• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I selfishly hope its Tywin or Kise. But it will almost certainly be Diene. Which makes sense as shes limited.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
At least this means we won't get a rerun of the Diene event. Maybe we'll get something new. Maybe....

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually probably pass on a Diene. Not even sure I'd take Bellona.

She's really that good ? Better than a well upgraded Angelic Montmo ?

Really different use cases IMO, she was huge in the early Arena meta but has mostly fallen off due to all the buff strippers. Her attack buff and crit damage shield are really nice and her S2 does dispel a buff but she can't cycle cleansing as fast as Montmo.

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Lol this new side story is hilariously thin. I'm getting FEH story vibes.

Elena: *acts like a naive idiot*
Random baddies: lol you're a naive idiot.
Elena: :(
Random good guys: But some people still like you.
Elena: :D

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Lol this new side story is hilariously thin. I'm getting FEH story vibes.

Elena: *acts like a naive idiot*
Random baddies: lol you're a naive idiot.
Elena: :(
Random good guys: But some people still like you.
Elena: :D

It was really really bad. Only like what 3 or 4 levels even had dialog? It's super low effort. I just don't know what they are doing with their PvE content. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that when SC merged with SG half the SC team left and now SG just has interns copy pasting side stories lol.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It also felt like some parts of the dialogue were missing as it would move from one sentence to the next and several times I'd think "Wait did I miss something?"

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
What Celeste teams do you see in Arena/GW? I use a Celeste + Cdom setup myself sometimes, but I've been using it less and less because of how many ways it can get screwed over by CR pushers that work by getting hit, counterattack units like Charles/ML Ken, and so on. I've been considering shelving the combo entirely and moving Celeste's gear to AColi instead. I like Celeste and she's put in great work for me, so I'd love to find more use for her.

I usually bring Celeste+CDom to challenge Roozid/Judith teams. Celeste is usually faster and it works out fine. One of the reasons I like Celeste is because she's so naturally fast that I don't have to try to outgear my opponent, since I generally go into any PvP fight assuming that I'm outgeared.

It's the tanky counter teams that bother me.
I rarely encounter them but I believe it is the Celeste/Cdom teams. I don't use counter units or idol's cheer that much, and there's usually a more important target to focus on that I have to spend my resources on, then end up getting picked apart by C Dom.

Congrats on beating RGB 3 stars with ML 4 stars. Yeah don't see why everyone doesn't use ML 4 stars
Okay? I don't get your logic. There's 3 other units on a team.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Diene is still pretty strong even in this meta due to her ability to cycle turns extremely fast. With enough speed and Magahara's she'll run circles around most buff strippers. Iela Violin Dizzy will still overwhelm her but that's just because Dizzy is an obscenely stupidly overpowered piece of shit outlier and fuck her entire existence she deserves to be deleted ahem.

Also you can use her in GW to force the opponent to consider bringing a buff stripper which can often mean forcing them to sacrifice something else really important to include such a character. On a team with, say, Kayron on it that means taking a massive gamble if their only buff stripper is Basar....

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
If Diene wins...when would she come back ?
Thought my e7 break would be longer but i might setup something new before that Diene banner.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand, wasn't Diene always supposed to come back anyway? Why should people have to vote for it to happen? I remember it being stated in the earlier part of this year that both Luna (already happened) and Diene would be getting re-runs before the end of the year.

She'll win the voting poll anyway, it just seems strange to me.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Should I just use counter units on defense?

Because I took my counter Destina into GW today and she never fucking countered.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Diene is winning the poll by a huge margin. Pretty sure its rigged. Kise and Tama followed closely by Tywin. Voted multiple times for Diene anyway lol.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It's been rumored for a long time but she keeps getting passed up. You can have 2 specialty changes running at a time. Commander Lorina's is by far the longest just by the sheer number of urgent missions you have to do for it while Kluri's is long but something you do naturally (level 5 phantasmas to 5*). I never did Commander Lorina's but you seem to lack a really good end-game single target DPS (Sigret is fine for now) and she fills a role in lot of F2P guides (along with Fluri) for beating all the PvE content.

In the end level the units you like so you enjoy the game. Many units do Commander Lorina and Fluri's job just as well, they are just harder to get, but you'll fill out those types of rolls naturally as you play and 5* banners re-run.

Sorry to quote you again but just in the off chance you can give some advice, I compiled a list of all my characters.

