• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Iseria has been my most wanted unit since I pulled Tama. Glad I'll be able to get her now but my skystones stash has been depleted from recent banners.

Last edited:

Vctor182

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Violet is not so relevant as he was a few months ago when dizzy was unrivaled, he's still a good unit but if Iseria is coming next I suggest for new players to save for her as she gives incredible support PvE/PvP and can do decent damage. Plus she's an elf

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I just want them to listen to their bloody customers.

Japan is rating the game way fucking down. It's in the gutter. People do not like this game. And instead of fixing it, they keep doubling down on their nonsense. It's incredible.

I really can't think of a publisher that's this visibly inept. Even, like, EA does a better job of listening to the customers. I mean, think about it - some of the same things we've been complaining about for over a year, the Japanese players are repeating ad verbatim. And still they don't do shit. Even bloody EA had to listen and drop monetization features to bring their rep back from the brink (not to mention green-lighting Fallen Order, which is basically just the box price and nothing else). What other games are this bad on this front? Fire Emblem Heroes? Lol. Not sure that's a game you want to be compared to.

I mean, shit, other games have the excuse of just not being supported enough to keep going, but this? This game rakes in TONS of money and yet they can't afford to do even the slightest bit of upkeep to make sure the game survives more than a year? The game won't even survive more than two months in Japan with how unresponsive they are to feedback! And that's one of their biggest markets on the fuckin' planet, lol, wtf is this? What is with this decision-making? Are they completely incapable of doing even the slightest bit of even mid-term planning (let alone long-term)?
To all the folks who are down on E7, I'd be curious to know which gacha is doing it better in your eyes. I've played so many gacha from PAD onward, and this e7 community is one of the worst.
Dragalia Lost, though I'm not a fan of the actual gameplay (especially the endgame emphasis on extremely hard coop content), does a MUCH better job of actually listening to the players, to the point where they've implemented basically everything players have asked for at some point in time. Every single QoL feature you can think of, DL has it.

Girls' Frontline is actually an astonishing example of a small starter that just keeps growing and growing over time. They're not just responsive to feedback but the developers are actually enthusiastic about expanding the gameplay, constantly introducing new mechanics and just generally expanding the scope of the game in a way that isn't frustrating to players. Mica Team did not and does not sit on their laurels at any point in development. This, despite the fact that their programmers are clearly, um, not the best at what they do.

Actually, E7 just deepens my appreciate of what GFL's developers have managed to accomplish. The contrast is incredibly stark. They might not have anywhere near the production values but they do have something that is severely lacking in E7's current showing. I wish SG could figure that out.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Damn they responded fast to that shitty event. Maintenance tonight to change the snacks to stamina.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Seriously though, what dickhead sat there and thought "Yeah, we'll give them 10 snacks instead of daily stamina"?

The odd, incompetent decisions are just frustrating and weird.

They would've been better off lying and saying it was an error and we were supposed to get 10 snacks PLUS 300 energy. But instead they've more or less admitted it was intentional and changed was changed due to our feedback.

The thought that we'd be happy getting 10 snacks to begin with is BAFFLING.

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
A.Ravi was never as bad as the general impression of her.... and should be at a decent place now. Less crit requirement increases her damage since you can stack more crit dmg now.

Stove forums - A.RAVI IS SHIT, HER S3 NEEDS TO HIT LIKE YUFINES!

The game won't even survive more than two months in Japan with how unresponsive they are to feedback! And that's one of their biggest markets on the fuckin' planet, lol, wtf is this? What is with this decision-making? Are they completely incapable of doing even the slightest bit of even mid-term planning (let alone long-term)?
Dragalia Lost, though I'm not a fan of the actual gameplay (especially the endgame emphasis on extremely hard coop content), does a MUCH better job of actually listening to the players, to the point where they've implemented basically everything players have asked for at some point in time. Every single QoL feature you can think of, DL has it.

