• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone tell me how to deal with the kid in Chapter 8-7? He buffed himself like crazy. My team is Lvl 50 Knight Tywin, Lvl 46 Rin, Lvl 48 Mercedes, and Lvl 43 Angelica and they're still struggle with him, even my lead supporter won't do jack shit about it.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Can anyone tell me how to deal with the kid in Chapter 8-7? He buffed himself like crazy. My team is Lvl 50 Knight Tywin, Lvl 46 Rin, Lvl 48 Mercedes, and Lvl 43 Angelica and they're still struggle with him, even my lead supporter won't do jack shit about it.

Ludwig? He steals your buffs so try bringing a team that doesn't rely on them. What other characters do you have that are geared and leveled?

Tieria, Carmine Rose (save 3rd skill for when he gets buffed) and Lorina (you can get her from connections) should all work pretty well

Oct 25, 2017
Ludwig? He steals your buffs so try bringing a team that doesn't rely on them. What other characters do you have that are geared and leveled?

Tieria, Carmine Rose (save 3rd skill for when he gets buffed) and Lorina (you can get her from connections) should all work pretty well

Sadly, I have only 2 of 4* are Surin and Leo, the other 3 are pretty much fodders. And yes, that's Ludwig. Boy, that little punk, I'm telling ya....

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I remember defeating ludwig by putting my Destina in the tank position and grinding my whole team to lvl50. You can maybe try to use Kiris on top of Surin and just dot him to death. There's also some youtube videos that can inspire you.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Sadly, I have only 2 of 4* are Surin and Leo, the other 3 are pretty much fodders. And yes, that's Ludwig. Boy, that little punk, I'm telling ya....

The 3 I mentioned are 3*, so hopefully you can get them on a random daily pull. And Lorina is from connection and really good at killing bosses. In the mean time try to get a good Ravi friend to tank, along with Surin and Achates. The last slot can be Mercedes or some other DPSer

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
So... I know who has been stealing everyone's Diene pulls. My friend has been rolling in the Diene banner not realizing the only 5* it drops is Diene.

Raccoon.PNG

I ask for help in my witch hunt against him. Please join me and pick up a torch or pitchfork.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Well, your friend is either rich, or in bankruptcy. :)

He will read patch notes more closely next time.

You can also tell him to replace those crit set pieces by health pieces. That will make Diene more survivable (more health, bigger slef-shield), and she's not exactly up there when it comes to base damage.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My third Lorina from ML summons. Will go nicely with my Elsons, Mira's, Arowen.

okita

Oct 25, 2017

If I remember correctly ( I mighty be wrong) Iseria is a possible support there , bring her and use the third skill if it lands its debuff he can't buff himself for 2 turns choose the best moment to do this if you have kiris you can prolong it's effect by one turn with her S2 , go from there, the S2 on Iseria can reset any cooldown of your team if you have something strong to nuke him is a good strategy to use too, I have Iseria so i didn't need to bring the support that's why I'm not entirely sure

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Isn't she? I don't have R&L yet, using that artifact that ignore some of the enemy's defense instead, but at 80% crit, she's already invaluable to remove threats like Sez or Aramintha before they can act or receive defense buffs, and deal most of the damage in wyvern hunt.

Yea once Karin critical rate gets high enough she becomes hilariously strong. R&L proc CONSTANTLY too, I wish I screen recorded but I've had a fight where:

1. Used her second skill to break armor, and get another turn, procced R&L
2. Then used her first attack
3. Used her 3, procced R&L
4. Used her first attack again, boss was already less than half. And her 2 attack was off CD.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The only problem with her is there isn't a good way to get her low but keep her safe. The way tanking works is you'd have to have two taunt tanks on rotation just to make her viable, and at that point I don't think she's worth it for PVE at least.

Maybe she gets gear and gets stronk, but I have her at 25k CP and she hits like a wet noodle.

Oct 25, 2017
If I remember correctly ( I mighty be wrong) Iseria is a possible support there , bring her and use the third skill if it lands its debuff he can't buff himself for 2 turns choose the best moment to do this if you have kiris you can prolong it's effect by one turn with her S2 , go from there, the S2 on Iseria can reset any cooldown of your team if you have something strong to nuke him is a good strategy to use too, I have Iseria so i didn't need to bring the support that's why I'm not entirely sure

Thanks, I will try that one.

Finally, I've defeated him! Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know what the next banner will be? I've given up on Diene and have decided to save my bookmarks for the next one if they're any good.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do we know what the next banner will be? I've given up on Diene and have decided to save my bookmarks for the next one if they're any good.

I think we get a new character on Wednesday, so could be him or her. Krau seems possible as well, since he was mentioned on the Facebook page. We will know Wednesday

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I give up on diene every three pulls. At 20 right now...that math adds up. Two more pulls and nope. I have to give up befor this gets out of hand.

