• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
He has been just using any bookmarks as they come. He builds 5 up or gets 100 gems and then rolls. The man is mad but it is somehow working for him. He also got 3 Cecilia rolls on her banner, the man has godlike luck.

I mentioned that to him and he said it was just temp armor so he could put her on his team and raise her level.

That's ridiculous luck if true. Counting the dupes, thats 7 SSRs just for Diene and Cecilia, and probably more from off-banner / selective summons.

Wish I had that, but I'll just have to make sure I have 120 rolls for any char I like

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
So wait, I have a mega phantasma leveled to 30, and I thought that if I promoted it I would get a giga phantasma, but that is not the case...?

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
87 summons left to get Diene...I should have never went this far after getting the Noble artifact early. Picked up Schuri and Rin and a bunch of iffy stuff.

Give up now?

Last edited:

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Why give up? Your odds will always be the same. Same for the next banner. You want Diene, you go broke trying.
I have destina for a main healer, I'd like Diene for buffs to replace Elson and I have almost no ice people, but my hype meter is slightly low and I think I don't want to go all in yet I keep inching closer. I really want a future dps limited and would be disappointed if I miss the next neat looking one. I'm still building my crystal army for it, at 11.6k so I should have 12k next limited unless I do something silly, trying to get Diene off rogue badges but I'm not getting lucky.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I have destina for a main healer, I'd like Diene for buffs to replace Elson and I have almost no ice people, but my hype meter is slightly low and I think I don't want to go all in yet I keep inching closer. I really want a future dps limited and would be disappointed if I miss the next neat looking one.

((DO IT))

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I thought in my selective summon Ken was Martial Artist Ken from the tier lists so I confirmed.

I will never forgive Ken for being my dps.

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. But it doesn't matter. A 4* mega phantasma functions the exact same as a 4* giga phantasma.
I didn't know this either. I always thought there was some sort of difference there other than the rank. lol
So, I take it that the best thing to do here is to level and promote a Phantasma that's just a rank lower to the unit you want to promote to make the process easier and efficient, right i.e max two stars (Mega) -> promote to three star -> use to promote three star units. Max three stars (Giga) -> promote to four stars -> Use to promote four star units.

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know this either. I always thought there was some sort of difference there other than the rank. lol
So, I take it that the best thing to do here is to level and promote a Phantasma that's just a rank lower to the unit you want to promote to make the process easier and efficient, right i.e max two stars (Mega) -> promote to three star -> use to promote three star units. Max three stars (Giga) -> promote to four stars -> Use to promote four star units.
If you really want to be cheap, you can use the 2*fodders from adventure and level them up.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

I've long since run out of giga/tera so I've had to level megas to 5* a couple times. The only functional difference is that phantasmas have a passive exp gain bonus, but you can't bring multiple of the same type so it's not like you can level 3 gigas at once anyways.

And right now I have a huge amount of Stigma ready to generate wolves so my current grind squad is one 4* mega-phantasma and multiple 2* monsters I'm gradually raising to 4*. You need a staggering amount of fodder units to make a 6* but once you get the machine rolling it's not so bad.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Sorry if its a dumb question but from what I read I am guessing I should save and invest my Gold Transmit Stones on Galaxy Bookmarks instead of the guaranteed 4-5 star normal ones? Am I right?

Edit: My main team is already pretty good I guess: Diene, Aramintha, Cidd and Cecilia (all 5 stars and most 3 star awakened). So I think going for light/dark characters is a better choice overall?

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Sorry if its a dumb question but from what I read I am guessing I should save and invest my Gold Transmit Stones on Galaxy Bookmarks instead of the guaranteed 4-5 star normal ones? Am I right?

This is correct.

4-5 star tickets are good at the begining when you're severaly lacking in 4* and 5*. But on the long term, is most likely mean one more memory imprint level on some 4* you may or may not like, since you'll end up rolling that 4* anyway, or already had it. ML heroes, on the other hand... Even most of the 3* are worth having.

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, i'm reading some thread on reddit to find some tips for abyss, many said that rikoris from ML is very useful. Is it true?

I think i have him and never really look at his skill since he's only *3 lol

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
This is correct.

4-5 star tickets are good at the begining when you're severaly lacking in 4* and 5*. But on the long term, is most likely mean one more memory imprint level on some 4* you may or may not like, since you'll end up rolling that 4* anyway, or already had it. ML heroes, on the other hand... Even most of the 3* are worth having.

