• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I got Kise today as well. Didn't expect to get her really since I already got haste off the banner last week instead, just happened to get some bookmarks from SSSing a unit and she popped out from those. Game's been ridiculously kind to me on these past two banners. I'm sure I've got a sea of 3* units waiting for me on the next normal and ML banners to pay for it, lol.

She's helped quite a bit on beating the wyvern already.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Abyss 76, 77 and 78 done. Hardest part of all of this was wave 1 of 76 with all the annoying healing.

I used Judge Kise in all 3. Her AOE turn delay has been incredibly useful, and since I normally run her with Cursed Compass in PVP it costs me peanuts to swap to Daydream Joker. Since she is very, very fast and defense breaks this resulted in her burning down floor 77 Ravi with nonstop 13k crits. Normally she hits like a wet noodle (I put everything into speed and HP) but abyss at this level has HP levels so insane that daydream joker is crazy good.

78 I just unleashed the Kiris cheese. I don't have time for this shit. Lots went down pretty fast even though he healed himself a couple times. I don't know what would've happened if he got his ult off but I never had to find out thanks to Kise.

79 and 80 look like I'll be using Angelica again. Hopefully can get them down tomorrow and do some ML rolls.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
You all are going to feel really foolish trying to get Kise before her banner leaves if we get a Ken banner tomorrow.

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
My Kise is only at 5*, but I put epic speed gear on her and she's OP. She out damaged 6* friends. She basically goes 2-3 per enemy turn with her insane speed. Pair her with Silk for more fun.

Kise deals amazing damage I know. Even at level 50 and unskilled she greatly outdamages with the SAME GEARS my level 60 skilled up and 5 times awakened Yufine (RIP).

Iseria has a different role and she did open a lot of interesting combo and party compositions.
Even pairing Iseria with Kise can be interesting, making that +2 cooldowns on Kise's S3 a +4 cooldowns.

Overall Iseria wins in usefulness for me, but Kise is a GREAT water unit and I had almost zero waters. (For some reasons my account attracts grass/earth units. I think I have all the grass 5 star units minus Ludwig.)

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I think the hero rates are mostly acceptable, especially if they continue the pity system. But the catalyst rates are complete garbage.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
For the record, while Angelica is arguably superior in Abyss content, the same is not necessarily true of the endgame raid content. Most raid bosses have some kind of buff removal, which utterly destroy's Angelica's utility in those encounters. Additionally, if you use her S3 as a preventative measure, you only get the barrier/immunity side and lose out on the healing, which is a tremendous loss in efficiency compared to Destina or Achates just healing everyone *after* the enemy applies their debuffs (and both of those characters have much greater scaling values on their S3 heals).

At some point you're probably going to want to switch from Angelica to Achates or Destina if you're lucky enough to have two of the three. It's just that type of game. No one character is the perfect answer to all content (unless you're Diene).

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats on both. You'll probably honestly get more utility out of Armin. She's basically become my main tank; probably going to 6* her. I recommend Defense and HP sets on her, and either Aurius or Candlestick (the latter is great for reducing her aoe heal/barrier cooldown).
Yes, I must admit I'm almost more excited by getting Armin than Kise. ^^
She's definitely at the top of my list of which units to level up and gear up now!

I got a list of units I want. I'm stocking up and waiting for them... lol I hope Sez even comes.
God no. lol. I'll wait till rates are up for Sez, Kayron, Haste, Cecilia, Krau... One of those.
Real talk: I think Sez is currently quite overrated. Sure he helps carrying along the way to 10-10, but he's not really useful at all in any endgame content.
True stars in this game are the main three healers, and utility characters like Diene.

Nov 3, 2017
Holy shit, after largely ignoring the Kise banner (with some occasional pulls here and there), I decided I would do just a few more pulls before the banner ends, and I got Kise on the second banner. I think I would have made at most 15 pulls in total from the banner

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Shito, Sez may get too much hype, but he out-DPSes anyone else I have by a factor of 2 or 3. I can't comment on endgame content because I'm not there, but I can't imagine his raw damage output becoming suddenly un-useful at that point. He's certainly at least useful way past 10-10, because he's still in my main team, and if I need a wrecking ball, I bring Sez.