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind having a new archer with a less objectified design than Silk so I don't have to use her anymore.

Also I did about 200 tries at 4-8 and could not get any Leather Sheaths to drop. And I need three of them for one of Hazel's skill enhancements. :( The catalyst grind in this game is far far worse than gacha luck on the summons.

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Next week we can do hazel's speciality change quest right? I want to lvl her up to *5

Yeah I believe so. I'm curious what they'll do to her, though obviously I'm already a fan. I wouldn't mind some debuff support; that's really her main shortcoming.

I'm still trying to grind 3 dupe Hazels up to 5* so I can use them to promote my main Hazel. Maybe by 2019 I'll get there.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
New Path of Exile expansion is out and im playing E7. Send help.

Worst part is that it is even good for f2p or small time spender. And after around 3 weeks i have 6 natural SSR and have only spend 4€ spend so far. Meanwhile in FGO i had spend 300€, cleared every event for SQ/ticket and only had 5. Fuck gachas without pity btw.

Will buy the 2 rank up packs soonish to show support to the awesome devs.

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017

This is a character introduction video for Yuna. You know. The character you get for free. Not promoting a banner. Not promoting an event. Just...a character the game gives you for free.

Insane.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
How is Falconeer Kluri? My Kluri is currently level 39, thought about 5* her then doing her speciality quest

I wouldn't mind having a new archer with a less objectified design than Silk so I don't have to use her anymore.

Also I did about 200 tries at 4-8 and could not get any Leather Sheaths to drop. And I need three of them for one of Hazel's skill enhancements. :( The catalyst grind in this game is far far worse than gacha luck on the summons.

Same, shame she's so good once she starts getting around 180+ speed. Like damn, can other people get a turn to attack or nah?

Next week we can do hazel's speciality change quest right? I want to lvl her up to *5

Ooo that's next week? Any links to what her new kit is?

Oct 25, 2017
Is Krau confirmed next banner? I just got a dupe Krau. No more Krau plz.

Also, is he a highly rated tank?? He seems alright, but I've only used him in Diene's story thanks to the stat boosts. I pretty much have to 6-star him now that I got a dupe.

Gemeanie

Oct 27, 2017
SEA
Krau's S3 deals insane damage at low health. He is more like a dps+tank hybrid and probably one of the best 5* in current meta.

Got Diene after 30+ pulls and I'm ready for my Elson refund. Always hated his boring design and voice so I'm more than happy to bench him.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
She looks boss. This is what I need to do - focus on a few units. I'm spreading my love all around.

I only wish her speed was higher. Need to get better everything except for my chest. And especially my amulet. I rolled defense on every roll :\

My chest is the only piece rolled well, and I can still improve it:
2 speed
9 crit dmg
6 crit chance
15% defense

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
What's the most efficient way to grind through level advancements for lower-level characters? I'm trying to get some dupes up to promotion fodder rank, and I'm basically running them through the Altars so I can get runes along with the XP. But is XP gain the same everywhere, or should I be running them through a story level instead? I guess there's also the question of what's the best route for optimized stamina per XP.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
What's the most efficient way to grind through level advancements for lower-level characters? I'm trying to get some dupes up to promotion fodder rank, and I'm basically running them through the Altars so I can get runes along with the XP. But is XP gain the same everywhere, or should I be running them through a story level instead? I guess there's also the question of what's the best route for optimized stamina per XP.

From my experience, it's always the hardest story content you can tackle with 3 fodder + 1 of your guys, with a maxed supporter. Or 4 fodder + the maxed supporter but that can only handle up to a certain degree of difficulty depending on the unit. Max level units give 50% of the exp they receive to the units that are not max level. So the less maxed characters you have, the better.

But always do it with another thing in mind. For example, target farm certain catalysts and bring fodder with you. My Lorina I just maxed out needed 6 Banshee souls, and unlocking Yuna took 3 (and will take another 6 to max out.) So I was aiming for 9 Banshee souls to do the first two things at least. 4-9 World is the only place that drops it, and I farmed it with one fodder for a few days.

Stamina per XP wise, world story wins out since everything is only 8 stamina and it scales to 60+ level content. World difficulty event content (Diene) is fine too, especially when you need to farm the rest of the currency to get everything in the shop. But I wouldn't do it after you clear the shop, since it's 12 stamina each run.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
She looks boss. This is what I need to do - focus on a few units. I'm spreading my love all around.
I'm trying to focus on what I use for arena but now half my team is nerfed soooooooooooooo give me a new 5 star game :/

Every time I use someone's dps in world map I want to throw Ken in a volcano.