5 star characters
--------------
Sigret
Karin
Resarcher Carrot
Montmo
Ras
Elena

4 star characters
---------------
Serila
Kiris
Troublemaker Crozet
Surin
Romann
Dominiel
Purrgis
Clarissa
Dingo
Achates
Cartuja
Mercedes
Helga

3 star characters
----------------
Hataan
Pearlhorizon
Mistychan
Carmainerose
Wanda
Rima
Nemunas
Elson
Jecht
Jena
Adlay
Hazel
Lorina
Mucacha
Enott
Tieria
Roozid
Alexa
Judith
Kluri
Butcher Corps Inquisitor
Aither

I will say in terms of Montmo I'm getting close to completing her specialty. Just need 400 or so AP left.

Hakunon

Oct 11, 2018
Got a good piece of equipment and the first elemental bookmark from the boss. Can't wait to roll in 2 years.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Finnally pulled ML LIdica!! On pity, but w/e. Dunno how much gold it took but I started the banner with 151 pulls left and about 27,000 skystones. I now have 6,000 skystones and am Epic 7 broke lol. It does show it can be done and I didn't hamper my ability to go pity on Elena or Diene, haven't decided if I want either though.

Sorry to quote you again but just in the off chance you can give some advice, I compiled a list of all my characters.

5 star characters
--------------
Sigret
Karin
Resarcher Carrot
Montmo
Ras
Elena

4 star characters
---------------
Serila
Kiris
Troublemaker Crozet
Surin
Romann
Dominiel
Purrgis
Clarissa
Dingo
Achates
Cartuja
Mercedes
Helga

3 star characters
----------------
Hataan
Pearlhorizon
Mistychan
Carmainerose
Wanda
Rima
Nemunas
Elson
Jecht
Jena
Adlay
Hazel
Lorina
Mucacha
Enott
Tieria
Roozid
Alexa
Judith
Kluri
Butcher Corps Inquisitor
Aither

I will say in terms of Montmo I'm getting close to completing her specialty. Just need 400 or so AP left.

I think my advice stands. Montmo will be your healer moving forward and you could even use Elena as a second healer/support in harder Abyss levels. I'd have as much HP, Speed, and Effect Resist as possible on her and probably put her on your front position. I used two healers for a while and Elena could remain at 5* and be effective in a side slot support role. But I'd focus on a DPS first and Researcher Carrot fits that plus you like her. That'll help you farm and get moving on other characters first.

It all depends on what you want to do. Out of your list the notables are (and ironically most have SC):
Troublemaker Crozet - Really good unit in PvP, not sure how he shakes out in PvE but I imagine he's a great tank
Hazel - Great in her SC form for Golem Hunts but not much else (gets outclassed by Tammarinne)
Kluri- Fantastic in her SC form in all content
Roozid- Fantastic in lower PvP after SC and full SSS imprint
Lorina- Fantastic in all PvE content
Karin- Fantastic in Wyvern hunts but not too much else (Others like Luna maybe do the job better but she's what you have)
Kiris- Can be used to cheese a lot of PvE content like Abyss since her Poison scales with enemy HP (don't need to 6* to use)
Purrgis- Sneaky good in PvP

After Researcher Carrot and Montmo in rough priority - Lorina, Kluri, Karin, TM Crozet

That'll change as you get different units so keep us updated. I think you'll find that by the time you finish off Research Carrot, Montmo, and Lorina you'll have a wealth of new options.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Finnally pulled ML LIdica!! On pity, but w/e. Dunno how much gold it took but I started the banner with 151 pulls left and about 27,000 skystones. I now have 6,000 skystones and am Epic 7 broke lol. It does show it can be done and I didn't hamper my ability to go pity on Elena or Diene, haven't decided if I want either though.

I think my advice stands. Montmo will be your healer moving forward and you could even use Elena as a second healer/support in harder Abyss levels. I'd have as much HP, Speed, and Effect Resist as possible on her and probably put her on your front position. I used two healers for a while and Elena could remain at 5* and be effective in a side slot support role. But I'd focus on a DPS first and Researcher Carrot fits that plus you like her. That'll help you farm and get moving on other characters first.