Obviously being unresponsive to feedback isn't everything in Japan otherwise Epic Seven wouldn't been Top 100 Grossing on the IOS for the last month straight while the QoL update king in Dragalia Lost regularly dips under 400.

E7 has been consistent in Japan with an average rank of 69.1 last month and 68.2 so far throughout December so I have no idea why you think it will be dead in 2 months..... but than again I guess that's your shtick.....

A gatcha game like the following is a dying game....

2019/08 - Rank 3
2019/09 - Rank 39.6
2019/10 - Rank 149.6
2019/11 - Rank 276.9
2019/12 - Rank 285.8

And please lets not absolve Yostar from any blame for the reaction from the JP community, I mean if they can be praised as such a generous gatcha company because they kept the same rates as the Chinese version of the "gatcha that shall not be named"..... how are they free from blame for the JP issues E7 has?

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just want them to listen to their bloody customers.

Japan is rating the game way fucking down. It's in the gutter. People do not like this game. And instead of fixing it, they keep doubling down on their nonsense. It's incredible.

I really can't think of a publisher that's this visibly inept. Even, like, EA does a better job of listening to the customers. I mean, think about it - some of the same things we've been complaining about for over a year, the Japanese players are repeating ad verbatim. And still they don't do shit. Even bloody EA had to listen and drop monetization features to bring their rep back from the brink (not to mention green-lighting Fallen Order, which is basically just the box price and nothing else). What other games are this bad on this front? Fire Emblem Heroes? Lol. Not sure that's a game you want to be compared to.

I mean, shit, other games have the excuse of just not being supported enough to keep going, but this? This game rakes in TONS of money and yet they can't afford to do even the slightest bit of upkeep to make sure the game survives more than a year? The game won't even survive more than two months in Japan with how unresponsive they are to feedback! And that's one of their biggest markets on the fuckin' planet, lol, wtf is this? What is with this decision-making? Are they completely incapable of doing even the slightest bit of even mid-term planning (let alone long-term)?

Girls' Frontline is actually an astonishing example of a small starter that just keeps growing and growing over time. They're not just responsive to feedback but the developers are actually enthusiastic about expanding the gameplay, constantly introducing new mechanics and just generally expanding the scope of the game in a way that isn't frustrating to players. Mica Team did not and does not sit on their laurels at any point in development. This, despite the fact that their programmers are clearly, um, not the best at what they do.

Actually, E7 just deepens my appreciate of what GFL's developers have managed to accomplish. The contrast is incredibly stark. They might not have anywhere near the production values but they do have something that is severely lacking in E7's current showing. I wish SG could figure that out.

I find it funny that you pick DL of all games seeing as how it's turned into complaints about all the rerun events, the lack of VA, the supposedly decreased budget Bc of CY's new game, and the impending death of the game. GFL was fun for a bit but turned into more of a waifu/dorm game than anything. That's totally fine but wasn't for me. Good devs tho.

I agree that SG has dropped the ball on numerous things. Many dumb decisions that defy explanation. But the game is not dying like you want to make it seem, and I still like the game. If I didn't, I'd quit. I just don't understand why stuff like hard raid Is not released yet.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Epic Seven won't die in any region for at least a year. You don't just go from 3+ mil a month to 0 overnight. They could literally not release any patch from now on and the game would last a year. Gate Six, a game that was on life support at launch, hasn't had a single patch in 3 months and is still kicking.

It may continue to decline, but die? That's hyperbole.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

Balance Preview

Buffs for A.Ravi, Kise, Cartuja, and Dingo.

Hmm, the 100% CR readiness after reviving is helpful but I don't think it is proc'd enough to be a needle mover. Having 30% inherent CC definitely makes her easier to build and reduces the need to run Hell Cutter. Fortunately for me I was already sitting at 60% CC and had stacked CD so I don't really need to re-gear. I do want to re-gear her to be one of those high effect resist monsters that I see though.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Weekly "not sure about the next 6*" question :D

I already have 6* : Lena, Luna, A.Montmo
I have Ken and Crozet that I use a lot that are 5* but with neither of them I can pass W11, Automation 95 or Abyss 62.

