• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Can you actually somehow make out which color it is, or is it guess work every time? Serious queston.

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
My only criticism of the side story is Bask has no voice lines in combat. I hope in future updates they give him some, he's just a silent character in battle compared to the others which is a shame.

Wonder if this is a bug? Curious what will happen when I get him to lvl 3 friendship and can directly access the voice lines. I'm playing with Enlgish voices fwiw. Not sure if he is silent in other languages too.

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, so a bug then. That or they didn't record English lines on purpose. That seems like a strange choice to make though, so I'm going to assume bug for now.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Ah, so a bug then. That or they didn't record English lines on purpose. That seems like a strange choice to make though, so I'm going to assume bug for now.

Could also be that they skipped it due to time pressure. Voice recording takes time. If you want to releases worldwide at the same time, you'd have to plan in a "delay" for the source language so the target language can catch up in work done for the character. In my experience that's not a thing devs like to do for live games.
If that's the case than this doesn't bode well for voice lines for new characters going forward, lol.
Let's see if they end up patching something in.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Girls' Frontline has patched in voices after a character has released, so it's definitely possible.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn missed that new banner, not the end of the world but a tad irritating.

The thing is, the longer they wait to rip off that bandaid, the worse it'll be - seriously 90% of teams I see have this character or are built in a way that she's only been replaced by someone with a similar role.

If they do nerf her, and havent they only said they were nerfing defence heavy stuff?, it's only going to get worse because only people who whale/get lucky will be able to compete. The reason she, or a better version of her, are on every team is due to how the games combat mechanics work.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Is there a SEA server for Epic Seven and are they on a different release than global? I ask because I'm watching a video on Youtube and this person was playing in English but had a banner for Luna (went from 11-8 - 11-21). We definitely didn't get that on Global

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a SEA server for Epic Seven and are they on a different release than global? I ask because I'm watching a video on Youtube and this person was playing in English but had a banner for Luna (went from 11-8 - 11-21). We definitely didn't get that on Global
The banners are different, but the content and events are all the same. For example, we're getting a Krau banner, where KR server won't likely get it because they already got it. However, all servers got the Diene banner yesterday because she's a new character. Non-KR servers are on catchup mode when it comes to banners.

In 2-3 months I'm pretty sure all servers will get all the same banners at the same time.

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
Sorry to ask this again, but is there an "official" Era guild? I'd like to contribute to this community if I can :)

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
There are several, free spot in Overflow if you want to join, just apply in game or post your in-game name and I'll invite

Adhrast2 :)
I just left the random guild I was in though, so I can only enter a new one 24 hours from now, I just discovered that :/
Hope tomorrow there's still a free spot. I'm rank 37 and my main supporters are 5* Ravi, 5* Vildred, 5* Lorina, 5* Bask.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Beat the story mode and got hosed on two galaxy pulls, three star life.

Edit: apparently the 3 star tank Phyllis is good?

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
I think one of her attacks boosts her defense every time she attacks? I wanted her after I played against her in a story mission.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I think one of her attacks boosts her defense every time she attacks? I wanted her after I played against her in a story mission.

It's a passive and boosts defense when attacked. Her attack can provoke and her skill 3 attacks and casts barrier on all allies when awakened. I don't need a tank though, so I'm still booing getting two three stars.

Lorina has been great , her and Fire Ken worked well to clear the last chapters but I did rely on Destina on the last few bosses. I'm iffy on Zerato and only use him when a blue mage is needed but the last few maps had some reds and I lack blues.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
The banners are different, but the content and events are all the same. For example, we're getting a Krau banner, where KR server won't likely get it because they already got it. However, all servers got the Diene banner yesterday because she's a new character. Non-KR servers are on catchup mode when it comes to banners.

In 2-3 months I'm pretty sure all servers will get all the same banners at the same time.

