• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
All of these are from the perspective of someone just starting out.

1) What are the best ways to get skill enhancement materials? I see there's a MolaGora in the shop for 15 Transmit Crystals, but I don't have any of those crystals. Where should I farm them?

2) Is there a standard set of things I should be focusing on in the shop? There's a lot of things I can buy, but limited resources, so I want to make sure I'm picking the right things.

3) Is there any benefit to 100% exploring a Labyrinth area? The turn refreshes are so slow I don't want to waste time to go in and clear that last 10% I missed if it's just a couple of battles and that's it.

4) Are the Dispatch Missions worth doing? Sure I get some exp for it, but man my phone is beeping like every hour for me to log in and start a new one. It's tiring.

5) Is there a ERA guild I can join? There's a ton of lowbie guilds but most of them are dead, with members not having logged in for weeks, and most of the manual accept guilds jsut reject me because I'm not high enough. I tend to whale on these games, just need to find one who will take me a bit early :)

6) Is there a tier list that doesn't suck?

7) I've got Angelica, Ras, Mercedes, Vildred, Mucacha, Alexa, Aither, Rima, Helga, Pearlhorizon, and Azalea. Which of these should I focus on building up and which are bad? Obviously Angelica and Vildred are strong, but I'm not sure which of the other characters I should invest in.

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017

1) What are the best ways to get skill enhancement materials? I see there's a MolaGora in the shop for 15 Transmit Crystals, but I don't have any of those crystals. Where should I farm them?

2) Is there a standard set of things I should be focusing on in the shop? There's a lot of things I can buy, but limited resources, so I want to make sure I'm picking the right things.

3) Is there any benefit to 100% exploring a Labyrinth area? The turn refreshes are so slow I don't want to waste time to go in and clear that last 10% I missed if it's just a couple of battles and that's it.

4) Are the Dispatch Missions worth doing? Sure I get some exp for it, but man my phone is beeping like every hour for me to log in and start a new one. It's tiring.

5) Is there a GAF guild I can join? There's a ton of lowbie guilds but most of them are dead, with members not having logged in for weeks, and most of the manual accept guilds jsut reject me because I'm not high enough. I tend to whale on these games, just need to find one who will take me a bit early :)

7) I've got Angelica, Ras, Mercedes, Vildred, Mucacha, Alexa, Aither, Rima, Helga, Pearlhorizon, and Azalea. Which of these should I focus on building up and which are bad? Obviously Angelica and Vildred are strong, but I'm not sure which of the other characters I should invest in.
1. You get them from dailies, event quests, and "transmuting" nat 3* heroes and higher under the Transmission tab under the Hero menu on the main screen.

2. Focus on the Molagoras, then the catalysts, then whatever you fancy. Molagoras are a must-get.

3. You get a little extra currency when you 100% clear a labyrinth. The best strategy is to get to 2-5 (the second area, the fifth floor of that area) and farming that for ancient coins.

4. Yes, especially the ones for ancient coins. You can choose the longer ones, it's not a big deal, just a little less efficient.

5. This is ERA ;). But yeah, there are. I can't help you there, though.

6. No. The Reddit tier list is good to look at who to avoid, but honestly, anything who's not trash has a place on some team.

7. Angelica is one of the top three healers in the game. Vildred is one of the best farmers. Alexa and Helga, while they get outclassed, are actually quite strong.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I'd probably invest in Angelica and a little in Vildred, but save Mologora until you luck into another good character. Also, look at the friend connection quest characters, Lorina and Silk are both good and better investments than the other three stars. Yuna too but that takes longer.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Azalea is a pretty good warrior if you don't have anything else, too.

I always wonder with the tier lists if they're based on maxing out skill enhancements, or no enhancements at all. Because all the characters, but especially the 3* characters, benefit a lot from enhancements.