It all depends on what you want to do. Out of your list the notables are (and ironically most have SC):
Troublemaker Crozet - Really good unit in PvP, not sure how he shakes out in PvE but I imagine he's a great tank
Hazel - Great in her SC form for Golem Hunts but not much else (gets outclassed by Tammarinne)
Kluri- Fantastic in her SC form in all content
Roozid- Fantastic in lower PvP after SC and full SSS imprint
Lorina- Fantastic in all PvE content
Karin- Fantastic in Wyvern hunts but not too much else (Others like Luna maybe do the job better but she's what you have)
Kiris- Can be used to cheese a lot of PvE content like Abyss since her Poison scales with enemy HP (don't need to 6* to use)
Purrgis- Sneaky good in PvP

After Researcher Carrot and Montmo in rough priority - Lorina, Kluri, Karin, TM Crozet

That'll change as you get different units so keep us updated. I think you'll find that by the time you finish off Research Carrot, Montmo, and Lorina you'll have a wealth of new options.

Thanks for all that advice.

I guess the only other question I have is that should I just keep progressing in the main story? I'm still in the first area of the second continent.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
It's for the final banner of the year so I'd guess after Elena's banner ends on the 18th.
Thanks, that makes sense !!
I was thinking maybe rerolling when Diene hits....but i figured it makes more sense to start the account already and save up some Bookmarks/Stones and get lucky on the Diene banner.

Started with Ken/Mont - its a good start though i obv. missing a great farming unit....maybe down the line ill pull Clarissa/Vildred.

Edit:

Any (Global) ERA players i can add that can solo 10-10 ? Or whatever the final Season 1 Story stage is...im not there yet but i would like to get there fast and hit the current story/content soon again. PM your boy.

Last edited:

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
Tu9fDNvr.jpg

who said hell isn't real

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all that advice.

I guess the only other question I have is that should I just keep progressing in the main story? I'm still in the first area of the second continent.

No harm in that, there is good loot in the labyrinth style levels and the AP shops have good pieces of gear on the second continent.

But after clearing 10-10 you can start to branch out into other activities like Abyss that's has good loot and the actual Labyrinths that have good loot as well. Gearing up units to then progress through hunts is basically the progression at this point. It may be a little early for you to hit the side stories to clear out those shops without grinding your eyes out but it's definitely worth to clear the levels once.

Unrecorded History is also fun content to clear that'll be a bit more challenging than the second continent.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It took me all day to do and so much grinding but I managed to get my Researcher Carrot to 6 star. :D

There isn't 7 star... right?

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
I feel like high level PvP turns into a who can deal the most damage on their off turn fest.

---

Using A. Ravi Vs cleaves is very fun even at +0.

I can see why SG wouldn't want to rush and buff her, but the trade of for making her survivable and keeping her damage respectable seems REALLY harsh.

I've got mine at about 180+ ER and Dizzy still has a field day landing debuffs. At this point she's hit like a wet noodle on anyone except cleave teams. If you increase her damage output she takes debuffs to the face. Teams without a healer take way too long to penetrate and if there's a F.cece... just forget it.

I'm probably a bit premature commenting on her damage since she has no mola but as of right now as long as there's an Aurius holder she's unusable. BBK is also impossible for her to deal with due to the regen and speed gain at low hp.

I'm hesitant to +15 her because the Molagora chokehold still sucks ass and I don't wanna waste the investment. I'd rather +15 Kayron at the moment even with the rampant SSBs, honestly.

I know you're supposed to use characters "where applicable" but every other team in arena at the moment is some variation of

F. CeCe, A. Vil, Charles, Ruele, SSB, Maid Chloe & Basar.

And none of the bold will ever be addressed, not even shield strength or damage number tweaks. Luckily Basar is also broken AS FUCK so he handles those teams nicely. If I didn't have him I honestly don't think I'd even touch arena at the moment since I'd be skipping page after page.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man getting the 800 points for Angelic Montomorancy is the worst. The fact that at minimum (assuming you don't get double AP from your pet), you need to do 200 runs in the area is crazy. Why is it that Area 1 gives only 4 AP while other areas give 8? At least I believe some give 8.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
yeah he can, I forgot how low level that content was, just checked out of curiousity
Worked out fine - ended up pulling Wanda...not the best but at least no Elson dupe lol.
Man getting the 800 points for Angelic Montomorancy is the worst. The fact that at minimum (assuming you don't get double AP from your pet), you need to do 200 runs in the area is crazy. Why is it that Area 1 gives only 4 AP while other areas give 8? At least I believe some give 8.
The number of AP points is always the same - 4 in normal and 8 on the higher difficulty stage.

The farming for A.Mont isn't even that bad since you can get pretty much everything you need from a single stage/source.

Keep it up - it's worth it.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
And none of the bold will ever be addressed, not even shield strength or damage number tweaks. Luckily Basar is also broken AS FUCK so he handles those teams nicely. If I didn't have him I honestly don't think I'd even touch arena at the moment since I'd be skipping page after page.