I would imagine many people are still lacking in true 5* units. I got Sez in my initial 30 summon and haven't pulled another 5* character since. I haven't even pulled more than a few 4* units. So for me the ML summon is just a lottery with very low odds and not really worth it.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, the only place to get ML units is trough ML summon. It's harder but you can get 4-5* units regularly. Heck I got my first 4* yesterday on the daily free summon. So as times passes and as you summon regularly, eventually you are going to get regular 4-5*, but only trough ML summon you have any shot of getting any Light/Dark unit whatsoever.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
I got Diene and Cecilia both in regular summons in the same week. Guess I am being lucky then...

Having said that, man... Diene is good and all but I feel my team still lacks a good healer (AKA Destina). Diene's Barrier is upgraded, can hold a few hits and her buff is good, but the rest of my team still isnt strong enough to finish off the enemies with ease. I mean, I am getting by (chapter 9 of the story) but I am reaching the point where its starting to be a struggle. :|

This is correct.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got Diene and Cecilia both in regular summons in the same week. Guess I am being lucky then...

Having said that, man... Diene is good and all but I feel my team still lacks a good healer (AKA Destina). Diene's Barrier is upgraded, can hold a few hits and her buff is good, but the rest of my team still isnt strong enough to finish off the enemies with ease. I mean, I am getting by (chapter 9 of the story) but I am reaching the point where its starting to be a struggle. :|

Thanks! :)

I think Diene is one of the best units but she needs a certain team comp to shine. If you want to use her without a healer, it's best to use units that can heal themselves somehow if you don't have the dps to plow through mobs.

Nov 3, 2017
Got Diene a few days ago, and holy shit, she's been a game changer for my party. Currently running her with Cecilia, Mistychain and Saz, and despite being more than 10 levels lower than the rest, shes keeping up.

Currently training up Armin to replace Cecilia. I'm hoping between her and Diene, they're able to keep the party alive so I can replace Mistychain with a damage dealer I actually like

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
How do four of the Five arena matchmaking options all have Diene? Just everyone trying to get her? Gacha hate rising, why do none of these teams have Ken? Use Ken folks, he dominates on turn 5.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Commander Lorina over the weekend, don't really use Lorina much but hey why not. The spearheads took the longest by far, even though I was farming a lot in places they drop. Got 4 from event node 19 and the last two from 7-7 world mode.

The only thing keeping me from my third 6* is a lack of 2* monsters at the moment. I just need to create three more 4* and I have the maxed-out level 30s already. But yeah, I get a ton of friend points and grind adventure nonstop but it's never enough. I'll probably promote Ravi, since they're buffing natural 5* and nerfing Tieria I'd like to get her back into my regular team. And she seems like she'd scale well with the extra stats. I use Achates in every team, I just don't think the benefit of a 60 healer would be as noticeable.

I'm starting to get pieces of the T5 lifesteal set from Abyss, and while I prefer Ravi with attack/crit, the stats on this set are amazing (hp%, crit%, attack%, speed). So I'd probably put it on her then move her atk gear over to Lorina.

I beat floor 53 over the weekend by the skin of my teeth, Sven revived after an Arky barrage and one-shotted half the team. Yuna had about 2% hp remaining when his barrier expired and she could finish him. But 54 seems impossible. Round 1 is bad enough with exploding mushrooms, but the second wave is like fighting an arena team that has cheats turned on. It's got regular Purrgis, Kluri, and moonlight Coli along with a buff/heal crystal. Kluri spams provoke and self-heals so much there's no point even attacking her, and Purrgis has a 100% AOE counter that reduces combat readiness so bringing Yuna is suicide. Coli stealths constantly and appears to simply one-shot anyone she attacks once her special is charged. I don't think this is remotely beatable until they nerf Abyss in the next patch. Maybe if I had a defense buff, but I don't, and even then bringing Armin doesn't help at all. She just gets chewed up while my healer is permanently provoked (nevermind Achates has elemental advantage over Kluri with tons of effect resist).

Hopefully my eternal bad luck in this game turns around soon, I'll have around 500 bookmarks ready for the patch. I'm sure Krau will just be bait for some limited Christmas hero though.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm finding the urgent quests to be the big roadblock for Lorina. It's impressive to be on your third 6*. I haven't even managed two yet (admittedly I've been spreading the upgrades around so I've a lot more at 5 then I did before). You probably know, but you can buy 2* monsters from the lobby store.