Maybe I can wait for Iseria.
Right now, the gap I could see is if my A.Montmo could tank W11, but right now with 16khp she dies after 2 or 3 rounds so it's not really 6* related. That's why I'm using Crozet, but then I lack in DPS because the DPS and Healer are two different units.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, the 100% CR readiness after reviving is helpful but I don't think it is proc'd enough to be a needle mover. Having 30% inherent CC definitely makes her easier to build and reduces the need to run Hell Cutter. Fortunately for me I was already sitting at 60% CC and had stacked CD so I don't really need to re-gear. I do want to re-gear her to be one of those high effect resist monsters that I see though.

Dingo is now a healer AOE, lol.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Weekly "not sure about the next 6*" question :D

I already have 6* : Lena, Luna, A.Montmo
I have Ken and Crozet that I use a lot that are 5* but with neither of them I can pass W11, Automation 95 or Abyss 62.

Maybe I can wait for Iseria.
Right now, the gap I could see is if my A.Montmo could tank W11, but right now with 16khp she dies after 2 or 3 rounds so it's not really 6* related. That's why I'm using Crozet, but then I lack in DPS because the DPS and Healer are two different units.

Iseria won't help you with W11. Any non-blue unit is going to CR push Wyvern which is going to cause it to do more damage and give you less time to deal damage. You might just have to be patient on that until you get better gear and build your units up some more.

Ken is a good 6* for a lot of content and would help a lot in Golem and labyrinths/raid. Can never go wrong with him.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Iseria won't help you with W11. Any non-blue unit is going to CR push Wyvern which is going to cause it to do more damage and give you less time to deal damage. You might just have to be patient on that until you get better gear and build your units up some more.

Ken is a good 6* for a lot of content and would help a lot in Golem and labyrinths/raid. Can never go wrong with him.
I have Taranor Guard at 5* but if A.Montmo can't tank then I have no spot for him. He just can't DPS.
You are right with Ken, and in the end I think that I'll 6* Ken and Crozet, so might start with him.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I have Taranor Guard at 5* but if A.Montmo can't tank then I have no spot for him. He just can't DPS.
You are right with Ken, and in the end I think that I'll 6* Ken and Crozet, so might start with him.
TGuard can be set up to be a dedicated defense breaker for your Luna, and stay at 5*. That lets you throw all of your best damage gear on Luna instead of spreading things around. You could build something like this:

Tguard: slightly faster than Luna and high effectiveness for pure defense breaking.
Luna: full damage and decent speed, but make sure she moves after Tguard.
AMomo: probably 170ish speed to be able to prevent getting lapped by the wyvern.
Crozet: full tanky build. Speed doesn't matter as much because you have Momo to heal.

When you're first working on clearing W11, stability matters more than clear times. As long as you can survive until the shield phase and have the dps to break the shield, then you're fine. A clear with 2 or 3 shield phases is still a clear.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously being unresponsive to feedback isn't everything in Japan otherwise Epic Seven wouldn't been Top 100 Grossing on the IOS for the last month straight while the QoL update king in Dragalia Lost regularly dips under 400.

E7 has been consistent in Japan with an average rank of 69.1 last month and 68.2 so far throughout December so I have no idea why you think it will be dead in 2 months..... but than again I guess that's your shtick.....

A gatcha game like the following is a dying game....

2019/08 - Rank 3
2019/09 - Rank 39.6
2019/10 - Rank 149.6
2019/11 - Rank 276.9
2019/12 - Rank 285.8

And please lets not absolve Yostar from any blame for the reaction from the JP community, I mean if they can be praised as such a generous gatcha company because they kept the same rates as the Chinese version of the "gatcha that shall not be named"..... how are they free from blame for the JP issues E7 has?
Yostar obviously shoulders some of the blame but literally everything JP is complaining about bar a few server-specific issues are identical to the things we've been complaining about, so that's pretty much on Smilegate.

