• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, guys.

a7OsxPIl.png

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
You will get Christmas Ken. I'm just waiting for the next limited character hoping it's a great dps. Disappointment is building but I might start knights chronicle.
Anything gacha worthwhile? I play this, Dragalia, and sometimes Fire Emblem. Was going to try KC, the final fantasy brave ex, and vainglory which isn't really a gacha.

In Grandchase, you can get plenty of *4 stars (Rank A) and few of 5* Rank S (I also got pulled SR in 5 tries for the first time in the game) from gatcha and it's so damn easy to grind/drops compared to this game. Even I promoted from a S character to SR in such simple way and this game doesn't have a limited character, so....that's pretty much it is.

Also, the other recent new game called Tales of Erin (it has nothing to do with Bandai, though) and you can receive ton of gifts by simply input a code in your account. Here's the list via Reddit and it still worked.

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
This game gives out more pulls than those other games you mentioned. It's all probability. Thinking you're going to get better luck elsewhere it's a fool's errand. It's just what it is.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another Eden looks fairly ropey. I seem to recall there being an upcoming Korean Gacha game that looks like a modern day Epic 7 but its name escapes me.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Is effect resistance good? Every time I upgrade and say "anything but effect resistance" it's effect resistance. All three upgrades in a row on my epic armor.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
That is an efficient use of Hazel. Almost maximum efficiency!

Ha, one of the few upsides to 6*ing a 3* is you tend to have lots of dupes to throw in the mix.

My first 6*. Now I guess I should 6* Sez, but I feel kind of exhausted by the process so I think I may chill for a while. I don't know how people have three or four 6*s already, the grind is relentless.

Is effect resistance good? Every time I upgrade and say "anything but effect resistance" it's effect resistance. All three upgrades in a row on my epic armor.

Do you like being poisoned? Stunned? If the answer is no, then yes effect resistance is good. Of course maximizing it on people who can clear those debuffs or who you need to never be stunned is preferable.

I'd like to know if anyone uses the Destruction (crit damage) set. I'd rather have 2-set crit damage with only 20% gain, as the 4-set makes me never prioritize it over other sets.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Ha, one of the few upsides to 6*ing a 3* is you tend to have lots of dupes to throw in the mix.

My first 6*. Now I guess I should 6* Sez, but I feel kind of exhausted by the process so I think I may chill for a while. I don't know how people have three or four 6*s already, the grind is relentless.

Do you like being poisoned? Stunned? If the answer is no, then yes effect resistance is good. Of course maximizing it on people who can clear those debuffs or who you need to never be stunned is preferable.

I'd like to know if anyone uses the Destruction (crit damage) set. I'd rather have 2-set crit damage with only 20% gain, as the 4-set makes me never prioritize it over other sets.
I don't even have four pieces to make a set, what makes it better than a str set though? Doesn't strength impact damage from crits too?

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Crit damage set is end game. You can get 100% crit from substats and necklace main stat once you get T5+ without any set.

If it's end game, then why are 50% of the T3-T4 items that drop for me crit damage sets. :/ If it was a 2-item set then at least it would be more viable earlier in the game.

Speaking of 4-item sets, I'm missing my Lifesteal set on Sez when I use him to farm. I wish the game let you save equipment templates so that I could quickly switch between them. But then I guess they wouldn't get their gold for equipment changes...

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Grinding arena crystals and reputation daily quest just got easier on Hard, I ditched destina and went full attack. Silk, challenger dominiel, Cecilia, and Clarissa. Much quicker.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even have four pieces to make a set, what makes it better than a str set though? Doesn't strength impact damage from crits too?

Sorry, I missed this. Do you mean Attack set, not Strength? I believe the attack set increases base damage, and crit damage increases the percentage of the crit percentage applied on top. Like if you have 150% crit damage stat, your attack is effectively 150% of your normal attack when the crit triggers.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
If it's end game, then why are 50% of the T3-T4 items that drop for me crit damage sets. :/

...stupid question, are you farming the banshee hunt or the third labyrinth? If you want the other sets you gotta run Wyvern/Golem. There's a really good route in labyrinth 2-5 to farm gear and coins as well, can't get the link here but if you check the subreddit it's there.

