• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
bc3e6fb0ee.jpg

My selective summon choice.
My first 6*.
My favourite character.

You shut your whore mouth.
Go back to the swamp!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because the meta was "bring these three characters and win literally everything". It was stupid. Now people need to try different comps.

They could have done that without them being, to quote you "dumpstered". I find it hard to buy into the idea "These powerful free characters are now shit, thats great!" A less heavy hand would have worked better I think.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They could have done that without them being, to quote you "dumpstered". I find it hard to buy into the idea "These powerful free characters are now shit, thats great!" A less heavy hand would have worked better I think.
Tieria and Rikoris aren't free, though. And the character who is free didn't get hit as hard and is still good.

Their kits were too good everywhere. Just delete them while working on their specialization in the meantime to make them more niche.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone managed to clear 5-S6 on World difficulty? I can get to Kiris but then she just annihilates me.

Tieria and Rikoris aren't free, though. And the character who is free didn't get hit as hard and is still good.

Their kits were too good everywhere. Just delete them while working on their specialization in the meantime to make them more niche.

Huh, I'd totally forgotten that Tieria wasn't free. Hopefully they do get a boost and a niche later on. I think Elson is honestly more Ok than Good post-nerf though.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit easy to handwave heavy nerfs like Tiaria's if you pulled a bunch of 5*s up to this point. I have but a single one, and losing an important part of my team in Tiaria is a blow.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit easy to handwave heavy nerfs like Tiaria's if you pulled a bunch of 5*s up to this point. I have but a single one, and losing an important part of my team in Tiaria is a blow.
Tieria was literally in every team, even the mega whales with 20 5*s. EVERYONE is losing Tieria, and no 5* replaces what she brings. It shakes up everyone's team.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I don't need her, I don't need anyone but Ken and three phantasma things. Ken vs the world.

But yes, my main gripe is "nerf easily obtainable characters, buff gacha"

If they are going to whack the good characters people have access to, maybe give out some badges/better rates/something.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen Schuri mentioned as being an alternative to Tieria. I mean I don't have him so thats not much use to me but he might be worth focusing on if people have him. I think he's another "You sort of need 100% crit" character though so good luck on your gear rolls.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I've seen Schuri mentioned as being an alternative to Tieria. I mean I don't have him so thats not much use to me but he might be worth focusing on if people have him. I think he's another "You sort of need 100% crit" character though so good luck on your gear rolls.

I mostly roll effect resistance and flat defense.

Ken is really good in autobattle though, def down all the time, turn off skills for him, let him kick. If I replace him with Baal and Sezan the dumbest things happen.

Last edited:

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
How does one get the higher level molagora things. MolaGoraGo is the second one if I remember right? The patch also talked about an even higher level one!

Outside of an abyss reward I have never seen these. I am at the point where I can't enhance my Sez's skills without them.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Coli got some much-needed buffs. I didn't expect her skills to change so drastically. Seems like S1 hits twice now when stealthed? (which should be often now that S2 and S3 both trigger stealth) S2 now activates a barrier, and S3 now stuns for 1 turn.

Is Hazel's speciality change not coming in this update?

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
So I started playing this in conjunction with Dragalia Lost and the amount of content both provide is surprisingly vast.

I got to 1-10 for the ReRoll Roll and decided on Sigret as my 5* and don't care for rerolling in this game. Now I'm super lost and its pretty intimidating.

Y'all have any tips for a starter? And how hard is it to get additional summons? I only have the freebie 4 star and the 5* that I picked. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
So I started playing this in conjunction with Dragalia Lost and the amount of content both provide is surprisingly vast.

I got to 1-10 for the ReRoll Roll and decided on Sigret as my 5* and don't care for rerolling in this game. Now I'm super lost and its pretty intimidating.

Y'all have any tips for a starter? And how hard is it to get additional summons? I only have the freebie 4 star and the 5* that I picked. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Lorina and Silk are good free connection characters, start trying to get them. Try to avoid wasting gold from equipping and unequipping all the time. Work on strengthening a few characters at a time and your best gear for them but don't go all in unless they are good. Sigret is a solid character, build around her. It's not too bad to get summons, but it is slow similar to Dragalia wyrmeite collection, but you get one free covenant summon a day and badges are bonus items for some achievements and quests. Eventually start saving for a limited character but probably draw a bit in the beginning.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

Maintenance is about to hit with a pretty significant balance update, so we all will need to wait and see which heroes will no longer be viable, lol. You get summons at a pretty regular rate though, just be patient and progress a bit through the story until you unlock all the battle options.
Sigret isn't one of the most highly regarded 5*, but there's still lots of options you can pull from the 3* and 4* pull to build a good team. At least we hope so...
One of the free 3* everyone used will be massively buffed, so ...

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017

Personally I would start out on getting through the story (adventure) first as things begin to unlock the further you progress through it, also the story itself isn't half bad either.

Next you can do a few hunts and also complete a few arena games (PvP), you'll likely get beat down quite a bit to start with but it's at least worth experimenting with, additionally as you progress through the story you can unlock PvE arena matches too so you can farm them later on.

That for the time being should keep you busy enough.

P.S. Sigret is awesome so you did great sticking with her. :)

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
You guys are kind but I only stuck with her because she's the tsundere older classman type...

I care more about grabbing characters than clearing meta for this gacha game. But, all of these tips are welcome thank you all.