Considering the game just launched I have no idea why you think those numbers are good, especially with the game being rated down into near-invisibility which will heavily reduce the game's momentum.

And I only used DL as an example of responsiveness, I said literally nothing about its success as a game. If a bottom-ranking game can do a better job of listening to the player base, maaaaaybe SG could afford to do the same?
I find it funny that you pick DL of all games seeing as how it's turned into complaints about all the rerun events, the lack of VA, the supposedly decreased budget Bc of CY's new game, and the impending death of the game. GFL was fun for a bit but turned into more of a waifu/dorm game than anything. That's totally fine but wasn't for me. Good devs tho.

I agree that SG has dropped the ball on numerous things. Many dumb decisions that defy explanation. But the game is not dying like you want to make it seem, and I still like the game. If I didn't, I'd quit. I just don't understand why stuff like hard raid Is not released yet.
I'd chalk DL's poor performance on its poor balance between playtime and rewards (similar to E7 where you have to have WAY too much time with the screen on to actually get anywhere) and its absolutely bizarre insistence on an incredibly difficult coop endgame that was already proven to have issues in PC MMORPGs which have far superior controls and communication tools. Either way, I only care that they did a bunch of things that Smilegate does not do, and I just want to see the same QoL fixes applied here.

Obviously as Einbroch said, saying the game is dying in a month or two is hyperbole, but, uh, 2.4/5 rating puts the writing on the wall, methinks. I just don't see how it can maintain any sort of momentum when the players hate on it this much. The funny thing is that referring to them as the "EA of Korea" (which is how some Korean players described the company when warning us about their practices waaaay back during the launch of global) is actually insulting towards EA, since even EA does a better job of maintaining its public image now. Ten-year plan indeed, lol...

Last edited:

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
TGuard can be set up to be a dedicated defense breaker for your Luna, and stay at 5*. That lets you throw all of your best damage gear on Luna instead of spreading things around. You could build something like this:

Tguard: slightly faster than Luna and high effectiveness for pure defense breaking.
Luna: full damage and decent speed, but make sure she moves after Tguard.
AMomo: probably 170ish speed to be able to prevent getting lapped by the wyvern.
Crozet: full tanky build. Speed doesn't matter as much because you have Momo to heal.

When you're first working on clearing W11, stability matters more than clear times. As long as you can survive until the shield phase and have the dps to break the shield, then you're fine. A clear with 2 or 3 shield phases is still a clear.
That's some really good advices.
I almost did it with it but my Crozet is not tanky enough yet. Might try to farm Golems to get better def and health gears.
Thanks !

animus82

Nov 1, 2017
And now, as it happens, Japan actually hates the game. So much for that gamble (and it was a gamble).