I mean I know that global and Korea aren't on the same schedule/rotation which makes sense given global just launched and Korea has been out for a while. Though I don't even know why I made that post when I could have just opened the game on my phone and check smh. So to answer my own question, yes there is a SEA server and they are on a slightly different rotation to global which explains why I saw Luna banner for him.

Alright 10-7 is kicking my butt. Anyone have any tips?

Vildred? I can't remember who 10-7.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I know that global and Korea aren't on the same schedule/rotation which makes sense given global just launched and Korea has been out for a while. Though I don't even know why I made that post when I could have just opened the game on my phone and check smh. So to answer my own question, yes there is a SEA server and they are on a slightly different rotation to global which explains why I saw Luna banner for him.

Vildred? I can't remember who 10-7.

It's Rose

Alright 10-7 is kicking my butt. Anyone have any tips?

my tip is kill her fast, If you have Kiris poison bypass barriers making it easier , I didn't use kiris tough just went with Cid and Iseria , strategy will depend onthe characters you have

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Those two units are super different in their use, you could easily use both (if you have two massive DPS for the other slots).
Don't hesitate to put two people of the same class on the same team, there's no reason to only run 1 warrior per team, if they have such vastly different builds.

Tieria is tricky to enjoy, because she doesn't hit very hard, she's just there to give your hard hitters more turns. Her defense debuff is also helpful for your damage dealers to do their work quickly. She's only as good as her best team mates, so don't expect her to carry.
On the other hand, having a tank like Azalea will also take pressure off of your glass cannons. With her speed decrease added to Tieria's combat readiness surpression, I truely think you could put both on a team to max effectiveness of your damage dealers.
I don't think there's much overlap aside from the fact that both can't really hit hard for what you'd expect from a "warrior".

Armin seems a better tank though, but I don't have her, so hard to compare. (Armin is not a girl's name by the way, or is that a cultural thing?)

Thanks, yeah, those are some good insights. I agree that Tieria isn't the most exciting, and it sounds like her defense debuff is getting nerfed, so maybe it's better to just focus on Azalea for now. I pulled Armin recently, I haven't played her enough but she has potential to be a great tank. But it feels like she lacks the damage output that Azalea has. Armin's group barrier is *chef's kiss* though.

Speaking of damage output, I'd always seen the Battle Results button at the end of battles, but never used it until today. It's actually really helpful, giving you attack/defense/support graphs of each character for that battle.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate those garter straps on Commander Lorina's design, they really kick up the pointless T&A to an annoying degree

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate those garter straps on Commander Lorina's design, they really kick up the pointless T&A to an annoying degree
It's like every woman in this world can't help but wear lingerie into battle. It's my one gripe with the game, the gratuitous amounts of sexualization and the obvious waifu baiting. Like 90% of the female cast has huge knockers. It's pretty dumb.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've fought a few Diene's in arena. I think she will be used quite a bit. Attack and Crit resistance buffs are annoying to deal with. Not critting makes a huge difference to my pvp team. Put her with a healer and two tanks and it's too annoying to bother with.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I've fought a few Diene's in arena. I think she will be used quite a bit. Attack and Crit resistance buffs are annoying to deal with. Not critting makes a huge difference to my pvp team. Put her with a healer and two tanks and it's too annoying to bother with.
Cecilia + Krau + Destina + Diene is soooooo awful to fight against.

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
I just pulled Diene. On the last summon I had available too. It was between 60-65 summons.

Pretty much every other summon I did was straight trash though. I was really upset, but this turned my mood at least. When I summon in this game, I don't expect to get a 5* hero AT ALL. 0 expectations. I hope that I'll at least get something new or a 3* that I can use for promotion + memory imprint. I didn't get many of those 3* heroes that I wanted but I do now have like every Roozid and Kiris that exist. Seriously, one 10 summon session had four Montmorancy's in it. That is deflating. I also Max Enhanced the 3* Artifact Grail of Blood.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

how does the crit resistance work?

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
how does the crit resistance work?

