• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Got spooked by a bunch of random artifacts, got Elena's artifact but no Elena. Don't really care enough to attempt to roll for more.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The game's not P2W, it's pay to gamble to have a better chance at acquiring stuff to win. A whale can grind hunt 11 endlessly, then not get a single well rolled piece of gear despite hard farming for a month. But it's silly to think having the ability to endlessly grind isn't an advantage in an RNG-heavy game, especially in regards to a game with PvP. The fact that some of the largest complaints right now tie to how resource-starved people are in a game that wants you to grind endlessly for good gear should be a testament to that.

Anyway, took over 100 pulls for Elena. At least it wasn't 121.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Pulled banner about 20 times, got artefact which seems maybe more useful than Elena herself for me at the moment. Between Monty and Angelica I'm not sure I have room for another blue healer, not to mention I have CArmin, Destina, SSAchates, Bingo warming the bench right now.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I haven't really been keeping up with the game updates. Can someone explain to me what those Ego gooey balls are for?

I'm also not sure if I'm doing world boss right or not, I just fill the slots and bonuses as best I can while maintaining as high a CP as possible across the teams, I get SSS then S or SS for left overs. My rewards though seem trash? 5000 gold x6? 20 lv1 runes? 🤔

I think I'm going to have to try and push for two raid bosses per week. I've been busy so I've lapsed a lot these past few weeks but I want to try and get some of those Lv88 gear from raid shop.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I haven't really been keeping up with the game updates. Can someone explain to me what those Ego gooey balls are for?

I'm also not sure if I'm doing world boss right or not, I just fill the slots and bonuses as best I can while maintaining as high a CP as possible across the teams, I get SSS then S or SS for left overs. My rewards though seem trash? 5000 gold x6? 20 lv1 runes? 🤔

I think I'm going to have to try and push for two raid bosses per week. I've been busy so I've lapsed a lot these past few weeks but I want to try and get some of those Lv88 gear from raid shop.

Imprint system was updated to let you change it to a self-buff instead of a party bonus. Need to unlock it per character using ego frags.

World boss rewards are mostly trash at low end (some mid end too), but they're being reworked. Basically yeah just try to meet the missions and get a high bonus with high cp.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Got to pity to get Elena and got her artifact along the way, not great, but lately I'm rolling for anything, don't care about utility anymore ...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I hear Elena's similar to C. Armin, and C. Armin's decent in PvE, which is why I pulled. Might literally take a year until I actually take her out from the box because of how slow the gear grind is, but at least she's there.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got her on my second pull. She can join the 20+ characters that I can't use because of how equipment works.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Is 6 star the max? And is there a good method to actually get 6 star characters?

Assuming I did the math right you need 25 4 Star characters (Assuming 5 of those are 4 stars you promote).

Which seems like a lot for just one character.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
World arena looks cool, I really like the selection process and the fact that they banned GG units.

I don't want matches to take forever so hopefully the turn timer gets reduced to something low like 15 seconds.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
That's what I thought.
At first it is very long to promote a 6* but when you have one or two good units, you can farm with 2 (or 3) fodders. For example I farm the story event mission in 3rd difficulty and level up very fast my fodders.
It took me 4 weeks to get my first 6 stars and now it's 1 week. I only just need energy though :-D
Then you drop 3* phantasmas (even 4* in some stores).

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
At first it is very long to promote a 6* but when you have one or two good units, you can farm with 2 (or 3) fodders. For example I farm the story event mission in 3rd difficulty and level up very fast my fodders.
It took me 4 weeks to get my first 6 stars and now it's 1 week. I only just need energy though :-D
Then you drop 3* phantasmas (even 4* in some stores).

I guess I wonder who I should promote to 6 stars first.

Currently my only 5 Stars are:

Ras
Sigret
Researcher Carrot
Karin
Montmorancy (Not Angelic)

I'd say Sigret is my strongest currently.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I wonder who I should promote to 6 stars first.

Currently my only 5 Stars are:

Ras
Sigret
Researcher Carrot
Karin
Montmorancy (Not Angelic)

I'd say Sigret is my strongest currently.

Sigret and Ras are fine but taper off towards end game. Karin is great for Wyvern hunts and generally pretty good. Angelic Montmo (if you do her skill change) is one of the premier healers in the game, but it is often suggested to 6* a DPS unit first before your healer to help with the farming to get more 6* faster. I'd go Researcher Carrot or Karin. Other good 6* that you might have as 3* now are Falconer Kluri (Specialty Change) or Commander Lorina (from connection quest and specialty change) which don't need their specialty changes until later in the game and can be good units now.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
RTA looks pretty good. Baiken is my best unit so that sucks a little but might be worth it to have no Dizzy. Still hoping they fix up gearing issues so I can actually have more than a handful of units to use in it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Sigret and Ras are fine but taper off towards end game. Karin is great for Wyvern hunts and generally pretty good. Angelic Montmo (if you do her skill change) is one of the premier healers in the game, but it is often suggested to 6* a DPS unit first before your healer to help with the farming to get more 6* faster. I'd go Researcher Carrot or Karin. Other good 6* that you might have as 3* now are Falconer Kluri (Specialty Change) or Commander Lorina (from connection quest and specialty change) which don't need their specialty changes until later in the game and can be good units now.