Turns out, 90% of Japanese complaints are completely identical to things we've been complaining about for over a year already (with the other 10% being things specific to their server, like A. Vildred being released without counters or being capped at Hunt 8s and Abyss floor 40). Turns out, they should've just listened to us in the first place instead of playing coy with these ridiculous half-assed "solutions" to everything everyone's been complaining about. The only thing I can give them credit for is pity on standard banners and mystic banners (even though the mystic pity is, realistically, a "once every six months" sort of thing for the average player, and, apparently, Japanese players don't even get access to it at launch - ouch).
  • Their attempts at balance are shoddy and hilariously ineffectual (especially since they refuse to nerf limited units). The few strong ML5s and the limited units remain completely dominant even with the introduction of anti-revive units. On top of that they reintroduced the "speed race or die" meta where not a single goddamn second turn team can survive a geared speed cleave team regardless of what they do, thanks in large part to nerfing C. Armin without a replacement for someone in her specific role (note: even Fallen Cecilia has to go first to actually perform well at her job). Imagine how "fun" arena is for Japanese players when they don't even get the benefit of Lilibet or Specimen Sez to solve A. Vildred.
  • Gear fixes? What gear fixes? All they've done is given us more chances at RNG rolls without actually changing anything at all about how obscenely RNG-heavy the whole thing is. They continue to refuse to do anything at all to make substat rolling less of a horrible anti-fun slot machine. (Note: this is one of the most common complaints among Japanese players.)
  • Stamina issues... well, let's be honest, the only reason there's a stamina issue in the first place is because gear farming is complete dreck. Fix that and people will likely stop complaining about the constant shortage of energy. But, y'know... they're incompetent, so they won't do it. Goodbye Japanese player base.
  • They STILL refuse to let pets auto-open chests without auto-repeat. lolwtf? Also a top complaint for Japanese players (in addition to the lack of any time-saving measures like a 2x speed mode (which even FGO has) or skip tickets). Game feels like a massive timesink and in a world where so many things are competing for your time, well... that's a bad gamble to take.
This post on reddit sums up some of the other complaints from Japanese player reviews. Mind you, the game is rated even lower than the global score if you filter only for Japanese reviews. All in all, the game is doomed unless something changes dramatically, and this update was far from what the game needed to reverse its fortunes.

I'll leave you with this quote from a Japanese review:

"A whole week", lol. Just you wait, friend... just you wait...

Did Avild really ruin the Japanese server like some guys on Reddit claimed? Man, they should have not allowed ML5 in the normal pull and selective pulls for a while.

Gameplay wise it's still better than A LOT of stuff coming out from Japan on mobile.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
That's some really good advices.
I almost did it with it but my Crozet is not tanky enough yet. Might try to farm Golems to get better def and health gears.
Thanks !
What's making your runs fail? Is Momo not healing enough between volleys or is Crozet dying to a single three shot volley?

Your tank should probably have close to 20k hp and over a thousand def. That would let him take a full volley or two and survive until at least the shield phase, when your healer has more time to top him off before the next normal phase. You probably need to 6* Crozet for this to work - most W11 tanks need to be 6* in general.

If you have Rod of Amyrillis, give it to Momo because normally her healing strength is not that high. Rod greatly helps her healing output. Also note that Momo's heals scale off her target's hp, so the more health Crozet has, the stronger Momo's heals are on him.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, time to post some things that aren't just complaining about the game for once.

In a very short span of time I've had to raise Dark Corvus, Faithless Lidica, fire Ravi, and Violet. They're all wearing pretty average gear but they're also doing their jobs pretty well. The main issue I'm having is that, well... the game simply does not give enough molas, even after all the discounts they've made. Simply getting everyone to +9 (which is the most you can get before the mola costs start increasing per skill up) is going to take another month and change at a minimum. Better than it used to be, but I still feel like they should have added another steady source of molas by now. Even just, say, adding a mola you can buy from the raid shop every week would be nice.

The thing about the gear is that it's not really too bad if you don't get hung up on trying to improve characters you already have geared. Which, y'know, is a terrible indictment of how RNG-heavy it is, but on the flip side, it's not really that hard to put people in useful level 85 gear if you're not tunnel-visioning on getting The Perfect Stats every time. Naturally, this means I struggle in higher level arena and GW, but, uh... there's basically no way for me to make sure I get the right stats anyway (especially when it comes to speed rolls), so whatever. If Smilegate wants to waste my time so much I'm just not gonna bother.

Violet in particular is looking insanely strong right now, even though I just put him in whatever I had laying around that others weren't using. (Actually, some of these pieces are probably upgrades for some of my other characters, but... eh...)
Screenshot_20191213-142700.jpg
Even though he's only +5'd and level 41 I'm consistently impressed by the numbers he's putting out. Scary dude. My big hope is that I'll be able to make use of him to counter the ubiquitous F. Cecilia/SS Bellona/Charles compositions that are everywhere in GW defense. I've tried using Dark Corvus but the damage output of this specific team comp is simply too high for him to deal with. Fingers crossed...