Don't know the percentages but it seems to reduce your opponents Crit chance. So, if it's 50%, and your opponent's Crit chance is 50 or less, then opponent will never Crit. I don't know the specifics yet but that seems to be how it works.

That plus her shields plus how many damn turns she generates... ugh. We need more dispelling units!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to get MolaGora seeds? Are they just set rewards, or can you grind quests for them?

You can buy them from the various shops once a week and thats about it. You can get them from some event rewards but you can't grind them out as far as I know.

Isn't this the PvP meta the devs want to put an end to? Which makes releasing her with that power set a bit odd I suppose

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
Just reached the end point for the first half of the story event. I really dig it. Now to start levelling up Bask and Diene more!

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
It's like every woman in this world can't help but wear lingerie into battle. It's my one gripe with the game, the gratuitous amounts of sexualization and the obvious waifu baiting. Like 90% of the female cast has huge knockers. It's pretty dumb.
Ehhhh, it's nowhere near 90% (that ratio is more accurate to something like Dragalia Lost). I'd actually put it at somewhere around 40%, really, which is honestly surprising to me - I expected much, much worse. Bonus points for including adult women who aren't super stacked and actually wearing functional clothing.

It's just an unfortunate coincidence that a bunch of high tier characters (Silk, Tieria, Lorina, even Cecilia) just so happen to be of the fanservicey-busty type. If you actually go through the hero journal and look through it you'll find that a shocking amount of the female cast is actually relatively subdued - they're just not prominent enough mechanically to get the same level of attention. You'll likely see that change over time as they introduce more specialization change quests. Unfortunately, when they get bad, they get really bad - Rin and most of the Eureka Dragon Knights are particularly prime examples. Still won't stop me from loving Rima and Charlotte, though.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Yes, I really like Rima's subdued bard design! Aramintha too would be such a good looking mage too, if only she wore pants, OMG.
I don't really get why people think Rin is the worst though, she at least makes sense as an "exotic dancer" (which I learned is just a euphemism for "stripper") and I like her animations at least.

That Luna though.
*shudder*

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Huge knockers aside, the game could use more varied representation in the form of some PoC. Don't even need one hand to count them all.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Just noticed Epicera guild had a single slot available, so I put in a request under the name "Folklore." Any possibility of joining?

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhhh, it's nowhere near 90% (that ratio is more accurate to something like Dragalia Lost). I'd actually put it at somewhere around 40%, really, which is honestly surprising to me - I expected much, much worse. Bonus points for including adult women who aren't super stacked and actually wearing functional clothing.

It's just an unfortunate coincidence that a bunch of high tier characters (Silk, Tieria, Lorina, even Cecilia) just so happen to be of the fanservicey-busty type. If you actually go through the hero journal and look through it you'll find that a shocking amount of the female cast is actually relatively subdued - they're just not prominent enough mechanically to get the same level of attention. You'll likely see that change over time as they introduce more specialization change quests. Unfortunately, when they get bad, they get really bad - Rin and most of the Eureka Dragon Knights are particularly prime examples. Still won't stop me from loving Rima and Charlotte, though.

I'd put it at more like 75%. But as I said before, the level of objectification tends to increase proportionally as you go up the tier list. Which almost makes the sexualization worse, because it's obviously a "reward" for the players who want that stuff. And if course it wouldn't be quite as bad if males were sexualized equally, but of course they aren't.

At least there are enough competent 3* characters with more tasteful designs that you can ignore some of it.

And Biestmann I agree on the PoC tip, though I can't say I'm surprised that it's largely lily white anime characters. What was surprising to me is the large number of furry characters in the game...is this is a popular subculture in South Korea or something?

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
Ok.... I just pulled a second Diene.... I wish it was a different 5* truth be told but should I bother to imprint her or use her for 6* promotion for another character?

Also is anyone else getting the maintenance message which starts in 30 minutes time? Anyone know what that's about?

Status
Not open for further replies.