As for the lifesteal set, yeah, my T5 abyss set rolled so much crit that my Ravi can hit 100% crit with a 25% neck and one crit set. I'd imagine one day down the line when we've got T6 gear then crit damage will be pretty strong.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
These world 4s3 and 5swhatever fights vs Sez and kiris, I get halfway or more to winning and their crazy skills destroy me, I say booooooo.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Tales of Erin's entire UI is an affront to humanity. I don't know how you guys play that game

I got duped into downloading it, and I am still thinking that I was pranked. Aside from the fact that it's UI is fastest loading one of any mobile game I ever played. (you can count loading times for any transition in like, frames on a single hand. ) everything else about it utter trash, including translation that is just meme-tastic

On topic, man, I am never going to luck out and get Dominiel, huh, game? I'm not even asking you for an OP char, just a cute 4* ice mage ;o;

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
These 'Defend' style maps on Eulogy of the Saint are great. Shame the drop rates suck. Boourns!

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I spent all day farming hunts (or, rather, hitting "go" every few minutes while at work). Farming hunts gives so much less return than working toward 6*s it seems.

Oct 25, 2017
Was gonna give this a try, but I get "Application Protection, this device has been rooted 8d6d3d94845bf" error on boot.

Searching the error code gets me no results. My phone isn't rooted.

EDIT: Found it, in case anyone else runs into this. I had SuperUser Root Explorer installed. Probably a carryover from my old phone that was rooted.

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
...stupid question, are you farming the banshee hunt or the third labyrinth? If you want the other sets you gotta run Wyvern/Golem. There's a really good route in labyrinth 2-5 to farm gear and coins as well, can't get the link here but if you check the subreddit it's there.

As for the lifesteal set, yeah, my T5 abyss set rolled so much crit that my Ravi can hit 100% crit with a 25% neck and one crit set. I'd imagine one day down the line when we've got T6 gear then crit damage will be pretty strong.

I do farm banshee more than the others, but I just get a ton of Destruction drops in general. Is farming hunts even worth it though? The gear I get from drops is on the whole much better than the stuff I can craft so far.

--
It's nice to finally get some defense victories in PVP now against all level 50 teams. Especially when Destina is involved. Feels like my Ras/Sez/Silk/Hazel strategy is paying off, and it also underscores that you don't have to have the meta characters to still be successful. (though to be fair, Sez and Silk are no slouches on the tier list)

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching TKGallant's antics in PvP and damn! Watcher Schuri is despicable.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed tonight that Hazel's S1 attack animation has changed over time. For a while I thought I was seeing some kind of attack assist animation. What started as an orb the size of her head became something as big as her torso (and a different visual look), and is now even bigger since going to 6*. I'm not sure if it changes based on star ranking or attack power. But one of those little details that shows when a dev is really passionate about their work. I'm assuming at least the other mages have a similar attack animation change.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
I noticed tonight that Hazel's S1 attack animation has changed over time. For a while I thought I was seeing some kind of attack assist animation. What started as an orb the size of her head became something as big as her torso (and a different visual look), and is now even bigger since going to 6*. I'm not sure if it changes based on star ranking or attack power. But one of those little details that shows when a dev is really passionate about their work. I'm assuming at least the other mages have a similar attack animation change.
I noticed my Tenebria had a new voice line added in to her S2 attack too after the patch. I love the fact they re-visit stuff and continuously improve on bits. Now if only they could improve the drop rates for 5*'s then I would be happy. :)

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
Finished 10-10 yesterday, I think you guys made me so afraid of it that I was a bit overpowered haha, got it on my second try (first one I had real bad luck and she killed my Diene way too quickly).

I can now join the club of the crappy ML summons, yay! Got GloomyEmoBanshee and Wanderer Silk, who is apparently very meh?

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Man after getting Doris my team has become unkillable. What an unreal healer. Sucks in pvp but is incredible in anything pve

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
Man after getting Doris my team has become unkillable. What an unreal healer. Sucks in pvp but is incredible in anything pve
My ML summons have been terrible so far.

1) Lorina (At least I can imprint her in to other Lorina)
2) Celeste
3) Wanda

Still, I live in hope that RNG will treat me better on the next one.

Rahk

Oct 25, 2017
What's the strat to beating ludwig on floor 45?
I was stuck on it for a while, but mostly because I couldn't be bothered. He steals buffs so don't use heroes that rely on them. e.g. Diene.

I just focused him and killed him before his S3 attack. Used Schuri for combat readiness, Lorina for damage and Kayron for no particular reason.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
For right side gear, is it worth losing a set bonus if the main& substats are good?