Also, this story chapter has been excellent, and serves as a strong reminder of why I'm still playing this game at all. The writing has been consistently strong month to month, but this chapter in particular has some great moments between Luluca, Violet, Pavel, and what little we get between Lilibet and Ras (the latter of whom really shines in this particular situation). As usual, the art side of the dev team is incredibly solid. Definitely looking forward to how they build up to the climax. It's lookin' real promising. I think I can forgive them for all the side story reruns since they're clearly putting a lot of resources into the story. Just, y'know... I hope that summer event isn't the last time we get something nice and new and big.

Arena remains on the back burner. Just not going to put much effort into it. If you don't care about arena, there's not that much incentive to keep rolling the gear carousel, really. GW, sure, yeah, but you can pick and choose your battles there and, really, you just have to accept that there are some opponents you cannot beat. I'm content to remain in the holding pattern I've been in for as long as they continue to dance around making material adjustments to the gear system.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Did Avild really ruin the Japanese server like some guys on Reddit claimed? Man, they should have not allowed ML5 in the normal pull and selective pulls for a while.

Gameplay wise it's still better than A LOT of stuff coming out from Japan on mobile.

There is some truth to it, but it's also overblown a bit. The whales and hardcore players that re-rolled until they got A Vild are annoyed that they are in a tier with other people that re-rolled until they got A Vild. So yeah its a problem that he is overpowered and the high end players all have him. But welcome to playing with whales and hardcore players...and it's only PvP. The game isn't ruined because PvP has issues otherwise it'd be toast in every server.

It's the same global comments of "game is dying" when the game is making $3 million a month lol.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Dingo is now a healer AOE, lol.

Dingo will only heal himself on his S2, not the party. His S3 does a full cleanse, increases hit chance for the team, and reduces everyone's skill cooldown by 1 turn. A fantastic skill, but I'm unconvinced that his self-heal will give him enough sustain.
Attacks all enemies with the Glove Oven, recovering the caster's Health.

Blaze Dingo OTOH heals everyone.

Oct 25, 2017
Dingo will only heal himself on his S2, not the party. His S3 does a full cleanse, increases hit chance for the team, and reduces everyone's skill cooldown by 1 turn. A fantastic skill, but I'm unconvinced that his self-heal will give him enough sustain.

Oh my bad, I misread that AOE part, but I'm still ok with that because my both DIngo & Vivian have equipped with CHC so my team might become a killing machine at some point, lol.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There is some truth to it, but it's also overblown a bit. The whales and hardcore players that re-rolled until they got A Vild are annoyed that they are in a tier with other people that re-rolled until they got A Vild. So yeah its a problem that he is overpowered and the high end players all have him. But welcome to playing with whales and hardcore players...and it's only PvP. The game isn't ruined because PvP has issues otherwise it'd be toast in every server.

It's the same global comments of "game is dying" when the game is making $3 million a month lol.

That's the bottom line, right? The game is still making a ton of money. Low review scores on google store has never killed a game that was already a success.

And A Vildred is lame. Unless they release more units with extinction, he's just not fun to fight against. I can't imagine fighting him with no extinction units.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My defense bottomed out at 1 win/134 losses and 2 wins/142 losses. This week it is now 12/69. Waking up to only 1 loss - amazing!

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Man, this Project Santa Event is so bad in terms of its reward structure, I mean I guess you get energy now, with is prob better then only snacks, but its still pretty meh.

Anyways, I think we should start gifting each other those gifts, so please write your in-game names here so that I and other people from here can gift you!

Oh and feel free to add me as a friend and profit off of my supporters hehe 😏

ID: Gohlad
(Global server)

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
That's the bottom line, right? The game is still making a ton of money. Low review scores on google store has never killed a game that was already a success.