Hm... I'll go either Carrot or Karin like you say. Might go Carrot cause she's my favorite haha.

I am slowly working on the Specialty change for Montmo and will look to eventually do Kluri's and Lorina's. (Can you do multiple specialty changes at the same time?)

Also I believe some mentioned it but is Helga supposed to be getting a Specialty at some point?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Hm... I'll go either Carrot or Karin like you say. Might go Carrot cause she's my favorite haha.

I am slowly working on the Specialty change for Montmo and will look to eventually do Kluri's and Lorina's. (Can you do multiple specialty changes at the same time?)

Also I believe some mentioned it but is Helga supposed to be getting a Specialty at some point?

It's been rumored for a long time but she keeps getting passed up. You can have 2 specialty changes running at a time. Commander Lorina's is by far the longest just by the sheer number of urgent missions you have to do for it while Kluri's is long but something you do naturally (level 5 phantasmas to 5*). I never did Commander Lorina's but you seem to lack a really good end-game single target DPS (Sigret is fine for now) and she fills a role in lot of F2P guides (along with Fluri) for beating all the PvE content.

In the end level the units you like so you enjoy the game. Many units do Commander Lorina and Fluri's job just as well, they are just harder to get, but you'll fill out those types of rolls naturally as you play and 5* banners re-run.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It's been rumored for a long time but she keeps getting passed up. You can have 2 specialty changes running at a time. Commander Lorina's is by far the longest just by the sheer number of urgent missions you have to do for it while Kluri's is long but something you do naturally (level 5 phantasmas to 5*). I never did Commander Lorina's but you seem to lack a really good end-game single target DPS (Sigret is fine for now) and she fills a role in lot of F2P guides (along with Fluri) for beating all the PvE content.

In the end level the units you like so you enjoy the game.

When I get a chance I could list what other characters I have. At work currently so I don't have the ability to take a look.

Oct 25, 2017
Lorina is just super nice to have available as she solves the single target DD role for 100% of all content you want a single target DD for, since she has no elemental disadvantages

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RTA looks interesting. But having no reward for it seems a bit odd. How bad is it if they arent even giving world boss dogshit levels of reward.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Commander Lorina is one of the premier single target DPSes in the game.

Her SC is bullshit, but once completed if you are fighting a boss you don't want to debuff she is one of the best that can do it. Her CR bonuses and pushes on her S3 make her great at delaying turns as well, coupled with a CR pusher or delayer.

I would argue she is better than Luna.
Just leave her SC open while you do others.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Elena impressions have been interesting so far. The fact that her S2 proc's Tome can make her insert herself in between C.Dom cleaves if you build her fast enough, beware Chopchop. Doubt we'll see it as a consistent strategy but I imagine it'd trip up a few cleave teams.

Not enough to turn me, but nice to know how she might be used.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
So... this is an interesting situation:

iieozm5wot241.png

They used Battle Chaser's background in their showing on stream.

Now obviously this was meant to be a temporary internal build only thing but someone screwed up and forgot to remove it before streaming.

Artist also confirmed that they didn't have permission to use:

Dunno how this is going to play out. Considering they already have pictures showing how the final version of the lobby looks in english, which is different, this was clearly just a mistake.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
It isn't a big deal, developers use placeholder assets all the time. If it isn't in the final product there is no ramification here.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Elena impressions have been interesting so far. The fact that her S2 proc's Tome can make her insert herself in between C.Dom cleaves if you build her fast enough, beware Chopchop. Doubt we'll see it as a consistent strategy but I imagine it'd trip up a few cleave teams.

Not enough to turn me, but nice to know how she might be used.
Thanks for the heads up. Yet another wrench in the whole celeste + cdom thing lol :(

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
If her damn heal had no cooldown on it, I'd actually pull her.

But 2-turn cooldown means it'll proc on Basar and then be useless when the actual cleaver hits. Pointless. Plus her damage reduction is literally the same as Crimson Armin (for AoEs and not crits, but functionally the same end result) who I already have on my team, and I'd have to run her alongside an Aurius tank since she can't wear it.

Needless to say, I am pretty severely underwhelmed. Cleave is a huge fuckin' problem with this game and having a healer who could actually counter it would be great, but they continue to play it way too damn safe and render these units ineffectual at their damn jobs.

hi Laiza, miss you on Discord!