Just got an epic (red) T5 amulet with 10% Def as main stat, with flat def, effect resistance, percent health and flat health for substats, which seems pretty godly on a tank / healer. But the set bonus is crit dmg XD.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
For right side gear, is it worth losing a set bonus if the main& substats are good?

Just got an epic (red) T5 amulet with 10% Def as main stat, with flat def, effect resistance, percent health and flat health for substats, which seems pretty godly on a tank / healer. But the set bonus is crit dmg XD.
Yep. A single T4+ item with the main stat being % will give more stats on it's own than a set bonus. Always go for the % stat you need above sets.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is my..... 13th fucking gacha....... i may have just a small problem. I only spend money on FFBE every now n then, though, besides a few games' starter packs.

FFBrave Exvius
FEHeroes(not much anymore)
Epic Seven
Grand Chase
Duel Links(counts i guess)
Housamo
Grand Summoners
Dragalia Lost
Marvel Future Fight(every few months)
FF Opera Omnia
KHUX
And a dabbling of that kinda bad Evangelion one and Fate/GO

This game's 300 roll is a gut punch because I get very greedy but also was given nothing but Tywin and Kaavi(?) in my first 300 and I wasnt settling for boring guy or gross anime

But I ended up settling with the Librarian fetish lady. She's cool i guess. Not super useful right now as i fight no red enemies at all.

There a ERA guild?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
This is my..... 13th fucking gacha....... i may have just a small problem. I only spend money on FFBE every now n then, though, besides a few games' starter packs.

FFBrave Exvius
FEHeroes(not much anymore)
Epic Seven
Grand Chase
Duel Links(counts i guess)
Housamo
Grand Summoners
Dragalia Lost
Marvel Future Fight(every few months)
FF Opera Omnia
KHUX
And a dabbling of that kinda bad Evangelion one and Fate/GO

This game's 300 roll is a gut punch because I get very greedy but also was given nothing but Tywin and Kaavi(?) in my first 300 and I wasnt settling for boring guy or gross anime

But I ended up settling with the Librarian fetish lady. She's cool i guess. Not super useful right now as i fight no red enemies at all.

There a ERA guild?
Welcome.

This is the best one. :3

There is an ERA guild, a couple I think. Not sure who to contact.

GloomyHitsuji

Oct 31, 2017
Is it too late to start the game now?
I didn't see any "welcome/bonus" gifts, after completing 1-10, I barely have 200 crystals, good for 2 summons.
How did everyone reroll?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see any "welcome/bonus" gifts, after completing 1-10, I barely have 200 crystals, good for 2 summons.
How did everyone reroll?
1-10 gives you a Selective Reroll where you can roll 30 10-rolls. That's the main way to reroll. Other than that, people really don't reroll now any other way.

And it's not too late, if anything, it's a good time. Christmas event starts tomorrow.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
How did everyone reroll?

When you finish 1-10 if you go into summons you should see selective summons. It gives you 30 10 pulls and you can choose one. You can only get one five star, but I would go for a good healer and damage dealer. The 1-4 reroll trick is gone though since the bookmarks are gone for new accounts.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017

Finally... only took me 2 weeks or so lol. While trying to get her I managed to farm enough to make my first 6* as well, not sure if I should go with Sez, Destina, or Lorina. Lorina is pretty close to getting her specialty change so I'm kind of leaning towards her.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
If I can't spend these 605 bookmarks soon I'm gonna explode. Rank up pack 2 is taunting me as well now that I'm 60, but I can hold off a day. Also still haven't gone ahead with my next 6* promotion.

I hope this event is really big, it looks like it might be since I think it lasts 3 weeks. The previous events have managed to not have any of the catalysts I really need so there's bound to be something, here.

Also last night I cleared a huge chunk of World mode for the molagora seeds from full stage completion. Then I ran into the Cecilia in world 7 - what the fuck is this thing? I beat her Abyss version, and this one is very similar with much less HP. But she is many times faster and hits harder. I guess if I play the whole stage manual and bring a good friend support it should be simple, but I wasn't expecting something this hard here. Even the super Sez down in 4-1 was nothing to me now.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope we get a new character banner tomorrow. Something limited. I have more characters to level and gear up than I could possibly hope to use, but I always want more. I hope the Kayron buff is substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.