And A Vildred is lame. Unless they release more units with extinction, he's just not fun to fight against. I can't imagine fighting him with no extinction units.
I have no extinction units and... Yeah. It sucks. Moonlight Dreamblade means that extra turn attacks aren't always reliable, so basically I'm forced to bring a tanky team and do the praying mantis strat: I let him fuck me and then I bite his head off.

That works, but the problem is when he's paired with a dps check unit like Ruele, in which case I have to sit there and let him stab me for a bunch of turns until I can kill Ruele first.

The worst is stuff like Avild + Ruele + Lilias + Dizzy or something, because then Lilias' double attack with Avild tends to kill everything.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
My defense bottomed out at 1 win/134 losses and 2 wins/142 losses. This week it is now 12/69. Waking up to only 1 loss - amazing!

I was struggling bad too. I re-geared and set up a new defense last night. ML Lidica/Lilias/G Purrgis/SSB. SSB has immunity and is on a rage set and ML Lidica has 247 speed. Lilias has 22k HP with Bastion so SSB ends up with around 20k of effective HP after Bastion/Proof. G Purrgis is around 20k hp as well.

It's 4 for 11 so far in Champ 3 but the good news is nobody attacks with Basar and cleavers are wary due to ML Lidica potential speed.

So far I've stopped a few cleaves and beat a couple tank teams. SB hits sneaky hard with a rage set and attack buff from G Purrgis.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
What's making your runs fail? Is Momo not healing enough between volleys or is Crozet dying to a single three shot volley?

Your tank should probably have close to 20k hp and over a thousand def. That would let him take a full volley or two and survive until at least the shield phase, when your healer has more time to top him off before the next normal phase. You probably need to 6* Crozet for this to work - most W11 tanks need to be 6* in general.

If you have Rod of Amyrillis, give it to Momo because normally her healing strength is not that high. Rod greatly helps her healing output. Also note that Momo's heals scale off her target's hp, so the more health Crozet has, the stronger Momo's heals are on him.
Crozet dies just before the shield phase.
I don't have the Rod yet, I will buy it soon when I have enough dust.
So i think that he needs to more health/def and momo more healing with the rod and then we'll see.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Crozet dies just before the shield phase.
I don't have the Rod yet, I will buy it soon when I have enough dust.
So i think that he needs to more health/def and momo more healing with the rod and then we'll see.
That sounds like Crozet is surviving multiple volleys, but Momo can't keep up with heals. You're right that more health/def on Crozet would help, but probably also more speed on Momo to let her move more often.

If Momo has the 100% eff resist skill on her skill tree, try to gear her to 100 ef. That will help her cycle her skills much faster.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing worse than seeing your first roll bring an epic to 8 speed only to see the next 3 rolls go into ER. So painful.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
What do people do when against a tanky counter team with multiple high priority targets? Something like ML Ken + Maid + SSB + Lilias?

I see variations of this comp a lot, and even though it's super simple, it's also really annoying to fight because of how hard everyone hits. I can kill one or maybe two units before they move, but no more than that.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
What do people do when against a tanky counter team with multiple high priority targets? Something like ML Ken + Maid + SSB + Lilias?

I see variations of this comp a lot, and even though it's super simple, it's also really annoying to fight because of how hard everyone hits. I can kill one or maybe two units before they move, but no more than that.

I use Ange or Momo, G.Purgis, Krau & Yufine/Luna & slow burn it. Once Ruele is dead it's over.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

If there are two or three really big threats like SSB/A Vild/ML Ken in the same comp I buff strip with Basar or ML Lidica and then use Abyssal Crown Dizzy S3. It then gives me time to pick them off one by one with Spez or other single target nukers (Baiken). G Purrgis is also great at provoking, stunning, and soaking up damage. It's basically crowd control lol. I have to be super careful with Reule's that I don't leave an SSB alive with the lowest health and she gets cleansed and lights me up. Unlike Grim since I use Spez and no healer I actually save Ruele's for last and extinct enemies one by one.