The only thing better than Armin is Crimson Armin. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Crimson Armin is probably better for PVP with that aoe invulnerability skill, but I'll take Armin for PVE for her heal, aoe poison, and S1 stun move.

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
How is this game to a f2p player? Is PvP viable for a f2p?
Day time spent to do diaries? Story any good?
Thanks

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
How is this game to a f2p player? Is PvP viable for a f2p?
Day time spent to do diaries? Story any good?
Thanks

More friendly than most other games. Gacha rates are low, but the currency for it is easy to gain without paying. You can expect maybe 30 rolls/week if you use all your stamina and pvp tokens.
Pvp is viable after maybe 2 weeks of setting up and gearing a team. Just don't expect to compete in the higher leagues.
And there 's 3 monthly or beginner packs that give a lot of stuff for maybe 6$ each.
The story is good.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or is the game having more connection issues lately ? Seems like its struggling often to connect to the servers or something.

Holy shit, after largely ignoring the Kise banner (with some occasional pulls here and there), I decided I would do just a few more pulls before the banner ends, and I got Kise on the second banner. I think I would have made at most 15 pulls in total from the banner

Sweet, congrats !!!

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
More friendly than most other games. Gacha rates are low, but the currency for it is easy to gain without paying. You can expect maybe 30 rolls/week if you use all your stamina and pvp tokens.
Pvp is viable after maybe 2 weeks of setting up and gearing a team. Just don't expect to compete in the higher leagues.
And there 's 3 monthly or beginner packs that give a lot of stuff for maybe 6$ each.
The story is good.
Thanks !
How about time spent to make the daily?

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks !
How about time spent to make the daily?

I would say like half an hour?
You have to do 4 "boss" battles (1 Spirit Altar and 3 Hunt), 5 arena battles and 5 adventure battles. You can auto them all, but because of the skill animations and all that it can take a while to finish those.

There's also some quests that don't require you to do anything basically, like "Do the daily free summon", "Complete 2 dispatch missions" which is a idle thing you send your units to do to get XP and currencies, and "Raise a Penguin from Forest of Souls" which is also an idle thing you get get XP (the penguins) and promotion materials.

And aside from that there's usually a "banner" thing that once you complete a "quest" (spend X stamina, spend X gold, etc.) for the day you get a "currency" that you can spend to get a random reward. For example right now we have the Roll the Dice banner. IIRC the "quests" are spend 100 stamina, spend 70k gold and do 3 hunts (?), and for each you get a dice. You roll the dice and land on a spot on a small board and get the reward for the spot, and there's also a lap counter from which you can get rewards after a certain number.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
How is this new Char Bellona?

S1 Windbreak Fan - Deals damage proportional to the enemy's max HP, if the caster's stacked focus is more than 5, loses all focus and activates Razor Wind (S3).

Her S1 makes her very intriguing for boss battles as the damage dealt is proportional to the max HP of the target. This means she could dish out a lot of damage on high HP mobs and not as much as grunts etc.

S2 Butterfly Fan (3 Turn Cooldown) - Before Awakening "Attacks all enemies by waving a fan. Damage dealt increases with more enemies". After Awakening "Attacks all enemies by waving a fan. Damage dealt increases with more enemies Plus gains immunity for 1 turn".

Fairly standard mob clearing ability, not really sure it's worth awakening on but it would depend on who you're facing.

S3 Razor Wind (6 Turn Cooldown) - Attacks all enemies by creating a powerful gust of wind, with a 65% chance to decrease defence for 2 turns. Effect chance increases by 20% when Razor Wind is triggered by Winbreak Fan (S1).

It's a powerful effect especially with the odds reaching 85% on your focussed S1 attack. Defence down is one of the best debuffs to put on your opponent.

Overall, I think she's decent but I would put her more towards a PvE character than a PvP one. The fact she can start chaining off her S3 at numerous times means she will be very useful to bring along to PvE events. I would need to see what skill enhancements unlock when you level them up but I would be thrilled to have her in my team and what her base stats are like but she seems promising.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Bellona is really meh to me. Her animations are terrible and I think AoE characters are pretty niche. They have their place but she's not limited. Passing.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
It's actually funny you mention her animation, since I took note of that too. In fact, both her and Kise seem to have pretty low-key ones, while Diene's and Crayon's are spectacular (imho).