If you don't have A. Lots and run a double cleave on offense (what 90% of my losses are, the other 10% being tank teams) there's just no option other than Basar or to play 10 minute matches with tank teams. I run A LOT of variations in my offense in Champion; Spez, G Purrgis, Dizzy, DJ Basar, Champ Zerato, A. Ravi, Baiken, SSB, Angelica, etc but they ALL have Basar in them.

The number of buffs a defensive team can run makes it absolutely necessary to apply unbuffable or you are in a 10 minute slugfest.

I'm also not sure I'd keep playing without Spez too, basically every team as at least one Revive mechanic be it A. Vildred, M Chloe, or Ruele. I need to build Lilibet back up to have more options but the Arena meta is starting to get boring again for me.

This is all from a Champ 1-3 perspective which is what I float around just burning my natural flags.

As far as A. Ravi goes. She does need to have a lot of support, she's not totally self sustaining unless you have ridiculous gear (which I've seen). But once she gets going she's really fun.

Welcome to Epic Seven lol. Find a stage that has catalysts you need and just work on it over time.

Last edited:

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Game is now 3.1 on the Play Store and SG still hasn't come up with a sensible response. If they're waiting till Wednesday them statements had better have a lot of changes in them otherwise the game will be dead.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Depends if she is going to be your tank or on your raid/abyss/pvp teams do it, otherwise she can wait.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Decided my Basar was in no mans land with 236 speed so moved over the better speed gear to Faithless Lidica. He's down to 220 now which is still enough to clear Kraus/F Cecis/etc and be useful in GW. Was getting outsped by pretty much every other Basar in high champ, so w/e.

Torn on whether I want to move over my Effectiveness ring since I still have him on my D but on offense I'm always soulburning him anyway.

Here's my Faithless Lidica. Hoping to replace some pieces with this new Arena gear and get her effectiveness up.

7UmFItO.jpg

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
Game is now 3.1 on the Play Store and SG still hasn't come up with a sensible response. If they're waiting till Wednesday them statements had better have a lot of changes in them otherwise the game will be dead.
It made almost 3 million dollars in the US alone last month, the game isn't going anywhere lol

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
It made almost 3 million dollars in the US alone last month, the game isn't going anywhere lol

It doesn't matter what they made last month. With such a low rating their chances of earning new revenue from new players is near null, especially since the outrage is still ongoing.

Veteran players, who are most likely the most pee'd off at the most recent update are falling off, further hurting their income.

Obviously it's not going to be instant, but things are definitely rocky at the moment, and all they really need to do is just....comment better than they did the last time.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I now have Angelic Montmorancy! :D

So, should I focus on getting her 6 star next?
I'd focus on gearing her and doing her rune skill tree first. SC characters have an additional upgrade skill tree that's found in the Awakening menu, and A.Momo's real strengths come from that tree. Her main benefit is in her ability to cycle her skills incredibly quickly once she has 100% effectiveness resist or higher.

She's plenty useful at 5*, so I think you can hold off on 6-starring her until you start taking on harder content like queen raid/hell raid, or using her as a tank for W11.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'd focus on gearing her and doing her rune skill tree first. SC characters have an additional upgrade skill tree that's found in the Awakening menu, and A.Momo's real strengths come from that tree. Her main benefit is in her ability to cycle her skills incredibly quickly once she has 100% effectiveness resist or higher.

She's plenty useful at 5*, so I think you can hold off on 6-starring her until you start taking on harder content like queen raid/hell raid, or using her as a tank for W11.

Cool. Will focus on that. Not that I could afford another 6 star anyway haha. I had not been paying attention to how much I was spending getting Resarcher Carrot to 6 star and then gearing her out, now I am a poor man.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a few elemental BM from boss, a mola
It doesn't matter what they made last month. With such a low rating their chances of earning new revenue from new players is near null, especially since the outrage is still ongoing.

Veteran players, who are most likely the most pee'd off at the most recent update are falling off, further hurting their income.

Obviously it's not going to be instant, but things are definitely rocky at the moment, and all they really need to do is just....comment better than they did the last time.
They just need to stop with the dumb bullshit. Make a stamina refill actually refill all energy. Give us a gold dungeon. Make pets auto loot and not require a snack. So much low hanging fruit. The community's requests are so damn basic and easy. Can't believe it's come to this.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone in the guild bought the necklace, everyone rolled Effect Resistance. Just another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.