I lowered my Basar to 215 speed, but since I pair him with G Purrgis it really isn't a big deal if there is an enemy Basar and he almost always still acts second against those comps while Basar then Dizzy triggers SSB which hits G Purrgis and then pushes everyone up even further. I've lost matches because I've stunned SSB and an A Vild I missed buff strip on (due to Moonlight) acts before my Spez because I don't get the push from SSB's S2. Point being you don't really need a super fast Basar if you run G. Purrgis or DJ Basar to bring them back up.

I avoid Lilias\DJ Basar almost entirely because of their cleansing although I have done ML Lidica to strip immunity and then her S3 to reset Lilias cooldown and then use Dizzy S3, but that is risky and can't be used against F Ceci comps.

I really need a new Arena comp, growing bored of Spez and I can really only attack like 2 out of every 5 teams knowing I'll win 100%.

Edit: Kind of want to rebuild Lidica with that 100% Buff Strip/hit chance down on a 10 soulburn to ignore effect resist. They really need to give ML Lidica a second buff strip :(

Last edited:

Pawsome

Oct 26, 2017
Who should be my next 6 star?
I've already got Vildred at 6
My other notables are:
Aramintha
Angel Momo
Destina
Captain Lorina
Falconer Kluri
Axe God
Tywin (who is still in my inventory)

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

That team has no healing. I'd just use a healer/def team with SSB. Your own SSB would wreck that team Because of all the AOEs. I attack these teams with Ruele/SSB/Diene and Krau/Carmin ALL THE TIME.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017

Without Maid ChIoe/Ruele, I would usually use A Coli to stun Lilias, Abyssal Crown Dizzy to weaken/stun their team, Baiken to kill SSB, and either C Dom, BBK, or Fire Ken to finish off the rest. I usually prefer Fire Ken because he can usually tank whatever an A Vildred/ML Ken throws at him and then kill them with a soul burn S2/S3 combination, but it depends entirely on my ability to kill SSB, since my eff res is shit and if SSB does her S3, the unhealable will work on him and block his Sigurd Scythe.

If there is a Maid Chloe I would probably use ML Rin instead of A Coli and let Maid Chloe cast her revive so she can steal it from one of their team members (either Maid Chloe so I don't have to worry about her recasting it or SSB so I dont have to worry about her team counters). Then replace my 4th member with Yufine so she can S3 to stun/remove revive from one member and S2 to possibly remove the rest.

Ruele teams it would depend on the team but I would usually target Ruele or the least threatening target to force her to waste her S3, then kill the biggest threat on their team.

If I see a A Vil+Maid Chloe+Ruele+some other tank/healer/debuffer, I would just give up and move on. Even if I could beat them I'm not gonna waste my time going through that.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone. Since I have no extinction, it looks like I'll have to bring a tanky team and try to grind out teams like that. I should have the units for such a setup.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
That sounds like Crozet is surviving multiple volleys, but Momo can't keep up with heals. You're right that more health/def on Crozet would help, but probably also more speed on Momo to let her move more often.

If Momo has the 100% eff resist skill on her skill tree, try to gear her to 100 ef. That will help her cycle her skills much faster.
I'm not maxed out with Momo yet, but I will look into it, it's wednesday and I will farm some ice materials.

Momo :
Def 1170
Health 11349
Speed 134
Eff 52%
Resist 26

Crozet :
Def 870
Health 16819
Speed 106

I'm farming the PvP health set, so maybe with it, Momo will be able to tank on her own.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Patch Notes.

Iseria banner/skin and the addition of the skin shop; which include skin packs. Christmas event will be up and it looks like Diene banner/substory re-runs next week. Christmas & Diene were both originally three week events right? Seems like they're both scaled down to 2, I'm hoping they're much shorter to farm this go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.