I'm not sure what Achates scales off but I found the stat boost at 60 was helpful for Destina because the increased HP made her skills better and increased survivability. Going to try and 6* Sigret next. I'd actually stopped using her in favour of running Destina/Silk/Tieria/Lorina. But with this weeks buffs and nerfs I might switch out Tieria for her. I sort of get the feeling Tieria is going to be fairly shit post-nerf. Her ability to increase combat readiness is nuts but everything else about her is sort of ho-hum (her defence down is nice but I find it very hard to get it to land).

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
The only thing keeping me from my third 6* is a lack of 2* monsters at the moment. I just need to create three more 4* and I have the maxed-out level 30s already. But yeah, I get a ton of friend points and grind adventure nonstop but it's never enough.

If you grind node 7-1 and choose the longest path, you'll end up with 2-3 creatures per 8 stamina, on top of a sizable number of fodder items.

You're almost done grinding your third hero to 6* while I have barely finished my first. Where do you grind xp for your phatasmas? Node 5-1 with solo fodder + follower?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, didn't realise Arimantha's leg was prosthetic. Is there anywhere you can replay the achievement story bits?

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, i still need like 20 urgent missions for lorina.

I ran out of miasma to upgrade my max *4 phantasms, because i upgrade so many chars to *5 lol

Still can't beat abyss 50 dammit

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
If you grind node 7-1 and choose the longest path, you'll end up with 2-3 creatures per 8 stamina, on top of a sizable number of fodder items.

You're almost done grinding your third hero to 6* while I have barely finished my first. Where do you grind xp for your phatasmas? Node 5-1 with solo fodder + follower?

I know the large labyrinth-like maps are good places to get fodder, but I don't like the micromanagement and I prefer getting more exp on World mode maps. The reason I can play this game so much is because I don't actually play it and just let it auto while I do other stuff.

I generally target maps that theoretically drop stuff I want. For example 6-1 world mode for Ultra Fangs. That one's a little rough to bring 3 fodder units on, but I manage with a good friend support. I did a LOT of grinding on the event maps because Yuna nukes them down in 5 seconds and they drop stuff to turn in for money, but I don't know how efficient they are. They cost 12 energy instead of 8.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, decided to start my 4-9 farming because I need a few mats from there. If I can finish by Wednesday's patch, it will be a success.

In other news, I hit level 60. I think I play this game a lot. Farming at work has some benefits I guess!

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
So, I started the game some 2 weeks ago, deciding to start with a Cecilia + Vildred reroll. My main team at the moment is Ceci, Vildred, Lorina and Silk. I have no real dedicated healer yet, I'm only building an Hazel up anticipating her specialty change.
Question is: should I blow all my resources to get a guaranteed Diene or not? She looks to be the best buffer we'll have for the foreseeable future, but I fear I might not have the best use for her / risk missing on a killer unit in the coming weeks.

Also, are the specialty change units considered native 5* after you "awaken" them? If so, does that mean they'll benefit from the 6% buff coming with the next patch? ^^

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
lol I am stuck at 10-7 that battle against Rose. These mages keep killing me with the poison spell. What the fuuuuuck. I need another Earth damage dealer.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Question is: should I blow all my resources to get a guaranteed Diene or not? She looks to be the best buffer we'll have for the foreseeable future, but I fear I might not have the best use for her / risk missing on a killer unit in the coming weeks.

Wait two days until we have details on the new limited unit that will be released next patch. You can make the decision then.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there will be a limited hero or just something like a Krau+Angelica bait banner.

I was just thinking I'd hold off upgrading Ravi until we know, but then I realized it doesn't matter because Ravi's upgrades are refundable due to her being nerfed before the global server launched.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
He will have a 6-8 hours time window do decide between the patch notes and the server downtime to roll for Diene or not.

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious about the refund for nerfed characters is going to work. Its part of the hero transmit (or whatever the mechanic is called), right? Does that mean you lose the base character to get the upgrades back?

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
This feels like a stupid question from someone who has played as much as me...but when you're in a stage, what does the little potion icon in the bottom left do? I never clicked on it and eventually stopped seeing it. If it restores morale or something, wow I'm gonna feel dumb.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
This feels like a stupid question from someone who has played as much as me...but when you're in a stage, what does the little potion icon in the bottom left do? I never clicked on it and eventually stopped seeing it. If it restores morale or something, wow I'm gonna feel dumb.
I think they only appear when you're in a labyrinth stage.

It gives your party 10% heals and you only get 2 uses for it without any way of topping it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.