Also got a 4* from the daily. It was Maya. Maya.

Bishop76

Oct 30, 2017
S1 Windbreak Fan - Deals damage proportional to the enemy's max HP, if the caster's stacked focus is more than 5, loses all focus and activates Razor Wind (S3).

Her S1 makes her very intriguing for boss battles as the damage dealt is proportional to the max HP of the target. This means she could dish out a lot of damage on high HP mobs and not as much as grunts etc.

S2 Butterfly Fan (3 Turn Cooldown) - Before Awakening "Attacks all enemies by waving a fan. Damage dealt increases with more enemies". After Awakening "Attacks all enemies by waving a fan. Damage dealt increases with more enemies Plus gains immunity for 1 turn".

Fairly standard mob clearing ability, not really sure it's worth awakening on but it would depend on who you're facing.

S3 Razor Wind (6 Turn Cooldown) - Attacks all enemies by creating a powerful gust of wind, with a 65% chance to decrease defence for 2 turns. Effect chance increases by 20% when Razor Wind is triggered by Winbreak Fan (S1).

It's a powerful effect especially with the odds reaching 85% on your focussed S1 attack. Defence down is one of the best debuffs to put on your opponent.

Overall, I think she's decent but I would put her more towards a PvE character than a PvP one. The fact she can start chaining off her S3 at numerous times means she will be very useful to bring along to PvE events. I would need to see what skill enhancements unlock when you level them up but I would be thrilled to have her in my team and what her base stats are like but she seems promising.

thanks Icarus! I agree,she looks like a good damage dealer for PvE, especially for endgame content or high level Abyss.
I think I will save my gems for the next summon/limited.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
When the Kise banner started, I was sitting at about 650 BM. Now, two weeks later, the banner is about to end, I'm at 580 BM with only the grind and monthly pack benefits as supply, and the rolls on that banner somehow gave me Karin, Krau and 3 Kise.

I'll do some rolls on Bellona, too, but she doesn't interest me much. Rather than a n-th earth archer, I want a good earth tank, like a green Cecilia.

thanks Icarus! I agree,she looks like a good damage dealer for PvE, especially for endgame content or high level Abyss.
I think I will save my gems for the next summon/limited.

For high-level abyss, you want heroes who can take some hits, and do as much single-target dps as possible, to kill enemies before they're AoE healed, and reduce the damage you take. Bellona's damage seem too spread-out to be really good in abyss, in my opinion.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Bellona is my most wanted character based on her superiority to Sez in the story. I was hoping for a limited but she seems skilled like a regular. I hope I get her but am unsure how hard to go.

Minor Ken fix at least, helps with Wyvern, Vigor can't be debuffed. Still doesn't solve the problem.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Bellona looks good , but with my lucky and these shitty rates I don't know if I should bother to roll :/

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
If I fail to get bellona and then ml Ken in my ML summon I'm quitting this game.

Setting the table early.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bellona looks solid; not that they're in the same lane but I also wouldn't mind my go to green archer not being Silk either.

21 pulls away from another ML pull so I'll likely do that.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, they finally caught that Cidd bug where his S1 was sometimes still upgraded after his buff dropped off. I want to say it only happened when you were transitioning between waves of a stage, or maybe that's just one of the only times that buff is likely to fall off since Cidd is constantly using his S1. Either way, not too big a deal.

As for Bellona, I got spooked by Vildred so I'm fine for AOE greens. But I'll roll a bit anyways because it's Bellona.

For the record, while Angelica is arguably superior in Abyss content, the same is not necessarily true of the endgame raid content. Most raid bosses have some kind of buff removal, which utterly destroy's Angelica's utility in those encounters. Additionally, if you use her S3 as a preventative measure, you only get the barrier/immunity side and lose out on the healing, which is a tremendous loss in efficiency compared to Destina or Achates just healing everyone *after* the enemy applies their debuffs (and both of those characters have much greater scaling values on their S3 heals).