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
From my experience, it's always the hardest story content you can tackle with 3 fodder + 1 of your guys, with a maxed supporter. Or 4 fodder + the maxed supporter but that can only handle up to a certain degree of difficulty depending on the unit. Max level units give 50% of the exp they receive to the units that are not max level. So the less maxed characters you have, the better.

But always do it with another thing in mind. For example, target farm certain catalysts and bring fodder with you. My Lorina I just maxed out needed 6 Banshee souls, and unlocking Yuna took 3 (and will take another 6 to max out.) So I was aiming for 9 Banshee souls to do the first two things at least. 4-9 World is the only place that drops it, and I farmed it with one fodder for a few days.

Stamina per XP wise, world story wins out since everything is only 8 stamina and it scales to 60+ level content. World difficulty event content (Diene) is fine too, especially when you need to farm the rest of the currency to get everything in the shop. But I wouldn't do it after you clear the shop, since it's 12 stamina each run.

Thanks, that's a lot of helpful advice. I had no idea about the max level units handing over part of their XP.

Yeah, I've been trying to grind 4-8 (and a bit of 4-9) for Leather Sheaths and have yet to see one. I got 3 Sun Badges, but not a damn Sheath. I've been doing 4-8 mostly so I don't have to interact with the game on 4-9, but I have no idea if the drop rates are different.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto

This is a character introduction video for Yuna. You know. The character you get for free. Not promoting a banner. Not promoting an event. Just...a character the game gives you for free.

Insane.

I am legit saving all my skystones for Kazran. I know he's coming in the future I just don't know when. He's displayed on the "Time Matter" artifact.

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is Falconeer Kluri? My Kluri is currently level 39, thought about 5* her then doing her speciality quest

Same, shame she's so good once she starts getting around 180+ speed. Like damn, can other people get a turn to attack or nah?

Ooo that's next week? Any links to what her new kit is?
No idea, i just read someone said it here.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Thanks, that's a lot of helpful advice. I had no idea about the max level units handing over part of their XP.

Yeah, I've been trying to grind 4-8 (and a bit of 4-9) for Leather Sheaths and have yet to see one. I got 3 Sun Badges, but not a damn Sheath. I've been doing 4-8 mostly so I don't have to interact with the game on 4-9, but I have no idea if the drop rates are different.

Quick tip about target farming: If it's a catalyst that drops from a mob and not only a boss, aim for a zone that has the greatest amount of that mob per fight. Like if you can get the first two fights to have all mobs of that type, and the boss is that mob type too, that'll be the most efficient zone to run.

The boss always has the drop at the end, so it's a 100% chance to get a drop from that mob type's table for the third fight.

For the first two fights, if each mob is that type, it's 100%. If it's 2/3 or 3/4, it'll be 66%/75% respectively.
It's why for example, 8-4 is the best to farm Twisted Fangs instead of 8-S2 which was previously in a korean guide for catalyst farming.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I am legit saving all my skystones for Kazran. I know he's coming in the future I just don't know when. He's displayed on the "Time Matter" artifact.
He's a guardian, not a character. If he gets released he'll probably be obtained from the story like all the other guardians.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Quick tip about target farming: If it's a catalyst that drops from a mob and not only a boss, aim for a zone that has the greatest amount of that mob per fight. Like if you can get the first two fights to have all mobs of that type, and the boss is that mob type too, that'll be the most efficient zone to run.

The boss always has the drop at the end, so it's a 100% chance to get a drop from that mob type's table for the third fight.

For the first two fights, if each mob is that type, it's 100%. If it's 2/3 or 3/4, it'll be 66%/75% respectively.
It's why for example, 8-4 is the best to farm Twisted Fangs instead of 8-S2 which was previously in a korean guide for catalyst farming.

Thanks, very useful. I actually gave up on 4-8 and found that some of the Area 7 stages drops Sheaths as well. I've been farming on 7-10 and actually got one Sheath in probably 40 runs, along with two Archers Visions. Much much better drop rate than 4-8, where I got 3 catalysts in about 200 runs. And it's also giving much more XP -- with your maxed boss info I've been sending about 4500xp into one of my dupes per run.

durrrklin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Coast
Well, your friend is either rich, or in bankruptcy. :)

He will read patch notes more closely next time.

You can also tell him to replace those crit set pieces by health pieces. That will make Diene more survivable (more health, bigger slef-shield), and she's not exactly up there when it comes to base damage.

He has been just using any bookmarks as they come. He builds 5 up or gets 100 gems and then rolls. The man is mad but it is somehow working for him. He also got 3 Cecilia rolls on her banner, the man has godlike luck.

I mentioned that to him and he said it was just temp armor so he could put her on his team and raise her level.

Status
Not open for further replies.