Oct 25, 2017

5) Is there a GAF guild I can join? There's a ton of lowbie guilds but most of them are dead, with members not having logged in for weeks, and most of the manual accept guilds jsut reject me because I'm not high enough. I tend to whale on these games, just need to find one who will take me a bit early :)

I couldnt get into a GAF guild but Im in an extremely active one,whats your name

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
5. This is ERA ;). But yeah, there are. I can't help you there, though.
Fuck, that must be the hardest I've ever failed at life :-/ I haven't even visited that place since the change, I think this is just the first game where I actually tried to join a forum guild since "back then", and it was like mental muscle kicking in.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Decided to give the Queen a try yesterday and took her out. She wasn't that bad tbh, and it's not like I have OP team (no one was over 35k power). Just have to bring some cleansers and healers. Bellona really makes it easier. Time to start min maxing.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Ran some auto 7 wyvern hunt and a couple manual dragon halves of 8, waste of time. So many tier 40 drops from the 7 hunt.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
It's highly advisable to ignore all hunts before 8. Better gear drops from 8 onwards. I can't do 9 or 10 yet but have gotten many epic drops on 8.
I got an epic from 7. Tier 40....

I'll avoid 7 unless I want to do the dailies on full auto.

8 hunt, purple weapon lvl 70 yeahhhhhh ...hit set. That's my third good thing that turned out to be a hit set piece in the last couple weeks. I need hit set people. Maybe I'll feed it to Baal. No one seems to really recommend hit series, just aim for some effectiveness in the sub stats.

Last edited:

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've pulled 5 Lorinas. I mean ... I can only laugh.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The quests for these specialty changes are ridiculously grindy. I feel like I can't progress with other characters while I'm spending all my stamina completing these quests.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather have kill ten milliion enemies than "kill 500 of this enemy from a stage that drops nothing you want". Those ones suck.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather have kill ten milliion enemies than "kill 500 of this enemy from a stage that drops nothing you want". Those ones suck.
Yeah I'm actually farming that one for Kluri and just hoping I get a good chunk out of the 10k kill quest that way but it's so damn tedious. I've been running the same stage for two straight days and I'm only at 200/500. I'll finish that before I get these Mega-Phantasma to level 40 though.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so. Killing 10k creeps sounds insane. Kluri seems really tedious too trying to level Mega Phantasma to Level 40.

I'm doing the Kluri megas, and it feels purposefully grindy. Like I would never take Megas to 40 unless I was desperate, I only use Gigas for that. And since they specified a single type, it's also a pain because you can only bring one at a time. So I've been bringing one plus two 2* mobs.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I should get ml Ken first though. Because Ken. Also I didn't finish off every labyrinth before progressing and just now got the boots of a sacred hero from 2-5 gold chest, it was exactly what I needed. Speed base crit rate boots :0

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm doing the Kluri megas, and it feels purposefully grindy. Like I would never take Megas to 40 unless I was desperate, I only use Gigas for that. And since they specified a single type, it's also a pain because you can only bring one at a time. So I've been bringing one plus two 2* mobs.
I've been doing the same setup, but it's going so slowly I'm probably only going to take the Phantasma so it gets all the EXP. At least for a while.

What should i use my first Breath of Orbis on? I was thinking about unlocking hunt missions
I'm not sure if there's a consensus on the best Sanctuary upgrades, but I would probably open up the Forest of Souls so you can raise more than one creature at a time.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
The good thing about Kluri quest's Phantasmas is that you'll then be one step closer to 6* at least 2 units.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I had enough for my 3rd 6* star yesterday but i really couldnt decide between Diene,Doris, Angelica and Destina.....so i said f it and went ahead with Kluri lol.

Now i have a couple days again before i have to decide which healer i need most.

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get some good QoL changes soon. A better way to sort through things is a must, like separating/not including fodder in the Hero list.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
I had enough for my 3rd 6* star yesterday but i really couldnt decide between Diene,Doris, Angelica and Destina.....so i said f it and went ahead with Kluri lol.

Now i have a couple days again before i have to decide which healer i need most.

I ALMOST went the same route. Almost. But Achates (I only have her and Lots, sadly) is struggling with the heals a little so she gets the honors.

Next one after her will be Diene, and that completes my core team to 6*. Then I can start adding extra 'toys' into the mix which is the fun part (except for the grind...).

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of false propaganda Achates has to suffer even from those using her is astounding. Best healer.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Achates, Angelica, and Destina are all great. It's just that Achates is a little more niche. Angelica has two AoE heals and debuff immunity, useful in a lot of situations, so that's why she's considered "the best", but there are plenty of instances where Destina and Achates do the job just as well or better.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I finally crossed the line and did a couple of skystone stamina refreshes last night. I got like 3 slime jelly and a cursed ashes from it...shit, they're trying to bait me, aren't they.

