried 90 a couple of times some time back but I'm guessing using dizzy and ssb was a bad idea.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot how I was dealing with attack buffed SSBs before Basar, lol.

I used to try and blow her up with Baiken before she could move, you could probably one shot her with Yufine. But yeah, I'm super spoiled now, I just buff strip and then hit her with Dizzy and watch her hit like a wet noodle while I stun lock all the scary targets like ML Ken and A Vildreds.

Oct 25, 2017
It does look simple but it makes way more sense than the teams I have been trying to use. Honestly I have not looked into tenebrias mechanics since i tried 90 a couple of times some time back but I'm guessing using dizzy and ssb was a bad idea.
Specter Tenebria you want to not debuff, literally ever. So people using dizzy stop using s3 and use S2 only for that phase. SSB is a nonstarter

You pretty much need 2 healers, and momo and Tama are the best combination. Tama cuz Tama and momo cuz cleanse spam. Then you need a no debuff single target DD, Luna or Lorina are basically the only good choices. For the final slot, a tank is best. Lilias with aurius was amazing, extra cleanse and helped damage a lot while also randomly helping tama's cool down.

I've also heard people use Tama, momo, Luna, and lorina. Sounds riskier but much faster

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I love that my defense is actually hitting +20% win rate in Champion III right now. It was at basically 0% without Charles.

I just have to remember to put Sira Ren on Basar and it does even better. But I always forget to put Tag back on him when I go to attack lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.