What are Connections? I received that water healer as one but does that mean they will eventually join my team?

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
You guys are kind but I only stuck with her because she's the tsundere older classman type...

I care more about grabbing characters than clearing meta for this gacha game. But, all of these tips are welcome thank you all.

What are Connections? I received that water healer as one but does that mean they will eventually join my team?
When you finish a connection quest you keep them. Others will be available soon. Some quests are much longer to complete than others.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks.

Also, I captured this during in credit and I had a good laugh. 10-10 was piece of cake when you picked Achates and barried your party more often, it helps a lot.

I finished 10-10 last night also. I wouldn't say it was a piece of cake with my Ras, Silk, Sez, Hazel team, but once I got them to 79k CP and put Aurius on Ras (had totem on him before), I survived with Ras and Hazel still standing. I don't think without Aurius the party would've survived the boss's huge damage burst near the end.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember, does the Kayron banner go up right after maintenance is over? If nothing else, I need confirmation on whether or not the 120 summons guarantee applies to non-limited. So I'll know if I have to give up on the Krau dream.

I'm 4 rolls from a Moonlight summon and I'll probably cave and do those if he's up when I get home. Even though you get a gold stone from clearing the event. It won't matter as I'll still hit 600 bookmarks by next week when we presumably find out what Kayron was bait for.

Thing I'm hoping for most: a good Cursed Ashes (candle) farming spot in the event. Ravi needs more stats.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I'll pass on Kayron; I've already got one edgelord in Sez, I don't need another. I'd really like Krau though.

I guess the Hazel specialty change is not happening though? Was this just a false rumor?

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I'm starting to hate 4-9 world. 500 stamina or so dropped on it so far, and not a single Blazing Soul. The only reason I'm keeping at it is that it gives decent fodder xp, and grinding advanture nodes makes urgent missions appear for Lorina's specialization mission.

About the new banner, if there's a rate-up on the new artifact, I may roll for it. If not, I'll keep my stash of bookmarks for the next one, hoping for a Luna banner soon...

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I'll pass on Kayron; I've already got one edgelord in Sez, I don't need another. I'd really like Krau though.

I guess the Hazel specialty change is not happening though? Was this just a false rumor?

they literally said this update would contain specialty changes but it doesn't - Hazel was one that they showed concept art for, along with Roozid and Axegod. Maybe they got pulled at the last minute.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017

They said they were going to add specialty changes this update when they first commented on it, but didn't specify. We aren't ready for hazel/roofzid meta.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I haven't paid attention to Hazel because I already have Destina. More like I haven't paid attention to any healer besides her. But Hazel actually isn't half bad, now that I look at her skills properly. I may try to 5* her while waiting for her upgrade.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I haven't paid attention to Hazel because I already have Destina. More like I haven't paid attention to any healer besides her. But Hazel actually isn't half bad, now that I look at her skills properly. I may try to 5* her while waiting for her upgrade.
I have Achetes and Angelica, who I somehow got chasing Diene in anticipation of Elson's Nerf, and I still think Hazel has potential.

2 turn single target heal and aoe heal and attack buff for 2/3 rounds. If you have a def buffer like Krau or Phylls, and a barrier tank like Phylls or Armin, I think she would be the best pairing.

I am waiting for her buff. If they give her a way to handle statuses, she will be one of the better healers in game.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
they literally said this update would contain specialty changes but it doesn't - Hazel was one that they showed concept art for, along with Roozid and Axegod. Maybe they got pulled at the last minute.

Oh okay, I hadn't even seen the official announcement or art, just heard if from people here. Well if it's delayed, at least it'll give me time to finish promoting her to 6*.

My 5* Hazel has gotten me through all the content. She's interesting because while her healing isn't as great as someone like Destina and she lacks debuff support, her heal/aoe attack buff is a significant attack boost (which comes every 3 turns after enhancement) and because of her high attack she also has decent DPS. I also put that potion artifact on her to help with debuffs.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I want to warn you all that if I get an awful moonlight summon tonight I'm lowering the catalyst drop rates to -1%

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
I think Sigret is really good. She will be my second 6* after Charlotte whenever I get to it. Unless I pull Yufine or ML Chloe (lol).

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to do a few pulls on Kayron to get the last transit stone for a ML summon. Looking forward to getting Elson.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Unlike in Dragalia Lost, I've had horrible luck with the pulls in Epic Seven. At least I've been able to get Armin and Lots from the dailies to accompany my Sez. The freebie units have also helped in filling in some roles.

On the flip side, because of the above, it's definitely forcing me to look at what I have and how best to use it... which is still taking some mastering, since it's a balancing act of not spreading resources too thin, and having enough "tools" to deal with some of the early end-game curveball content.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Luck always turn around... Between the start of the game and Diene, my luck was bad. I rolled maybe 100 times for Cecilia and very nearly didn't get her. Similary, I rolled 80+ times for Diene. Out of maybe 350 rolls since the beginning, I only have two 5* artifacts. My last 3 ML summons are Gunther, Mirsa and Mirsa.
And yet, in a single week, I somehow got a second Cecilia and Haste via the daily free rolls.
So, even if you're unlucky right now, your time will come, you can be sure of it.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Rikoris from my first ML summon in weeks. That's...worse than bad luck, that's just cruel.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
What? Maintenance ended already? But I wanted to go to sleep because I was sure the maintenance will be extended again. :( Oh well, sleep is overrated anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.