I've gotten a kill of every raid boss now and I think I've got teams that can farm Juleeve and Vera painlessly. Since it seemed like the queen was available after 2 kills last week I should be able to at least try her this week. I'm nowhere close to being able to get 2 kills in one run though...none of the bosses are killable for me with a team that gets decent morale restoration. And I need different teams for everyone, Angelica is too essential but I can't solo heal with her.

I've been mostly ignoring the Banshee hunt until now but I threw a Yuna/Cidd/Bellona/Destina team at it this morning. Turns out I can *almost* auto 10, I just need to hit Arky on the second wave of spawns to be safe. I could use a crit damage set, and I'm still at the point where even manually playing the other two hunts is iffy. So I'll be doing this a lot, I think.

I'm still 1 alarm clock short of 6* awakening Destina - I have the runes and hearts. It's been such an ordeal getting these materials I don't know if I'll be able to pull the trigger, lol. Maybe I'll see if a new hero shows up tomorrow.

The amount of false propaganda Achates has to suffer even from those using her is astounding. Best healer.

She was my main healer for a long time and I only fully phased her out for Destina a couple weeks ago. I miss her short cooldown S3, but Derpstina's healing output is insane and my team has a lot of HP these days so it isn't overkill. Her combat readiness stuff is more valuable to me than the invulnerable shields as well, since my team is so fast that the shields were almost always wasted. I could see myself re-gearing her when they add modes that need additional teams, or maybe leaving out Angelica for double healer fights and bringing Achates back into my main squad. A LOT of raid bosses have dispels so perhaps two AOE cleanses would be more valuable.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Do you have to farm for Breath of Orbis or do they come naturally through story progression?

Also how hard should i be farming for event currency?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have to farm for Breath of Orbis or do they come naturally through story progression?

Also how hard should i be farming for event currency?
Story progression. Look for a little diamond symbol next to a stage. Those are the stages that give you a Breath of Orbis.

You should at the very least, very very least get the Molagora from the event shop. I personally would farm enough to get the catalysts, the Molagora, and the bookmarks, then bounce.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Wyvern 8, and on full auto. Hazel, Sez, Armin, and Dingo. Dingo was the key to adding on enough debuffs so the wyvern wouldn't one-shot my team (at least I think that's what I read, seemed to work anyway), and he also helped Hazel with debuff cleansing.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Man...whats up with that Cecilia encounter on World ? Killed my team twice already lol.
I ALMOST went the same route. Almost. But Achates (I only have her and Lots, sadly) is struggling with the heals a little so she gets the honors.

Next one after her will be Diene, and that completes my core team to 6*. Then I can start adding extra 'toys' into the mix which is the fun part (except for the grind...).

And you made the right choice lol.
Kluri is cool but i would have been better off with a healer - the weird part is...i think no matter what unit i would have chosen i would have felt somewhat bad about it...

Just takes so damn long to work on these 6*....i could stop pulling now and probably had still like five 6* worthy units.
Wish they would gift us some to at least get first 6* farmed faster.

From all the gacha titles ive played this game has the most tiresome upgrade process. But its also the first Korean one i played, so this might be the standard.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any preferred method of leveling the sanctuary? So far I've raised Soul Isle to level 3, Cradle of Life level 1 and Mirror of Light level 2.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Finally beat Wyvern 8, and on full auto. Hazel, Sez, Armin, and Dingo. Dingo was the key to adding on enough debuffs so the wyvern wouldn't one-shot my team (at least I think that's what I read, seemed to work anyway), and he also helped Hazel with debuff cleansing.

Hmmmm I can't beat it on auto, what does that say about Ken...

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017

Hey now, I've plenty of love for Achates. So much so in fact that I've invested heavily into her skills. She also has fast heal rotation and her invisibility skill has saved my skin on numerous occasions, especially with bosses and the Abyss. Nothing but love.

(...but I do still want Angelica for her AOE heals and debuff skill)

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Every character you have is bad unless I have them and have invested at least two mologora in them.

koryuken

Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys, I was lucky enough to pull Axe God from ML summons. I don't have either him or Lorina built - who should i invest in? I have defense breakers like Kluri and Bellona, but they can get resisted by the red element. My understanding is Axe god is 100% unresistable def break since he is dark... any opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.