At some point you're probably going to want to switch from Angelica to Achates or Destina if you're lucky enough to have two of the three. It's just that type of game. No one character is the perfect answer to all content (unless you're Diene).

yeah...I don't regret my skill point investment into Angelica since she is essential in Abyss, and I still use her on at least one raid boss. But Destina is who I'm focusing on. I used Achates as my main healer for a long time and while I miss her short cooldown S3, the invulnerability got less valuable as Ravi became nigh-unkillable and my team got faster. Destina's insane heal output and combat readiness manipulation, on top of her fat HP bar have been huge for me.

I've spread myself too thin across those 3 AND SS achates (for pvp) and I kinda wish they'd let me recall some of those molagoras. But it's not like I haven't gotten tons of use out of them. Maybe in the future they'll have modes that require multiple distinct teams - I think they mentioned something like that.

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not too hot on Bellona, I'll probably be skipping her banner, but that artefact recycle shop is a reaaaally good thing!
Seeing as how some characters only become viable with a given artefact, introducing a mechanic to get them without only relying on RNG is a very good and needed move!

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not too hot on Bellona, I'll probably be skipping her banner, but that artefact recycle shop is a reaaaally good thing!
Seeing as how some characters only become viable with a given artefact, introducing a mechanic to get them without only relying on RNG is a very good and needed move!

The thief one and Karen vs me having three Song of stars...

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That shop looks great. Given the conversion rate it'll probably take some time to build a stash of powder. Will need to make sure I have enough to get Sigurd's Scythe if it ever rotates in.

Also good to see an end date on the pvp season. Hopefully season 2 will have another set of gear to get.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
The Unknown Slate in the shop isn't listed as being tied to 'S1' so I assume it won't go away or refresh. I'd rather save my points for a new set of gear, even if it's similar to the previous set I could always just gear up another healer.

You know what would be neat? Is if in season 2 of PVP everything reset including the first-time rank rewards. I don't see them doing that, but it's the only way I'd ever try to climb back up to challenger 2 again.

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna take some time to digest that update. Looks like some good stuff too. Interesting that the arena season is finally ending (is this the first time the season has ended for the KR server too?). I have all the S1 gear. Probably won't grab the Unknown Slate though. Will see what others say about its permanence once the shop refreshes.

Curious what the new gear set will be. Not even sure what I want. I'll take Health/Attack/Speed for sure though. Can't really ever have enough of those.

Pretty cool to see Bellona got in too. Didn't think it'd be that fast since she had a static portrait. Also a new Earth hero is nice. Doubt I'll end up getting her since I don't have many bookmarks and want to save my skystones for a limited character, but a powerful Earth hero would be nice since I have almost exclusively 5* Ice heroes.

Also, got Rose from my daily. She isn't great, but a new 4* is def way more exciting than a copy of a 3*!
Also got Guider Aither from Moonlight. He seems... interesting? He is rated really high on the discord tier list so I'll have to figure out why :p

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Also, got Rose from my daily. She isn't great, but a new 4* is def way more exciting than a copy of a 3*!
Also got Guider Aither from Moonlight. He seems... interesting? He is rated really high on the discord tier list so I'll have to figure out why :p

G Aither hit surprisingly hard.
There was once a time in Arena with a GAither on the op team, when I didn't know anything about him, and I saw a grey 11500 number appearing with the death of my Karen. I was shocked, outraged, triggered.

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting... Very interesting :)

Another unit to build though! Probably more worthy of the gear than Serila. Gonna have to do some swaps.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
The vast majority of 4* ML summons are amazing. Fighter Maya and Celestial Mercedes might be the weakest of the bunch but the rest are great.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't manage to get all the S1 pvp gear, oh well.

Edit: Oh we still have a month, dunno if I'd get em all in that time though, been slacking on arena.

Last edited:

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't manage to get all the S1 pvp gear, oh well.

Edit: Oh we still have a month, dunno if I'd get em all in that time though, been slacking on arena.
Set your command center to do some arena currency missions! I've been doing one mission (out of two) for a few weeks + 5 arena a day against cpus and I'm sitting pretty.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Bellona looks interesting. S1 Scaling off Max HP may mean she does decent damage to mobs and bosses (think Kiris that doesn't rely on status), depending on the scaling. Defense Break is also always useful. I already have Cidd though, and that 5* artifact is way too specialised, so might just skip this banner.

I just want a banner with a pity rate so I know there's something at the end of the road

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels odd to actually want limited units to show up. They should extend the pity rate to all featured banner characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.