I think her heals just aren't the focus of her kit. She's all about mitigating incoming damage and debuffs. On a counter set she becomes a bit of an alternate ML Zerato, cleansing two allies instead of transfering debuffs to two enemies. The problem I have with her is her S3. It leaves too many turns without invulnerability and resist buff, the resist isn't big enough to matter much, and when you'd want to use the S3 (on her first turn), everyone has likely been buff blocked by Basar or SSB. They should really add an extra turn to the S1 soulburn so you can cleanse and then apply invincibility.

She has got potential, and might fare better with a CD reduction ally like Captain Rikoris or Rima, but her kit needs some alterations. I'm still going to try to use her though.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao the Real time Arena is about to be crazy if they don't rework how getting the stuff works, especially with the whole "You can't take the same character" thing.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, ML Lidica's stock just rose A TON for Real Time Arena with Baiken disabled. Having CR pushing capability while also providing other utility/damage is hugely important now since bringing a dedicated Roozid/Judith or such is almost a dead concept. That and you have to have multiple in case one gets banned. I think Destina becomes a top tier unit again and A. Ravi/DJ Basar find a huge role.

Will be interesting how a tier list shakes out for RTA.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Is using Roozid/Judith/etc such a dated concept? I still see it in arena pretty often, and I'd use A.Lots more as a dedicated opener if mine was faster.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I see a fair bit of Roozid/Judith teams. I love fighting them. If there's no speed imprint units with them I usually just bring A Coli and maybe my SSS Watcher Schuri. If there's a Vildred or it's all earth units, ML Ceci shield's usually tanks everything for me, then I have Ken/Sol/Ravi slowly slaughter them.

Celeste teams still fuck me up though.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That English stream didn't announce anything different from the Korean stream besides emojis. Not many of us are awaiting RTA due to no rewards and not able to fight your friends or guildies from launch. Gave E7 a 1* review and hoping it goes below 3 very soon.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Expected nothing.

Got nothing.

Just like every patch.

Epic 3.2.

Yep, community managers that can do nothing but forward feedback like Celia did back in the day which resulted in no changes back then so I'm not expecting any meaningful changes from this.

I think the review bombing caught their attention for sure but the core of this game isn't changing any. They'll make the new systems less harsh, give some apology freebies, and carry on as normal.

I knew what I was getting into when I started the game so I'm not really one of the ones to complain about gear drops/currency, all in all I think the game is pretty generous for F2P users, but if RTA is a bust and they continue to lag on end game PvE content I'm not sure how much longer it'll hold my interest.

But I am hopeful RTA is good and once it's released they refocus on PvE.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Having been barely playing lately I've all but stopped hunts and while I had a stock pile of potential equips to level up before I'm running dry in a few slots now and most of the pieces were the usual waste of time and resources. Feels like progress has slowed right down. Pulling multiple 5*s I also stopped my wolves to level them to 50, that was a mistake.

Imprint system was updated to let you change it to a self-buff instead of a party bonus. Need to unlock it per character using ego frags.

World boss rewards are mostly trash at low end (some mid end too), but they're being reworked. Basically yeah just try to meet the missions and get a high bonus with high cp.
Thanks. I see Ken's self buff is HP... :D

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I see a fair bit of Roozid/Judith teams. I love fighting them. If there's no speed imprint units with them I usually just bring A Coli and maybe my SSS Watcher Schuri. If there's a Vildred or it's all earth units, ML Ceci shield's usually tanks everything for me, then I have Ken/Sol/Ravi slowly slaughter them.

What Celeste teams do you see in Arena/GW? I use a Celeste + Cdom setup myself sometimes, but I've been using it less and less because of how many ways it can get screwed over by CR pushers that work by getting hit, counterattack units like Charles/ML Ken, and so on. I've been considering shelving the combo entirely and moving Celeste's gear to AColi instead. I like Celeste and she's put in great work for me, so I'd love to find more use for her.

I usually bring Celeste+CDom to challenge Roozid/Judith teams. Celeste is usually faster and it works out fine. One of the reasons I like Celeste is because she's so naturally fast that I don't have to try to outgear my opponent, since I generally go into any PvP fight assuming that I'm outgeared.

It's the tanky counter teams that bother me.

I knew what I was getting into when I started the game so I'm not really one of the ones to complain about gear drops/currency, all in all I think the game is pretty generous for F2P users, but if RTA is a bust and they continue to lag on end game PvE content I'm not sure how much longer it'll hold my interest.
Yeah, I've been growing lukewarm about hte game lately too. Some days I just run the dailies and then log off.

The one thing left that holds my interest is trying to figure out how to make units that I like work, rather than following and building meta units.

Last edited:

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Is using Roozid/Judith/etc such a dated concept? I still see it in arena pretty often, and I'd use A.Lots more as a dedicated opener if mine was faster.

Congrats on beating RGB 3 stars with ML 4 stars. Yeah don't see why everyone doesn't use ML 4 stars

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Lol player survey to decide the final banner of the year.
Tama, Bellona, Kise, Tywin, or Diene.
Hmmmm I wonder who's gonna win this one???

Status
Not open for further replies.